The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

5 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Penny needs to talk to only two people - obviously Leonard but also Bernadette ALONE. Amy is no help with her teenage girl idealised version of her relationship with Sheldon. It's making Penny confused about what a real married relationship is. Bernie alone is the grown up in this show who tells it like it is and can give Penny the reality check she needs. This girls night scene parallels early season 6 scenes with the Girls when Penny was showing immaturity about relationships. Bernie set her straight in those days too. So I'd like to see her sit down one on one with Penny without "unicorns and rainbows"Amy.

Poor Leonard is stuck with few good options. Howard and Raj are too immature and Sheldon too inconsistent. But then he gets it anyway. He wants to talk with Penny to sort things out. He's been doing that since Season 1. It would do Penny some good to remember that. Talking has always helped ( despite Leonard's imagining of Penny saying we're fine until we talk in Recombination ). It can hurt short term, and has in the past, but it's always moved Lenny forward. So hopefully the writers aren't just aimlessly shitting on Lenny and this mini arc becomes akin to season 9 first half to the Shamies who couldn't see the need for the breakup crap but then felt it led to something better. We can only hope. I'm sort of getting tired of looking at myself in the mirror during this story ( who'd have thought not buying flowers anymore would be such an issueemoji12.png - at least my 20 yr old daughter backs me up on that one!

Yeah, cats and flowers - who knew I was such an asshole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Bernadette can be a total bitch but there is no hiding what she's thinking. She tells you how she feels right or wrong?

• Like 7

Just now, Chrismo said:

I agree. Bernadette can be a total bitch but there is no hiding what she's thinking. She tells you how she feels right or wrong?

I agree with this, Bernadette is a great voice of reason and has a stern hand with advice.  She doesn't sugar coat things.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious Leonard has gotten complacent. I mean his comment about Not needing to be attractive, in married line. I mean the passion dies after you get married some times. So I think it's realistic they are having these issues. I do agree on Penny still probably thinking it's a Leonard's job to make her happy. She's still pretty immature. She needs to realise she needs to make an effort too. I guess the RA is their for when they have an argument. It just feels like last season Penny using the Roommate Agreement to get her own way. But hey these two kids must want to be together, if they go through all this crap, and are still together.

In their argument Penny may have been right but Leonard was more right.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Penny needs to talk to only two people - obviously Leonard but also Bernadette ALONE. Amy is no help with her teenage girl idealised version of her relationship with Sheldon. It's making Penny confused about what a real married relationship is. Bernie alone is the grown up in this show who tells it like it is and can give Penny the reality check she needs. This girls night scene parallels early season 6 scenes with the Girls when Penny was showing immaturity about relationships. Bernie set her straight in those days too. So I'd like to see her sit down one on one with Penny without "unicorns and rainbows"Amy.

Poor Leonard is stuck with few good options. Howard and Raj are too immature and Sheldon too inconsistent. But then he gets it anyway. He wants to talk with Penny to sort things out. He's been doing that since Season 1. It would do Penny some good to remember that. Talking has always helped ( despite Leonard's imagining of Penny saying we're fine until we talk in Recombination ). It can hurt short term, and has in the past, but it's always moved Lenny forward. So hopefully the writers aren't just aimlessly shitting on Lenny and this mini arc becomes akin to season 9 first half to the Shamies who couldn't see the need for the breakup crap but then felt it led to something better. We can only hope. I'm sort of getting tired of looking at myself in the mirror during this story ( who'd have thought not buying flowers anymore would be such an issueemoji12.png - at least my 20 yr old daughter backs me up on that one!

Yeah, cats and flowers - who knew I was such an asshole!

I'm reminded of an old favorite which has some good advice (It would work in that musical episode which you are yearning for.)

She may be weary

Oh women do get weary

Wearing the same shabby dress

And when she's weary

Try a little tenderness

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

In their argument Penny may have been right but Leonard was more right.

About what?

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Okay.  Here we go.  Nearing the time for this episode to air.  We are about to take a journey with Mrs. Hofstadter toward a self-awakening.  This has been simmering in the background for a while.  We saw it several times in season 7 when she jumped off the Cheesecake Factory merry-go-round and the connected troubles with her acting career. It sort of ended for a time with her engagement to her Strawberry Pop Tart.  We saw it just before and just after her wedding with first the revelation of an unfortunate drunken, smoky, tooth bumping kiss by her then boy-friend, now fiancé, followed by the further revelation that he still sees the recipient/engager of the kiss nearly daily at work.  Each of those times there was a conclusion, a temporary coming-to-terms with things.  Then.  Then we have a session with Dr. Gallo (where meds were prescribed) and the weekend away at Big Bear where we find all may not be going as well on certain fronts for Mrs. H.  Also in there was Valentine's Day with the realization that neither her nor her husband were getting any younger.  A sort of bonding occurs with her mother-in-law, at which time said mother-in-law pointed out how happy her son seemed to her since his marriage.  That bonding brought about a ceremony in which their union was finally celebrated before friends and family and where our heroine was able to admit before her husband and everyone they both hold dear "how incredibly happy you make me".  At a small three-person-party, she found that her husband was sort of cool in his work environment mainly because he tricked a hot girl into marrying him.  Her response? Happily, gleefully, she admits that indeed, she was that girl. 

Now comes the time when you are well past your first year of marriage.  The fairy dust has worn off.  Things are falling into place.  You have a very nice home to yourselves for the most part.  But you discover there are things happening and changing around you.  At one time, you and your husband could have been thought of the ones showing their new love.  Showing the amazing things that happened between you in your relationship.  Things that made others jealous and refer to you as two people who made up an amazing couple.  Now that everyone knows that, perhaps you don't feel as special as you did not so long ago.  Maybe your husband with things becoming busy at work isn't quite as completely attentive as he once was.  You don't doubt his love for you, but perhaps he doesn't show it in quite the same way, with the same ardor that another couple--new to the ways of love---in your circle may.  Yet other friends have set themselves in not only a home, but the American Dream of a house of their own.  And a child is added to this other family. 

"What will happen to me?  What will happen to us?  What am I doing?  Where will we be in six months; in a year; in five years?  Who am I?"

I think we are about to find out much regarding both Penny and Leonard. I think they will end up stronger together as they usually do in their travels.  We have often said in the past "when will she get her working life sorted out?"  Well my friends.  I have gained some faith over the last few days.  Okay.  Here we go.

not a Lenny BUT you brought out a tear in me with this...beautifully said!!

• Like 4

I also think they have to both be more open to each other's interests. Penny always cops it for not liking what Leonard likes but he can be just as bad. In the spoiler clip of him and Sheldon walking up the stairs he doesn't sound too excited about going on the spa weekend ( gah, me in the mirror again!). It won't hurt to give it a go, champ. Both of them are too quick to dismiss what the other likes. I reckon this needs to be discussed too. Marriage is a compromise. Mrs Itwas and I do have very different interests, like Lenny, and while we often go our separate ways for sanity sake, we also compromise and give the others' preference a go and always enjoy it because we are doing it together. Lenny - both of them - need to realise that. I think that's a good way to take them too, writers. I'd be laughing at myself but the trials of Lenny trying out each other's interests is plenty to work with.

• Like 2

Okay.  Here we go.  Nearing the time for this episode to air.  We are about to take a journey with Mrs. Hofstadter toward a self-awakening.  This has been simmering in the background for a while.  We saw it several times in season 7 when she jumped off the Cheesecake Factory merry-go-round and the connected troubles with her acting career. It sort of ended for a time with her engagement to her Strawberry Pop Tart.  We saw it just before and just after her wedding with first the revelation of an unfortunate drunken, smoky, tooth bumping kiss by her then boy-friend, now fiancé, followed by the further revelation that he still sees the recipient/engager of the kiss nearly daily at work.  Each of those times there was a conclusion, a temporary coming-to-terms with things.  Then.  Then we have a session with Dr. Gallo (where meds were prescribed) and the weekend away at Big Bear where we find all may not be going as well on certain fronts for Mrs. H.  Also in there was Valentine's Day with the realization that neither her nor her husband were getting any younger.  A sort of bonding occurs with her mother-in-law, at which time said mother-in-law pointed out how happy her son seemed to her since his marriage.  That bonding brought about a ceremony in which their union was finally celebrated before friends and family and where our heroine was able to admit before her husband and everyone they both hold dear "how incredibly happy you make me".  At a small three-person-party, she found that her husband was sort of cool in his work environment mainly because he tricked a hot girl into marrying him.  Her response? Happily, gleefully, she admits that indeed, she was that girl. 

Now comes the time when you are well past your first year of marriage.  The fairy dust has worn off.  Things are falling into place.  You have a very nice home to yourselves for the most part.  But you discover there are things happening and changing around you.  At one time, you and your husband could have been thought of the ones showing their new love.  Showing the amazing things that happened between you in your relationship.  Things that made others jealous and refer to you as two people who made up an amazing couple.  Now that everyone knows that, perhaps you don't feel as special as you did not so long ago.  Maybe your husband with things becoming busy at work isn't quite as completely attentive as he once was.  You don't doubt his love for you, but perhaps he doesn't show it in quite the same way, with the same ardor that another couple--new to the ways of love---in your circle may.  Yet other friends have set themselves in not only a home, but the American Dream of a house of their own.  And a child is added to this other family. 

"What will happen to me?  What will happen to us?  What am I doing?  Where will we be in six months; in a year; in five years?  Who am I?"

I think we are about to find out much regarding both Penny and Leonard. I think they will end up stronger together as they usually do in their travels.  We have often said in the past "when will she get her working life sorted out?"  Well my friends.  I have gained some faith over the last few days.  Okay.  Here we go.

That's the spirit, hokie, bring yourself out of the darkness! Walk towards the light!

• Like 3

I don't see this as an episode to skip. I mean sure Lenny argue. But it's not the first time they have. Let alone as a married couple. A lot of this timeline. Seems rehashed, or repeated Cannon, or repeated stories. From yesteryear but making it in context in S10. Like this episode for Lenny, could fit in any episode in season 7. Or the next episode Randall, you could argue is just Guitar Amplification 2.0. We're going around in circles Sam. I mean I skipped 9.02. But I won't skip this, I don't see a reason too. But that's just me. What I'm most disappointed about is how stereotypical most of this is. They should be in the early stages of their marrage. Instead of seeing a young, fun married couple. We're seeing Howardette lol.

No offence to those adults. But they have almost skipped the timeline by 20 years, and gone straight to the "Wife feels under appreciated" trope. I think this is an arch. And is Penny centric. And we'll lead to maybe a change in profession. And give her personal life more balance. And Leonard starts trying more. She's in between the past and future. She has frustrations in her professional life. And sees Shamy. And I agree maybe Amy's teenage pubescent views and how she sees her relationship with Sheldon. Is not where Penny's at. She needs someone like Bernadette. Who's relationship is a bit more evolved if you get what I mean. Her influence is needed. She's the one who encouraged Penny to take an interest in Leonard's job leading to Hologram. So I think her pointing out how much Leonard loves her we'll help. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That he has put more effort the whole time.

Hmm maybe. I never got that. Did he? In what way. He pined after her. Got her. But I don't think we actively saw either trying. Whatever that means. 

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm maybe. I never got that. Did he? In what way. He pined after her. Got her. But I don't think we actively saw either trying. Whatever that means. 

snowflake, buying a car, paying her food and sometimes her rent, calling out Kurt to give her back her money, same with the t.v. some examples.......and I won´t sum up the ones she told us he did romantically (buying flight ticket etc), because we didn´t see that actually on screen.

Let´s sum up her efforts..... 

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

But Penny is just saying he doesn't try anymore, you know, after they got married. She knows pretty well how much he did for her before they got married. And to be fair, we haven't seen them doing all that much lately. No occasional dinners for two, almost no dates etc.

15 minutes ago, john2p said:

Let´s sum up her efforts..... 

It's true that she hasn't done all that much, and that's what Leonard said to her in one of the sneak peeks. I'm excited to hear what the RA has in store for Penny, because @CaffeineBuzz said there was definitely something for Penny, but she can't remember what it was. Would give us an idea how Leonard is feeling about the whole thing and what he thinks she's doing wrong.

Leonard's past effort mean very little anymore. It's the present. And in the present he's not trying anymore. Because why should he. He worked hard for her lol. But guess Penny just wants Leonard to not get complacent. Penny also needs to show some maturity in her marrage. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

But Penny is just saying he doesn't try anymore, you know, after they got married. She knows pretty well how much he did for her before they got married. And to be fair, we haven't seen them doing all that much lately. No occasional dinners for two, almost no dates etc.

It's true that she hasn't done all that much, and that's what Leonard said to her in one of the sneak peeks. I'm excited to hear what the RA has in store for Penny, because @CaffeineBuzz said there was definitely something for Penny, but she can't remember what it was. Would give us an idea how Leonard is feeling about the whole thing and what he thinks she's doing wrong.

I don´t say Leonard does try in the present as much as he did. But I was only summing up, because 3ku11 didn´t remember why this dynamics/point of view was coming from...

Edited by john2p

29 minutes ago, john2p said:

I don´t say Leonard does try in the present as much as he did. But I was only summing up, because 3ku11 didn´t remember why this dynamics/point of view was coming from...

Was those examples being romantic? Or trying to Impress Penny? Since they became committed. Post Season 5 The Recombination Hypothesis. How many times has Penny or Leonard tried? Leonard got her a car in The Friendship Turbulence. Penny bought Leonard that helicopter toy In Season hate ha. Any case I see this issue with Lenny combination. Of Complacent Leonard. And immature Penny. 

Penny's day-dream!!  She secretly loves all those corn-ball things Leonard does!  I mean really, really loves them! Huge reveal!!!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Penny's day-dream!!  She secretly loves all those corn-ball things Leonard does!  I mean really, really loves them! Huge reveal!!!

But she doesn't love when he gets scientific. :icon_cheesygrin:

Well there you go! Things non Lennies won't pick up as important. Score one for a positive in the episode of doom.

• Like 4

They're clearly on edge but so far... I've seen worse. :icon_razz:

5 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Well there you go! Things non Lennies won't pick up as important. Score one for a positive in the episode of doom.

Loved that they still had enough love left over to say goodbye to each other and Leonard wishing her to have fun.

11 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

But she doesn't love when he gets scientific. :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't know. I think she kind of does. She dreamed about it!

• Like 1