[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

49 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If the holidays make work life awkward for Mayim, why don't they also make work life awkward for Simon and Melissa?

Because they are, well, Simon and/or Melissa?  :scratchhead:

shen_016.gif

Hey Shamies! The Big Bang Theory Season 9 is on UK Netflix now, just released today!! So excited to watch it whenever I want now :D

Edited by Tensor
removed instructions for finding copyright protected material
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

alyssaemily, providing links or instructions for finding links, in open forum,  that violate our copyright policy is against our rules.  

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!! That won't happen again, forgive me I'm not too familiar with the rules just yet. Thank you for informing me!

49 minutes ago, alyssaemily said:

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!! That won't happen again, forgive me I'm not too familiar with the rules just yet. Thank you for informing me!

Don't worry about it.  You can find our rules, updates, and Ship Zone rules in this thread.

• Like 2

On 30.9.2016 at 10:40 AM, kbp said:

the big question do you think shamy will  keep living with each other after the experiment

I' m uncertain about that still. That's why I'm waiting for the episode to air. But with an unpredictable Sheldon who throws all his schedules and the comfort of his home away to live with Amy, everything is possible. I know he has been working on his anxiety level in the past, but I'm sure that this whole experiment will be challenging in many ways, causing anxiety and it will be interesting to see the outcome and how he manages it. It would be cute to see Sheldon struggling with their proximity because he desires her and that he has to train his bladder and intestine to be more flexible. Lol 

I want to see all kinds of face and body contorted maneuvers, when he has to struggle with new, uncomfortable situations,  which worries Amy, but he assures her that he is fine, because he wants the experiment to work and doesn't want to worry her. So he even keeps calm if she whistles french melodies happily  or if she plays her harp after 10 p.m. Or if she laughs  aloud with the girls in the kitchen while he tries to watch The Walking Dead,  while his face twitches angrily. It could be so funny. 

• Like 7

You know, we are all focusing so much (and rightfully so, since the show is also focusing on that) on Sheldon's difficulties to get used to the new accommodations and how he is doing everything he can to make it work. But I think that also Amy's difficulties are as big, maybe even bigger than his own. Amy has wanted to live with Sheldon since at least S. 6, it's like her dreams finally came true. And, as it has always happened to her, she is realizing that her expectations are likely to be disappointed. She has always lived by herself and her first experience in cohabitation is with a very...let's say...peculiar guy, who has a very rigid routine. In fact, she was about to give up twice. I think her prospective on the situation is as interesting as Sheldon's one, and that, as it happened when she had doubts about her relationship with Sheldon and decided to break up with him,  this bath of reality is what she need. I'm sure she will accommodate in the new situation, she just needs time.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

54 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

You know, we are all focusing so much (and rightfully so, since the show is also focusing on that) on Sheldon's difficulties to get used to the new accommodations and how he is doing everything he can to make it work. But I think that also Amy's difficulties are as big, maybe even bigger than his own. Amy has wanted to live with Sheldon since at least S. 6, it's like her dreams finally came true. And, as it has always happened to her, she is realizing that her expectations are likely to be disappointed. She has always lived by herself and her first experience in cohabitation is with a very...let's say...peculiar guy, who has a very rigid routine. In fact, she was about to give up twice. I think her prospective on the situation is as interesting as Sheldon's one, and that, as it happened when she had doubts about her relationship with Sheldon and decided to break up with him,  this bath of reality is what she need. I'm sure she will accommodate in the new situation, she just needs time.

Oh  I'm sure it will be difficult for Amy as well because she has never lived with a man, and Sheldon will be a special challenge. I can't wait to see Amy's quirky habits. I remember that she once told Leonard that she doesn't need much sleeping so she stays awake the night like an opossum. I would like her to spent the night sitting on the couch,  looking afar thinking about a solution for a problem she has at work or because she has read a Book and has to think about it, when Sheldon comes into the room because he's missing her warm body. I'm sure we will get to hear more lines like "Please pass the butter!" as long as they  are happy together and talk about their issues afterwards and find a way to handle it. 

And I would like her to ask Howard to invent something that stops Sheldon from turning around like the hands of a clock. 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5

Yeah, I really like that they're showing us Amy's difficulties as well. And like you said, @mirs1, the biggest issue is that she has these fantasies about their relationship but when confronted with the reality of it all it's another story entirely. It's like a dose of cold water for her. And we've seen that frequently before when they take a big step forward: Sheldon is suddenly all in and Amy is the one who's a bit anxious - up to the point of wanting to bail.

Which is also why I really like her getting all that support recently, from the parents during the re-do episodes, and in the upcoming episode about her being the cool girl, not to mention Leonard urging her to make a stand. Sheldon needs a partner in this relationship who's just as headstrong as he is. In the past Amy has had moments in which she managed to be exactly that but there were also moments when she was too soft on him. Now with those episodes recently the writers seem to have the goal in mind for Amy to be more confident and figure out how to handle him. And I think together with Sheldon being more willing to compromise this will ultimately give the relationship the balance it needs.

• Like 8

On 9/29/2016 at 10:46 PM, Judith said:

Love the girls making breakfast in 4a

Did you notice that, Amy touched the food with her bare hands?

I'm presuming Sheldon still ate it?

If so, it's a huge change from his reaction to Penny touching his food, in The Panty Piñata Polarization.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Did you notice that, Amy touched the food with her bare hands?

I'm presuming Sheldon still ate it?

If so, it's a huge change from his reaction to Penny touching his food, in The Panty Piñata Polarization.

1) It's been almost 8 years full of character development since PPP.

2) It's Amy. Sheldon never freaked out about germs or anything with regards to her.

3) It's 2 years since First Pitch in which we get to see that food sharing between them is apparently a thing now.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, April said:

2) It's Amy. Sheldon never freaked out about germs or anything with regards to her.

3) It's 2 years since First Pitch in which we get to see that food sharing between them is apparently a thing now.

Its been almost 8 years of litle steps that made a quirky couple to become first  friends and then a couple , who became confortable emotionally enough to get physycal too. A journey that has so many miles yet to run and it is so great as Sheldon and Amy face dificult challenges to get happy together and they do it as something for not fail.

Agree about Amy s fears about taking their relationship foward, even most of those steps were what she most wanted. I also hope we can see Sheldon facing worst Amy quirks  for a few more episodes ,as she has being facing his ,and be at end confortable enough for making the la as something  definitive.

I believe that the la exprience will have a end as any experience  and they study the results of it, as the experimental method aplied in Science field, it would be very ic for both. And maybe after a few nights sleeping each one in their place, Sheldon wont take any longer without Amy warmth on bed, which is better than a fluffy blanket, and he go to Amy place at middle of the night. 

What happened next? Maybe a fan fiction writer can entertain us until we can see the whole scene on screen :wink:

Eight days until episode 4 airs, whoo! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, April said:

Well, it's only been three years since The Decoupling Fluctuation, where he still wouldn't share his food/beverage with her, but I guess once you've shared bodily fluids, all bets are off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Well, it's only been three years since The Decoupling Fluctuation, where he still wouldn't share his food/beverage with her, but I guess once you've shared bodily fluids, all bets are off.

It's already 4 years since then, Stephen. And yeah, no surprise that sharing food became a thing after kissing became a thing. LOL

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Its been almost 8 years of litle steps that made a quirky couple to become first  friends and then a couple , who became confortable emotionally enough to get physycal too. A journey that has so many miles yet to run and it is so great as Sheldon and Amy face dificult challenges to get happy together and they do it as something for not fail.

Agree about Amy s fears about taking their relationship foward, even most of those steps were what she most wanted. I also hope we can see Sheldon facing worst Amy quirks  for a few more episodes ,as she has being facing his ,and be at end confortable enough for making the la as something  definitive.

I believe that the la exprience will have a end as any experience  and they study the results of it, as the experimental method aplied in Science field, it would be very ic for both. And maybe after a few nights sleeping each one in their place, Sheldon wont take any longer without Amy warmth on bed, which is better than a fluffy blanket, and he go to Amy place at middle of the night. 

What happened next? Maybe a fan fiction writer can entertain us until we can see the whole scene on screen :wink:

Eight days until episode 4 airs, whoo! :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh there's a scene turning around in my mind about Sheldon who can't sleep so he calls Amy. But as Amy is tired, she is not amused about his late call and therefore grumpy and they have the following conversation. 

Amy(sleepy) : Hello? 

Sheldon : I can't sleep. Could you come over? 

Amy looks at her Alarm clock. 

Amy: Sheldon it is past midnight and I'm tired.

Sheldon : No problem. 

Then the line is dead and Amy stares at the phone in her hand puzzled. But then she shrugs and lays back to continue sleeping. After a while she wakes up again, because Sheldon is knocking on her door. She sighs and walks to the door. Sheldon looks at her surprised and asks her why she is not dressed yet and that they have to hurry to get the next bus and waves with a bus pant in front of her face with her name on it. The he raises his shirt, showing her that he has the same bus pants labelled with his name. (I always wanted them to wear couple gowns) 

Sheldon :Couple bus pants. Nice,  huh? (wiggles with his eyebrows) 

Amy is not the least impressed nor touched because it is almost 1a.m. And all she can think of is sleeping so she Replies  sober:

Amy: And what if I don't want to come with you? 

Sheldon raises his other arm and helds up a transparent Bahn with his pyjama and his sponge bag and smiles. 

Or you see both of them sitting in the bus with their bus pants, while Amy yells at a man who sits near them : "What are you looking at?!  Have you never seen a couple wearing couple bus pants?" 

• Like 1

Exciting times here !!! Our holiday house has some internet service !!! Woohoooo :) providing it says saying I have service ( I have 1 bar on my phone !) I'll hopefully be around after the taping - hoping for news !!!! Eeeeek please let it be something adorablably adorkable for our cute couple !! 

BTW - highlands fab, calm and sunny with blue skies - although high winds to come tomorrow ( hope it doesn't knock out my internet !!) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

Oh I'm sure it will be difficult for Amy as well because she has never lived with a man

I don't think she's ever lived with anyone, apart from her mother.

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

I remember that she once told Leonard that she doesn't need much sleeping so she stays awake the night like an possum

That statement isn't supported by The Decoupling Fluctuation, or The Opening Night Excitation.

6 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Exciting times here !!! Our holiday house has some internet service !!! Woohoooo :) providing it says saying I have service ( I have 1 bar on my phone !) I'll hopefully be around after the taping - hoping for news !!!! Eeeeek please let it be something adorablably adorkable for our cute couple !! 

BTW - highlands fab, calm and sunny with blue skies - although high winds to come tomorrow ( hope it doesn't knock out my internet !!) 

I hope so too Soopysue! I hope that we will see a shirtless Sheldon this season or at least an explanation why Sheldon has gained so many muscles. I can imagine him saying to Amy something like: "Well I had to vent my sexual tension somewhere,  so I went to the gym." This could be an explanation for his muscles. :wub:

BTW I envy you that you can walk around the Highlands,  walking on Claire's and Jamie's steps! Have a wonderful time!

• Like 4