Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

 Fine we clearly are from different generations. But my point was simply Penny is in her thirties. She needs more then just Leonard, to give her life balance. 

His point was your thirties are not your twilight years.  And everyone needs more than one person to balance their life.  It has nothing to do with your age. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

She needs more then just Leonard, to give her life balance. 

The question I am asking is, is that something to explore in a comedy? Should a show which is supposed to make me laugh contain "doom and gloom" in any Apriciable amount?

To me a comedy should be mostly light and funny so as to help it's viewers relax and escape the pressure's of their daily struggles like the TBBT was in the "old days" not a heavy drama. It's like ordering a yellow shirt and getting a black one, it may be a perfectly fine shirt but it's not what you expected to receive

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The question I am asking is, is that something to explore in a comedy? Should a show which is supposed to make me laugh contain "doom and gloom" in any Apriciable amount?

To me a comedy should be mostly light and funny so as to help it's viewers relax and escape the pressure's of their daily struggles like the TBBT was in the "old days" not a heavy drama. It's like ordering a yellow shirt and getting a black one, it may be a perfectly fine shirt but it's not what you expected to receive

I also think that the writers have pretty much exceeded their goal of writing a remarkable comedy. Only the actors are still able to create a little humor from an unbelievable (Lenny)plot.
OT, thanks to Simon for his refreshing physical approach.

o_00019.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say this but I need to stay away from this thread for a while. I have zero positive things to say about our beloved couple right now. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Sorry to say this but I need to stay away from this thread for a while. I have zero positive things to say about our beloved couple right now. 

As am I. Ever since I watched the promo several days ago, I've stayed completely away because I have absolutely nothing positive to say. Now I really don't have anything to say. 

Maybe we can make a Lenny thread where the Shipper rules apply but we can be negative and rant? The Poop Deck? 

Anyway, I'll be in absentia as well. 

Edited by 5Mississippis
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess i am the only one here who actually thought that was a very good development for Lenny. They above acknowledged their issues. And are working to address them. And they were really sweet at the end of the episode. The beggining was a bit dark. But I thought it developed really well. I enjoyed it. I think its an arch. Lenny are def not a fairytale, they are a cautionary tale. We would love them to be butterflies every episode, but thats not who they are. It is kinda hard coming to this thread and being positive and supportive. But their you go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lenny are def not a fairytale, they are a cautionary tale. We would love them to be butterflies every episode, but thats not who they are. 

No, actually that's not what I want at all. I love angst. Some of my favorite scenes between all of my favorite couples are angsty ones. I just hate when it's not in character and I hate when in order to get there you need character assassination. I'll leave it at that since, again, I really have nothing positive to say in here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
21 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I guess i am the only one here who actually thought that was a very good development for Lenny.

No, you are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Just two pictures. :icon_wink:

1013sc001.jpg

1013sc002.jpg

 

Ahhh, they look so good! :shy: Love these two so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm not as positive as some or as negative as others. It seems to me they started with a made up problem of Leonard in his underwear and putting no effort in their relationship. To me it's kind of likeMandy that came out of left field. They had a unnecessary and nauseating injection of Shamy and then turned it into a happy ending. I liked the idea of Penny realizing that she shouldn't keep what she's feeling and thinking from Leonard though that should have been done years ago. Another point though and I know it's not exactly the same but it's in the ballpark is the next two episodes. Again Penny is withholding info from Leonard in regards to her brother. While it's not the same thing as what she's feeling it is keeping something from Leonard. Also in the following episode she is jealous of Bernadette and her life. Isn't that again built up feelings and not telling Leonard about them. I know some are saying its not exactly the same but it is. Hopefully it will be followed up at the next taping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't hate the episode. Maybe it's a case of "Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best." They can fight, be unreasonable, be defensive, be disappointed. But they love each other and can forgive each other and can try to do better.  And tolerate the imperfections. Like real people in a real marriage. We have seen it before and sometimes it's uncomfortable to watch.  But in the end I felt the connection, love and appreciation they have for each other.Leonard caressing Penny's back and Penny's sweet and loving smile said to me " We are ok. We're way better than ok.":firstmove:

(Bernie's story about the pizza guy and Howard kind of put Penny's high drama moment in perspective. )

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I didn't hate the episode. Maybe it's a case of "Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best." They can fight, be unreasonable, be defensive, be disappointed. But they love each other and can forgive each other and can try to do better.  And tolerate the imperfections. Like real people in a real marriage. We have seen it before and sometimes it's uncomfortable to watch.  But in the end I felt the connection, love and appreciation they have for each other.Leonard caressing Penny's back and Penny's sweet and loving smile said to me " We are ok. We're way better than ok.":firstmove:

(Bernie's story about the pizza guy and Howard kind of put Penny's high drama moment in perspective. )

 

Agree though some of the journey to the end was unnecessary IMO. Unfortunately the picture shown above seem to disappear in the next two episodes.

Also wasn't it nice not to see Sheldon in the opening?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I didn't hate the episode. Maybe it's a case of "Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best." They can fight, be unreasonable, be defensive, be disappointed. But they love each other and can forgive each other and can try to do better.  And tolerate the imperfections. Like real people in a real marriage. We have seen it before and sometimes it's uncomfortable to watch.  But in the end I felt the connection, love and appreciation they have for each other.Leonard caressing Penny's back and Penny's sweet and loving smile said to me " We are ok. We're way better than ok.":firstmove:

(Bernie's story about the pizza guy and Howard kind of put Penny's high drama moment in perspective. )

 

and this makes me happy to hear!  Because like I said, everyone was all up about the RA when really I found that the sweeter more tender part of Lenny in the episode. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

and this makes me happy to hear!  Because like I said, everyone was all up about the RA when really I found that the sweeter more tender part of Lenny in the episode. 

But couldn't they have the sweeter more tender moments without the RA?  Also wouldn't your picture of Shamy been as sweet if it had been interrupted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'll put in my two cents, what I saw last night was a Lenny episode and wasn't that what us Lenny's wanted, I know I did.  I feel last night was all Lenny, for once Sheldon was just a support character used to make Leonard and Penny talk about the elephant in the room and, with Amy, provide some comic relief in tense Lenny scenes. Even the Raj and Howard plot (Bernadette was more support to the Lenny plot than to Howard and Raj), seemed to only there to provide some silly meaningless comedy between the serious Lenny scenes, to try and keep the episode a comedy, but last night to me was all about Lenny and I actually found it refreshing for a change.  So yes I did like the episode.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

 

(Bernie's story about the pizza guy and Howard kind of put Penny's high drama moment in perspective. )

 

I may said this earlier but Bernadette tends to take Leonard's side though in this case a funny one. Amy's Sheldon always wears pants and I wouldn't recognize comment sort of backed Penny, made no sense, and wasn't true.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Okay, I'll put in my two cents, what I saw last night was a Lenny episode and wasn't that what us Lenny's wanted, I know I did.  I feel last night was all Lenny, for once Sheldon was just a support character used to make Leonard and Penny talk about the elephant in the room and, with Amy, provide some comic relief in tense Lenny scenes. Even the Raj and Howard plot (Bernadette was more support to the Lenny plot than to Howard and Raj), seemed to only there to provide some silly meaningless comedy between the serious Lenny scenes, to try and keep the episode a comedy, but last night to me was all about Lenny and I actually found it refreshing for a change.  So yes I did like the episode.

n_00300.gif

Damn, I know you're right. But the writers failed in front of my point of view. I found myself very surprised when the episode ended. It was very poorly executed, it felt like some needed (on-screen) talking scenes with Lenny were missing. And again, RA for Lenny is just BS!   :scratchhead:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Now about the plot.................that is why I liked it.

You explain it quite well, but I would gladly see all the eternal conjectures about their conversations and irritations in the respective episode. I'm pretty tired about all assumptions we always have to make to enjoy their funny way of life. Of course I know the limited length of an episode, but less Sheldon...hell you know. :shy:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Lenny relationship agreement is never going to be mentioned again they are not like Shamy and have to mention it all the time. Now if I were Leonard I would have said Penny if I have to keep my pants on then  I want a clause in there that says  that when we are home alone you have to keep yours off:icon_razz:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought this was a very positive Lenny episode. They both showed tons of growth. We may want Season 3-7 Lenny. But reality is that time has come and gone. And I think Lenny are going through what every young married couple go through. It's realistic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah I thought this was a very positive Lenny episode. They both showed tons of growth. We may want Season 3-7 Lenny. But reality is that time has come and gone. And I think Lenny are going through what every young married couple go through. It's realistic.

That's the one thing Kaley says in interviews she loves the fact the writers treat them like a real couple with real problems

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.