Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

34 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So no real Lenny in the finalie? Prob a good thing, after this season. I have severe doubts the writing well improove in Season 11 too. 

Actually this was a one plot episode and everyone was part of the main plot, so I'm not sure having a Lenny sub plot would have made sense.  Penny did have a lot to do in the plot, she was trying to help Amy, trying to keep Ramona away from Sheldon and even sat Sheldon down and explained things to him.  Leonard was less involved and again put down by Sheldon with him hinting he was flirting with Ramona and then Amy, but that is no surprise anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Well, trying to find something good for Lenny in the last episode.../

Yes, I’ve also tried to find something funny for Lenny. After a second time watching the episode, Penny and Leonard have made me lol at this special scene. 

misc_00341.gif.5225f606d524bc53f65e29f4208744fc.gif

Hurry up, Leonard! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

Oh, actual still-life with food. What more could we say about our contemporary couple? :scratchhead:

n_00372.gif.b31a9f92be0470aa8e01e129e05b2de2.gif

Thank you.

• Like 5

To quote a quote that I both hate and love "It is what it is" . So, pretty much whatever it is, I'm in, looking for the best but not surprised by the worst loving our Lenny in sickness and in health, for better or for worse til the fat lady sings.

Penny-Wedding-Dress-Big-Bang-Theory.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, bfm said:

*I'm commenting without reading previous comments so forgive me if I refer to things that were already said, I'll read them later*

Finally we see them talking and resolving an issue!!! Is it really that hard TPTB?! I didn't like Leonard implying the idea was stupid but they needed a source of conflict that would postpone their talk, otherwise they would have talked it through that night and we wouldn't get the consulting scenes. Also, Leonard not picking the right words is not new (e.g., saying the truth about the odds of succeding in acting but in the wrong way at the wrong time, thus coming across unsupportive). He got it at the moment he said it and really beat himself up over it, in front of Penny too (saying he doesn't shine at the talking to me was conveying the message "I'm sorry, I was very wrong and I didn't mean it") so I forgive him and Penny seemed to forgive him too. I didn't like that he kind of said it again by not responding to what Zack's fiancé said, he could have said it was not stupid, just unconventional or has potential for problems... That brings me to one of my main disappointements of the episode: They didn't use a take when Lenny hug/kiss after his joke!!! We know they shot these options. Actually I had a feeling they might drop this. In the final cut I think it was clear that Penny is laughing (trying to prevent it but not fully succeeding), so his use of humor to cheer her up did work. However, I think it would have come across as much more supportive (from him) if they hugged or kissed, thus showing he is sad for her. Can't let Lenny come across too good (which isn't THAT good by the writers' parameters), right TPTB?

Another thing that I liked is that even though everybody went on about how insecure Leonard was, it turned out that they too thought it was problematic. Howard and Bernie wouldn't do what he eventually did, they would forbid their partner from taking the job, and Raj only said he should let her because she would leave him anyway (Didn't he say that he was jealous of their happy relationship just a few episodes ago?) and because he thought that was a better way to manage Penny. However, Leonard didn't want to control Penny, he was bothered by the potential of her leaving him. He also put her happiness above his eventually, even though it was hard for him (due to his personal weaknesses). Like in "The Comic-Con Conundrum" this episode showed that Lenny care and consider each others feelings a lot. This is perhaps their greatest strength but, ironically, it sometimes causes them difficulties. When they have to make decisions that will make one of them uncomfortable they really struggle because it makes the other almost as much as uncomfortable. In this episode they talked it through, which made it very different than other episodes. This episode showed that they CAN communicate. We even saw Penny initiating a calm talk where she manages to remain calm and doesn't get mad and blows it up, some maturation there! But are we suppose to believe that every time they fought in previous episodes they resolved it this way and everything is okey dokey? I don't buy it, for them to have so many recurrent fights there must be an underlying source of stress, not necessarily from their relationship. It could be Penny's unhappiness with her job, it could be something else or a mix of things. Unfortunately, the writers refuse to go there and just keep the continous fighting unjustified. Also, they kept Penny in her current job. My other main dissappointment.

Some additional Lenny cuteness: Penny remembering and wanting to remember the project title :) She is trying!; they were cute at the bar, in-sync team Hoftadter :); Penny wearing the heart locket twice! 

I am answering  your post without reading the ones that came after it, so I am too excusing myself if I go over things that have already been discussed. Indeed this was a good episode for Lenny, and it does show, indeed, that they can be written well, even if they are not written as they were before. I, however don't have too much hope for the future. In reading Molaro's latest interviews, he doesn't even seem to think there is a problem with Lenny, so I doubt very much that he will make any attempt at fixing them.

I would like to see Lenny against the world and to paraphrase you "team Hofstadter in sync", instead of them being snarky to each other. I believe that if the writers decided to put any kind of effort into writing Lenny, the whole show would benefit from it. I know they can do it, since they did it in the beginning all the way up to, IMO, most of S7. What is happening now is, I think,  a matter of attitude more than anything else. That and the fact that Bill Prady is 100 times the show runner that Molaro can ever hope to be.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I am answering  your post without reading the ones that came after it, so I am too excusing myself if I go over things that have already been discussed. Indeed this was a good episode for Lenny, and it does show, indeed, that they can be written well, even if they are not written as they were before. I, however don't have too much hope for the future. In reading Molaro's latest interviews, he doesn't even seem to think there is a problem with Lenny, so I doubt very much that he will make any attempt at fixing them.

I would like to see Lenny against the world and to paraphrase you "team Hofstadter in sync", instead of them being snarky to each other. I believe that if the writers decided to put any kind of effort into writing Lenny, the whole show would benefit from it. I know they can do it, since they did it in the beginning all the way up to, IMO, most of S7. What is happening now is, I think,  a matter of attitude more than anything else. That and the fact that Bill Prady is 100 times the show runner that Molaro can ever hope to be.

I agree. My post was written way before Molaro's interview. His interview makes me believe they will keep having them fight randomly and be fine occassionally with no justifications. It is a shame that his perception of them is so superficial and at odds with the depth that some of us are able to percieve, which is probably due to considering their whole history and the feelings that J&K convey. I would advise him to watch his own show. It feels like the writers currently believe the words of their own character, the socially-emotionally challenged golden boy of course, instead of what was actually shown. Interestingly, Molaro was the show runner in season 6, which many of us think is the best. The scene in 4B in "The Tangible Affection Proof" is one of my all times favorite and presents a much deeper perception of Lenny and respects the characters. Perhaps since he was just starting at the time Prady was still dominant then.

Sometimes I wish TPTB would read comments here. People here have some great insights and ideas that they could benefit from. Anyway, to finish positively, I think the plus side of them not caring is that they don't care much about taking Lenny to the edge either. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Keep-calm-and-love-lenny.jpg.07b7420978f067274e7098da424f4325.jpg

Now I wish I could have 2 avatars :icon_cheesygrin:

BTW, I think J&K do as ordered, we are so lucky to have the couple played by actors who care about this relationship.

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, 5Mississippis said:

The only real giggle I got in the episode last night was Zack's 'Sharpie Mole'. But Leonard and Penny, for me, while not a whole lot of laughs, were adorable and were totally the Lenny I missed horribly this season. 

Two 'Thumbs Up' for Lenny.

gesture-772977__340.jpg

I know I'm late to the party, but this photo just is PERFECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Last night I was mindlessly on YouTube looking at different stuff and somehow got on a page with videos about how to tell if a girl likes you, which baffled me since I was looking at aircraft videos.  Anyway I opened a couple in curiosity, it is interesting that there similar items in each video and when look back to the first two seasons, Penny displayed every one of those signals to Leonard.  One that really stood out is that the videos said if a girl likes you she will find a way to touch you, Penny was always touching Leonard.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SRAM said:

Last night I was mindlessly on YouTube looking at different stuff and somehow got on a page with videos about how to tell if a girl likes you, which baffled me since I was looking at aircraft videos.  Anyway I opened a couple in curiosity, it is interesting that there similar items in each video and when look back to the first two seasons, Penny displayed every one of those signals to Leonard.  One that really stood out is that the videos said if a girl likes you she will find a way to touch you, Penny was always touching Leonard.

...yes, also serious hugging.

o_00297.gif.f5d4d8652f4b4e8585441982fea35eb6.gif

Their faces confirm your thoughts, I guess...:shy:

• Like 4

Our lives are made up of the good, the bad and sometimes even the ugly. I've done things and behaved in ways I'm not always proud of.  For all of us and in this case for Lenny the whole is greater than sum of its parts. It's good to focus on the positive as well as the negative.

HEART.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, luminous said:

lennykiss1011v1.gif.9fb6d14ecadff9df113a635c46bb55e5.gif

I love this one! One of my favorite S10 moments! A lot of touching and closeness there, yet so natural. I don't think any of the other couples have kisses like that (this is not to degarde the others but to emphasize J&K's great acting nad chemistry in parts like this).

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

I love this one! One of my favourite S10 moments! A lot of touching and closeness there, yet so natural. I don't think any of the other couples have kisses like that (this is not to degarde the others but to emphasize J&K's great acting and chemistry in parts like this).

Completely agree with you that is probably my favourite scene for them in S10, and your right about the kissing when Leonard & Penny do it, it always comes across more naturally and realistic.

• Like 3

On 13.5.2017 at 1:02 PM, bfm said:

I recently watched the pilot and noticed how physically close Penny was passing by Leonard when they entered the apartment.

A great moment :shy:

lennypilot01.gif.6e9c1455a244935fecf8fdce350d2ef5.gif

• Like 7

A great moment :shy:

lennypilot01.gif.6e9c1455a244935fecf8fdce350d2ef5.gif

Thanks for the gif! Speaking of looking to touch...She is inches away for him there.

• Like 5

I updated a little graphics experiment that I made in November last year. Maybe some of you remember.

I added Leonard to the picture. :icon_wink:

Penny waiting for her husband to return from work. She has a sexy surprise for him. Leonard opens the door. "Honey, I'm home...what?" :icon_cheesygrin:

lenny44488820170514.jpg.421c2da8983e8ffe9a9e1881eab360d8.jpg

• Like 6

I updated a little graphics experiment that I made in November last year. Maybe some of you remember.

I added Leonard to the picture. :icon_wink:

Penny waiting for her husband to return from work. She has a sexy surprise for him. Leonard opens the door. "Honey, I'm home...what?" :icon_cheesygrin:

lenny44488820170514.jpg.421c2da8983e8ffe9a9e1881eab360d8.jpg

Really nice pic, Martin as usual !!!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bfm said:

I love this one! One of my favorite S10 moments! A lot of touching and closeness there, yet so natural. I don't think any of the other couples have kisses like that (this is not to degarde the others but to emphasize J&K's great acting nad chemistry in parts like this).

Totally agree this is one of my favorite scenes in season 10. It is true their special bond always makes their love scenes natural

21 hours ago, SRAM said:

Have thought about this before.  Always felt that J&K gestures were more  natural and instinctive than directed. Some examples I thought of: Season 7 "The Thanksgiving Decoupling" when Penny clutches Leonards arm when they have a makeup kiss, Season 8 "The First Pitch Insufficiency"  when P&L are walking down the stairs they are holding hands but she also grabs his arm as well, Season 8 "Clean Room Infiltration" at Amy's Victorian Christmas party when Sheldon is opening the gift from Amy you see P&L in the background and she is clutching his arm, Season 9 "Meemaw Materialization" when Sheldon comes into the apt and P&L are standing at the doorway and she is holding his arm.   I am sure there are plenty more but these are the ones that stood out for me.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

My fav moments of Lenny from S10. Hope okay to post here. My memory of Lenny S10 in gif and image form :icon_cheesygrin:.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRQgBPVaJCnX6DkgL1-Wv

lendance7.gif

the-fetal-kick-catalyst.jpg

tumblr_og44ilB59p1u6dlwwo1_500.gif

3f483fd668cae61ce60fd0d422416ef3.jpg&key

lennykiss1011v1.gif

db2561ca844d3b446494c080bf14537d.jpgIMG_7944-1024x768.jpg

Penny-and-Leonard.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

110142_1337b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5bZByejOFM3r5wknsz43

n_00406.gif

imdone.gif

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

To quote a quote that I both hate and love "It is what it is" . So, pretty much whatever it is, I'm in, looking for the best but not surprised by the worst loving our Lenny in sickness and in health, for better or for worse til the fat lady sings.

Penny-Wedding-Dress-Big-Bang-Theory.jpg

The only thing I going to say about this photo is dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn!!!!! They just look so perfect together. I'd just wish the writers would give them their due and invest a little care in writing them. For Pete's sake there is so much on screen chemistry between them that TPTB's job is already half done for them. If we really think about it even when the material hasn't been the best both J & K (obviously playing Leonard and Penny) have elevated it making it at least palatable. Can you imagine the heights they could reach if given half decent scripts? Well.... I can dream, can't I? 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Re-reading posts now that the season is over. This prediction came true!

What prediction? 

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

What prediction? 

I'm not sure why your post didn't show up. It was in regards to Penny signing autographs at a convention.