The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

9 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, exactly. I mean this whole episode is just full of all sorts of family snark and Amy just got caught in the middle of the Cooper conflict by siding with Mary. But I didn't feel like there were any hard feelings involved. We already know Sheldon won't hold a grudge against her, nor that it will be a theme for the next episodes. So I'm just filing this under "Sheldon had a bad day" and that's about it.

Thank you so much, @April. You made some great points about Sheldon's behavior that calmed my heart again. :)

I know he was having a bad day but when he is rude to Amy my worst fear , that is that she cant handle with his behavior in some situations, takes me, cant help myself, lol. She is not perfect but she usually defends him as someone is less nice to him, as she defended Sheldon of Leonards' father words after Sheldon spoke about he and Amy took two years for holding hands. I am still hopefull that Sheldon one day cant do something similar to Amy, you know.

Next episodes surely, for the tr we have read , that will bring us good things about Sheldon and Amy. Poor things, it is enough of stress and more stressful situations. :wink:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, exactly. I mean this whole episode is just full of all sorts of family snark and Amy just got caught in the middle of the Cooper conflict by siding with Mary. But I didn't feel like there were any hard feelings involved. We already know Sheldon won't hold a grudge against her, nor that it will be a theme for the next episodes. So I'm just filing this under "Sheldon had a bad day" and that's about it.

Yeah I thought Sheldon was actually quite tame in his annoyance with the parental thing, maybe another sign he has changed a bit? Because I could easily have imagined Season 1-3 Sheldon would have gone a bit apeshit. Maybe the trip to Texas with Howard when he caught his mother with another man could have also played a part in that, he knows his mother has that sort of aspect of her life so whilst it annoys him perhaps not as much. Amy got sucked into the middle of it but came through alright.

IRK? I don't need another couple with that weird "the girl has to mother the boy" kind of thing. We already had all those jokes with Howardette - leave Shamy with the quirky stuff that makes everybody else uncomfortable. LOL

You are so right about this motherly transference. It could be easy for the writers to have this crop up again especially if they do end up living together permanently and spend more time together. I can't say anything about writing outcomes as I don't know what they have planned but from a character standpoint Amy is a strong willed and highly intelligent character so I am sure she will avoid it and develop her own ways. She has shown she can sort Sheldon out in the past without having to mother him so to speak.

I was positively surprised about Sheldon's part. Like, he only started his speech after it was apparently time for everyone to say nice things - as demonstrated by Leonard's parents. And then when Bernie declared Lenny husband and wife he stood back and only after she added the "and weird husband that came with the apartment" line he was joining them in the hug which was cute.

This whole idea could have gone so wrong but the way it was handled was so that Sheldon didn't come across as intrusive or disruptive to ruin the moment.

A rare but another glimpse into the Sheldon and Leonard bromance? If you are a Troll fan like I know we both are there is nothing wrong with that lol. I thought it was tastefully done and from the heart. Like you said in your excellent Season 9 review Sheldon is different since Spock Resonance, especially when Leonard told him to appreciate the real people in your life Sheldon has shown a more caring side with less snark.

Yeah the timing was spot on, ceremony was finishing Bernadette allowing comments so it was the perfect time. I am glad Mary was there in a way as she stopped Amy from having most likely one of those panic attack like moments like we saw in Prom where she gets so excited and shocked. I would say to Amy don't worry your dream will come. :icon_cool:

Same here. I'm sure there will be a time jump but the question is: How big? Are they still during the experiment? At the end of it? Or worst case: After?? Fingers crossed it will be something good for us!!

Having joined the forum later than most (around Season 9) this is probably the most excited I have ever been for an upcoming TR, so yes I will probably end up being disappointed lol and it will be something very different. Only 24 episodes, so many characters with their own storylines and it's rare that storylines run multiple episodes so we shall see what happens. :wink:

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yeah I thought Sheldon was actually quite tame in his annoyance with the parental thing, maybe another sign he has changed a bit? Because I could easily have imagined Season 1-3 Sheldon would have gone a bit apeshit. 

Season 1-3's Sheldon would have simply declined. 

13 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Thank you so much, @April. You made some great points about Sheldon's behavior that calmed my heart again. :)

I know he was having a bad day but when he is rude to Amy my worst fear , that is that she cant handle with his behavior in some situations, takes me, cant help myself, lol. She is not perfect but she usually defends him as someone is less nice to him, as she defended Sheldon of Leonards' father words after Sheldon spoke about he and Amy took two years for holding hands. I am still hopefull that Sheldon one day cant do something similar to Amy, you know.

Next episodes surely, for the tr we have read , that will bring us good things about Sheldon and Amy. Poor things, it is enough of stress and more stressful situations. :wink:

Haha, you're welcome. I think that is really the big advantage of being spoiled: You already know what's to come a few episodes in advance! I'd be more worried about this if it were followed by a string of episodes with Sheldon being terrible to Amy but since there isn't I don't think the car scene is meant to be anything serious. It happens in real life that you sometimes lash out at people when you have a grumpy day, so why not in fiction, you know?

And as said 10x04 is on the horizon and speaks much louder as to where the journey is going! :icon_wink:

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You are so right about this motherly transference. It could be easy for the writers to have this crop up again especially if they do end up living together permanently and spend more time together. I can't say anything about writing outcomes as I don't know what they have planned but from a character standpoint Amy is a strong willed and highly intelligent character so I am sure she will avoid it and develop her own ways. She has shown she can sort Sheldon out in the past without having to mother him so to speak.

I agree. I mean I have no doubt that there will be moments that kinda sorta look like "mothering" because Sheldon has the tendency to put his foot in his mouth and someone has to kick his ass if necessary. But Amy has her silly childish sides as well -like the whole giddiness she sometimes has about their relationship that occasionally boarders on naivete. And in a way she has her own issues with needing to grow up a bit just like Sheldon does.

I think the way she's ready to quit after one sleepless night (albeit probably brought on by sheer exhaustion, poor thing) and Sheldon being the one who talks her back into continuing this experiment is a sign of that. He's the more mature here in that he understands what a big step it is and they need to see this through with the strong implication that otherwise this won't ever work. And Amy having never had the experience of living with a room mate yet alone her boyfriend needs to learn how to stand her ground and not run away at the first sign of problems.

A rare but another glimpse into the Sheldon and Leonard bromance? If you are a Troll fan like I know we both are there is nothing wrong with that lol.

I usually only ship canon ships and I have a particularly soft spot for the slow burning ones like Shamy. Lenny are cute as well. But if I had to pick something non-canon I'd go with Shelnard and Pamy all the way! The PALS make such a perfect shipping foursome for me. (Only Shenny and Lamy aren't doing it for me but I enjoy their awkward friendships.) Also fun fact: so far we had those four kissing each other in some way (real or dream) in every constellation - except for Shelnard. So can we have that, show? For completeness sake? Maybe Amy can have a weird dream this time? LOL

So yeah, I'm so digging the Shelnard in this and the upcoming 10x03! <3

Anyway, I digress...

Having joined the forum later than most (around Season 9) this is probably the most excited I have ever been for an upcoming TR, so yes I will probably end up being disappointed lol and it will be something very different. Only 24 episodes, so many characters with their own storylines and it's rare that storylines run multiple episodes so we shall see what happens. :wink:

Experience shows we get the best stuff whenever we keep our expectations pretty low. Like, for 10x04 I was expecting that the things Molaro said would happen will happen: It's an experiment with the LAs and Sheldon is aware of what a big step it is. So far so good. I did not expect Shamy to get their own little love nest for 5 weeks with 4B! LOL

• Like 6

17 hours ago, jenafan said:

I thought Amy looked extremely beautiful in her purple dress.

Wasn't that the same dress as she tried on, at the end of The Isolation Permutation?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Wasn't that the same dress as she tried on, at the end of The Isolation Permutation?

def not.  This was lace. 

• Like 2

Holy crap, lost track of time didn't think today was taping day!

Got to keep expectations low if they go with a time jump. Ideally I would like to see another episode with them experimenting and like April said perhaps maybe if they want to do a time jump it could still cover perhaps the end part of the experiment. My gut tells me that if they want to use these episodes as a way to gauge the reaction from the audience to making it something more permanent then only one episode covering the experiment surely won't be enough?

If the episode starts with Sheldon and Lenny back in 4A don't panic yet, it's not the end of the world as long as we see within the next few episodes some kind of 'Oh shit I miss Amy' and vice versa Amy missing Sheldon. If we don't get that then the rage should rightly come.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Nothing to do!!!! Sorry Stephen,  L.O.L.!!!!

Edited by Susana Alcira
  • Like 1

More Shamy living together in episode 5!!!! Seems they are going to give us what we want and explore the ups and downs of Shamy cohabiting. Looking forward to what comes next!

• Like 5

So...Sheldon realised that he is a 'sexual creature'? LOL! Wonder how long they manage to keep coitus off the table! :rofl:

And I love the last scene! Two Shamy hugs in five episodes, wow, we cannot complain. :wink:

Thank you @Lady in Red for the great report!

Edited by Radar
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Sounds to me that sheldon is finding his desires for Amy are also physical, and that seems to scare him because he thinks hell turn out like his father. 

I love how they showed Sheldon finding the other women penny pointed out as unsuitable. Amy is the only vixen this new sexual creature has eyes for! 

Also, is it possible that the bathroom schedule was also so Sheldon would avoid seeing Amy naked and have to confront his new desire? So him forgoing it in the end is his way of coming to terms with the fact that he does desire her? 

We may get our horny Sheldon wish after all!

Agree!

And I love that Amy is the one dragging it out! She doesn't want to provide him with another excuse like: "We only 'did it' because Amy wanted it." No, she wants him to realize and ackknowledge that he has desires for her. No more excuses, no more denying it: She wants him to initiate it the next time! And I don't think she will have to wait much longer.:wink:

• Like 8

Initially I was not a huge fan, with the talk of maybe I should date other women line....yuk :( . I also don't love too much P & S chatting and going for ice cream , maybe I'm just tired or need a hug !! 

BUT I've chatted and now think that yes, he's scared he's going to be like his Dad ..... 

LOVE we get the admission that sexual Sheldon has been awakened :) 

The" Amy Farrah fowler , will you share a toothbursh holder with me " followed by the hug , I'm so excited for , I mean awwwww

Next up - maybe a bed scene ?!!!! 

Can someone remind me , what was said about the up coming Jewish holiday, is it one Mayim can work through ? ....maybe pre tape ? Especially if a bed scene ?!!!!!! 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Sounds to me that sheldon is finding his desires for Amy are also physical, and that seems to scare him because he thinks hell turn out like his father. 

I love how they showed Sheldon finding the other women penny pointed out as unsuitable. Amy is the only vixen this new sexual creature has eyes for! 

Also, is it possible that the bathroom schedule was also so Sheldon would avoid seeing Amy naked and have to confront his new desire? So him forgoing it in the end is his way of coming to terms with the fact that he does desire her? 

We may get our horny Sheldon wish after all!

I wouldn't be surprised if that why he wanted it that way. I was just coming here to post: Riiiiight, Sheldon....as if you wouldn't look Amy's body up and down if the tables were turned? 

• Like 1

Well....that's an interesting development, LOL!!! I like very much that the experiment is continuing,  that Shamy are still adjusting to the new living arrangements, I like even that they fight over bathroom schedule or hair on the soap, it's so "domestic". I loved that at the end they compromise and decide to share the toothbrush folder, it's very "shamy"-romantic, it means that basically they are engaged...you can say what you want, but I bet Sheldon cares more of his toothbrush folder than of the family ring he will use for the actual proposal! Good move for Lenny to change the locks in 4A...kick him out if he ever returns back guys!!!

As @Soopysue, at the beginning I had mixed feelings towards the "sexual" awakening and the dating other women stuff, but as I understand it (of course I think this time more than ever it's necessary to see the episode to judge...), Sheldon was just trying t o prepare Amy for him to be a jerk like his father. The story behind his compulsive knocking is so moving and telling of what a nightmare his parents' marriage would have been, he is just afraid to end up like them. Anyway, we all know where this is going guys...

• Like 5

Good morning everyone!! Just read the two TRs for 10x05 from @Lady in Red and @nerdforestgirl. I was a bit confused after the first one, but the second cleared up some of the characters motivations.

Without further ado, Shamy thoughts:

- YAY we're still in the experiment phase! Idk how many weeks we're in but it sounds like this is something a bit earlier into the experiment so there's a chance we might even get a 3rd episode then about the results?? Fingers crossed!

- As said the other say, I'm sure they'll fight about some silly nonsense and so they did. LOL And it's Sheldon's bathroom schedule, the one thing Leonard and Penny have been complaining about for ages and they couldn't make him stop. And now it's like what, 2 weeks with Amy? and he's putting it to rest. Amazing.

- Amy ogles Sheldon when he comes out of the shower. *looks at gifs from Amy's fanfic* I can't blame her. Get yourself some eye candy, Amy! LOL

- Sheldon wants to be more appreciated for his mind? Amy probably would if your mind weren't occupied with the question of when she's allowed to pee, dude! Just saying!

- I love that Amy stands her ground. Go Amy!!

- Anyway, the part that threw me off in the TR was Sheldon declaring he wants to date other women and then he leaves with Penny to hit on some random girls!?? WTF?!? It probably didn't help it was so early in the morning when I read it. But then I read the other TR and it all became a bit more clear. So apparently his and Amy's bickering reminds him of his parents and he's thinking (fearing?) that he'll become just like his dad who he once caught cheating on his mother and all this dating other women talk is to prepare Amy for the worst, in a way. Man, this is kinda heartbreaking for me. I've read that kind of stuff in fanfics before but I'm pretty sure it wasn't canon until now.

- On the upside, all's well that ends well. Sheldon is giving up his bathroom schedule and even shares his toothbrush holder with her. And they hug!! Awwwww!!! <3

Overall, sounds like a good follow up to 10x04! Now I'm eagerly looking forward to what 10x06 will bring. :D

• Like 7

a couple thoughts on the spoilers:

1) i really like this reversal the writers are toying with of amy being the one to hold off. she's been anticipating all these huge milestones (coitus, cohabitation,etc.) with sheldon for years, but when the time comes, she's a little apprehensive. i love how sheldon is the one that is really trying to get things moving. also i think sexual sheldon is going to be a recurring theme now. amy you better be ready, it's gonna get crazy ;)

2) although i wish the ice cream conversation had happened with amy instead of penny (i really think personal personal stuff like that should be discussed with your SO but anyways), i love sheldon voicing his fears about turning into his dad since he feels sexually awakened. sheldon's obvious anger towards his father has been apparent for the whole series and i'm so happy that we finally are learning some of sheldon's fears that really really explain a lot about him. i cant wait to see Jim execute those lines. He's my favorite in the whole world and I know he's going to portray that vulnerable and scared side of sheldon perfectly.

Also I love that we found out why Sheldon triple knocks (even though it's for a bad reason). It's one of my favorite gags and maybe he had the confession about knocking with penny because the thrice knocks started as him and penny's thing.

overall, i'm just happy to see the writers explore a more vulnerable yet lustful side to sheldon and i can't wait to see that cute hug at the end! Jim and Mayim will knock it out of the park!!! 

PS: so if amy is eyeing sheldon "like a piece of meat", does that mean that sheldon lets amy see him naked when he gets out of the shower? thoughts? 

• Like 1