The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

@brilliantfool

Eh, column A column B.

Your first point I agree with entirely-- that's beyond huge for Sheldon. The second, not so much. Only because later in the episode, he THEN says he doesn't find any other girls attractive, he only said that out of anger/his dad. I still think of him as demisexual (because him seeing another girl as pretty doesn't mean he's sexually attracted to them), that's just my head-canon though (and I will admit it makes him relatable to me).

(quoted @shamyyellow post by accident, sorry!)

Edited by ShamyBabboos
oops quoted wrong post
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

Well, the reason I think we won't is because Bernie was pregnant in February, so she would technically be 9/10 months pregnant by Halloween. The only way we will be getting a holiday-themed episode is if they fast-forward to September/October by our November/December, Bernie gives birth, and we have a Christmas/New Years episode before Winter hiatus.

To make this Shamy related, I do think this increases the chances that Sheldon won't last until Amy's next birthday because that will also have to be skipped to support the timeline of Bernie's pregnancy. If they can't dedicate an episode to her birthday in December, I guess it's just gonna have to come sooner... pun intended. 

Bernie's pregnancy was far enough on in February for her to be seeing the doctor. We weren't told how far, but the baby could be due weeks before Hallowe'en.  They could dress the pram up as something spooky. Surely the ptb won't let the birth overshadow Amy's birthday ? Or will they ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Bernie's pregnancy was far enough on in February for her to be seeing the doctor. We weren't told how far, but the baby could be due weeks before Hallowe'en.  They could dress the pram up as something spooky. Surely the ptb won't let the birth overshadow Amy's birthday ? Or will they ?

I don't think they have a choice.

The episode they taped last night is scheduled to air on 10/17 with the next scheduled to air on 10/27. Unless 10.6 jumps to the end of Bernie's pregnancy, it won't be Halloween in TBBT time by 10/27 our time and since we're definitely going to see her have the baby, they will be stuck in October and before until she does. That eliminates a Thanksgiving episode, Amy's birthday, Christimas, and New Years. She could definitely have the baby before the episodes set to air in December, but we'll have to see. I see no signs of that yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jenafan said:

Kudos to Amy for calling out Sheldon's nonsense and not feeling threatened by it.  By bringing up the once a year issue, she is basically telling him the tension he is feeling is his fault.  He set the original parameters, and she is just abiding by their agreement.  Sheldon is beginning to cave, and I can't help but want Amy to say Touche.  All those years, he teased her for her growing desire for him.  By Amy taking coitus off the table, he is getting a taste of his own medicine.

While I don't think this was Amy's intention, the results are proving to be working in their favor.  They are getting the foreplay all right.  The climax is sure to happen sooner than later.

Agree so much with you about Sheldon got a taste of his own medicine about sex. It has happened in several other situations that he said he would never do or feel something. That's the right way of he be aware of certain things and for himself he analyses and decides what to do or not to do about something that bothers or pleases him.

What I am really enjoying in all this LA situation is Amy is not forcing in any way Sheldon to realize some things. In past she used a few times  her "bag of psichology treaks" to lead Sheldon to do something and now they are in a maturity level that they live things and try to handle with the issues as everybody else, with the right as possible level of logic and emotion. As a shamy fan, I am very proud of them and even not see the whole thing on screen! :)

The climax is surely to happen soon or later and what I know is that we all , viewers, are going to break the second record on TV history!

Go Sheldon and Amy, you can do it! :kissing:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

How about Amy comes into the apartment and finds Sheldon naked only wearing a big red bow between his legs tight around his hips? 

Oh dear lord I can see it now. The puns... oh dear god the puns...

"All I want for Christmas is youuuuur genitals"...

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, April said:

From what I understood how this plays out is that he's just saying he's noticing other women but when Penny tests him by pointing out pretty girls he doesn't really react like you'd expect any hot-blooded hetero dude. She sees through his nonsense and then he confesses the whole story with his dad.

Both of our spoiler hounds said independently that he wasn't actually shown to find any of the girls attractive but instead dismissed them with flimsy reasons (just like that Vanessa girl from 9x08). He only wants Amy. So I think demi still works for anyone who wants a label.

But most importantly I think is that the writers just think of him as a complicated character with a lot of baggage - so personally I'll refrain from slapping any labels on him as long as they do.

This is also why this just works for me: This reveal is deeply rooted in past canon and character development. Technically there isn't even that much new about it - it's only connecting a few dots that have already been there for a long time.

On one hand we already knew Sheldon came from a broken home. We already knew about his parents fighting. We already knew his alcoholic dad was cheating. We already knew all of this messed him up. We already knew that Sheldon has the tendency to imitate what his parents would do cause that's all he knew about relationships.

On the other hand we already knew that the moment Amy entered his life and their relationship grew closer Sheldon's past talks about being above love/romance/sex/etc. were more of an attempt to disengage his feelings on those matters but he lost each and every one of those battles. And we already knew that she got his motors running like nobody else because he started to enjoy physical intimacy of all sorts, most notably the train kiss brought on by an angry rant that backfired on him. We already knew he finds her so pretty it caused him a panic attack.

So what the writers did was to put these things in a blender and make a nice shipper smoothie for us.

And I especially agree that it makes for a great explanation as to why nothing really happened during the 6 months or so since Amy's birthday. My working theory had been that since he's a stickler for agreements it just makes whatever urges he may be struggling with simply an exercise in self control. It probably helped that Amy's flirting wasn't particularly forceful or anything - some easy to misunderstand slang and a compliment, maybe a few subtle winks, but otherwise? She wasn't exactly nagging him for sex every week. It probably makes it easier to push certain thoughts aside. This episode now really just adds a nuance of explaining why exactly he'd want to stick to that specific agreement and the fear of what might happen if he doesn't.

All in all it fits really really well and I hope the writers continue down that path and give us the great payoff they seem to be teasing here.

I completely agree @April , your posts make me smile so much - happy me ! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Judith said:

I do think though that this new development with his father etc. points to him suppressing his urges after 9.11. If you think about it, everything fits. And it makes sense that the writers would come up with something like this to explain all the months in between where they didn't have sex again and to finally answer the question of "How the HELL are they going to explain this away?". Because they really did drag this out more than they should have (into another season) and this development sounds suspiciously convenient, if you know what I mean.

I wonder if we will get some of  Amy s background, as her relationship  with her mother seemed also that she was sexually repressed about some intimate stuff, especially about the importance of a girl be virgin and not eager for having sex. Althoug Amy is more open to physical touch than Sheldon, she doesnt open up much for talk about her isues as she gets upset about something. We saw that as she prefered a time to think about her relationship with Sheldon instead of having right there a serious conversation with him about what was bohering her in their relationship. When Sheldon pressed her to say why ( even he did that in worst way ever), she kind of run and ended the relationship. He offended her but she could have said what was upseting her and in that time her choice was avoiding a serious talk. It is great as they after the breaking up are geting brave for face their problems and find answers for them.

Amy is a secondary character , probably we wont get much about her background but it d be very interisting  to know that because she may be strungling with desire for Sheldon as well ( must be, lol!)and she has been waiting for the once a year because she could be afraid of Sheldon thought less of her, like she was  behaving like she was like a nypho or something alike.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

I wonder if Amy wears these old grandma style nightgowns now. I hope no. Ok something too sexy is not her but something in the middle would be nice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShamyBabboos said:

Or even just get dressed/undressed in front of him because "Sheldon, you've seen me naked before. Even before we had coitus. Its nothing you haven't seen before." 

Or it just her proximity? Do you think they've caught each other in compromising situations already? I.E falling towels, walking around the bedroom naked because they think they're alone?

i wonder if Sheldon had to help her zip up a dress and the sight of her back got him frazzled...

This is what's keeping me up when I should go to bed. (AKA Rachel refuses to sleep because Shamy)

Will you write something about that proximity? PLease do :wub:

Amy's proximity and Sheldon's awaken force, the perfect reagents for our lovely couple to make a very exothermic reaction! Amy' s rear is the catalyst! :wink:

Writers, you have started this, you have to keep this going!! :icon_twisted:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

I guess it will be a mix of everything: the proximity of Amy and that they spent day and night together.

But it will not only be hard for Sheldon, but for Amy as well, because she we know that she desires him as much as he does desire her, so we will see how long they will be able to resist each other. One passionate fight might ignite the fire inside them, like it did when Sheldon kissed Amy for the first time. They both are passionate persons, Amy showed it when she kissed Sheldon after he gave her the tiara. And do you remember when she was thinking about Sheldon riding bare chest on a horse, while the wind blows through his long hair? She suddenly rushed into the bath to grab Gerard, to..... well you know how it ended. :icon_wink:

Speaking of Gerard, I wonder if she still posseses it and maybe uses it, because living with this sexy, crazy, intelligent, big scientist is certainly not easy for her.

So who knows, maybe she spents some time in the bathroom with Gerard, while Sheldon wonders how long she needs to brush her teeth. LOL

Or imagine he finds out about Gerard. :icon_twisted:

I already see them having a discussion like this:

Amy: Sheldon have you seen my toothbrush?

Sheldon: You mean Gerard?

Amy blushes.

Amy: How do you know?

Sheldon: I saw you two!! Through the keyhole!! You will never see this toothbrush again, I made certain of it!

It´s never going to touch you again!

Amy: Sheldon it ´s just a toothbrush.

Sheldon: You will have others. But I will keep it locked away from you. You will get one when we brush our teeth together.

Amy: Oh really?! Well, then I keep this away from you as well. (Points at her body and walks towards the dormitory)

Sheldon stands up furious and watches her leaving. That is the point when he has his meltdown and tears his shirt into pieces, like Hulk does when he gets angry and chases her bare chest snorting with rage. When he enters the dormitory he throws the door shut behind him. 

The last thing before the scene changes is Amy saying angry: "Sheldon, what do you want?" And then in a softer voice she moans: "Oh Lee!" 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 3