[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

A valid thought.  However, from everything Kaley says, she is a huge fan of the Leonard/Penny relationship.  She has been forever hoping for their marriage.  There was a group interview some years back.  Someone asked about Penny's last name.  She blurtted out that she knew what her character's last name would be----"Hofstadter".  I guess what I am trying to say, is that if Kaley has any clout, I think she would push for a happily-ever-after whenever she leaves or the series ends....

Kaley about Penny (and Leonard)

kcaboutpenny01.gif

kaley_pennyhofstadter.gif

Edited by luminous
  • Like 7

Love the handholding while they kiss. I know it's just Penny's imagination, but I love it just as much as I love Leonard's daydream in 5.13.

We know Leonard is not an idiot. Now that Penny expressed her need for more romance, he'll do something about it.

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Penny like Leonard in baby blue like me and 5 Miss.!:girlinlove::girlhospital:Especially blue hospital gowns.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 7

Lennys not a fairytale, clearly lol. The have always been broken record coming up. Been realistically written. Penny's been deconstructed from the fun, free spirited girl next door. To tbh a frustrated, bored housewife. So I think it's time they address why this is. We all know Lenny are endgame. They are the premise of the show. We all know Penny loves Leonard. It's not the issue. But she clearly still has an external locus of identity. Great if they explored why Penny married Leonard. Not constantly hearing jokes from their friends about how not believable it is. I mean look at the picture above. It's clear all this angst, is well coming from a place of being worn out. But it also comes from a state of wanting. Penny wants more. And I'm sure Leonard well delever. In the future I would love if Penny showed a bit more maturity. But I don't see anything to be concerned about.  It's just typical Lenny. We should be looking at the writers, and be like yes you, raise your game.

4 hours ago, luminous said:

They are! What we see is indeed Penny's imagination, but I don't care. They are too cute to not enjoy them. :icon_biggrin:

They might be just some daydreams, but we all know that Leonard still got the Romantic Ninja inside him. :shy:

• Like 6

Tbf most of Recombination Hypothesis was Leonard's Day Dream. So maybe tptb are contrasting that. With a day dream from Penny's pov. In s5, it was Leonard embracing the fear. This time it's Penny imagining a more romantic Leonard. So it's now up to the writers and Leonard to step up.

• Like 1

Love the handholding while they kiss. I know it's just Penny's imagination, but I love it just as much as I love Leonard's daydream in 5.13.

We know Leonard is not an idiot. Now that Penny expressed her need for more romance, he'll do something about it.

If it was up to "real Leonard ", Of course he would!

But it's up to "at the whim of writers" Leonard so..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, maybe the jaded writers are just going through the history of old Lenny stories and rewriting them for a new context. We've got Season 3 Guitar story rewritten as Randall, Leonard's Recombination dream rewritten as Penny dream....what's next? At least if they have gone chronologically they've skipped rewriting Wheaton breakup so that's good!

It's is a bit of a repeating story is our Lenny tale - three relationships ( if you count the schrodinger date as one), 2 breakups ( see schrodinger), 2 weddings, 5 proposals......OMG they've hired the writers from Bold and the Beautiful!!

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

If it was up to "real Leonard ", Of course he would!

But it's up to "at the whim of writers" Leonard so..........

Hey, maybe the jaded writers are just going through the history of old Lenny stories and rewriting them for a new context. We've got Season 3 Guitar story rewritten as Randall, Leonard's Recombination dream rewritten as Penny dream....what's next? At least if they have gone chronologically they've skipped rewriting Wheaton breakup so that's good!

It's is a bit of a repeating story is our Lenny tale - three relationships ( if you count the schrodinger date as one), 2 breakups ( see schrodinger), 2 weddings, 5 proposals......OMG they've hired the writers from Bold and the Beautiful!!

So  = They have ran out of ideas, and are now going in circles Haha. That's what you call In the sitcom biz, repeated Cannon kids. Are they trying to outdo themselves? :sarcastichand:

Edited by 3ku11

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Penny like Leonard in baby blue like me and 5 Miss.!:girlinlove::girlhospital:Especially blue hospital gowns.

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-13-Photos-The-Romance-Recalibration-01.jpgHa! The blue shirt is similar to the one she wore dancing to "I feel like a woman"! (and that morning after, her little homunculus made sure she did!) 

• Like 9

I guess point is Leonard ain't chasing Penny anymore. And Penny ain't keeping Leonard at arms length. They are married now, equals. So I think the writers are struggling to adapt beyond that. So it seems like they are going back into the Lenny Playbook. And going hmmm how can we get context out of this. Lazy writing? Let them evolve writers. I'm fine with them arguing. Married couples butt heads. Especially when both parties seem burnt out. But they don't even have kids yet lol. I mean you would think seeing they are so young. They should be going through the honeymoon phase and having fun married life plots. But nope skip to the wife is feeling under appreciated trope. I guess balance and consistency is the key. Doesent help when all you see with Lenny onscreen. Is them standing behind kitchen island. Or angst these days. They need a vacation lol.

ETA: I was just curious. This whole part of the show seems to be a half way point since The Beta Test Initiaton Season 5. Now they are married its different now I Get that. But do we think the show are doing this because they are heading to some kinda milestone with Lenny. 5th year anniversary since they got back together? So all this angst, drama, has to have a payoff some how. Seems to me with what Randall which parrallels Guitar Amplification Season 3. You got Penny dreaming about Leonard being romantic. Ala Leonard dreaming about reconciling with Penny in Recombination Hyothesis. Call me crazy lol, but I have a feeling tptb are heading some where with this. Beta Test V Relationship Agreement. You know Parrallels. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

I'm sorry if the TR dejected you, I tried to keep it unbias, but I agree that this is an arc (I am hopeful for everyone it is). 

You did a super job, Kerryce03. Thank you for your TR and thanks too to Caffeine for the extra detail. Nobody would imagine anybody writing a TR would be biassed. The audience is not responsible for what the writers give them. :)  We know TRs are written according to what has been seen and heard on the stage. We get excited, sad, nervous, dejected or overjoyed according to what we read, but it's only what's been relayed from TPTB. The better the TR the more we'll react because the feelings the writers want to provoke get relayed. I hope we continue to get them throughout the series. I love them, especially when they tell us stuff that is left out of the final version.

• Like 4

Yeah I Think this is possibly a Story Arch. No different to Season 6 Penny having Doubts. Season 7 Penny is married. Season 8 Leonard and the boat kiss. Season 9 Penny is drowning in debt, suggesting not being satisfied. Now Lenny are having marrage issues. I mean they are inconsistently consistent if anything. Its a damn rollercoaster ride lol. I am hopeful this RA parrallels Beta Test. Season 5 Beta Test were some of my FAV moments from this show. The Lenny kiss with Helium stands out. Recombination Hypothesis clearly. IF the show later on in the season drops this whole thing. Then yeah status quo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-13-Photos-The-Romance-Recalibration-01.jpgHa! The blue shirt is similar to the one she wore dancing to "I feel like a woman"! (and that morning after, her little homunculus made sure she did!) 

Damn, Leonard is developing quite the gut ^^

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes! I didn't notice that. Maybe it's just a fabric draping issue, or a tucking-in malfunction......

I hope so, cause honestly, if Melissa or Kaley had a gut like that they'd never hear the end of it from the network. Don't get me wrong, ya'll know I love Johnny and I think he looks handsome no matter what, but I hate the double standards in Hollywood.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes! Ididn't notice that. Maybe it's just a fabric draping issue, or a tucking-in malfunction......

^    Wasn’t this figure from Penny's imagination?

02.gif
Here is the comparison to "reality". LOL

• Like 7

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic