The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

4 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

He's her babe!

From the shipper's point of view that was the highlight of the episode IMO. I'm already focusing on episode 10x06. :icon_wink:

• Like 3

Pffffft. Hated it. The sweet Lenny in the beginning was undone by Penny's bitching. 

Only liked Mr Lorre's Vanity Card and his Prayer for America which I totally agree. Amen, brother. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Pffffft. Hated it. The sweet Lenny in the beginning was undone by Penny's bitching. 

Only liked Mr Lorre's Vanity Card and his Prayer for America which I totally agree. Amen, brother. 

Yes 5Miss!  I've only watched it once (I may look again, just to get details, but I'm not sure....), but thinking about it, what purpose did it serve to give the Penny character lines that had her complaining about the way her husband was always looking at her approvingly? They did not need to have her stand in solidarity with Sheldon's complaints about Amy.  Her purpose here was what she eventually did: find a way to have Sheldon reconsider certain things to move his relationship with Amy along.  The complaining about Leonard was pointless, unnecessary and I believe, not true to Penny's character.  They should have left that portion out.  As I said in the Season 10 thread, this was a totally  unnecessary episode that did nothing other than give us another reason to say "Oh poor Sheldon" (for now on "OPS").  However (and off topic for this thread), the Howard/Bernadette scenes were for me nicely done..... 

• Like 6

If you look at the episode something comes very noticeable in it, Sheldon complains about Amy, Penny complains about Leonard, Amy talks about her problems with Leonard, and Leonard just tries his best to help.  Is this what the writers want us to understand about Lenny, Penny is bitchy about their marriage and Leonard loves her so much that he doesn't talk about her behind her back, just accepts her for who she is?  Because Penny's complaining about Leonard to Sheldon is getting old and is very OOC for the character, someone who in the past put walls up to Leonard about her feelings but now seems to tell her wacky friend everything.  It acts out like a bad Shenny fan fiction.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

If you look at the episode something comes very noticeable in it, Sheldon complains about Amy, Penny complains about Leonard, Amy talks about her problems with Leonard, and Leonard just tries his best to help.  Is this what the writers want us to understand about Lenny, Penny is bitchy about their marriage and Leonard loves her so much that he doesn't talk about her behind her back, just accepts her for who she is?  Because Penny's complaining about Leonard to Sheldon is getting old and is very OOC for the character, someone who in the past put walls up to Leonard about her feelings but now seems to tell her wacky friend everything.  It acts out like a bad Shenny fan fiction.

Yes. SRAM. This was a very poor outing.  I would not have thought I would hear Penny complain about Leonard in the way she did in this episode.  After last week's episode we had much to hope for here.....We shall stay tuned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes 5Miss!  I've only watched it once (I may look again, just to get details, but I'm not sure....), but thinking about it, what purpose did it serve to give the Penny character lines that had her complaining about the way her husband was always looking at her approvingly? They did not need to have her stand in solidarity with Sheldon's complaints about Amy.  Her purpose here was what she eventually did: find a way to have Sheldon reconsider certain things to move his relationship with Amy along.  The complaining about Leonard was pointless, unnecessary and I believe, not true to Penny's character.  They should have left that portion out.  As I said in the Season 10 thread, this was a totally  unnecessary episode that did nothing other than give us another reason to say "Oh poor Sheldon" (for now on "OPS").  However (and off topic for this thread), the Howard/Bernadette scenes were for me nicely done..... 

After watching the episode again I must say, that I have to agree here. Penny's complaining in the car was REALLY annoying I watched it a second time.

leonardbitch0616.gif

Serial Ape-ist Comic Con...I set my hope on you.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 7

I feel a little better now that i know I'm not the only one that feels this way

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Penny is not obligated to love everything about Leonard. Nobody is perfect and it's completely fine to complain about things that annoy you. Yes, in Leonard's eyes, Penny is perfect. Penny doesn't think that way, but that doesn't bother me (and more importantly it doesn't bother Leonard).

With all justified criticism, what I also get from this episode is, that it's obvious that Leonard and Penny don't want to go back to the status of the living arrangements before the experiment.

lennywanthimback1005.gif

24 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but it seems it wasn't anything for us Lennies. 

Well, the Lenny fist bump on the sofa in the beginning and Penny saying "Yeah, you tell 'em babe" was nice IMO.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

With all justified criticism, what I also get from this episode is, that it's obvious that Leonard and Penny don't want to go back to the status of the living arrangements before the experiment.

I totally agree!

01.gif

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, luminous said:

lennywanthimback1005.gif

Well, the Lenny fist bump on the sofa in the beginning and Penny saying "Yeah, you tell 'em babe" was nice IMO.

That is the redeeming part of the episode for me, yes Penny gave us another bitching scene about Leonard, but the rest of the episode they both seemed in sync about them both preserving their new freedom from Sheldon.  So I guess you have to decide if her complaining about Leonard for a small part of the car scene overshadows the rest of the episode where they seem to on the same page and acting like a married couple trying to help their friends and wanting to keep their privacy.  Sometimes I think the writers can't help putting Leonard down, for years they had Sheldon putting Leonard down, so now they have transferred some of that to Penny.

• Like 2

No context needed. :shy:

08.gif

LOL

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

I'm not a Penny apologist and there have been months at a time when I won't speak to her when I think she was mean or hurtful to The PopTart, BUT, I got the sense that she was over-exaggerating her complaints about Leonard as a way to empathize with the crazy new neighbor. Kind of a , "Yeah., We all go through that kind of stuff when we first live with a SO. So, you aren't alone and it's not really a big deal."

And, he does think she's perfect. And I love that about him.

God what is wrong with me..gifNothing. You"re perfect.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I'm not a Penny apologist and there have been months at a time when I won't speak to her when I think she was mean or hurtful to The PopTart, BUT, I got the sense that she was over-exaggerating her complaints about Leonard as a way to empathize with the crazy new neighbor. Kind of a , "Yeah., We all go through that kind of stuff when we first live with a SO. So, you aren't alone and it's not really a big deal."

God what is wrong with me..gifNothing. You"re perfect.

That's my impression as well. She wanted to empathize with Sheldon so she mocked about Leonard so Sheldon mocked  about Amy and felt better. She wanted him to realize that no ones perfect. If Penny was that unhappy she would have left Leonard like she did years ago. But she is happy, because he loves her unconditionally with all her flaws and makes her laugh. And she loves him. And even if they they tease each other they know that the other doesn't mean it. 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, FileXxX said:

Penny is not obligated to love everything about Leonard. Nobody is perfect and it's completely fine to complain about things that annoy you. Yes, in Leonard's eyes, Penny is perfect. Penny doesn't think that way, but that doesn't bother me (and more importantly it doesn't bother Leonard).

Leonard wouldn't have known what Penny was saying to Sheldon. On a separate but related issue. What's up with Leonard's snoring. First we have Penny telling Sheldon "Leonard doesn't snore", Then we have the deviated septum op because his snoring was bad and now we have the snoring again.

Edited by ajond
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

Or you can view Penny "bitching" in this episode about Leonard to Sheldon as her way of getting Sheldon to open up about what was bothering him in regards to Amy, while Leonard was helping Amy navigate her way through living with Sheldon. It's in the Lenny's long term interest to get the Shamy living together. Which will be a slow and painful process for Lenny, with much comic fun for us along the way. That's what was going on here, not the usual Penny whining about Leonard. It had a very specific purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

It's always good to see different perceptions at a particular case. A few hours ago, when I re-watched last night's episode I was really annoyed by Penny's complaints, and thought "how can she say these things, when she says he makes her incredibly happy?" I really ransacked my brains over this, because I always try to get something positive out of things, I can't help it. While I still think Penny's remarks were absolutely unnecessary and odd, I can view them in a different light now, after reading your post. Over-exaggerating as a way to empathize with the crazy new neighbor is a plausible explanation for me. At the end of the day all these remarks don't change anything at Penny's feelings for Leonard anyway. And how she feels for Leonard was recently expressed in the redo ceremony.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ajond said:

Leonard wouldn't have known what Penny was saying to Sheldon. On a separate but related issue. What's up with Leonard's snoring. First we have Penny telling Sheldon "Leonard doesn't snore", Then we have the deviated septum op because his snoring was bad and now we have the snoring again.

They didn't say snoring. Both said that his nose whistles.

Even I have that sometimes, my nose whistles every time I breath out but usually I fix this by breathing in hard once and it's gone. Though you can't do that while sleeping.

33 minutes ago, luminous said:

It's always good to see different perceptions at a particular case. A few hours ago, when I re-watched last night's episode I was really annoyed by Penny's complaints, and thought "how can she say these things, when she says he makes her incredibly happy?" I really ransacked my brains over this, because I always try to get something positive out of things, I can't help it. While I still think Penny's remarks were absolutely unnecessary and odd, I can view them in a different light now, after reading your post. Over-exaggerating as a way to empathize with the crazy new neighbor is a plausible explanation for me. At the end of the day all these remarks don't change anything at Penny's feelings for Leonard anyway. And how she feels for Leonard was recently expressed in the redo ceremony.

I just watched again. Penny complains because Leonard gives her his goofy 2 thumbs up when she is getting dressed. (How cute is that?:good2:) Betch ya the first morning he doesn't, she'd be all "Don't I look good?"," Am I looking old?", "You still love me, right?"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I just watched again. Penny complains because Leonard gives her his goofy 2 thumbs up when she is getting dressed. (How cute is that?:good2:) Betch ya the first morning he doesn't, she'd be all "Don't I look good?"," Am I looking old?", "You still love me, right?"

Yes She might even walk around naked until she gets her thumbs up if Leonard stops doing it:icon_razz:

• Like 2