[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I don't know. I think she kind of does. She dreamed about it!

True, but in her dream, Leonard always knew what not to say, implying that she's not exactly enjoying it. :icon_cheesygrin:

We didn't see how they talked it out, but I loved loved loved to see them smile again when they joined Sheldon and Amy.

Well, that wasn't so bad, was it? Actually thought the ending was really cute, especially seeing how giddy and happy they were.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

This seemed actually better than the TR to me.  They had a problem, figured a solution and at the end were happily kidding around.  I think Leonard was the big winner with the clause that Penny had to tell him when something is wrong instead of trying to put him off by saving nothing is wrong.  This was something Penny always did to him, now she can't, and all he had to give up was playing video games in his underwear, big win for Leonard.

• Like 7

Huge development for me. Penny has to now tell Leonard is she is feeling unhappy, about her life, or what Leonard is doing. That way she won't supress her emotions in the future. The whole idea of the RA is still absurd. But I Did like that clause. Now throw it in the bin :icon_cheesygrin:. Guess Taping Reports are always vague huh. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SRAM said:

the clause that Penny had to tell him when something is wrong instead of trying to put him off by saving nothing is wrong.

Yep, I was happy about that. And you could see, in the episode, that Leonard didn't even know what Penny wants. He was literally confused. And that comes from not communicating with each other. I hope they figured that out now.

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

perhaps. I'm going with she dreamed because she secretly loves it!!!  Me, myself & I !!!  #LoveThatAmazingCoupleKnownAsLeonard&PennyHofstadter

Yes, do that! :icon_cheesygrin: I also have that headcanon that she secretly loves his science talks. But, of course, she'll never admit that. :icon_razz:

2 minutes ago, SRAM said:

This seemed actually better than the TR to me.  They had a problem, figured a solution and at the end were happily kidding around.  I think Leonard was the big winner with the clause that Penny had to tell him when something is wrong instead of trying to put him off by saving nothing is wrong.  This was something Penny always did to him, now she can't, and all he had to give up was playing video games in his underwear, big win for Leonard.

I agree it was a total win for Leonard at the end. Best part of the episode was the end but IMO that RA will never be mentioned again. Still though there's no guarantee Penny will keep her end of the bargain. What are the consequences if she doesn't? I can't see her stop cold turkey. Didn't see Leonard sign anything. The rest of the Lenny storyline was blah. To me Leonard won the relationship argument in 4a. although to me getting them to argue because of Sheldon was a bit far fetched.

• Like 1

I posted Jessica Radloff's (Glamour) recap in the episode thread, but I want to bring this bit here...

So, how did we get here? Leonard sensed that something was off with Penny, and when she said she didn't want to talk about it, he kept prying. Penny finally admits that she feels like he's taking her for granted, but Leonard immediately got defensive, exclaiming, "That is ridiculous!" Added Penny: "That's exactly why I didn't want to talk about it." To make matters worse, Leonard replied, "No, let's talk about it. I'm the one that has made all the effort in this relationship. Please tell me what more I can do!" Right, because saying you do everything is exactly what you should say to someone who feels like you've stopped trying. (Insert sarcasm.)

And yet, who hasn't had that exact conversation at some point, whether with a significant other, a friend, or a family member? We're taught to express our feelings when something is bothering us, but how often does the other person calmly sit there and actually listen? Rarely, right? They often fight back and go on the defensive before really thinking things though. Cuoco and Johnny Galecki played the moment perfectly.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I agree it was a total win for Leonard at the end. Best part of the episode was the end but IMO that RA will never be mentioned again. Still though there's no guarantee Penny will keep her end of the bargain. What are the consequences if she doesn't? I can't see her stop cold turkey. Didn't see Leonard sign anything. The rest of the Lenny storyline was blah. To me Leonard won the relationship argument in 4a. although to me getting them to argue because of Sheldon was a bit far fetched.

I can't help but want Leonard to pull out the RA during a future agrument between them, I could just see it shutting Penny up and her just shaking her head in defeat and saying "damm".

If they were going to have a RA it seems to me two others things could have been mentioned.

a. Keeping secrets from one another

b. Leonard pretending everything's fine when it's not.

of course we wouldn't have the next episode.

I seriously had no problem with that. I know there is always going to be a resistance to the whole idea of the Relationship agreement, but the fact they stipulated it was their version, not Sheldon's and the terms shared in the episode were very relevant to the straw that broke the camels back ( the underwear) and the biggest issue - Penny hiding her problems - made it palatable for me. The whole major issue may have come out of the blue because their life doesn't get enough screen time to see this problem happening in front of us, but it is certainly a problem they've had for years - Penny not wanting to talk.

The problem with them being in the background since Season 7, when this was quite apparent, is we were led to believe it had gone away because the writers forgot to write anything about them to show it. ( must have been happening OFF SCREEN, where they do their best work). When I think about it, the whole waste of space engagement story of season eight was example of them not ironing out their issues entirely and the the spur of the moment decision in the finale was a lack of preparation for married life, notwithstanding the stupid secret kiss plot device that made it worse. They then spent a year behind the kitchen island without ironing out the problem on screen and then WHACK, we get this blowing up now when the writers finally decided to remember they had a story to tell. IF it continues to go somewhere - and it doesn't have to be referenced every week like it wasn't in the following episode - I'm happy about this. If it is a one off, which some love to speculate is the case for the sake of staying depressed about it, and we have another episode of Penny getting away with not talking about it, then I'll go back to being mildly annoyed ( a major emotional shift for me).

I actually liked the relief on their faces when The Penny Not Talking about it clause was read. It seems they both agree that is THE big problem to solve. In the end, they looked happy. Hope it stays that way AFTER the next two episodes which we already "know" about. My only gripe is that we got none of their actual discussion. Trim a few seconds of Shamy fluff from every scene and edit out the pointless cucumber water scene and we could have had a minute or two of SEEING them reach the epiphany on the not talking (and underpants) dilemma. But I can accept how it happened. The preview clips prepared me for the worst and the rest were quite OK for me. Others are free to remain upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The tone of a episode can be tailored in the edit room to the directors vision, obviously Lenny were suppose to have a relationship problem in this episode and then solve it at the end, not have a marriage ending fight.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

I actually liked the relief on their faces when The Penny Not Talking about it clause was read. It seems they both agree that is THE big problem to solve. In the end, they looked happy. Hope it stays that way AFTER the next two episodes which we already "know" about. My only gripe is that we got none of their actual discussion. Trim a few seconds of Shamy fluff from every scene and edit out the pointless cucumber water scene and we could have had a minute or two of SEEING them reach the epiphany on the not talking (and underpants) dilemma. But I can accept how it happened. The preview clips prepared me for the worst and the rest were quite OK for me. Others are free to remain upset.

I like the epiphany idea. I think if we got a little of Lennys discussion the RA  would have been received better. I think more than the Shamy nonsense could of been cut. The kiss, the cucumber drink , the car trip, no Amy at the Spa for example. In actuality they could of buried Shamy in the other storyline and brought them back for the tag. Maybe having Sheldon checking over a Lenny written RA.

22 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

May have to watch it again but can't pick up where Penny is envious of Shamy either!

27 minutes ago, SRAM said:

The tone of a episode can be tailored in the edit room to the directors vision.

I think the scene in the apartment when the girls were going to the spa may have been edited from what was scene at the taping.

• Like 1

I thought it was pretty good for Lenny. I thought it was kinda cute in the end the way Penny smiled at Leonard. About his thighs. And the way Leonard rubbed Penny's back. I think though, off screen again. I could of done without the Shamy fluff, and the Howard/Raj Story. And maybe a few minutes to see Lenny communicate. 

Leonard will restrict video-gaming in underpants to hours Penny is not home. This includes boxers, briefs, thongs, G-strings or anything else that calls attention to his pasty little thighs.

LMAO!

Penny was kinda mean to Leonard. But to be fair this is not Season 3. IT is Season Ten, she is hitting the twilight years of her life. She's in her thirties. All she has is Leonard tbh. She has that Pharmaceutucal Job. But maybe TPTB are heading into the direction, of Penny has a career change? I understand the negative ones on it was OOC for Penny, she was too mean. She overreacted to Leonard playing video games. Maybe. But I Think the show was trying to differentiate the difference between perception and reality. Perception is Leonard well do this and that. Reality is Burp! LOL. Perception is Penny what the heck are you on about. I diddn't do anything wrong. Infact I have been doing all the heavy lifting for the past ten years. Reality is, your not anymore. Penny is prone to quick and spontaneous bursts, without thinking. I thought what was refreshing though. Was both acknowleding their is an issue, and to address it. Opposed to what they always do and ignore it. The episode it self was a hot mess. But I diddn't mind the RA in terms of addressing these issues. Whether or not it well be brought back up again. We already know next episode it isin't.  

So alot of it maybe a throwaway gag. And they fight over Randall. Which illustrates my point over immature Penny. She needs to realize its not 2009 anymore. She can't act as an independant anymore. She is married now, everything she does is done as a collective unit. The idea she thinks she can arrange for her brother to stay at their Apt. And not consult her husband on the matter, is so out of line, its not even funny. But Leonard can go RA, Penny you need to be honest with me. Damn it fine. Not that it looks like this is what happened. So RA is already useless. What sitcom has a written contract for a couple lol. I Think the whole premise of the RA is absurd too. But I don't think we well be hearing it all that often. TBH I am over this tiresome drama, this cringy behaviour by susposidly outstanding, unique individuals. This riducle and mocking. I miss the light hearted and fluffy Big Bang. 

Edited by 3ku11

Rationalize all you want but the sad fact is that @luminous art is more touching and @veejay gif's funnier than the show has  even for a long time

And at 54 I can tell you that 30 is FAR from the "twilight years"

Edited by JE7
Damn kid calling me old I'll hit him with my cane :(
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Rationalize all you want but the sad fact is that @luminous art is more touching and @veejay gif's funnier than the show has  even for a long time

And at 54 I can tell you that 30 is FAR from the "twilight years"

Im not sure what you are trying to say. I am not rationlizing anything. I am simply in a contructive manner. Dissecting the current state of Lenny. Fine you think its all doom and gloom. I just choose to not see it that way, and look at the positives. Their aren't many, but they are their. Fine we clearly are from different generations. But my point was simply Penny is in her thirties. She needs more then just Leonard, to give her life balance. 

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic