Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

5,999 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay it seems we need something to talk about so how about we discuss some things

What sort of job do you think they could give Penny?

Where do you think Leonard and Penny should go on trips too?

What sort of shared hobbies could they do?

My answers to the questions

She could sell houses

I think most of us would like to see them go to see her parents

This is a tough one because it would have to be something they could show on the show, so as weird as it sounds maybe she finally gets him to do yoga and he ends up liking it.

Edited by Zephon75
Added my own answers
Carlos, Mario D., Desdemona and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

1. I've always thought Penny could be a great social worker. 

3. I think they would both love travelling. Kind of an expensive hobby but definitely one I think they would both enjoy very much. Not something that would really work on the show, though (sets and all).

Edited by Tensor
Removed negative comment about another ship

Posted

They both like playing Chess haha. 

I think Penny becoming a social worker would be great. She is really good with people. She could study it. And see her visiting people and helping them out. Leonard could go back to school to study to become a Science Teacher or something. They could be some new plots the showrunners could sink their teeth into. 

Love them to go to Nebraska next season. Say they bring Pennys family back. 

Posted

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Penny becoming a social worker would be great. She is really good with people. She could study it. And see her visiting people and helping them out.

Exactly. I think if she felt her job truly made a (positive) difference in someone's life, it'd fulfill her in a way her previous jobs sure haven't.

Posted

2 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I still want her to succeed in something with acting, so I'd like for her to get a recurring part in a TV show because someone in the business actually liked her in Serial Apeist.  However if TPTB refuse to look at acting again, I think Penny's sales experience and sense of style could get her into sales of high fashion.  I would be nice to see Penny all decked out in clothes and shoes she was selling to retailers.  Plus she would probably get to travel and take Leonard with her.

Like everyone else, I would like to see Lenny go to Nebraska, the road trip alone would be funny with those two.  I would also like to  see another weekend Road trip by the gang to a spa or something, like maybe as a surprise to the girls for valentines, but Raj would have to have a girl too.  Now that they are either married or doing it, it would be funny to see them playing musical beds again with maybe a few mistakes.

Camping and Hiking, they both liked the idea of going to a cabin in the woods and Leonard has said before that Penny likes camping.  I could just picture Penny in a flannel shirt, tied just above her toned tummy, short hip hugging denim shorts and hiking boots.  For the ladies, Leonard could wear shorts too with a tight t-shirt.  I could just picture Penny holding up Leonard, from their first long hike, while they trudge up the stairs to the apartment.

Posted

3 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Okay it seems we need something to talk about so how about we discuss some things

My answers to the questions

She could sell houses

I think most of us would like to see them go to see her parents

This is a tough one because it would have to be something they could show on the show, so as weird as it sounds maybe she finally gets him to do yoga and he ends up liking it.

How about if her pharmaceutical company creates a position as a spokesperson in commercials, infomercials, etc.  This way she could combine her sales experience with her acting background.

Agree with some others a trip to see her parents in Nebraska is long overdue.  Or possibly a trip to New jersey, maybe for Leonard's high school reunion

Think hiking and camping may be a good episode

Posted

I could also picture a group thing where Leonard and Penny convince the gang to go camping with them, in tents.  Sheldon would be complaining about everything, Amy would be trying to calm him, Howard and Bernadette would be fighting, if Raj brought a girl, they would keep disappearing into the woods and Lenny would regret they ever came up with idea.  

joyceraye, Lagernisse and veejay like this

Posted

44 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

How about if her pharmaceutical company creates a position as a spokesperson in commercials, infomercials, etc.  This way she could combine her sales experience with her acting background.

Agree with some others a trip to see her parents in Nebraska is long overdue.  Or possibly a trip to New jersey, maybe for Leonard's high school reunion

The representative of her pharmaceutical company in advertising based on her sales experience and her acting background could be serious and amusing too.

I definitely would like to see a trip to Nebraska. Wyatt and Penny forcing Leonard to tip a cow on its side would be a hysterical enrichment. Also Penny's liking of horseback riding would come to mind. :icon_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I could also picture a group thing where Leonard and Penny convince the gang to go camping with them, in tents.  Sheldon would be complaining about everything, Amy would be trying to calm him, Howard and Bernadette would be fighting, if Raj brought a girl, they would keep disappearing into the woods and Lenny would regret they ever came up with idea.  

I'll appreciate that idea without any regret. LOL

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, No Regrets said:

1. I've always thought Penny could be a great social worker. 

3. I think they would both love travelling. Kind of an expensive hobby but definitely one I think they would both enjoy very much. Not something that would really work on the show, though (sets and all).

I love all your answers 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment, about a removed comment

Posted

A trip to Nebraska would be great, but I would like to see Leonard also being appreciated and not only ridiculed there. Maybe he will have trouble at first but then come up with some brilliant sollutions, improving the function of the farm.

Also, I think they should Cosplay! They both like waring costumes, we have seen that in "The Valentino Submergence" and "The Holiday Summation". Maybe they will keep it a secret from their friends, that would be funny!

Posted

Tensor, where in my post did I comment on another ship? I only mentioned Sheldon and the fact that I don't want him anywhere near Leonard and Penny if they take a trip somewhere. The problem of inserting Sheldon into Lenny moments is something I think we've all mentioned over the past few months. Where is the issue?

5Mississippis and Carlos like this

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, bfm said:

A trip to Nebraska would be great, but I would like to see Leonard also being appreciated and not only ridiculed there. Maybe he will have trouble at first but then come up with some brilliant sollutions, improving the function of the farm.

Also, I think they should Cosplay! They both like waring costumes, we have seen that in "The Valentino Submergence" and "The Holiday Summation". Maybe they will keep it a secret from their friends, that would be funny!

The Cosplay Evasion. :icon_cheesygrin:. I love that idea. Reference Justice League. Penny goes as Wonder Woman. Leonard goes as the Green Lantern. Howard is in Lenny's room or something. And finds the costume. And the group want to know whats going on. Knowing Lenny are pretty kinky in the bedroom. They come clean, Fine we like to Cosplay okay they say timidly..

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye, Lagernisse and Desdemona like this

Posted

19 hours ago, SRAM said:

I still want her to succeed in something with acting, so I'd like for her to get a recurring part in a TV show because someone in the business actually liked her in Serial Apeist.  However if TPTB refuse to look at acting again, I think Penny's sales experience and sense of style could get her into sales of high fashion.  I would be nice to see Penny all decked out in clothes and shoes she was selling to retailers.  Plus she would probably get to travel and take Leonard with her.

I really like this idea, her getting a small recurring role whilst it isn't the dream she imagined it still makes her happy doing what she left Nebraska to accomplish.Plus she could earn enough money from that they can one day buy there first house, maybe she gets nominated for best supporting actress and wins, while it won't be the oscar she dreamed of winning it will still feel like one to her.

veejay, Desdemona, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Posted

9 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Tensor, where in my post did I comment on another ship? I only mentioned Sheldon and the fact that I don't want him anywhere near Leonard and Penny if they take a trip somewhere. The problem of inserting Sheldon into Lenny moments is something I think we've all mentioned over the past few months. Where is the issue?

Yes, exactly. That's why I loved your original post so much, because if they travel away from Sheldon, they will not have interruptions as they did in both weddings or when Leonard was going to the North Sea and Sheldon interrupted the "I love you" in Penny's car at the airport. Not to mention that we haven't even seen a proper honeymoon. IMO your comment was nothing even close to derogatory to another ship but it was actually pro Lenny.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

9 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Basically it comes from the early days of the ship zones.  They were created to allow people to talk about their ship, without fear of negative comments by those who were not members of a ship. Discussion had to be about the ship.   As a result of that, we banned any type of derogatory  comments or opinions about other ships or characters in other ships, since there couldn't be a rebuttal of those comments. Basically, comments about other ships or characters was limited to their peripheral contributions to the threads ship.  

For example, it would be permissible to say it was great how Lenny worked through the guy Sheldon moved into 4A, with more discussion about Lenny. 

Not, Lenny worked through the jerk Sheldon Breaking into 4A, and moving the homeless guy into their apartment

Basically, if a comment, about another ship or character, can be reasonably seen as being rebuttable, it shouldn't be there.

Posted

On 5/16/2017 at 6:27 AM, No Regrets said:

I've always thought Penny could be a great social worker

I think that's an interesting idea but she'd have to be in school a long time to do that. My oldest daughter is a social worker and she had to get a bachelors in pyschology and then get a master's in social work to get a job. It might be interesting to see how Leonard would react to her going back to school, but  I don't know how much they could do with that.  I definitely don't want to see him (or Bernie or Amy) rewriting her papers again.

Posted

29 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think that's an interesting idea but she'd have to be in school a long time to do that. My oldest daughter is a social worker and she had to get a bachelors in pyschology and then get a master's in social work to get a job. It might be interesting to see how Leonard would react to her going back to school, but  I don't know how much they could do with that.  I definitely don't want to see him (or Bernie or Amy) rewriting her papers again.

Well they did that in S6. But per usual the show dropped it ( I know this is the Light Lenny thread lol). Its not real life though. Seeing it is all fictional. Not a stretch to suggest Penny could voluneteer as a Social Worker. And maybe by end of series, or season depends where they place it on the timeline. Penny get's a Bachelors in whatever degree she needs to become a social worker. I am presuming Acting is off the table. Which is funny it is a huge premise of her character. But show always made it clear it was a pipedream at best. 

Mario D. likes this

Posted

6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That depends on the counrty. Here social workers only need a B.A so 3 years. I don't know how it goes in the US. 

Relating somewhat to @3ku11, I think she can work for some non profit (different from volunteering, you can work for money in a non profit) and use her skills for good causes. She is good a convicing, she could raise donations.

joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

This afternoon, Marc * and I watched a BBC programme called Money for Nothing. I didn't listen to most of it and I s'pose that I just watched it because Marc wanted to watch it. But I thought I'd mention it because something reminded me of Penny and Leonard. I heard someone say Kitchen island.

* My friend.

Posted (edited)

On 2017-5-21 at 1:02 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

My mind worked the same way. Penny did very well bringing the other girls out, especially Amy, so I thought some sort of role in social work might appeal but I couldn't think what she could do without a degree that wouldn't take five years training. Do they have social welfare assistants who accompany social workers or teachers on trips etc to help socially awkward or troubled young people find their feet ? She's been good at handling Sheldon as a sister or a nanny. When she tried to teach him she did it all too well.

What if she hired a hall and gave evening classes to help people use drama techniques to overcome shyness, appear confident at job interviews, instruct learners at work without boring them, sell goods, have a good time at parties, get asked out for a second date and so on ? She could publish a course manual to go with them and become a best-seller. Stuart could illustrate it and end up making money too.

Several of us have suggested she get involved in commercials or become the face of the pharmaceutical firm but if the writers do read the posts on the forum they haven't bitten that idea.

Edited by joyceraye
bfm likes this

Posted

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

My mind worked the same way. Penny did very well bringing the other girls out, especially Amy, so I thought some sort of role in social work might appeal but I couldn't think what she could do without a degree that wouldn't take five years training. Do they have social welfare assistants who accompany social workers or teachers on trips etc to help socially awkward or troubled young people find their feet ? She's been good at handling Sheldon as a sister or a nanny. When she tried to teach him she did it all too well.

What if she hired a hall and gave evening classes to help people use drama techniques to overcome shyness, appear confident at job interviews, instruct learners at work without boring them, sell goods, have a good time at parties, get asked out for a second date and so on ? She could publish a course manual to go with them and become a best-seller. Stuart could illustrate it and end up making money too.

Several of us have suggested she get involved in commercials or become the face of the pharmaceutical firm but if the writers read the posts on the forum they have bitten that idea.

I don't think the show or the writers read ideas from this forum. And besides fans can't offer ideas to them anyway. Copyright issues I think. I think Penny should get involved in commercials e.t.c. Maybe Modelling she should pursue. 

bfm, joyceraye and Mario D. like this

Posted

One idea that's been in my head for a while is that Lenny could adopt. If TPTB maybe chose an 8 year old girl for example, they could avoid the whole "can't show the baby" non-sense. Can you imagine them taking care of a super cute 8 year old, feisty little angel? 

Jonny, luminous, 3ku11 and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

On 23.5.2017 at 8:03 AM, No Regrets said:

One idea that's been in my head for a while is that Lenny could adopt. If TPTB maybe chose an 8 year old girl for example, they could avoid the whole "can't show the baby" non-sense. Can you imagine them taking care of a super cute 8 year old, feisty little angel? 

I don't think they will do it but that's a very nice idea! Lenny are many times the parents/responsible adults of the group, especially Sheldon of course. Another option is a time jump to skip the baby-toddler phase for at least them and Howardette but that is even less likely.

Edited by bfm

Posted

On 5/17/2017 at 5:33 AM, Zephon75 said:

I really like this idea, her getting a small recurring role whilst it isn't the dream she imagined it still makes her happy doing what she left Nebraska to accomplish.Plus she could earn enough money from that they can one day buy there first house, maybe she gets nominated for best supporting actress and wins, while it won't be the oscar she dreamed of winning it will still feel like one to her.

I like that, especially the part about her getting an Emmy or Golden Globe or even a People's Choice award.  She could rub it in Sheldon's face that she has a high acting award while he still hasn't got his Nobel.