[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

1 hour ago, john2p said:

It´s strange I am not longer attached to TBBT as I was long time ago, but Lenny are the rock, the foundation I always lean on. I deeply wish better storylines and more screen time. But even with only 2 minutes, I get my weekly doses. Yes I am furious on the writers, what they have done (or better said don´t do; let our couple shine) to Lenny. But even with weak or badly written material Johnny and Kaley still manage to outshine the others. And that is actually a big achievement. If this series ends, I don´t care much, but for them it could go on endlessly. And it will by this thread and the great memories about Lenny. 

Your song is beautiful, John!:giverose:

• Like 2

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

I think the writers are treating Lenny fine. Sure love if they got more screen time. But we got that great wedding. I thought that made up for the crappy first one. I just think more balance is needed. But I'm not angry at tptb or anything. They are not deleberitly diminishing them. And personally I don't see a reason to be upset. Not that I'm telling anyone how to feel. I'm Just saying while I would love Lenny to be like previous seasons. Things change. And tbh even though the writing is a bit average at times. I think they are treating them fine. In terms of where Lenny are at in the timeline of their life. Just like they did Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. And skip Season 8 haha. I just think although they are writing them realistically. Most of these issues for Lenny should be existing later down the track. But they know more then i do.

Edited by 3ku11

I didn't say Skull couldn't have an opinion on it, I was just asking what part of his marriage made it realistic for him.  

I quoted Chrismo, not you. And only mentioned you and Chrismo for having an opposite opinion to mine on the realism of the Lenny plot. Didn't call you out on telling people they can't have an opinion. I'm not one for absolutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhalen565 said:

No she didn't. She hid his collectibles but didn't redecorate until after Leonard gave her the go ahead to do so, in the bedroom, just after she told him he may feel some discomfort from where the Pink Ranger was going to be put

Sorry you are right my mistake but given Leonard's reaction in the episode he didn't expect what her saw and I don't think we have seen the bedroom since so I wonder if Penny did tone it down a bit

10 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

I quoted Chrismo, not you. And only mentioned you and Chrismo for having an opposite opinion to mine on the realism of the Kenny plot. Didn't call you out on telling people they can't have an opinion. I'm not one for absolutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you meant me also, when you mention me.  Looking at it again, I see the difference now.  Sorry.  

• Like 1

I think they are treating them dreadfully.  Loved how both wedding were interrupted by Sheldon.  They've cut their time, and when they do show them, they show mostly conflict.  The funny thing is, I don't even need them like previous seasons.  

There was less of them in season seven, than in season six, but I didn't mind that  at all.  They showed them happy, and with some conflict, and the whole show felt more balanced.    But, the difference for me, was they showed them talking about it.  If there was a problem, they showed them discussing it.  

This season, not so much.  They evidently can't even talk things through themselves.  They have to have Sheldon draw up something (or something similar), the've denigrated and made fun of for almost the entire run of the show.  It's like they've had them regress.  Although there are bits and pieces of reality in there, I don't think they've written them realistically, overall, since the end of season seven.    

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I just watched the episode again. Took me an hour to get the courage to put it on. A cute thing I forgot about was Leonard mentioning, during Penny's daydream, that they had driven to Santa Barbara  to a winery and he was serving the rose' that she had liked (and apparently overindulged in). Yes, it was off screen, but still a cute little road trip story. Also(sort of) cute that Leonard texts her from the bathroom. Again, the fight sucked, but the ending was cute.:firstmove:They need to hold hands and get it together.

Coincidentally,  I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning to visit my sister in Santa Barbara(wine tasting on our to-do list). Anyhow, just heard that United has grounded all domestic flights tonight due to computer issues. Could turn out to be a long day tomorrow as high winds and rain are expected later in the day here.:girlimpossible:

Safe travels SPTF. Enjoy sunny, warm California!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Yes to this. Johnny and Kaley nailed the last episode. It's just reminds me of the great chemistry those 2 have when they play Lenny. The emotions, their deliver and the pain they showed was eye watering. Only if we could have seen them talk, because when they talk you know it will be beautiful and sweet and no need for the bullshit RA and would have been the perfect episode, but god forbid anyone outshining the golden boy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would love to have a Lenny spinoff, but written by some other writers. That is a show I would watch!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes but Johnny seems a pretty honest guy. Why would he lie? Point blank. In any case let's pretend Johnny was being honest. I agree with him, I think this is a good storyline for Lenny. A little arch. Is better then standing behind kitchen island.

It was a fluff interview. The interviewer IMO had a general idea what Johnny was going to say. The interviewer isn't going to working on 60 minutes, CNN, or Fox News anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

, I think this is a good storyline for Lenny. A little arch. Is better then standing behind kitchen island.

Being happy in the background or miserable center stage is hardly a set of good choices personally I would prefer happy in the background.

These writers are not good at closure and love stretching out plots, if this is the last season they are more likely to leave any damage unrepaired at the end cause they were to busy "growing Sheldon" to take the time to properly fix it and at best we get a all is forgotten unearned "happy ending".....

Or a piano depending on Chuck's mood

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Coincidentally,  I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning to visit my sister in Santa Barbara(wine tasting on our to-do list). Anyhow, just heard that United has grounded all domestic flights tonight due to computer issues. Could turn out to be a long day tomorrow as high winds and rain are expected later in the day here.:girlimpossible:

United has lifted the ground stop (as someone on twitter has said, why call it a ground stop, instead of a computer problem), and are working to get the aircraft flying.  Hopefully this now won't affect your flight. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JE7 said:

Being happy in the background or miserable center stage is hardly a set of good choices personally I would prefer happy in the background.

These writers are not good at closure and love stretching out plots, if this is the last season they are more likely to leave any damage unrepaired at the end cause they were to busy "growing Sheldon" to take the time to properly fix it and at best we get a all is forgotten unearned "happy ending".....

Or a piano depending on Chuck's mood

After watching the episode, They had an argument. Penny feels directionless. But they are working to address it. IT was fine. 

• Like 1

Honestly I felt this episode was written similarly to a couple previous episodes, particularly the season 3 episode where Penny's musician friend came to visit and the later episode when Leonard found out Penny married Zack.  They fought the whole episode, it seemed like they might break up, and they seemed to have resolved their problem in the tag scene, just like last weeks episode.  The writers seem incapable of writing them any other way and this consistently in the way they write them was one of the reasons I was not too concerned when I saw the episode.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Honestly I felt this episode was written similarly to a couple previous episodes, particularly the season 3 episode where Penny's musician friend came to visit and the later episode when Leonard found out Penny married Zack.  They fought the whole episode, it seemed like they might break up, and they seemed to have resolved their problem in the tag scene, just like last weeks episode.  The writers seem incapable of writing them any other way and this consistently in the way they write them was one of the reasons I was not too concerned when I saw the episode.

I can agree 80% with your opinion. Though one major difference is, what some already pointed out, in those episodes we didn´t only see them fight, and be good in the tags, but also talk about it. And what did we get in the last episode? A cucummer nonsense and Lenny asking if Sheldon could help out with writing down the RA (hahahaha, sarcasm mode). Anyhow if they need a RA for god´s sake, than SHOW us god dammit, about WHAT they need  in the R.A. On what subjects. Actually we know they can argue on a funny way. The Beta Test was THE example. Where it was childish, it was fun to watch how they play that out. How Leonard did some ridicule propositions and Penny countered that with some overreacted suggestions and rules. But the main thing was they did it together!!!

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, john2p said:

I can agree 80% with your opinion. Though one major difference is, what some already pointed out, in those episodes we didn´t only see them fight, and be good in the tags, but also talk about it. And what did we get in the last episode? A cucummer nonsense and Lenny asking if Sheldon could help out with writing down the RA (hahahaha, sarcasm mode). Anyhow if they need a RA for god´s sake, than SHOW us god dammit, about WHAT they need  in the R.A. On what subjects. Actually we know they can argue on a funny way. The Beta Test was THE example. Where it was childish, it was fun to watch how they play that out. How Leonard did some ridicule propositions and Penny countered that with some overreacted suggestions and rules. But the main thing was they did it together!!!

o_00230.gif

That's for sure. :shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, john2p said:

Yeah. But some times it’s hard trying not to forget why I liked this show in the first place.
As a longtime viewer now I watched it more like a habit (ok, addiction perhaps), since season hate. So I've been following The Sheldon Show for a long time now. Although I’m not a "so-called" shipper (sorry folks :icon_redface:), Lenny is still the absolute core of the show for me. :icon_biggrin:

n_00273.gif

See! That's pretty bad-ass. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay
putting some facts straight
  • Like 5

Look Lenny were done as a narrative and story moment they got engaged. I mean we do remember 8.01 to 8.24 right lol? They have been the obligatory wave in the camera since then. But the Shift To The Sheldon Cooper show, was swift and obvious. I am not a shipper persay too. So I am not that bothered by Lenny fighting. IT seemed pretty typical for them, to me. But that is JMO. They have found some new issues and challenges. Penny wants to feel appreciated. And Leonard wants Penny to appreciate, all the work he has done this past decade. But watching the episode again. I kinda agree. OOC. Although I Diddn't mind the dream. I know some critisized it for Penny being OOC. Why would she want that stuff? But I Saw it as a reveal, turns out subconciousley Penny likes Leonard doing that stuff. I guess Penny has always sent off a vibe, shes not a romantic type person, but turns out she kinda is. So maybe wel well see that dream becoming fantasy. Leonard well organize a special dinner for them. Being married doesen't guarentee how things were well be a smooth transition. Most of these issues prob should exist later on the tangent.

But from what I have read, they are typical married issues. I just think they should balance it out more. My avatar was a good example. Or the Tree Sequence in Holiday Summnation. You can't have a dark episode, with no laughs. TBBT is not say Everybody Loves Raymond, or All in the Family, or Modern Family. or Family Ties. IT is different. Lenny diddn't start out as a married couple, nor do they have kids. So it becomes absurd when you see Leonard burping like hes a middle aged man into his marrage. And the disgruntled wife, Ugh I am not dreaming anymore LOL. I mean I remember Season 6 Valentines Day episode. You could argue similar issues. Penny having fear, feeling directionless. Scared of loosing Leonard. While they are married now, and its different. The way they should write it, is not. Lenny actually communicated. And Penny was honest. And she diddn't have to have some fantasy to get their. And we diddn't need to see Leonard with his wife beater shirt on to get their too. Anyway I beleive this is a story arch, and well lead some where good. Probably with Penny getting a career change. Or Leonard being more romantic, or them going on a honeymoon e.t.c. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Made it to CA and was rewarded with a rainbow in SF.

In search of Lenny at the winery today.

Somewhere over the rainbow.

IMG_20170123_1542386_rewind_kindlephoto-346288498.jpg

Have a good time.  Are you going to be there till next weeks taping?

• Like 2

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic