[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

I'm just catching up on things and I don't normally comment here but to all you Lennys ... sorry that Sheldon is IN the wedding... literally. Let's hope it comes out lighter on screen and funnier.  :umbrage:

This desire by the writers to hit it home that 'three's company' is getting old. We get it... anyway.

Hope the episode is mostly what you have waited for.:girlwink: 

• Like 8

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

7 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I'm just catching up on things and I don't normally comment here but to all you Lennys ... sorry that Sheldon is IN the wedding... literally. Let's hope it comes out lighter on screen and funnier.  :umbrage:

This desire by the writers to hit it home that 'three's company' is getting old. We get it... anyway.

Hope the episode is mostly what you have waited for.:girlwink: 

Thank you! Much appreciated. :shy: I agree that they need to let go of the trio and adjust the show to the fact that Lenny are married.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Vacationing at the beach in Leonard's home state which always makes me happy and have been humming and smiling like a fool since I read the TR around 4am. Love reading so many happy, joyous reactions from so many Lennys(even Nograv isn't grumpy or feeling plaid)  and hearing from folks who haven't been around for awhile. When these two make each other smile, they make me smile!:sungum:

^^^^^

My quote function is going kablooey and I find that I can only quote Strawberry's post from yesterday! 

I just wanted to say that I think Leonard looks totally adorable in that scene! 

So ... Strawberry! You're in Jersey! Very close to moi -- if in the southern environs!

Edited by 5Mississippis
  • Like 2

After reading some comments in the discussion thread I begin to have second thoughts regarding this "other/weird husband" line from Bernie. I was so happy with the taping report and I grinned like a cheshire cat that I was willing let this line slip, since Sheldon is expressing something positive to Lenny. But now this line could be that one little fault that has the makings to spoil my enjoyment of the episode, despite all the Lenny sweetness. How will Bernie say it? Is this line not disrespectful towards Leonard? What must he think, that Sheldon is also called "husband"? I know it's a joke. But the more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I begin to feel with that joke.

A then...a group hug instead of a Lenny kiss at the end of the ceremony.

Maybe someone can help me to get back on the happy trail. I want my cheerfulness back from the taping day.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, luminous said:

After reading some comments in the discussion thread I begin to have second thoughts regarding this "other/weird husband" line from Bernie. I was so happy with the taping report and I grinned like a cheshire cat that I was willing let this line slip, since Sheldon is expressing something positive to Lenny. But now this line could be that one little fault that has the makings to spoil my enjoyment of the episode, despite all the Lenny sweetness. How will Bernie say it? Is this line not disrespectful towards Leonard? What must he think, that Sheldon is also called "husband"? I know it's a joke. But the more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I begin to feel with that joke.

Maybe someone can help me to get back on the happy trail. I want my cheerfulness back from the taping day.

20 bucks that Bernie will say it in a confused/annoyed way. They've done the trio joke for years. Sheldon's been everything: their kid, their dog, now their threesome-buddy, apparently. It's just another meaningless joke because let's be real, these writers are running out of ideas to make the trio believable. 

Lenny say "I do" to each other for the second time. That's pretty fucking amazing and no matter how much Sheldon they're trying to throw in our faces, he'll never be a part of Leonard and Penny's marriage. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

20 bucks that Bernie will say it in a confused/annoyed way. They've done the trio joke for years. Sheldon's been everything: their kid, their dog, now their threesome-buddy, apparently. It's just another meaningless joke because let's be real, these writers are running out of ideas to make the trio believable. 

Lenny say "I do" to each other for the second time. That's pretty fucking amazing and no matter how much Sheldon they're trying to throw in our faces, he'll never be a part of Leonard and Penny's marriage. 

OK, that actually already helped a lot. Thank you! :shy:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, luminous said:

Before you assume anything, have you ever heard of Schroedinger's cat?
I’m sure you know the answer. :shy:

• Like 2

If you really think about it, Penny's been married to Leonard for a year now and when offered the chance she married him again she did it without reservation.  The sweet vows, we've been told they say in the TR, only confirm these two people are very much in love any want each other.  Also, as a side note, Howard and Bernadette may have had a fancier wedding, but they didn't have a sweet redo a year later, so I thing Lenny is now ahead.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, veejay said:

Before you assume anything, have you ever heard of Schroedinger's cat?
I’m sure you know the answer. :shy:

Yeah, I know. :shy:

It's just that sometimes I read something and I begin to overthink and start to read something into lame jokes. I guess I'm like Leonard at times. :icon_cheesygrin:

I think, with this redo ceremony the bond between Lenny is stronger than ever. And no matter what Sheldon will do, it cannot change the fact that the cat is as alive as never before. :shy:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Also, CBS aired The Convergence Convergence last night.  The younger Dr. & Mrs. Hofstadter were so into each other, into their marriage, Penny wanting to have a re-do (partly) to help Leonard's relationship with his mother......They are in it for keeps.  As much as I can't stand the fact that Sheldon needs to be in nearly every scene and TBBT theory now seems to revolve around him (grrrrr.....) the facts of the love between Penny and Leonard help me through that stupid line meant for comedic purposes...... 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yeah, I know. :shy:

It's just that sometimes I read something and I begin to overthink and start to read something into lame jokes. I guess I'm like Leonard at times. :icon_cheesygrin:

I think, with this redo ceremony the bond between Lenny is stronger than ever. And no matter what Sheldon will do, it cannot change the fact that the cat is as alive as never before. :shy:

n_00133.gif

:paint:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, luminous said:

BTW. I'm sorry, if I did something wrong. But seeing that my postings today hardly get a positive resonance make me think so.

Don’t worry. Let’s go watching the episode before we put our final judgment in.

"All right, the cat's alive."  :shy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

This is the episode with one of the top 5 TBBT lines of all time:  "Isn't this where he says 'bazooka' or something?"!!!

It's also the episode when each admits they are afraid about getting married and Leonard comforts Penny with "I want to hold your hand and do it with you." The man has such a way with words.:girlinlove:

Seems like they are holding hands and doing it together. :firstmove:

Sometimes their friend is also there with them:party:

What can we do?

• Like 7

To quote German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche. : “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.”

Lenny and Lennies have been through much worse than a "Shennyard" hug at the end of a very positive redo experience. Don't let a 2 second line ruin the experience of a "wedding" we wanted. Think happy thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I read a BBT fanfiction  story in which Leonard and Penny buy a house and secretly move out and not tell any body in the group in order to avoid dealing with Sheldon wish I could remember the name of the story if the writers want to do that that could be a funny way to deal with the living arrangements :icon_razz:

25 minutes ago, Earnie said:

I read a BBT fanfiction  story in which Leonard and Penny buy a house and secretly move out and not tell any body in the group in order to avoid dealing with Sheldon wish I could remember the name of the story if the writers want to do that that could be a funny way to deal with the living arrangements :icon_razz:

It was called The Roommate Dematerialization.   Ask me how I know that.... :shy:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It was called The Roommate Dematerialization.   Ask me how I know that.... :shy:

you wrote it i am right:icon_razz: well if the writers use that idea they need to send you a check

• Like 1

Shenny is a thought experiment. Leonard and Penny are the verifiable observations. Our guys are fine. They are just not the headline act. That's Sheldon, all by himself - not even the Shamy gets the spotlight over Sheldon.  Regardless of how egregiously - or perversely - the show might be messing about with Leonard and Penny, they are a lock. And that's why the show messes with them. They need something other than unicorns vomiting rainbows. Still, I could do with more Leonard and Penny stories - rather than just watching L/P as a supporting act or catalyst.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, veejay said:

Don’t worry. Let’s go watching the episode before we put our final judgment in.

"All right, the cat's alive."  :shy:

I agree there is no need to worry before we watched the episode. Also remember that it is still a sit-com show, some lines are put in just for laugher 

• Like 2

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic