[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

45 minutes ago, batman75 said:

Somebody also mentioned why doesn’t she talk to Leonard?

But hasn’t that always been the same behavior in the show?

It has and that's the part I find incredibly sad. Ten seasons and she still can't properly talk to the guy she's been with for years about how she feels? 

• Like 3

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Offering you guys supportive *virtual hugs* for tonight's episode, I hear it's to be rough on you guys, as a Shamy I know rough -end season 8 & season 9 - I was a stressed out mess for Shamy, I still can't re watch season 9 1-9 !!......anyway I just thought I'd remind you that after all that stresss we had huge pay off ......so although things might get bumpy just now, I'm sure what the writers are gearing up to is some shake up, good storylines and then beautiful pay off for your Lenny !!
Anyway enough from me, I know things get heated sometimes in the DT ( it scares me lol ) and couples get compared etc but I love all of tbbt and firmly believe great things are headed your way !

That's very sweet, thank you! I honestly don't know yet if I'll be able to watch this episode. I think I'm gonna read my fellow Lenny's reactions and then decide if it's bearable to watch or not. But if two Shamy fans say it's a rough one then I can imagine how I as a die hard Lenny fan will feel about it.

nope.gif

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Offering you guys supportive *virtual hugs* for tonight's episode, I hear it's to be rough on you guys, as a Shamy I know rough -end season 8 & season 9 - I was a stressed out mess for Shamy, I still can't re watch season 9 1-9 !!......anyway I just thought I'd remind you that after all that stresss we had huge pay off ......so although things might get bumpy just now, I'm sure what the writers are gearing up to is some shake up, good storylines and then beautiful pay off for your Lenny !!
Anyway enough from me, I know things get heated sometimes in the DT ( it scares me lol ) and couples get compared etc but I love all of tbbt and firmly believe great things are headed your way !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We needed that!:girlsigh:

I keep telling myself "You survived the boat kiss. You survived the boat kiss."

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

awty.gif

:shy:

• Like 7

That's very sweet, thank you! I honestly don't know yet if I'll be able to watch this episode. I think I'm gonna read my fellow Lenny's reactions and then decide if it's bearable to watch or not. But if two Shamy fans say it's a rough one then I can imagine how I as a die hard Lenny fan will feel about it.
nope.gif

Awww I know it sucks :( I really struggled with early season 9 , even now it's all sorted I'll not watch those episodes again !
Good luck, just think it's only temporary and will be even better once it's fixed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, SRAM said:

One guess on what animal I like. :icon_cheesygrin:

You like our feathered friends. :icon_cheesygrin:

birds.gif

32 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

It was already very hard to watch that one sneak peek. Rough, my friend, rough!

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, batman75 said:

I hope that in future episodes they finally come to share all these things and that it doesn’t happen off screen. As a fan of the show, I don’t really know what career would be good for Penny that goes with the show. The writers still have work to do in terms of personal and professional growth and it will be up to how long the show will go for, I guess, for them to answer that for Penny. 

After years of dealing with Sheldon, maybe she could be some kind of an unprofessiona; counsellor for researchers haha I'm sure Caltech will pay her milliones for handling Sheldon :icon_razz:

By the way: I finally got a profile picture :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

I certainly don't want TBBT to turn into a drama, but I do understand their need to fight once in a while. Even though they are a loving and married couple, at some point I think they just get fed up with each other and need some space. That doesn't mean they love each other any less, but when there's so much frustration built up over months or even years, and you feel like there's no opportunity to get rid of it, sometimes it's the best to let it all out. And that's a good thing because now they can work on these things.

And in the next episode we already see them hug and kiss again. :) 

45 minutes ago, SRAM said:

One guess on what animal I like. :icon_cheesygrin:

13 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I certainly don't want TBBT to turn into a drama, but I do understand their need to fight once in a while. Even though they are a loving and married couple, at some point I think they just get fed up with each other and need some space. That doesn't mean they love each other any less, but when there's so much frustration built up over months or even years, and you feel like there's no opportunity to get rid of it, sometimes it's the best to let it all out. And that's a good thing because now they can work on these things.

And in the next episode we already see them hug and kiss again. :) 

Obviously, Parrot was watching TBBT:patsak:Or reading recent TRs.

• Like 4

Perhaps Penny's reaction is like mine, after watching the following episode. I'm getting worried. But hey, I was always looking forward at the fun behind this weird but likeable couple. :shy:

05.gif

• Like 4

I have watched three really extended sneak previews of the upcoming episode (together about 4 minutes duration). I think I can´t share it, because it isn´t an official resource. Anyhow, I honestly don´t have a bad feeling about it. Yes I can feel the tension. And yes it hurts to watch, struggling Penny for the millionth time. But..... I like the chemistry between them, that is obviously still there. Maybe I am biased, but these two (Penny/Kaley versus Leonard/Johnny) are like a very well oiled machine (lol, sexmachine ;) ). I mean the way they communicate, and sure also fight, it feels so natural. Boy I can watch them days, weeks, months years. What I mean is even during their fight you feel their passion. I love the reaction of Leonard. Yes he stood up for himself. And I know he backed up again by going to the Spa. But I dont´know how they played that out, but it looks like to me, not only to apologize, but seeking for a solution (a mutual). Still not sure why the hell the RA has to come up. But I am more and more convinced, that the writers do this only for comedic effect. The more structural storyline, is I think the arc that is settled now for Lenny: working on their relationship-marriage. And I am pretty sure that will be positive. Maybe to move out to a bigger house or planning Penny to get pregnant. But we all know, well the people who have children, that it is important to resolve personal and relational issues first before having kids. So, I am quite positive what will come. Again, not based on logical or facts, but on what kind of vibe I get from the sneak previews.

5 hours ago, No Regrets said:

It has and that's the part I find incredibly sad. Ten seasons and she still can't properly talk to the guy she's been with for years about how she feels? 

I think that´s one of the mysteries of the shows, like the surname of Penny. I mean, we know Penny has or had commitment issues. But it isn´t really revealed why (at least to me, I never had clear what the reasons are for the commitment issues). Sure I can guess some reasons, but if they are true I don´t know. The same with her expressions of emotions. She looks like a very emotional person, but having problems to regulate and express them in a proper way. Why? I don´t know, again I can guess. For example all the male characters have social emotional problems, but in a way they have all a context. Sheldon by his father issues, probably autism and being bullied, the same for Leonard with his mother, being bullied, etc for Howard and Raj. 

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, john2p said:

I have watched three really extended sneak previews of the upcoming episode (together about 4 minutes duration). I think I can´t share it, because it isn´t an official resource. Anyhow, I honestly don´t have a bad feeling about it. Yes I can feel the tension. And yes it hurts to watch, struggling Penny for the millionth time. But..... I like the chemistry between them, that is obviously still there. Maybe I am biased, but these two (Penny/Kaley versus Leonard/Johnny) are like a very well oiled machine (lol, sexmachine ;) ). I mean they way they communicate, and sure fight it feels so natural. Boy I can watch them days, weeks, months years. What I mean is even during their fight you feel the passion. I love the reaction of Leonard. Yes he stood up for himself. And I know he backed up again by going to the Spa. But I dont´know how they played that out, but it looks like to me, not only for apologize, but seeking for a solution (a mutual). Still not sure what the hell the RA has to come up. but I am more and more convinced, that the writers do this only for comedic effect. The more structural storyline, is I think the arc that is settled now for Lenny: working on their relationship-marriage. And I am pretty sure that will be positive. Maybe to move out to a bigger house or planning Penny to get pregnant. But we all know, well the people who have children, that it is important to resolve personal and relational issues first before having kids. So, I am quite positive what will come. Again, not based on logical or facts, but on what kind of vine I get from the sneak previews.

After reading the latest TR I think they may be going for an arc that is more Penny-centered, her issues are obviuosly related to Leonard too but it may be that the latest dramatic escalations are rooted in her personal frustration. She seems confused, not sure about what she wants from life. I think one should never have kids in order to solve marriage problems, but perhaps this is the problem, if she wants kids but is afraid and conflicted by her commitment issues and insecurities (and perhaps also surprised to be the one to want to take a step forward) then making this decision together with Leonard, feeling supported and more prepared, could help. Her frustration may also be stemming from her professional life, maybe changing professions with Leonard's support and advice will be the key.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

Perhaps Penny's reaction is like mine, after watching the following episode. I'm getting worried. But hey, I was always looking forward at the fun behind this weird but likeable couple. :shy:

05.gif

That looks like an "What have I done" face. Obviously Penny thinks she's the only one putting any effort into this relationship and Leonard thinks he is. I think, in this scene, she realizes it's not entirely Leonard's fault, based on how she reacts to Leonard's reaction. This is also why the RA contains rules for Leonard and for Penny.

Oh and Kaley does a tremendous job by expressing her feelings of pain and hurts caused by the reaction of Leonard. though I loved his backbone, I almost felt the pain she felt. Man just only for that brief moment she deserves a golden globe, emmy and whatsoever. If anyone (not in this thread of course ;) ), ever suggest that Kaley can´t act, I will refer from now on to that moment. That is some class acting!

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

That looks like an "What have I done" face. Obviously Penny thinks she's the only one putting any effort into this relationship and Leonard thinks he is. I think, in this scene, she realizes it's not entirely Leonard's fault, based on how she reacts to Leonard's reaction. This is also why the RA contains rules for Leonard and for Penny.

That`s the reaction I mean, she deserves all the awards that can be given.

@bfm, I love your analysis. And you are absolutely right. Let´s hope it is going that direction you mention!

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

Tbf to Penny. I think she can communicate with Leonard. When the writers allow her to. But it's IC for her not to express her feelings. Leonard's at times been the girl in the relationship Haha. So I think Penny has problems expressing her true self with Leonard. It does stem from thinking what Leonard thinks deeply. So if you look at it from a perspective, that Penny's worried Leonard's not trying anymore. It comes from a place of wanting and caring. Obviously Penny is confused with what she wants in her life. Mostly from her professional life. So that projects onto Leonard. So I agree this does seem very Penny centric. Which I think is great. Originally a lot of the Lenny relationship was seen from Leonard's pov. Now ATM it's Pennys. So ALOT of her frustrations I agree could stem from her professional life. And balanced out with her state of wanting in her personal life.

A more romantic Leonard, Her the one wanting kids. So I agree maybe this arch leads to a change in profession. And it brings more balance to her life. Whatever that professional maybe. Right now we are just going to have to take the bumps. Funny on social media. They are promoting it as "Is the honeymoon already over for Leonard and Penny?". Honeymoon? They never had one, they probably need one lol. And  "Leonard seeks advice from an unlikely relationship guru, Sheldon!" Well at least they acknowledge the unlikeliness of this whole premise. It's not the worst taping. At least Penny's married to Leonard lol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Penny married Leonard after the boat kiss reveal. That has meant to me that she loves and wants and needs him just as much as he loves and wants and need him.  The "He wore me down" stuff is ego driven bs.

Please writers, don't drag this out any longer. There's only so much bouncing back even Lenny hearts can handle.

A legitimate question...

o_00219.gif

• Like 3

I thought it was pretty obvious Leonard has gotten complacent. I mean his comment about Not needing to be attractive, in married line. I mean the passion dies after you get married some times. So I think it's realistic they are having these issues. I do agree on Penny still probably thinking it's a Leonard's job to make her happy. She's still pretty immature. She needs to realise she needs to make an effort too. I guess the RA is their for when they have an argument. It just feels like last season Penny using the Roommate Agreement to get her own way. But hey these two kids must want to be together, if they go through all this crap, and are still together.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious Leonard has gotten complacent. I mean his comment about Not needing to be attractive, in married line. I mean the passion dies after you get married some times. So I think it's realistic they are having these issues. I do agree on Penny still probably thinking it's a Leonard's job to make her happy. She's still pretty immature. She needs to realise she needs to make an effort too. I guess the RA is their for when they have an argument. It just feels like last season Penny using the Roommate Agreement to get her own way. But hey these two kids must want to be together, if they go through all this crap, and are still together.

What crap do you talking about? Would you PLEASE be so kind to call this upcoming RA be what it is, BS!
Sorry, I'm yelling. Damn.  :icon_redface:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

During the S 6 VDay episode, Penny acknowledged that she can be a real difficult bitch at times.  So, she has a level of self-awareness regarding some of her character defects. She was also absolutely horrified and terrified for the moment when she thought Leonard was breaking up with her because of her bad behavior.  Maybe , at some point, we'll see that self-awareness resurface after all this fighting. If we get a good discussion, re-evaluation, reconciliation type of situation between them,  some good could come from these very disturbing and not very humorous fights. Maybe she thinks that Leonard isn't trying anymore because she still seeks and craves frequent validation of his total adoration of her. And maybe Leonard needs a reminder that maybe he has become a little complacent (I don't really buy that, but I'll go along).

I pretty much agree with all of this except for the bold part. I wouldn't say he became complacent, but maybe a little too comfortable. And chances are he didn't even realize that. I think stuff like that happens when you spend so much time with one person, kind of like a routine.

7 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

The "He wore me down" stuff is ego driven bs.

I know this particular line is despised on here, but I was always sure she was joking whenever she said that. They even made fun of the idea together when they were at the Comic Con, so they can't be serious about.

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic