Jump to content

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10


Recommended Posts

Hopefully Leonard gets to do that again, in this susposed Re do. Which I think well happen. I meean, you don't have that many guest stars, all family members. For one episode, without being a special occasion. I mean have not seen Penny's mother and brother ever, and we know they are coming for the ceremony.So even if it takes a while to get their, I think Lenny well say I do again eventually. Maybe just not todays taping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Wow, there really doesn't seem to be much ship-y stuff so far this season. Then again at least that means our ships are safe. #silverlining 

Just like the good ol days :icon_razz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to @Denyy's taping report, Penny goes to a "party" with Amy thrown by Bert the geologist. After a talk about popular people at the university (obviously Sheldon is popular for dating Amy), Penny wants to know if Leonard is popular. Bert says that he's 'alright' and that Leonard is apparently just known for convincing a hot girl to marry him. That makes Penny happy and she says that she is that girl. And Leonard just wore her out.

 

 

Edited by luminous
corrected a mistake
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, luminous said:

According to @Denyy's taping report, Penny goes to a "party" with Amy thrown by Bert the geologist. After a talk about popular people at the university (obviously Amy is popular for dating Sheldon), Penny wants to know if Leonard is popular. Bert says that he's 'alright' and that Leonard is apparently just known for convincing a hot girl to marry him. That makes Penny happy and she says that she is that girl. And Leonard just wore her out.

 

 

I am sure that well get a response haha. But it is well IC. IT is a running gag Penny's commitment issues, And Leonard proposed alot of times. SO therefore Penny was worn down.  So woring her down makes sense, the comment. I agree with the whole degrading Leonard and his work is getting old. The rest of the guy's aren't all that better too. Yet his collegeges are bringing him down. OH he married a hot girl. Leonard caught a break in his love life, like to see him catch a break in his work.  This concept Sheldon is a rockstar of Physics. COnfuses me, not to get to OT. But Leonard went on a expedition funded by  Stephan Hawking. Wish the show would star to highlight Leonard, he is the true rockstar of the Physics Communtity, very least at Cal-Tech. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy that Penny is happy she's Leonard's girl. Not so happy about TPTB constantly telling us how un-special Leonard's work is. Can't the guy have ANY good things apart from Penny?

Hey Leonard is not supposed to catch a break. I mean this is the guy who worked with Stephen H and married a hot girl, most nerds dream. But he is just alright. Yeah right. Tptb. Really believable.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Hey Leonard is not supposed to catch a break.

Nope! That's Leonard's pattern. He can't catch a break with regard to his work. It gets old...but the writers adhere to that. :icon_rolleyes:

lennycannotcatchabreak.gif

On the bright side: Penny prepares breakfast for Leonard (and Amy for Sheldon). We see she's caring for her husband :shy:, because the time-consuming work on the guidance system could prevent that they see much of each other for a while.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Happy that Penny is happy she's Leonard's girl. Not so happy about TPTB constantly telling us how un-special Leonard's work is. Can't the guy have ANY good things apart from Penny?

Being reminded again that Leonard is so lucky to have Penny and that he is not as smart as Sheldon, is really getting old.  Also, this stuff about him wearing her down makes it seem that she settled for him, which is getting old.  The first three seasons never showed anything like that and the next three they both seemed on the same page, it is just seasons 7-9, when the show began its Shrldon promotion that they started belittling Leonard more and making the Lenny relationship more of a joke.  It is almost like watching a different show the last couple of seasons with Lenny, why can't we have some of the magic back.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, luminous said:

Nope! That's Leonard's pattern. He can't catch a break with regard to his work. It gets old...but the writers adhere to that. :icon_rolleyes:

lennycannotcatchabreak.gif

On the bright side: Penny prepares breakfast for Leonard (and Amy for Sheldon). We see she's caring for her husband :shy:, because the time-consuming work on the guidance system could prevent that they see much of each other for a while.

Oh I'm sure they will spend the little time they have with lots of enjoyable things.

11 p.m. Penny hears some noises coming from her living room.

Penny: Leonard?

Leonard: Sorry, hon it didn't want to wake you.

Penny: No, you didn't. I've been waiting for you.

Leonard: That's nice, but you shouldn't have.

He walks into the bedroom.

Leonard: I'm so tired all I want is to sleep next to my girl.

Penny turns in the light on her nightstand. She raises the blanket, showing Leonard her naked body. Leonard's eyes widen.

Penny: Are you sure you want to sleep?

Leonard: In the other hand sleep is overestimated. 

Leonard rips off his clothes, jumps on the bed, and crawls under the blanket. 

The rest is up to your fantasy. :wink:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Being reminded again that Leonard is so lucky to have Penny and that he is not as smart as Sheldon, is really getting old.  Also, this stuff about him wearing her down makes it seem that she settled for him, which is getting old.  The first three seasons never showed anything like that and the next three they both seemed on the same page, it is just seasons 7-9, when the show began its Shrldon promotion that they started belittling Leonard more and making the Lenny relationship more of a joke.  It is almost like watching a different show the last couple of seasons with Lenny, why can't we have some of the magic back.

Yeah not sure about that, Penny or the writers constantly in S3 eluded to the fact Penny was settling for Leonard. The whole what 6 years experiement.  The whole in Creepy Candy Coating S3, Leonard was like I can't beleive where going out. Raj was basically the audience, No one can bro, And it seems that is still the general attitude towards Leonard. Even now they are married, it is kinda absurd.  But I guess from a shipper pov, maybe bothered by that line. But to me it is just a long running gag. Leonard proposed a ton of times, Penny was finnaly worn down. They do it for comedy, now ppl are entitled to not like it, but at least they are consistent. I thought S9 was great for Lenny, but that is just me. I don't always expect butterfly's and rainbows with Lenny, that is not why I shipped them, they are very realistic. Because of that, its not always gonna be feels. I see your point though. The whole degrading of Leonard is getting old. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I am sure that well get a response haha. But it is well IC. IT is a running gag Penny's commitment issues, And Leonard proposed alot of times. SO therefore Penny was worn down.  So woring her down makes sense, the comment. I agree with the whole degrading Leonard and his work is getting old. The rest of the guy's aren't all that better too. Yet his collegeges are bringing him down. OH he married a hot girl. Leonard caught a break in his love life, like to see him catch a break in his work.  This concept Sheldon is a rockstar of Physics. COnfuses me, not to get to OT. But Leonard went on a expedition funded by  Stephan Hawking. Wish the show would star to highlight Leonard, he is the true rockstar of the Physics Communtity, very least at Cal-Tech. 

It is a running gag, yes, but it has got nothing to do with commitment issues, not to mention that she doesn't have commitment issues anymore (they're married :icon_rolleyes:). They're all just making fun of Leonard whenever the subject comes up, like in 8.07 with Lorvis. They say things like "Implacable, relentless badgering" blah blah, but everyone knows that's not the reason why they're married. Yes, even Sheldon knows. I feel like some people are taking these jokes way too seriously.

Anyway, I love that the girls made breakfast for the guys. So sweet. :icon_redface: I'm pretty sure the guys would've done the same thing.

34 minutes ago, luminous said:

Finished a new drawing. It's in the Fan Art thread.

Please have a look. :shy:

Beautiful drawing. I love the season 6 photoshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I have never, nor will I ever believe that Penny settled for Leonard. The woman wasn't exactly ignored by men all those years. She could've had any guy she wanted. Her heart chose Leonard. And for all those times the show made fun of how very lucky Leonard is to have Penny, it also continuously highlights - and in a much more serious way - that Penny thinks she's the lucky one because she thinks Leonard is too good for her

I couldn't agree with you more. :yes:

pennywakeupleaveme.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gag about him grinding her down is probably true, it wasn't an easy chase with them having some rough moments as well as good moments between them. They both had some insecurities at first with Penny thinking he was too smart to be with her and him thinking she was too pretty to be with him but I think they are pretty much over that now or they bloody well should be.

I am no Lenny shipper but I do genuinely believe they love each other, that they are right for each other and it wasn't a case whatsoever of them settling/giving in or taking an easy option. Ignore the gags, writers put them out there as it's cheap humor for the majority target audience that has no real affiliation or shipping bias. As long as they are together and happy that's all that matters, all IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, luminous said:

I couldn't agree with you more. :yes:

pennywakeupleaveme.gif

I would've never thought Penny would ever say that. It was pretty obvious she felt this way, but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luminous said:

According to @Denyy's taping report, Penny goes to a "party" with Amy thrown by Bert the geologist. After a talk about popular people at the university (obviously Amy is popular for dating Sheldon), Penny wants to know if Leonard is popular. Bert says that he's 'alright' and that Leonard is apparently just known for convincing a hot girl to marry him. That makes Penny happy and she says that she is that girl. And Leonard just wore her out.

 

 

Denny  reports  that Bert said Sheldon is popular because he's dating Amy. So, according to Bert, both Leonard and Sheldon get some status because of the hot or popular girl they are with. Bert was flattering to both girls. I'd be surprised if he started gushing about what a smart and wonderful guy Leonard is. Penny jokes about Leonard wearing her down, but she has me convinced that she is thrilled to be with him in the S9 finale. I thought she was radient with love for Leonard and he doesn't seem at all upset after his toast when she jokes,"Thanks for asking until I did." 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I have never, nor will I ever believe that Penny settled for Leonard. The woman wasn't exactly ignored by men all those years. She could've had any guy she wanted. Her heart chose Leonard. And for all those times the show made fun of how very lucky Leonard is to have Penny, it also continuously highlights - and in a much more serious way - that Penny thinks she's the lucky one because she thinks Leonard is too good for her

One thousand likes No Regrets.  So very well put!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Denny  reports  that Bert said Sheldon is popular because he's dating Amy.

Oops! You're right. My bad! :icon_redface:

43 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Penny jokes about Leonard wearing her down, but she has me convinced that she is thrilled to be with him in the S9 finale. I thought she was radient with love for Leonard and he doesn't seem at all upset after his toast when she jokes,"Thanks for asking until I did." 

This "wearing her down" line is nothing more than another of these cheap jokes, we should have got used to by now. It's nothing new in the world of TBBT. The writers determine something (e.g. Leonard and Penny are in love) and then they let the characters make jokes about it here and there, but in the end it changes nothing at the determination.

It's really nothing to worry about, even from the shipper point of view. These jokes are just dull, because they are really getting old IMO. *yawn*

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

The gag about him grinding her down is probably true, it wasn't an easy chase with them having some rough moments as well as good moments between them. They both had some insecurities at first with Penny thinking he was too smart to be with her and him thinking she was too pretty to be with him but I think they are pretty much over that now or they bloody well should be.

I am no Lenny shipper but I do genuinely believe they love each other, that they are right for each other and it wasn't a case whatsoever of them settling/giving in or taking an easy option. Ignore the gags, writers put them out there as it's cheap humor for the majority target audience that has no real affiliation or shipping bias. As long as they are together and happy that's all that matters, all IMO.

Thanks for that post. Completely agree. They don't write for those die-hard shippers. Their target audience are people who get home from work and wanna be entertained for a bit. Sometimes you get so invested in these characters that you lose sight of that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a thing I like between these two is, whenever there's an episode without much focus on the couples, they still talk a lot about each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I would've never thought Penny would ever say that. It was pretty obvious she felt this way, but yeah.

 

39 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Denny  reports  that Bert said Sheldon is popular because he's dating Amy. So, according to Bert, both Leonard and Sheldon get some status because of the hot or popular girl they are with. Bert was flattering to both girls. I'd be surprised if he started gushing about what a smart and wonderful guy Leonard is. Penny jokes about Leonard wearing her down, but she has me convinced that she is thrilled to be with him in the S9 finale. I thought she was radient with love for Leonard and he doesn't seem at all upset after his toast when she jokes,"Thanks for asking until I did." 

I think there is a running joke with them.  The "thanks for asking until I did" is right in line with "next time I'll marry for love.  Or money."  When she knew at that time, she would probably be marring Dr. H.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.