Tensor

Non-Show Discussion
Chit Chat: Season 10

142 posts in this topic

Posted

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

My wife is watching "The Wolf Man" on the SyFy channel.  Hugo Weaving is in it, and she said, hey, there's Mr Smith, and the head elf, what was his name?   Oh yeah Elrond. 

Me:  yep, you got it.

Mrs Tensor:  how the hell did I know that?

Me:  LOL you sound like Penny.

Mrs Tensor: yeah, I know, I know, like the Star Trek shield thing or Star Wars day thing.  

Me:  How the hell did you know that?

Mrs Tensor:  Shut up. 

Been there; heard that!  It is amazing when "they" creep into our lives (and how cute our SO's are when they pay attention while we think they don't!).  That is why we ship them!!!

3ku11, 5Mississippis, JE7 and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Been there; heard that!  It is amazing when "they" creep into our lives (and how cute our SO's are when they pay attention while we think they don't!).  That is why we ship them!!!

What makes it funny, is she now uses more references to the show than I do.  

bfm, hokie3457 and spidergirl like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Excuse me if this article has already been posted.  But here is an interesting article about the 200th episode and what it means for the series:

Of course, the prime arc of this series has been Sheldon’s emotional journey, from obtuse socially awkward recluse to a fully realized human capable of friendship, love, sex, and even birthday celebrations. It’s touching when, after walking into his party, he gets overwhelmed and retreats to the bathroom.

Penny follows him in there. “I hate that your sister and her friends used to torture you. What I hate even more is that if I was there I would’ve tortured you, too,” she says. “My point is there was a time I would never have been friends with someone like you. Now you are one of my favorite people. So if what you need is to spend your birthday in the bathroom, then I’ll do it with you.”

It’s not just Sheldon who’s becoming more of a fully realized human. They all are.

Koothrappali can now talk to women without being drunk. Wolowitz morphed from misogynist to husband and, soon, father. Sheldon has the capacity now to be truly touched, and Penny has learned not to judge.

MORE AT LINK

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/25/the-big-bang-theory-s-200th-episode-is-it-one-of-the-greatest-comedies-ever.html?via=desktop&source=Reddit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Yes, it was already posted.  In the season 9 discussion thread, as it's about the 200th episode.   It actually might be better int he Non-season 10 show discussion thread, since it is about a season 9, episode.  :shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Me and my sister, mostly individually, sometimes ask my mom if she wants to watch an episode(s) with us. Lately she has started to ask us. Yesterday she by herself played two. I'm so proud.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

When I saw this headline I figured there has to be a guy just like howard in involved in this military contract. "Mother Of All Bombs"

Quote

U.S. drops 'mother of all bombs' in Afghanistan, aiming for ISIS caves

'MOAB' containing 11 tons of explosives used for 1st time combat, U.S. military says

Thomson Reuters Posted: Apr 13, 2017 1:10 PM ET Last Updated: Apr 13, 2017 3:52 PM ET

from http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-drops-bomb-afghanistan-1.4069637

us-afghanistan.jpg.5c813473929360a49d2c76b7ff90d9cb.jpg

 

Edited by djsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

I thought the lines were forced, and particularly unfunny.  Just like Sheldon's presence in the scene.  What would have been funny, was instead of politely knocking, while Shamy was playing their D and D "game" in Sheldon's room, Lenny should have just barged in and interrupted them 

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

Nope, many of us realize it is a sitcom and the show has been able to pull off tender moments, without laughs.   It's just for that particular scene wasn't, the attempt at comedy wasn't very funny to some of us.

You know, just for the sake of it, I dug through the entire season 6 finale thread and found some interesting posts of yours. The magic of having an entire archive of episode threads, right? :) It definitely doesn't match with your current point of view. Even found a sarcastic comment directed at another poster. Oh my...

What happened to you? You seemed to be so much cooler back then.

 

For those who reported this post, it's OK, I approved it.  It allows me to answer the questions-Tensor

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 

4 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

You know, just for the sake of it, I dug through the entire season 6 finale thread and found some interesting posts of yours.   The magic of having an entire archive of episode threads, right? :) 

You can find a lot of even more interesting posts of mine in various other threads. 

4 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

It definitely doesn't match with your current point of view. 

Nope, if your in season six, I was a very enthusiastic supporter of the show.  

4 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

Even found a sarcastic comment directed at another poster. Oh my...

You should see some of the posts of mine that got hidden.   I can be sarcastic and snarky with the best of them. It used to be allowed here, so you will quite likely find a lot of snarky comments in a lot of posts, prior to mid season nine.   

4 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

What happened to you? You seemed to be so much cooler back then.

Several things.  First, Season eight, nine and ten happened.  I don't expect every episode to be about Leonard and Penny.  I loved season four, and they weren't even together.  But, I didn't like the way they were written, or mostly how little they were together alone in scenes (For example, Penny and Sheldon had more time alone, on screen, than Leonard and Penny did in season eight until the last show) over the last three seasons.  Which should explain my dissatisfaction you see now.  

Second, I became a moderator, which I take very seriously.  Tripper ran this board (and the site it's attached to) for seven years without one.  Traffic got to the point where it was helpful to have a moderator to pair with his being the admin.  As a result of becoming a moderator, my snark dropped.  I do get my required level of snark at another forum, a general forum, with certain sections with no rules.    

Third, the rules were changed.  For a while, in late season eight and early season nine, there were some rather snarky exchanges, that escalated into rather nasty personal attacks.  Simply over differences of opinion.  Tripper and I talked it over (Tripper has final say), and decided, Snarky, sarcastic, aggressive questioning, (the full list is in the rules) weren't going to be allowed. So, we added some rules to cut down on those snarky, sarcastic comments.  We decided they weren't very productive.  Hence, why you don't see snark from me.  

If that's not cool, it's not cool.  I value Tripper's trust, more than being cool.   

 

 

mirs1, bfm, spidergirl and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Tensor said:

Nope, if your in season six, I was a very enthusiastic supporter of the show.

Yeah, but what does season 8-10 have to do with season 6? Clearly you don't talk that fondly about it anymore, even though you continuously praise it to the sky for being so much better than any other season. 

Just recently you put up a whole list comparing season 6 episodes with season 10 episodes, telling me how much better everything was back in the day. What am I supposed to believe now?

Edit: I forgot to ask: Why on Earth did people report my previous post? It's a sincere question and I didn't attack anyone.

Edited by Cloud Strife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

17 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

Yeah, but what does season 8-10 have to do with season 6? Clearly you don't talk that fondly about it anymore, even though you continuously praise it to the sky for being so much better than any other season. 

When it comes up in discussion I praise it.  It's just not discussed that much.  I also like season seven and season four.  Season five and three are about equal to me.  

17 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

Just recently you put up a whole list comparing season 6 episodes with season 10 episodes, telling me how much better everything was back in the day. What am I supposed to believe now?

The point was I was very enthusiastic about the show in season six.  I was never missing repeats, even though I had the seasons.  I was writing fan fiction, finding everything I could on the show That enthusiasm was still there for season seven.

 It was season eight where I started to lose my enthusiasm, simply because of how bad, I thought, season eight was.  Seasons nine and ten aren't much better.  After three years of what I consider mostly crappy stories; indeed, if any stories, for Lenny,  I've become quite cynical about the shows ability to do anything decent for them.  The show does Sheldon and Shamy now.  

17 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

Edit: I forgot to ask: Why on Earth did people report my previous post? It's a sincere question and I didn't attack anyone.

I would guess, from the messages, it was because you feel like there is something wrong with me now, compared to previously.  And they saw that as a personal attack.  The Oh my.... was a bit snarky. But, I left the post up.  

5Mississippis, bfm and JE7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I call bullshit!

Lets just pretend those issues werent raised and just sweep it unde the rug and pretend it ever happened...

How very Molero

Edited by JE7
I hope you know this means war - Bugs Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

One of my sisters posted this quote on FB today. I really like it.

"The place to improve the world is first in one's heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there." 

Robert Pirsig, author of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

5Mississippis and hokie3457 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

One of my sisters posted this quote on FB today. I really like it.

"The place to improve the world is first in one's heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there." 

Robert Pirsig, author of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Love this quote!  Mr. Pirsig just passed away two weeks ago....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

16 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Love this quote!  Mr. Pirsig just passed away two weeks ago....

Really. I never heard of him til this was posted. Should I read the book?

hokie3457 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

47 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Really. I never heard of him til this was posted. Should I read the book?

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never read it.  It was popular when I was in high school.  I think it is sort of an autobiography…..I'll read it if you will!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never read it.  It was popular when I was in high school.  I think it is sort of an autobiography…..I'll read it if you will!

Deal. A book club !

hokie3457 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Currently writing my bachelor thesis about the stigmatization of obese people and I'm slightly disgusted by how hateful humans are to other humans. Not surprised, mind you, but still disgusted. Just needed to get that out. Carry on.

bfm, Lagernisse, hokie3457 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Happy Mother's Day to all glorious women out there, even those that may be childless, who loved, influenced, supported, encouraged, fought for, shaped, and who acted a role model for all our children! It truly does take a village!

hokie3457, mirs1, luminous and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

57 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Happy Mother's Day to all glorious women out there, even those that may be childless, who loved, influenced, supported, encouraged, fought for, shaped, and who acted a role model for all our children! It truly does take a village!

And us men would be helpless and hopeless without you. We love you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now