[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

10 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I just love Penny's hair at the moment.  I have to admit that I'm a sucker for girls with long curly hair. :icon_cheesygrin:

I really liked her hair from last season, as it got well past the "pixie" length. However so far this season it is looking very nice long again. I think the hair ties she has in the picture you posted here luminous is very cute and different (although, what do I know about women's hair styles? Nothing!)

• Like 5

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say you want a Lenny Revolution ... Well, you know ... We all want to change the show ... You tell me that it's evolution ... Well, you know ... We all don't want the Shel

I've thinking a lot about Penny & Leonard over the last few days (okay. Full disclosure: I spend wayyyy too much time thinking about Leonard & Penny, but that's why I'm here, isn't it???!!??)

Yes on my way back in my Uber. When my head stops spinning, I'll be back! Loonngg day! But bloody fantastic experience Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Thinking about last night's he wore me down comment by Penny. This time it seemed she was very happy that Leonard never gave up in his pursuit of the girl of his dreams. And she seemed proud that she was what made Leonard noticed at the university. In other words, she was happy to be Mrs Hofstadter. So instead of upsetting me with this line, as it has in the past, it sort of made me smile.

• Like 7

Here is a little gif(t) as a reminder of the upcoming episode and as a means to enhance the anticipation of the next step forward for Lenny (and I do hope this change will remain permanently). :shy:

01p.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 7

Just now, 4everlenny said:

Thinking about last night's he wore me down comment by Penny. This time it seemed she was very happy that Leonard never gave up in his pursuit of the girl of his dreams. And she seemed proud that she was what made Leonard noticed at the university. In other words, she was happy to be Mrs Hofstadter. So instead of upsetting me with this line, as it has in the past, it sort of made me smile.

Yeah. She did say it with a big smile on her face so I would say that she was just joking.

I don't see anything bad in that line at all,and I think that we're sometimes overthinking things that happen on the show. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

Yeah. She did say it with a big smile on her face so I would say that she was just joking.

I don't see anything bad in that line at all,and I think that we're sometimes overthinking things that happen on the show. 

I already said it in the episode thread, that I had no problem with this line and that it actually educed a smile from me, when I saw and heard it the way Penny delivered it.

Nobody can persuade me to believe that the things Penny said regarding her love for Leonard and that he makes her incredibly happy (as seen in 10x01) are not true. No freaking way!!!

Edited by luminous
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, luminous said:

I REALLY can't wait to see the Lenny dance in 10x04! :icon_biggrin:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-4-Photos-The-Cohabitation-Experimentation-01.jpg

Source: CBS

Looking at this makes me think it would be really cute if once in a while Penny was shown wearing one of Leonard's T-shirts.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Here is a little gif(t) as a reminder of the upcoming episode and as a means to enhance the anticipation of the next step forward for Lenny (and I do hope this change will remain permanently). :shy:

01p.gif

I like Pennys fashion style,she been showing lately. The tight tank-tops from earlier seasons are long gone and she doesn't need to show off her body anymore. 

• Like 1

I like Pennys fashion style,she been showing lately. The tight tank-tops from earlier seasons are long gone and she doesn't need to show off her body anymore. 

a63a62ed8f511d37359697b2574cd82e.jpg

But I sure like her showing off those arms....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

a63a62ed8f511d37359697b2574cd82e.jpg

But I sure like her showing off those arms....

Unfortunately the pic isn't showing.

Maybe you wanted to post this pic? This is showing off her arms pretty good. :shy:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-4-Photos-The-Cohabitation-Experimentation-07.jpg

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, luminous said:

Maybe you wanted to post this pic? This is showing off her arms pretty good. :shy:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-4-Photos-The-Cohabitation-Experimentation-07.jpg

…ok, I’m not hokie but I like to say…

n_000237.gif

:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Totally agree. Also, I think this scene kinda sums it up nicely:

Penny: Obviously, I have some commitment issues.

Leonard: Glaringly obvious. Go on.

Penny: As long as things keep going great between us, you’ll keep asking me to marry you, and eventually I’m gonna end up saying yes, and then we’re gonna be married forever, and the whole thing just freaks me out.

Leonard: Okay. I know I propose a lot. So how about this? I promise I will never ask you to marry me again.

Penny: What, what do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?

As soon as Leonard basically says he'll stop trying to "wear her down", she's instantly terrified. She loves that he wore her down, she loves that he was persistent and didn't give up on her even though he had many chances to do so. Things were never easy between them, it's always been complicated, but they've made it and said "I do" to each other twice. In my book, things are pretty darn great apart from the fact that I wish they had more storylines together.

I choose to interpret Penny's "wore me down" refrain the same way. It's clarified beyond a doubt for me the night before the renewal of vows with Leonard's toasts when he thanks Penny for marrying him and she replies "Thanks for asking until I did." For me It is both a running  joke and it is also a truth of their story. He did wear her down in that his love didn't end even when he tried to forget her when he was in other relatipnships and she was always missing him when he wasn't with her . 

I don't remember ever seeing Leonard upset when Penny teases about this "truth" of their :firstmove: history and I totally loved the keeping score of proposals in the Prof.  Proton 's wake episode. It's been a running joke for so long and goes way back to Sheldon's " You're not done with her yet, are you?"

I'll also stretch it and say that Leonard doesn't give a dam if Penny says he wore her down and makes it sound like she has the upper hand.He seems happy and secure that she returns the love and devotion he feels for her.:firstmove:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

Totally agree. Also, I think this scene kinda sums it up nicely:

Penny: Obviously, I have some commitment issues.

Leonard: Glaringly obvious. Go on.

Penny: As long as things keep going great between us, you’ll keep asking me to marry you, and eventually I’m gonna end up saying yes, and then we’re gonna be married forever, and the whole thing just freaks me out.

Leonard: Okay. I know I propose a lot. So how about this? I promise I will never ask you to marry me again.

Penny: What, what do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?

As soon as Leonard basically says he'll stop trying to "wear her down", she's instantly terrified. She loves that he wore her down, she loves that he was persistent and didn't give up on her even though he had many chances to do so. Things were never easy between them, it's always been complicated, but they've made it and said "I do" to each other twice. In my book, things are pretty darn great apart from the fact that I wish they had more storylines together.

Fantastic post No Regrets!  This is one of the seminal moments of the Leonard & Penny romance.  To me this even tops "you know I love you, so will you relax, you're driving me crazy!" because she is saying so much here.  1.  Things "keep going great between us." With the "I love you finally out", they are on equal footing in a committed relationship (despite her issues!)  2.  "eventually I'm gonna end up saying yes." Right there! Right there Dr. Hofstadter! She is saying by implication what she finally says out loud in Episode 7.23:  "yes. I will marry you"; and lastly probably the most telling and really lovely thing: 3. "What, what do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?".  One of the things that contributes to her commitment issues is the act of putting her heart in someone else's hands. She hinted to Wil Wheaton that she let out the "I love you" in another relationship too early and it did not have good results for her.  She has committed to Leonard, whom we know she has loved since at least Episode 2.24 ("It means I wish you weren't going").  And things are going perfectly. Here he tells her he will "never ask you to marry me again".  The panic that Kaley puts into Penny's voice after Johnny delivers Leonard's line here is just perfect.  She is completely vulnerable, perhaps for the first time in front of Leonard (at least where her vulnerability concerns him) and it says it all.  This scene is why Season 6 is my favorite!  Thanks No Regrets!!!

• Like 9

I hope this farewell scene is the beginning of a permanent change of the living arrangements after the end of the experiment. According to the taping report for 10x04 Lenny immediately begin to cheer when they are alone in 4A. So obviously they are happy with the change of the la's. And Lenny helping and giving advice to Shamy to keep up the experiment in 10x05 is another indicator, that Lenny want the la change to be permanent. So, a return to the pre-experimentation status would be a massive disappointment for them. Tonight's taping should provide further answers in that case.

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-4-Photos-The-Cohabitation-Experimentation-3.jpg

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, luminous said:

That is the one!!!!

Just now, hokie3457 said:

That is the one!!!!

Also, isn't it great how the green throw pillow matches the mug?  (admit it, you all noticed that!!!).

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

LOL! Something about the way they're both standing there with their hands in their pockets and the non existent height difference just made me laugh. They're so cute. 

Yes!  The same stance, each against the door jamb; each with one foot crossed over the other.  Both thinking "are they going to leave soon, or what???".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Another little observation of this gorgeous pic, when did Penny start drinking tea ? , in previous episodes she's been drinking lots of coffee

3 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Another little observation of this gorgeous pic, when did Penny start drinking tea ? , in previous episodes she's been drinking lots of coffee

What?  What did you say?  I was distracted by the arms......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

What?  What did you say?  I was distracted by the arms......

I totally understand that, Penny/Kaley looks really fit.  Off-topic:  I do think that Penny/Kaley has more arm muscles than me 

• Like 2

Just now, Lagernisse said:

I totally understand that, Penny/Kaley looks really fit.  Off-topic:  I do think that Penny/Kaley has more arm muscles than me 

She could SO take me in an arm wrestling contest.....

• Like 2

• Tripper pinned and unpinned this topic