[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

the problem with me is, that I take this show waaaayyy to serious, lol. Especially Lenny stole my heart, and now I don´t watch the comedy as a comedy, but judge it as a drama. I think things will turn out good, maybe not in a logical way, but I am convinced that the main factor for the writers is first to think what has the greatest comedic effect and second place what is a logical storyline.

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Well I don't think the showrunners cater to the Lenny's, or Shamy's, or any other hard core fanbase from this show anymore. I don't have any real evidence to back this up. I just feel, that post Season 4, 6 whatever. Once the show got a mass audience. They went beyond their core audience. So yeah most of the time these days, they look at what is funny opposed to a logical storyline. Which would be Penny sits down and communicates with her husband. But hey lets fit Sheldon into another scene, write up a RA. And its worked. Penny is not complaining about Leonard anymore hahaha. I wanna go dancing! I Wanna a baby and a house! I wanna climb Mt Everest. Leonard come watch Luke Cage with me! Ahhhhhh!!! LOL. Maybe shes pregnant? Would explain her mood swings. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2p said:

the problem with me is, that I take this show waaaayyy to serious, lol. Especially Lenny stole my heart, and now I don´t watch the comedy as a comedy, but judge it as a drama.

pennydramacomedy0817.gif

:icon_wink:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

pennydramacomedy0817.gif

:icon_wink:

Man I love this episode so much.

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Maybe shes pregnant? Would explain her mood swings. 

Ha, maybe. :icon_razz:

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

Reading the latest TR was actually kind of a relief for me... At the very least, I think it shows Penny is certainly not thinking about taking a break or a divorce. She is not complaining about Leonard, I won't be surprised to find out she never told him about these feelings. She is talking about buying a house and having kids with Leonard. 

Maybe, hopefully, it is like what I suggested about a week ago: the latest Lenny conflict stem from some stress not caused by their relationship in it self. It could be somewhat akin to "The Tangible Affection Proof": Penny is unclear about what she wants, keeps it to herself but acts hostile and upset. IMO it is very IC for her to keep things bottled up, we have seen this so many times. As I see it, she doesn't like showing vulnerability, she avoids revealing her feelings in order to keep this tough image, though it sometimes ends in a little "melt-down" (e.g, admitting her feelings about Leonard dating Priya).   

It could be that a part of her does want to have a baby, but her insecurities, commitment issues and longing for her youth are troubling her. Again, as in "The Tangible Affection Proof". Perhaps feeling that Leonard, who was always the one to suggest moving their relationship forward, is fine with the way things are, adds to her distress. I wish she just talked to Leonard, he could calm her down and tell her they will progress slowly, at a comfortable pace for her, like they did with the engagement... 

As for the house...can't understand her desire to move out when it's just the two of them and perhaps three, they have a spare room big enough for a baby... It could be so cute if Penny tells Leonard that she thinks they need to buy a house before having a baby and is stressing over that and then he makes a little surprise for her and clears up the room to show her it could be a used for their baby :) 

You are right, she has been always bottling up her feelings, because she doesn´t like to show them (maybe she hates to expose her feelings to someone, because she fears that they could make her vulnerable). But when her feelings are near to overwhelm her, than she explodes and these moments were always very touching. It would be nice if she would burst out and tell Leonard that she wants to have a house and a baby. Can you imagine how happy he would be if he heard that Penny is ready to have the beautiful and smart kids, he has been dreaming for since the first episode?

Leonard: Penny, what´s your problem?

Penny: You wanna know that my problem is? My problem is, that I can´t stop wishing to buy a house and have a baby.

Leonard: Really? You wanna....have kids now? Are you really sure?

Penny: Of course I´m silly. I love you. And I can´t imagine my life without you anymore. And our kids.

Leonard: Kids?! (his voice sounds really high) You wanna have more than one?

Penny: I haven´t thought about it. Don´t push me!

Leonard: Come here! (He wraps his arms around her and says "I love you so much!")

Penny: I love you too.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

You are right, she has been always bottling up her feelings, because she doesn´t like to show them (maybe she hates to expose her feelings to someone, because she fears that they could make her vulnerable). But when her feelings are near to overwhelm her, than she explodes and these moments were always very touching. It would be nice if she would burst out and tell Leonard that she wants to have a house and a baby. Can you imagine how happy he would be if he heard that Penny is ready to have the beautiful and smart kids, he has been dreaming for since the first episode?

Penny: You wanna know that my problem is? My problem is, that I can´t stop wishing to buy a house and have a baby.

Penny: Of course I´m silly. I love you. And I can´t imagine my life without you anymore. And our kids.

Leonard: Come here! (He wraps his arms around her and says "I love you so much!")

Best case scenario. :icon_cheesygrin: I think, if it's gonna happen at some point, it'll involve more drama, yeah I can see that happen.

It could be like the final proposal.
"Yes, I want to have a baby with you, you stupid pop tart!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Best case scenario. :icon_cheesygrin: I think, if it's gonna happen at some point, it'll involve more drama, yeah I can see that happen.

But please not too dramatic (no break ups or pauses)! A big final fight, which ends with them talking about their issues and willing to find a solution because the fight was a wake up call for them to work on their relationship.

28 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

It could be like the final proposal.
"Yes, I want to have a baby with you, you stupid pop tart!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be either a nice ending for them, with a little look into the future where you see them with their baby or an episode that could come up soon and lets to a couple of episodes where we see them trying before Penny finally spills the news, that she´s pregnant and Leonard´s freaking happy. :shy:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

But please not too dramatic (no break ups or pauses)! A big final fight, which ends with them talking about their issues and willing to find a solution because the fight was a wake up call for them to work on their relationship.

I'm thinking more like their first ILY or their engagement. All these fundamental episodes had them fighting. :) 

Team Hofstadter

:icon_cheesygrin:

Hll56.png

ETA: I saw some new pics of Lenny in Kitchen Island heh, for the new episode tommorro. I am not sure its an official source though, its at TBBT Wikia Page. Must be when they argue. Penny has a stern look on her face. And Leonard looks like he is about to do some grovelling. He now has pants on LOL.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

ETA: I saw some new pics of Lenny in Kitchen Island heh, for the new episode tommorro. I am not sure its an official source though, its at TBBT Wikia Page. Must be when they argue. Penny has a stern look on her face. And Leonard looks like he is about to do some grovelling. He now has pants on LOL.

These are not new. :) 

1 hour ago, FileXxX said:

Or they could simply start a fam. :icon_cheesygrin:

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-18h52m22s178.png

I would love that! Maybe have Leonard say they can start trying when she is ready "take your time", so she is silent for a moment, then smiling at him "What if my time is right now?"

But I know some people think that a baby means Lenny leaving the show...Molaro repeatedly implied it will "alter the DNA" if the show... Well, what if this alteration benefits the show? If they move past season 10 this could be a new, refreshing source of comedy. Don't want to work with babies? use dolls and have them mostly off screen LOL. I would like to see Penny as a mother, maybe surprisingly over-attached and over-protective (using her most powerfull weapon - her angry glare), contrasting with her usual "cool" demeanor making it a aource of humor :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I'm thinking more like their first ILY or their engagement. All these fundamental episodes had them fighting. :) 

In that case I say yes. :shy:

Penny's "I love you" was totally unexpected, I was as speechless as Leonard. 

She might not be romantic, but when she says something out of her heart, she always nails it and hits Leonard right in the heart.

• Like 3

As for last night's taping, I love that Bernadette keeps pointing out how much Leonard loves Penny and that he even loves her enough to marry her twice. :icon_redface: I just adore these moments when other people notice that.

1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

As for last night's taping, I love that Bernadette keeps pointing out how much Leonard loves Penny and that he even loves her enough to marry her twice. :icon_redface: I just adore these moments when other people notice that.

Aww, that's true! That was so sweet of Bernadette! I hope it helped to cheer Penny up.

• Like 1

After this taping last night it would seem perfect for Lenny to have a false pregnancy story in the next episode.  Penny late period, taking two pregnancy tests and getting one positive and one negative making them having to wait a week to see a doctor to get verification.  In that week they could go through shock, then acceptance, to finally discussing being a family and being happy, until they actually find out she is not pregnant. The tag could be them saying they are okay to each other, then when they both go to separate rooms you see they are both upset and disappointed when they both cry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SRAM said:

After this taping last night it would seem perfect for Lenny to have a false pregnancy story in the next episode.  Penny late period, taking two pregnancy tests and getting one positive and one negative making them having to wait a week to see a doctor to get verification.  In that week they could go through shock, then acceptance, to finally discussing being a family and being happy, until they actually find out she is not pregnant. The tag could be them saying they are okay to each other, then when they both go to separate rooms you see they are both upset and disappointed when they both cry.

Yeah that sounds good. I could do without the crying thing though. Why would they cry lol? Yeah I get it dissappontment with a failed pregnancy. But crying over something that never existed? Hmm.

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah that sounds good. I could do without the crying thing though. Why would they cry lol? Yeah I get it dissappontment with a failed pregnancy. But crying over something that never existed? Hmm.

I don't know if crying would be too much, maybe just holding each other, but definitely no comedy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SRAM said:

That could very well be. It would be interesting, at least for me, to have them going back and forth between wanting it to be true, and not wanting it to be true, and it would be so sweet if they are sad when it turns out to be a false positive. Leonard could even make a joke in regards to Sheldon's old room:

- Penny so now that you're pregnant, I guess I can no longer make Sheldon's old bedroom a game room/man cave/sex dungeon thingy, right?

- Nope. Nursery all the way.

-Okeyyy dokeyyyy .

I just finished watching "The Monopolar expedition" on re-runs on TBS. I loved how Lenny were to each other, and they weren't even together as a couple.

That is the Lenny I fell in love with. I wish the writers would be able to recapture that magic.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Carlos said:

That could very well be. It would be interesting, at least for me, to have them going back and forth between wanting it to be true, and not wanting it to be true, and it would be so sweet if they are sad when it turns out to be a false positive. Leonard could even make a joke in regards to Sheldon's old room:

- Penny so now that you're pregnant, I guess I can no longer make Sheldon's old bedroom a game room/man cave/sex dungeon thingy, right?

- Nope. Nursery all the way.

-Okeyyy dokeyyyy .

I just finished watching "The Monopolar expedition" on re-runs on TBS. I loved how Lenny were to each other, and they weren't even together as a couple.

That is the Lenny I fell in love with. I wish the writers would be able to recapture that magic.

Hmm yeah early days were fun. But I guess it's realistic you lose the magic over the years. Once it gets complicated with marrage and stuff.

im currently watching the Season 3 premiere. God show was so fun back then! Best opener ever. Kinda miss this TbbT. Opposed to the unorganic and fake drama. 

Going to bed happy that TBBT won at TPCA and sad about the next few episodes. I'm thinking the writers see the Lenny Troubles as normal things newly weds go through (not that I agree but I'm not ready to believe that they don't care anything for this wonderful couple they have created)and that Lenonard and Penny turn it around and there are happier times to come for them and for the Lenny's. :firstmove:

• Like 3

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic