The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

20 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sure, Sheldon would look amazing in some tight jeans, boots, a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat. :wub:

ce50ab0188bd0dbbe7e7d522bb8758fd.jpg

Edited by Carm6773
  • Like 3

Nice summary April! :icon_biggrin:

Yeah some really nice moments between them in Season 4 and you see the evolution of Amy pretty quickly especially when the girls invited her to her first slumber party. I don't know if that was the plan by the writers from the outset but she was probably more robotic than early season Sheldon at first lol, perhaps they came to the conclusion to tone it down/tweak it a bit or that was part of the plan to get Amy out of her shell through interactions and experiences especially with the girls.

Enjoy Season 5! I said I was going to re-watch but I watched Seasons 1-9 fairly recently being a latecomer to the show so they are still pretty fresh in my mind. I have been re-watching Shamy scenes on tumblr though, they are all on there. :cool:

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

ce50ab0188bd0dbbe7e7d522bb8758fd.jpg

I was thinking about that scene, when I was portraying Sheldon in my mind. Thanks for the gif Carm6773! But the pants have to be more tight and instead of his superhero t-shirts he should wear a plaid shirt. And the bootlegs could be a little bit longer. The stetson does fit him, he has the perfect head for it. To sum it up,  I liked his outfit.

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I was thinking about that scene, when I was portraying Sheldon in my mind. Thanks for the gif Carm6773! But the pants have to be more tight and instead of his superhero t-shirts he should wear a plaid shirt. And the bootlegs could be a little bit longer. The stetson does fit him, he has the perfect head for it. To sum it up,  I liked his outfit.

I agree.  We have a player here for the Tampa Bay Rays, Kevin Kiermaier (otherwise known as my baseball boyfriend), whose nickname is Outlaw.  Here's a pic in a plaid shirt.  You're welcome.

1776d9d8fe0e7a1001d0c7b7c6065933.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

I agree.  We have a player here for the Tampa Bay Rays, Kevin Kiermaier (otherwise known as my baseball boyfriend), whose nickname is Outlaw.  Here's a pic in a plaid shirt.  You're welcome.

1776d9d8fe0e7a1001d0c7b7c6065933.jpg

That´s what I was talking about! BTW this one and those pants would look good on Sheldon. JMO

I like his smile, he´s attractive.

10 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sure, Sheldon would look amazing in some tight jeans, boots, a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat. :wub: 

He was part way there, in this scene.

10 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

especially when the girls invited her to her first slumber party.

IIRC, she pretty much invited herself. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, April said:

I imagine Penny arguing he should pick something small like a cute bracelet or necklace but no, he insist it has to be the effing tiara!

It did need to be the tiara.

Anything less impressive, wouldn't have had the same impact, when she wore it in subsequent episodes.

• Like 1

The tiara scene was genius, whoever came up with the idea deserves major kudos. It allowed them to use it in other scenarios and it's somewhat iconic, fans will always remember from the moment she was given it and her reaction to receiving it to the hopeful moment when she walks down the aisle wearing it at her wedding. The tiara is one of the main reasons why I really want a proper traditional style wedding for Shamy with Amy feeling like a princess.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy's Tiara even features in TBBT Monopoly game.

It's one of the player pieces? Cool

16 minutes ago, Érika Souza said:

I really enjoy it! Please go on!

Thanks, I will! :D

Only 4 seasons to go until S10!!

TBBTyay.gif

• Like 7

Yeah it's funny when Sheldon comes out with stuff like that.

Reminds me of that scene in an episode when he is having his hair styled by Penny, Sheldon sees it and says he could be in a scientific boy-band. Amy comes in saying something like what did you do to Penny and she doesn't want other girls seeing him like sex on a stick and Sheldon says she's right I'm too hot.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

Yeah it's funny when Sheldon comes out with stuff like that.

Reminds me of that scene in an episode when he is having his hair styled by Penny, Sheldon sees it and says he could be in a scientific boy-band. Amy comes in saying something like what did you do to Penny and she doesn't want other girls seeing him like sex on a stick and Sheldon says she's right I'm too hot.

When his hair grows out a bit: "I can't help it, I feel like a teen heartthrob!" LOL

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

The tiara scene was genius, whoever came up with the idea deserves major kudos. It allowed them to use it in other scenarios and it's somewhat iconic, fans will always remember from the moment she was given it and her reaction to receiving it to the hopeful moment when she walks down the aisle wearing it at her wedding. The tiara is one of the main reasons why I really want a proper traditional style wedding for Shamy with Amy feeling like a princess.

I love that tiara, I agree that was the perfect gift Sheldon could have come up with; the whole idea was genius and it has become a symbol for Shamy. I admit one of my worst case scenarios during their break up was Amy returning the tiara to Sheldon, had she done that, I would had given up all my hopes for their reconciliation...

BTW, it's been a while since we haven't seen the tiara, if I remember correctly last time was in  Season 7, when the girls decided to go to a tea-room.I agree that Amy has to wear her tiara at their wedding, but in the meantime, maybe it suits her maid of honour dress at Lenny's redo. It's time for Amy to take that tiara out of her jewelry box! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

BTW, it's been a while since we haven't seen the tiara, if I remember correctly last time was in  Season 7, when the girls decided to go to a tea-room.I agree that Amy has to wear her tiara at their wedding, but in the meantime, maybe it suits her maid of honour dress at Lenny's redo. It's time for Amy to take that tiara out of her jewelry box! 

YESSSSS, I'm also hoping to see it again for the wedding redo at the beginning of S10! <3

• Like 3

April - thank you, it's like I'm watching the seasons with you !!! 

I can remember all the scenes you describe and it makes my Shamy heart swell :) 

On a side note.....thoughts on how ep 1 will go in season 10 anyone ?? 

Obviously sone sort of Lenny redo.

Im hoping a bit more with Mary and Alfred and the guys realising they'd be stepbrothers haha !!

but our cute couple ?? I'd like some slow dancing !! , maybe with Lenny away for a night in a hotel to celebrate , Amy takes Sheldon home, in for a cup of tea...leads to a make out session on the sofa ( I keep visualising Amy pressed into the corner - with a very keen Sheldon leaning into / onto her .....and someone " walking in " on them, cue a flustered Sheldon ) cut to morning in kitchen in PJ's or pillow talk ????......wishful thinking ?!!

If you think about it the last 3 eps of season 9 hadn't much Shamy, we must be due more !! :) 

Oh is the hiatus over yet ?? 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Soopysue said:

April - thank you, it's like I'm watching the seasons with you !!! 

I can remember all the scenes you describe and it makes my Shamy heart swell :) 

On a side note.....thoughts on how ep 1 will go in season 10 anyone ?? 

Obviously sone sort of Lenny redo.

Im hoping a bit more with Mary and Alfred and the guys realising they'd be stepbrothers haha !!

but our cute couple ?? I'd like some slow dancing !! , maybe with Lenny away for a night in a hotel to celebrate , Amy takes Sheldon home, in for a cup of tea...leads to a make out session on the sofa ( I keep visualising Amy pressed into the corner - with a very keen Sheldon leaning into / onto her .....and someone " walking in " on them, cue a flustered Sheldon ) cut to morning in kitchen in PJ's or pillow talk ????......wishful thinking ?!!

If you think about it the last 3 eps of season 9 hadn't much Shamy, we must be due more !! :) 

Oh is the hiatus over yet ?? 

I'm expecting a quiet couple of first Season 10 episodes for Shamy, though perhaps some nice moments between them at the re-do (writers please don't use that Sheldon play with phone gag you used in the last episode). Amy may play a bigger role if there is a spectacular blow up over a possible Alfred/Mary hookup perhaps as some kind of mediator.

I am confident we will get some major progress on the Shamy front this season, perhaps not early but it will happen.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

And we don´t have to forget the plot about Howardette baby. May be SHAMY will have a nice part in  it.

Maybe, I guess it comes down to the writers and how much they want it to dominate the season. I would be happy to see a fairly heavy Howardette baby storyline arc that influences other story-lines around it as it could provide some interesting scenarios and discussions. My money would be on Raj being the one most influenced by that ongoing storyline but there could be some interesting interactions and side effects with Shamy.

What if Amy gets a little broody? She's probably at the age where she is considering having children at some point. Sometimes having a close friend having children can put your life into perspective either creating a longing for a child or may even have the opposite effect and put someone off. Impending motherhood for Bernadette could create some interesting conversations between Shamy for sure.

Sheldon can be an ass we all know it, but he does have a caring side as well that does show up big time when it's really needed. I am going to be interested to see how the Howardette baby storyline plays out and how Sheldon reacts to it.

Excitement is building for Season 10 for sure, not long now til we get to hear some rumors about story-lines and actual tapings! 

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

At the moment I'm not excited about the new season, idk why, usually by now in the past I am going crazy with anticipation, maybe its because shamy finished the season in a pretty good place and plus I've been busy but not long to go now :)