[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

I would imagine they could pre-tape some stuff though that requires not only some flexibility on the actor/s part but also some of the crew. If the experiment ends say next episode and they go back to the status quo for a while then I guess they could reduce some of Amy's screen time for a bit. Maybe a return to heavy skype stuff?

Like April said I am sure they will make it work somehow.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

I would imagine they could pre-tape some stuff though that requires not only some flexibility on the actor/s part but also some of the crew. If the experiment ends say next episode and they go back to the status quo for a while then I guess they could reduce some of Amy's screen time for a bit. Maybe a return to heavy skype stuff?

Like April said I am sure they will make it work somehow.

Yeah, I think if they want to let Mayim off the hook for one of the holidays it would be rather 10x07 or 10x08. It would be easier to tape/pre-tape a scene for the other episode because they're taped on two consecutive weeks. And after the cohabitation experiment ends it would be a good time for a break. Amy could easily be busy sorting out her apartment or working on her new science project or whatever, explaining her reduced screen time.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, April said:

In addition to what @mirs1 said:

3 tapings in a row conflicting with holidays (with both Mondays and Tuesdays having work restrictions) really makes it hard to plan around this. Amy has to be in every episode and even if we're going with the idea of her just being in one tiny scene for three episodes they have to be filmed at some point. However, the schedule is too tight to switch around taping order much. I initially thought they'd have a taping at 10/4 and 10/11 which would have made it possible to switch 10x06 and 10x07. But there is no taping on 10/11 but instead on 10/18, another holiday.

So I guess what it boils down to is that Mayim is just out of luck this year. It's happened in the past and it surely won't be the last time. In a recent Kveller article she talks about planning around her work hours so I guess she'll make it work somehow.

This will explain why last season Amy made a cameo appearance with no lines when she was dating and Sheldon caught them saying goodbye. 

It just comes down to bad luck I suppose. They might just film her scenes pre-taped on the days she can work right? or skype her scenes in one of the three next episodes. 

She might have work restrictions - but I am not familar with jewish holidays and when they are allowed to work.

Edited by wonder63
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

This will explain why last season Amy made a cameo appearance with no lines when she was dating and Sheldon caught them saying goodbye. 

It just comes down to bad luck I suppose. They might just film her scenes pre-taped on the days she can work right? or skype her scenes in one of the three next episodes.

Yeah, last season they switched the tapings for episodes 6 and 7 which no doubt helped to accommodate Mayim (IIRC she still was at the taping for Spock but didn't actually have to work since her scene was pre-taped). The breakup storyline really helped here cause the separation from Sheldon allowed Amy to go off and do her own thing for a bit, not to mention that they had enough time in their taping schedule to do the episode switcheroo.

By comparison, this year it's kind of the opposite: Shamy are in the middle of a storyline that has them being closer than ever and the schedule doesn't have that much wiggle room. It'll be interesting to see how they solve this or if they even try to. Despite our worries they might just treat this week like business as usual. We'll find out soon enough!

27 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

She might have work restrictions - but I am not familar with jewish holidays and when they are allowed to work.

Just to clarify: The next three tapings will coincide with Jewish holidays that have work restrictions - both on Mondays when the show usually pre-tapes and on Tuesday when they tape in front of the live audience. In the past the writers sometimes manage to accommodate Mayim here but not always. Hence the worry over whether or not Amy will have a smaller or bigger role and what that would mean for the current Shamy storyline.

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

Well I guess they could also use this mice study they have been talking about as another plotline to explain why Amy isn't around as much over these next few episodes. I think a lot of us were wondering if the experiment could be a way to lead to perhaps this sexual tension between them finally exploding and I guess that could still happen, the experiment/study could run for a while. You could have Amy working in her lab in the early stages of the study and Sheldon ends up visiting her at work a few episodes later and the sexy science talk drives them over the edge.

The bold: the "needy baby greedy baby" in me hopes that'll happen as soon as 10x06. :icon_wink:

But in general: Oh god, yes! I mean, no matter if the experiment ends with a big bang or not there's surely a ton of possible comedy the writers to squeeze out of Shamy navigating every day situations after they've gotten so much closer. Sexy science talk should totally be their thing. LOL

Edited by April
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

On top of all that, it's the beginning of sweeps and this next episode that's being taped is the first one that moves to Thursday.  

It's stated in all of their contracts that they have to be in at least one scene every episode.  

Even Amy would be only in one scene in the next tapping, it doesnt mean that it wont be a very important scene for shamy storyline.

I believe that Writers wont ruin anything about the all possibles scenarios with LA, even it migh be a hiatus of one or two episodes for the Mayim circunstance of working with restrictions in these holidays.  They surely know that they have started something remarkable for shamy and wont dissapoint us. Even we have to wait one or two weeks for the shamy big bang 2.0. Or something alike,. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Guys Mayim has written a piece for Kveller which she has just shared through her FB page stating she doesn't get to adjust work etc for her Jewish holidays. So I think we don't need to be worried about it. 

I'm excited for this weeks taping !!!! 

However hubbie & me are just about to head off for a week away to the Scottish highlands , so probs no internet for me eeeeek, I'm hoping to get wifi somewhere and hop on to see any news after the taping ! ......fingers crossed !! But have a fab time chatting about it all, I'll catch up once I'm home ! 

Go team Shamy !!!!! X

Have a great trip!! :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, April said:

In addition to what @mirs1 said:

3 tapings in a row conflicting with holidays (with both Mondays and Tuesdays having work restrictions) really makes it hard to plan around this. Amy has to be in every episode and even if we're going with the idea of her just being in one tiny scene for three episodes they have to be filmed at some point. However, the schedule is too tight to switch around taping order much. I initially thought they'd have a taping at 10/4 and 10/11 which would have made it possible to switch 10x06 and 10x07. But there is no taping on 10/11 but instead on 10/18, another holiday.

So I guess what it boils down to is that Mayim is just out of luck this year. It's happened in the past and it surely won't be the last time. In a recent Kveller article she talks about planning around her work hours so I guess she'll make it work somehow.

Might explain why her latest post on Kveller had to do with her struggles as a working mom, with acting having no "sick days". 

23 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Guys Mayim has written a piece for Kveller which she has just shared through her FB page stating she doesn't get to adjust work etc for her Jewish holidays. So I think we don't need to be worried about it. 

However hubbie & me are just about to head off for a week away to the Scottish highlands , so probs no internet for me eeeeek, I'm hoping to get wifi somewhere and hop on to see any news after the taping ! ......fingers crossed !! But have a fab time chatting about it all, I'll catch up once I'm home ! 

Go team Shamy !!!!! X

So lucky, have a fun week! Very jealous of you!

I'm wondering if the lack of direction either way with the idea of seasons beyond 10 keep the writers guessing as to how many episodes to write involving the experiment, and whether to make the LA permanent or not. Kinda in a limbo situation until that is resolved, because there are so many stories to tell and resolve if this turns out to be the last season (I'm hoping it isn't of course).

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Go team Shamy !!!!! X

Have a great time :)

• Like 2

Soopysue..have a great time. Hubby and me travelled around Scotland a few years ago including the Highlands..absolutely stunning!!

About Shamy....I  haven't felt this excited about an upcoming taping in ages and although I'm trying to keep my expectations low I seem to be failing!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Soopysue said:

Go team Shamy !!!!! X

Have a great trip!

I've been to Edinburgh a few times but never the Highlands (I live in Lancashire so it's not that far to Scotland). Hope the weather is nice and you both have a great time! 

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Soopysue said:

This made me very hopefull about shamy La storyline development for next episodes. 

Well I am always hopeful for shamy story, no matter if the episode is centered around them or not. It makes part of shamy fans essence, I guess. :)

It is October, guys! Oh the next tbbt weeks will be so awsome! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6