[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

So quiet here. I hope we have something good to talk about after the next episode.

But, whatever. This will always be my Leonard and Penny.

Lenny in bed.jpg

Well we already know the next episode, well be a good Lenny episode..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??) as many posters are concerning themselves with Sheldon & Amy and what will happen during their purported and reported separation and considering their "meant for each other" relationship.

The attraction/curiosity/deep friendship/love affair between Leonard & Penny is an amazing ting. Perhaps it lacks the "meeting of the minds" quality, but the pure love built from friendship trust and sharing on emotional level is to me, remarkable. In Beauty & the Beast, there is a duality presented in a song "Something There" where Belle and the Beast think about what is going on between them. That there is "something there". This of course went on between Penny & Leonard during Season 1. From The aired pilot (Episode 1.1) where Penny was anxious to learn about Leonard's whiteboard to The Luminous Fish Effect where they both were quick to assure Mrs Cooper that they were just friends to The Hamburger Postulate where Penny's jealousy over the quick moving relationship between Leonard & Leslie was evident to us viewers (her smile, visible to only us as she walked away is one of the best moments of the entire series) are all building blocks to The Middle Earth Paradigm. Here, as is apparently her history, Penny gets drunk and pretty much offers herself to Leonard. Fortunately, he gently turns her down in a "no. Not like this" way. This, again, is a beautiful, beautiful moment. Of course, this all happens in the first 6 episodes!

The building slows after this, but continues nevertheless. Trust, friendship and though denied by a frightened participant, love-deep, abiding and true results. It is a thing of beauty and despite the jokes and barbs presented by the present writers, it is there. It may not be as popular by later arrived fans, but it is there. It is true. It is what hooked me from that first series of "hi"'s delivered in a 4th floor hallway.

Thank you hokie for this great posting. :shy: I was about to retreat in a state of apathy in regards to Lenny. But you fully gave me back the passion and caring for this wonderful couple. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??) as many posters are concerning themselves with Sheldon & Amy and what will happen during their purported and reported separation and considering their "meant for each other" relationship.

The attraction/curiosity/deep friendship/love affair between Leonard & Penny is an amazing ting. Perhaps it lacks the "meeting of the minds" quality, but the pure love built from friendship trust and sharing on emotional level is to me, remarkable. In Beauty & the Beast, there is a duality presented in a song "Something There" where Belle and the Beast think about what is going on between them. That there is "something there". This of course went on between Penny & Leonard during Season 1. From The aired pilot (Episode 1.1) where Penny was anxious to learn about Leonard's whiteboard to The Luminous Fish Effect where they both were quick to assure Mrs Cooper that they were just friends to The Hamburger Postulate where Penny's jealousy over the quick moving relationship between Leonard & Leslie was evident to us viewers (her smile, visible to only us as she walked away is one of the best moments of the entire series) are all building blocks to The Middle Earth Paradigm. Here, as is apparently her history, Penny gets drunk and pretty much offers herself to Leonard. Fortunately, he gently turns her down in a "no. Not like this" way. This, again, is a beautiful, beautiful moment. Of course, this all happens in the first 6 episodes!

The building slows after this, but continues nevertheless. Trust, friendship and though denied by a frightened participant, love-deep, abiding and true results. It is a thing of beauty and despite the jokes and barbs presented by the present writers, it is there. It may not be as popular by later arrived fans, but it is there. It is true. It is what hooked me from that first series of "hi"'s delivered in a 4th floor hallway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way you are able to articulate  your love, appreciate and understanding of the Lenny and Penny dynamic once again brings tears to my eyes.  Beautiful post, Hokie!

Thanks. We needed that.:giverose:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Not to denigrate Sheldon/Amy, but seeing all the consideration being devoted on the other thread in their direction got me to thinking even more about L/P.  I wish today's writers would look back and see and more importantly, study the foundation for The Big Bang Theory.  The aching for each other that went on between these two is amazing.  Johnny G saying words to the effect that if they didn't end up together it would be a tragedy (this in an interviewat the end of the magnificent Season 6, included in the dvd) and Kaley C saying that Penny cannot picture herself with anyone else is the truth behind the characters.  Again writers, study their past.  Stop with the "he wore her down" lines.  She loved him early and they loved each other hard from the start.  There was always "something there"....... 

Yes!  This is so true.  And I must say that was a very thoughtful insight on your post. Great job!     Also, in that interview you mentioned from season 6 they both acknowledged that the "I Love You" scene was special to them as well as the story. I would imagine it was special because of their past history together.  But the scene was done in only one take and they both seem to be absorbed into their characters.  So, like you state hopefully there will be more scenes like this in the future episodes.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Lenny are a magnificent couple. 

Their build-up was incremental, each week we were privileged to witness one of their little discoveries about one another and how they both felt. With Leonard, who wore his heart on his sleeve, it was clear that his yearning was immediate. I rooted for him instantly but, like Leonard, I too thought he was fighting waaay above his weight class. But just a few shows in, The Hamburger Postulate, when Penny walked away smiling when she found out that Leslie and Leonard were no longer an item, I cheered. To me, that smile was proof positive of her true feelings. But then we were given the revelations about Penny: the commitment issues and, surprisingly, her insecurity about her intelligence which made her feel like she the one who was fighting above her weight class. And over the seasons, there were the little hesitant movements, the many failed moments, the tender gestures, but slowly, their relationship built and the jewel that is Lenny became beautifully polished. 

And here we are at season ten. IMO, TPTB have continually failed us for three seasons as Lenny have been horribly, shamefully minimized.  

It's dusty and forgotten by the writers but still the gem is there for those of us who can see and do remember. 

Nicely said 5Miss.  The present writers need to look back to see from whence we came.  There is plenty of history; plenty of love.  They need to get their heads out of Sheldon's a** and realize there is much more going on......

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Their build-up was incremental, each week we were privileged to witness one of their little discoveries about one another and how they both felt. With Leonard, who wore his heart on his sleeve, it was clear that his yearning was immediate. I rooted for him instantly but, like Leonard, I too thought he was fighting waaay above his weight class. But just a few shows in, The Hamburger Postulate, when Penny walked away smiling when she found out that Leslie and Leonard were no longer an item, I cheered. To me, that smile was proof positive of her true feelings. But then we were given the revelations about Penny: the commitment issues and, surprisingly, her insecurity about her intelligence which made her feel like she the one who was fighting above her weight class. And over the seasons, there were the little hesitant movements, the many failed moments, the tender gestures, but slowly, their relationship built and the jewel that is Lenny became beautifully polished. 

And here we are at season ten. IMO, TPTB have continually failed us for three seasons as Lenny have been horribly, shamefully minimized.  

It's dusty and forgotten by the writers but still the gem is there for those of us who can see and do remember. 

Really nicely written 5Miss.

Looking back at earlier seasons, it is really sad to see what the writers has done to Lenny this last three seasons.

They first got to know each other in the first two seasons, then got together in season three and spend most of the time in the bedroom. Brilliant written episodes compared to what has been written this season. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, 5Mississippis said:

A big yes to that! Thanks to all of you here, the memory of a loving and extremely funny development of Leonard and Penny remains unforgettable to me, too.
Last weekend I watched the second half of Season 6 once again and found a wonderful example for a meaningful use of a kitchen island (ok, sex doesn’t count  :icon_biggrin: ). Nevertheless, the chemistry of Lenny was immediately comprehensible, it was their own island! The look at this wonderful kitchen furniture with the present users is a disgrace and gives me headaches and acute abdominal pain. :icon_rolleyes:
This is just one tiny example to memorize the old days of, well, love and fun.

o_00312.gif.f21dce95527dcf6d7028646d0dd11ee6.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, veejay said:

A big yes to that! Thanks to all of you here, the memory of a loving and extremely funny development of Leonard and Penny remains unforgettable to me, too.
Last weekend I watched the second half of Season 6 once again and found a wonderful example for a meaningful use of a kitchen island (ok, sex doesn’t count  :icon_biggrin: ). Nevertheless, the chemistry of Lenny was immediately comprehensible, it was their own island! The look at this wonderful kitchen furniture with the present users is a disgrace and gives me headaches and acute abdominal pain. :icon_rolleyes:
This is just one tiny example to memorize the old days of, well, love and fun.

o_00312.gif.f21dce95527dcf6d7028646d0dd11ee6.gif

yes the scene where Penny bent over to tie her shoe to show she could help Leonard get tenure and I guess that story has been dropped because it has never be brought up again I guess we will never who got tenure

• Like 6

Wonderful posts guys! @hokie3457 yours was extra beautiful! 

I started watching TBBT very late and binged it all, sometimes a season in a week. While I liked the whole thing, what made me keep wanting to see more, to watch the next episode right after finishing one even if I had already watched 4 consequently, was Lenny. They drew me so hard. Since the very beginning it was clear to me that both are interested in one another and that they should be together. I can make many points to support my view, as I have done here and on other threads before, but today I'm gonna go with something equally strong: It just feels right.

• Like 9

What drew me to lenny the most, was the chemistry they had from the beginning, the instant bond and the way they seeked each other out and how much love they both had to give but were too scared to admit it. That's what made their love different from the other couples. The feelings of true love from day one. I just wish tptb find it in them to remember those feelings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 8

So the link to TVline which mirs posted on p 533 pf the DT uses a cute, if serious, picture of Lenny to promote e 23 and 24. This made me so happy (like 5Miss being thrilled that there was a Leonard and Penny Doug the Pug). It's nice to know that they are remembered now and again. Just realized that Luminous already posted this. But it deserves repeating!

New Lenny 10-23.png

Two Hearts.png

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 8

Am I the only one who have enjoyed Lenny this season? I mean yeah sure their have been some pretty bad episodes. But I guess their was alot of those in Season 3 too. I have enjoyed seeing them navigate married life this season.  I was just simply looking back to previous seasons. First Two Seasons were the best. But the moment they had sex, had a relationship. That is when they started writing them realistically. On and Off e.t.c. Then Marital Issues when they got married e.t.c. That was their appeal to me. Since Season 7. I think the show scrapped the whole "Leonard chases Penny, Leonard is the heroe" Dynamic. And gradually grew to "Guy supports the woman he loves unconditionally". To "Leonard is not the hero Penny thought he was, but loves him even more for it". It is just interesting how their relationship and dynamic has evolved through out the series. I think it is time TPTB dropped the Wore me down jokes. Becaue anyone who has watched this show since Season One. Heck just an episode. You can tell Penny while diddn't expect too, when she moved in. Is clearly in love with Leonard. And while those kinda gags ae funny at first, when they keep making them. It makes you wonder why. The narrative to me has always been "Penny falls for nerdy guy across the hall, who was always their for her, and was not like other guys". That is why Romance Recalibration was a OOC for Leonard. Heck even the recent episode. Leonard's comments were a tad OOC. Let's hope the season finalie taping sets a good tone for Lenny going into Season 11. I guess it did 9.24-10.01. But it wasen't consistent. My wish for Lenny in Season 11. Is they get them out of 4A, and give them some real plots. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Johnny G saying words to the effect that if they didn't end up together it would be a tragedy (this in an interviewat the end of the magnificent Season 6, included in the dvd) and Kaley C saying that Penny cannot picture herself with anyone else is the truth behind the characters.

But they don't write the scripts. Does anyone here still trust the writers at this point?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But they don't write the scripts. Does anyone here still trust the writers at this point?

In this thread? Probably not so much. I'm going to speak for myself but I think this is true for many here, as it appears from lots of posts on the thread: I believe that the writers CAN write good Lenny and good Lenny plots. I don't trust them to do so more than 2-3 times a year. (Not sure if it belongs to Shipping Lanes, but if I answer there it will loose context)

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

No.

Actually no one here, indeed.

o_00227.gif.6b9aa44f289872037ddf630459ff5f63.gif

...but we can catch a break ASAP to go apeist.

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic