[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

Tensor

On 5/26/2017 at 1:41 PM, veejay said:

Those were the days...

o_0042.gif.ee5ba83a70dcfa2607be747b80978120.gif

...really funny days.  :icon_cheesygrin:

LOL /sigh

I would so like to see Dr. Hofstadter walk in one morning to find his wife doing that, and just stopping and staring for a second, with a big smile on his face, before he walks up and dances with her, before, of course, Sheldon and Amy walk into the apartment.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, luminous said:

For someone who complains about Leonard's goofy double thumbs up, Penny does it herself quite often. :icon_wink: It's totally their thing. :icon_cheesygrin:

pennythumbsup0924.gif

pennythumbsup1002.gif.c412fe3692be5bccd48e5b5259a21ec2.gif

pennythumbsup1023.gif.b3928ed7158deb829ad58c0d3ea81b0d.gif

We know Penny, she poses as cool pretending some things are lame but she actually likes them :) (e.g., change maker, Euler's disc) 

• Like 6

I think she does it to poke fun at Leonard hahahaha. I don't think it's part of her characters mannierisms or anything. Often when I see her do it. It's too in a light hearted way tease Leonard. But I don't see enough evidence to support she does it regularly. Of course it is cute they both do it. But I was just explaining why Penny does it from my perspective.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think she does it to poke fun at Leonard hahahaha. I don't think it's part of her characters mannierisms or anything. Often when I see her do it. It's too in a light hearted way tease Leonard. But I don't see enough evidence to support she does it regularly. Of course it is cute they both do it. But I was just explaining why Penny does it from my perspective.

She does it when he is not around and not mentioned too. It is a new thing for both of them so of course we hadn't seen it a lot by now.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Glad you guys are keeping this thread alive. I refuse to participate in that other one. Random Lenny pic:

tna4z5zy.jpg.339ffb70a200ea83b2d5086a4fbbed2c.jpg

Hells, yeah! 

images-1.jpeg.c916d56d6903f2c22d5b9ec4048d8193.jpeg

Just like Schrodinger's Cat We're Alive! 

images-4.jpeg.5a8b00062483716b0de575bf4c6bbe0c.jpeg

And I think we're pretty fierce and fabulous too! 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, gsxdoug said:

Glad you guys are keeping this thread alive. I refuse to participate in that other one. Random Lenny pic:

tna4z5zy.jpg.339ffb70a200ea83b2d5086a4fbbed2c.jpg

That's the S7 finale, where Penny and Leonard as an established couple are walking away from Sheldon at the train station. What a great series TBBT would have been if it had ended there.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 1

Today I was watching "The Wheaton Recurrence" in local channel 33 (they give TBBT re-runs from 7 to 8 PM) and loved it . Lenny were soooo cute in it even if they end up apart. And whether Penny can admit to it or not, as a viewer I could still feel the love between them. They also showed "The Bon Voyage Reaction" and loved the scene when Leonard gives Penny the locket in her car at the airport. The only thing wrong with that scene was Sheldon's presence. Well.,. guess we can never really have it all, now can we?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Carlos said:

Today I was watching "The Wheaton Recurrence" in local channel 33 (they give TBBT re-runs from 7 to 8 PM) and loved it . Lenny were soooo cute in it even if they end up apart. And whether Penny can admit to it or not, as a viewer I could still feel the love between them. They also showed "The Bon Voyage Reaction" and loved the scene when Leonard gives Penny the locket in her car at the airport. The only thing wrong with that scene was Sheldon's presence. Well.,. guess we can never really have it all, now can we?

It is like the writers came up with this beautiful scene then they purposely ruined it.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments about a member of another ship
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Carlos said:

Yeah as disappointing as it was that she ended there relationship i always got the sense that it wasn't that she didn't love him just that she was scared to tell him in case what happened with other guys happens with Leonard.I also believe that was what she was trying to convey to him in the laundry room scene, that she loved him but was to scared to say it even though i think she knew he wouldn't do what the others did to her ,that fear that it could happen was what stopped her from saying it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

Yeah as disappointing as it was that she ended there relationship i always got the sense that it wasn't that she didn't love him just that she was scared to tell him in case what happened with other guys happens with Leonard.I also believe that was what she was trying to convey to him in the laundry room scene, that she loved him but was to scared to say it even though i think she knew he wouldn't do what the others did to her ,that fear that it could happen was what stopped her from saying it.

o_00276.gif.e1353bb2559f69daa1f3950ce8d81926.gif

And yes, Leonard. That was true for both of you. But unfortunately a lime wasn't available at this moment. :shy:

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Yeah, KC can do all that.

Edited by Tensor
Removed. Moment about other members opinions.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Yes   She had committment issues from the onset of their romance. Leonard was very different than any other guy she had dated. He didn't look at her as a fling but actually loved and cared about her and she just could not believe that someone would be that honest with her.  Also agree the Bon Voyage scene at the airport was totally unnecessary to have Sheldon there.  Understand this is a comedy first but this was an intimate moment between Penny and Leonard. If they had to include him in the scene they could have toned him down a little.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Yes   She had committment issues from the onset of their romance. Leonard was very different than any other guy she had dated. He didn't look at her as a fling but actually loved and cared about her and she just could not believe that someone would be that honest with her.  Also agree the Bon Voyage scene at the airport was totally unnecessary to have Sheldon there.  Understand this is a comedy first but this was an intimate moment between Penny and Leonard. If they had to include him in the scene they could have toned him down a little.

Yes, I hope they would have toned him down into inexistence (in that scene). He contributes nothing positive to it. He cheapens what ended up nevertheless being an amazingly touching scene. Furthermore, the supposed humor isn't such since the jokes are not even good. His comment about the locket being on sale is immaterial and mean. The reason I love this scene is that even if it has all that going against it is still manages to be amazing because of the palpable connection between Leonard and Penny. IMO the "I love you" in that scene is mesmerizing.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

Yes, I hope they would have toned him down into inexistence (in that scene). He contributes nothing positive to it. He cheapens what ended up nevertheless being an amazingly touching scene. Furthermore, the supposed humor isn't such since the jokes are not even good. His comment about the locket being on sale is immaterial and mean. The reason I love this scene is that even if it has all that going against it is still manages to be amazing because of the palpable connection between Leonard and Penny. IMO the "I love you" in that scene is mesmerizing.

That is one thing that really bothered me, the writers wrote that scene to belittle the gift of the locket, which belittled the whole scene some, but that was not enough for them, they wrote that scene again, in a following season where they belittled Penny's engagement ring, calling it a repurposed drill bit.  It is like the writers have a creepy jealousy of the Lenny relationship and look for any reason to put it down.

• Like 8

I just watched "The Bat Jar Conjecture". Leonard tells Penny she doesn't have to stay for the physics bowl but she says she thinks it's interesting. To me she is clearly lying and stays for Leonard. She falls asleep, like she does in "The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization", but in both she is there for him. We hadn't had the opporunity to see that in a long time but we did have her trying to get the name of his project right :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I just watched "The Bat Jar Conjecture". Leonard tells Penny she doesn't have to stay for the physics bowl but she says she thinks it's interesting. To me she is clearly lying and stays for Leonard. She falls asleep, like she does in "The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization", but in both she is there for him. We hadn't had the opporunity to see that in a long time but we did have her trying to get the name of his project right :)

Here we can recognize the difference in her understanding of Leonard pretty well.

o_00265.gif.4f535f5665c50ddb0274f0cb5c09fbda.gif

n_00409.gif.b0ad25fead03bc0c09270d0ec02c45e8.gif

:shy:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bfm said:

And this is a prime example of what a lot of us Lennies want, something very simple but apparently quite unattainable: for the real Lenny to be back. Except for several notable exceptions I don't think we've seen it for quite some time now. I would venture to say 2 or 3 seasons and counting...

• Like 6