[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

41 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I would love that!

Btw, I'd just like to say THANK YOU to everyone. This thread has been so wonderful for the past couple of weeks, full of nice memories, amazing fan art and beautiful gifs and pictures. We're awesome.

germany_group_hug.gif

We ARE awesome!!!

• Like 6

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

While to us hardcore shippers and lovers of these characters, things like this may seem a bit harsh, in the universe of TBBT this sort of thing is natural and shouldn't be a concern.  The snarkiness of characters is a Lorre staple and we see similar things between Howard and Bernadette and between Sheldon and Amy.  While we may not care about snippiness between the other couples, it can be painfull for us to see it between Penny and Leonard.  We just need to focus on the things we have been gushing over during the last week and remember sometimes it's just a laugh for a laugh's sake (although we don't have to like it all that much---I cringed when I read each of the highlited lines....).

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

While to us hardcore shippers and lovers of these characters, things like this may seem a bit harsh, in the universe of TBBT this sort of thing is natural and shouldn't be a concern.  The snarkiness of characters is a Lorre staple and we see similar things between Howard and Bernadette and between Sheldon and Amy.  While we may not care about snippiness between the other couples, it can be painfull for us to see it between Penny and Leonard.  We just need to focus on the things we have been gushing over during the last week and remember sometimes it's just a laugh for a laugh's sake (although we don't have to like it all that much---I cringed when I read each of the highlited lines....).

These characters have always been snarky or carrying out banter with each other, in the case of Leonard and Penny more or less since they met. I don't think marriage was ever going to change that it's who they are. I also don't think it bothers them much either, often you see Penny or Leonard made a comment that takes the piss out of the other and the other one has a sly grin on their face, I take it as a sign they enjoy the sparring. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Just their usual banter, I can't see what's so bad about it. :icon_cheesygrin:

I made absolutely no comment about the highlighted lines. I just asked what do you all think. :wink:

I have no problems with their banter, that's Lenny. Full disclosure, even Penny's snarkiness at times doesn't really bother me. It just has to stay within reason. :wink:

I'm just interested in your opinions. I think, it's not the Lennies, who read something into lines like that. :wink:

You have to hear what I say to my girlfriend (and she to me) sometimes. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I'm ok with a little zing here and there.  Not ok if it gets too harsh or too often. Then it's corrosive to the relationship. 

This doesn't sound bad and in good fun.

Yeah, I mean, at the end of the day they still love each other. Those remarks are harmless. They just try to be funny in front of their friends.

4 minutes ago, luminous said:

I made absolutely no comment about the highlighted lines. I just asked what do you all think. :wink:

I have no problems with their banter, that's Lenny. Full disclosure, even Penny's snarkiness at times doesn't really bother me. You mustn't extravagate. I'm just interested in your opinions. I think, it's not the Lennies, who read something into lines like that. :wink:

You have to hear what I say to my girlfriend (and she to me) sometimes. :icon_cheesygrin:

I know, I know. But some people already don't like it, that's why I put it this way.

And yeah, I say all kinds of mean things to my friends, but everyone knows it's just for laughs.

"Next scene (back at 4A) we see Sheldon stirring mix. Penny comes in and asks what he is doing and he says making lemon squares for Leonard. Penny asks if Leonard even likes those to which Sheldon says "I don't know but he is mad and I am mad so why not a crumming sour bar""

This part bothers me because this would have been a perfect Lenny scene but they ruined it with Sheldon.  Penny is feeling bad, because of the baby thing, she should be seeking out her husband for comfort, that is what earlier seasons Penny would do.  But what the writers are doing again is having her have scenes with Sheldon, like they have since season 8, instead of Leonard to push their idea of Sheldon being the main character and should get all extra screen time.  

This could have been a classic Lenny scene, Leonard walking into 4B to find Penny upset, going to her and her wrapping her arms around his neck and puting her head on his shoulder while he pulls her close.  She would tell him about Bernadette, he would convince her that Bernadette would get over it and then he would tell her how crazy Sheldon acted at their Air Force meeting, which would make her and everyone laugh, and she would hug and kiss him, telling him he always makes her feel better.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, luminous said:

Excerpts from @kerrycec03's taping report:

What do you think?

I'll say it's just old-couple comedy. Nothing to worry about ;):p

I'll add that by now we should all realise that it's just the way the writers perceive their relationship and it's just their way to add humor to their relationship.

Edited by Judith
I suck at smileys.
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Judith said:

I'll say it's just old-couple comedy. Nothing to worry about ;):p

I'll add that by now we should all realise that it's just the way the writers perceive their relationship and it's just their way to add humor to their relationship.

I suck at smileys.

I'll give you one. :shy:

• Like 1

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic