[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:

It's why the slutshaming is so unfair. Since the bowling alley breakup, Penny has only been with Zac who, despite the accidental marriage, was never a serious option - early on she was trying to go back to "type" but he bored her then New Years was just to avoid being alone. Season 4 was really to show she only wanted Leonard and it hurt she didn't. Leonard, on the other hand, was the one with slutshaming tendencies, jumping at Dr Slutbunny first chance he could, then Joy, the old lady, Alice and sort of Mandy, with the real relationship with Priya in between that he launched into with instant sex that first night. Penny's joke persona is really so far removed from her reality of a very loyal partner who doubts compatibility but never love. When we get down in this thread from the snarky scenes we too easily forget the true story of Penny. She is, as we say in Australia, a shit stirrer, but the real love has never diminished.

( posted poolside in Vegasemoji16.png)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Itwas!  This post was quite exquisite.  What comes through in Mrs. Hofstadter's character is her goodness and inner beauty, despite the way in which other characters (especially one) may regard/speak about her.  Thank you again for saying this so marvelously.  Also, glad to hear you are still enjoying your trip and are still stateside!  Give our regards to Mrs. Itwas!!!!  Cheers!!

• Like 8

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Still got 4 weeks here - New York, DC, Orlando, New Orleans for JazzFest and returning to Hawaii to relive our honeymoon from 25 years ago! Where many have said Lenny should have gone for their Honeymoon. Again Leonard in the shade, Penny walking around or coming out of the pool or ocean ......for the fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a great time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5Mississippis said:

Agreed! It is so sexist. Penny gets slutshamed and even Dr Plimpton gets called 'Slutbunny' while Leonard admits to wanting to he a 'player' and gets clapped on the back for his sexual conquests. It's sex. Not love. A natural physical act. It's fun! You laugh, it feels good, and you make funny noises! Dr Plimpton just enjoyed it and Mrs Latham had mad skills. Whether you're male or female, as long as you're consenting adults, IMO, there should be no judgment, nothing perjorative attached. 

Of course remember Penny called him a slut, and had a good laugh, when Leonard made the walk of shame the next morning, so he didn't get completely off from his actions.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Earnie said:

best line in tonight's episode   Leonard to Penny relax I know you stop for a doughnut on your run Penny responds I don't run there I drive:icon_razz:

That was funny. :icon_cheesygrin:

lennydoughnut1020.gif.ca4d821c71bc7b2a94b9813fdf45e059.gif

• Like 9

2 hours ago, luminous said:

That and the last taping. Heading into the Season Finalie. IT is actually looking pretty positive for Lenny. Maybe their plot in the finalie well be akin to Penny's career. She get's an oppurtunity. And that well be the cliffhanger. Only two tapings to go now to end the season. So seems likely where all of this is heading. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Hardly any Lenny scenes but they were fine and the doughnut exchange was funny. They also didn't fight and she wanted him to come to her work event.I liked her in the laundry scene. I like her "I have learned" lines that we get here and there. IMO, going into details about the "God bless you" felt to me like she is portraying her "couldn't care less" attitude while simultaneuosly behaving more like her friends. It was kind of a Leonard monologue. If you change "I" and "you" by "you" (Penny) and "he" (Sheldon) it could have been Leonard telling Penny of a few years ago not to say "God bless you" to Sheldon. It reminds me of that disc scene where she said she wasn't interested but was actually interested. Penny has changed, not dramatically but still I think it is a change (and I like it).

I agree that the cliffhanger might be about her career. We'll have to wait and see. And then wait for months, ugggh.

Edited by bfm
Spelling
  • Like 5

Or Penny... lol

15 hours ago, 5Mississippis said:

Agreed! It is so sexist. Penny gets slutshamed and even Dr Plimpton gets called 'Slutbunny' while Leonard admits to wanting to he a 'player' and gets clapped on the back for his sexual conquests. It's sex. Not love. A natural physical act. It's fun! You laugh, it feels good, and you make funny noises! Dr Plimpton just enjoyed it and Mrs Latham had mad skills. Whether you're male or female, as long as you're consenting adults, IMO, there should be no judgment, nothing perjorative attached. 

In Cannon Leonard's more of a slut Then Penny is LOL. And that's fine. I wish the show would not be so sexist. Or one sided about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

A positive for Lenny is we didn't have to see Penny and Raj go to the ADD drug party together.

I was thankful for that not happening too, but I still didn't like her asking him, she should have asked Amy.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I was thankful for that not happening too, but I still didn't like her asking him, she should have asked Amy.  

Amy was working on her project. Raj was the only one available.

9 hours ago, luminous said:

I laughed too. Though her getting a doughnut without running or her getting a doughnut period probably isn't realistic.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Amy was working on her project. Raj was the only one available.

I laughed too. Though her getting a doughnut without running or her getting a doughnut period probably isn't realistic.

Didn't she tell Sheldon in a previous season that she likes to run a little while then stop to get a bearclaw?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Didn't she tell Sheldon in a previous season that she likes to run a little while then stop to get a bearclaw?

Yeah she did. Maybe she has slacked off running since she took up yoga and got busy with other life things

• Like 1

You know what could be a funny plot for them is Penny trying to get Leonard to exercise.  She can tell him now that she has married him, 'forever', he needs to make an effort to hang around because she doesn't want to start dating again when she is 50.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

You know what could be a funny plot for them is Penny trying to get Leonard to exercise.  She can tell him now that she has married him, 'forever', he needs to make an effort to hang around because she doesn't want to start dating again when she is 50.

I would like to see Leonard finding ways to improve her/their workout by using his physics knowledge, like finding something that help getting the lower back to 30 degrees (that the optimal angle for abs work). This could blend with your suggestion or with he could watch her and just throw in some tips, then she realizes his tips are awesome and gets him to help her optimizing her workouts all the time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I would like to see Leonard finding ways to improve her/their workout by using his physics knowledge, like finding something that help getting the lower back to 30 degrees (that the optimal angle for abs work). This could blend with your suggestion or with he could watch her and just throw in some tips, then she realizes his tips are awesome and gets him to help her optimizing her workouts all the time.

Would that be an earlier attempt to evaluate? :shy:

o_00294.gif.ba288ae0793623f6fdd83bc2592cbcff.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Would that be an earlier attempt to evaluate? :shy:

o_00294.gif.ba288ae0793623f6fdd83bc2592cbcff.gif

Lenny could create a sexual workout that targets the major muscle groups and maybe write a book about it:icon_razz:

• Like 7

What's wrong with Penny asking Raj to come? They are friends aren't they? I would be more worried if she diddn't ask him. Or Asked Raj first. Considering like Raj said it was a pity ask. Because she really wanted Leonard to come. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yes, you could see the disappointment on her face, when Leonard told her he couldn't come to the after work reception. She wanted to show off her hubbie. :shy: There was a nice husband and wife feel in the scenes with Leonard and Penny. A nice, comfortable, established relationship feel. :shy:

1020-sccr00001.jpg.5e8668288d40a2dff140f38101864ef4.jpg1020-sccro00002.jpg.b3cf4f746b0a2b98cb304126bb7dad95.jpg

She's looking sad to be honest, but she is also looking really great fashion wise in that plaid shirt, black trousers and gorgeous hair. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, luminous said:

Yes, you could see the disappointment on her face, when Leonard told her he couldn't come to the after work reception. She wanted to show off her hubbie. :shy: There was a nice husband and wife feel in the scenes with Leonard and Penny. A nice, comfortable, established relationship feel. :shy:

1020-sccr00001.jpg.5e8668288d40a2dff140f38101864ef4.jpg1020-sccro00002.jpg.b3cf4f746b0a2b98cb304126bb7dad95.jpg

Perfect @luminous !

• Like 4

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic