Tensor

Non-Show Discussion
Chit Chat: Season 10

143 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 5/27/2017 at 1:04 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

And how many sad faces does Penny have?

From what I've seen, Penny's default reaction to sadness is to cry, as in The Barbarian Sublimation, The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, The Cohabitation Formulation, and The Gorilla Experiment.

That's a meaningless question because KC is a brilliant facial actor who doesn't just go through a set of stock expressions. As for your second sentence, consider the scene in 418 (I think that was the ep) where Leonard tells Penny he can't see her any more because Priya doesn't like it. Penny's "Goodbye Leonard" held more genuine and affecting sadness than all Amy's irritating misery.

Edited by Tensor
Edited out comment directed at another member.

Posted

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Those are your opinions, and I completely disagree with them.

Just as you were stating your opinion when you disparaged Penny's emotional reactions.

Posted

14 hours ago, April said:

TBH I don't care about this who's fave has more awards debate because they both have their own list of accomplishments so that's really besides the point. But I'll say this:

Let's not forget the whole thing that started it all was an unfounded claim that Mayim is a terrible actress and failed to make the audience connect with her character or some such nonsense along those lines. And I think the sentiment of "look, she got a bunch of award nominations and won even a few" is a valid counter point cause even if you personally fail to see the appeal of her acting or the writing of her character, even if you dismiss literally millions of fans across the globe that adore the work she's doing on the show, there is the undeniable fact that she was able to impress a bunch of award juries enough to nominate her for a couple of Emmys and give her a CCA for it. Doesn't mean she's ~the bestest actress 5ever!!1~ but she knows what she's doing and she's good at it.

Thank you 

Sah, A Shamy gal and joyceraye like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The whole cast made the show the success it is

This yes.

Sah and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, luminous said:

The same goes for Kaley and every other member of the cast.

exactly  @luminous ! IMO they were all great in their respective roles from the very first episode. they are still good, even when the writing is bad. 

Edited by serena_1995
veejay, bfm, Tensor and 3 others like this

Posted

Ok hows this "pal"...

My Opinion is that Amy as a character is a two dimensional prop used solely to further Sheldon story and MB is at best a mediocre actress who benefits from the shows Sheldon centric plots

legacy99 and JohnPhD like this

Posted

I was in right the first time, this thread isnt worth the time it takes to type the posts

Posted

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I was in right the first time, this thread isnt worth the time it takes to type the posts

14.gif.9554ab7542d7fa78caf4cd2156af3e23.gif

I guess there's no easy esc...:icon_wink:

JE7 likes this

Posted

20 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

That's a meaningless question because KC is a brilliant facial actor who doesn't just go through a set of stock expressions. As for your second sentence, consider the scene in 418 (I think that was the ep) where Leonard tells Penny he can't see her any more because Priya doesn't like it. Penny's "Goodbye Leonard" held more genuine and affecting sadness than all Amy's irritating misery.

Totally agree with this observation.  And don't forget Leonards reaction to her goodbye. His expression when he realized this was wrong and he still had feelings for Penny was a real highlight

JE7, JohnPhD, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted

Fighting about who started it, is not the discussion. if you want to talk about the actresses, talk about the actresses, not items peripheral to the discussion.  Last warning.

Posted (edited)

For something completely different. You can see for long distances on the prairie....

"It looks much closer if you look in the photo, but it was really far away. Well, not really far, far away, but it was far away from us," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/three-hill-tornado-lawn-mower-1.4145466

18835852_10155343629967528_4436205244277586586_n.jpg.d2f3aa821c12f199ce29b7d3cf3aa472.jpg

caught on time laps video...

Edited by djsurrey
mirs1 likes this

Posted

We get a bit closer here in Florida...and no, I don't claim credit, but I do know the person. 

IMG_1379.JPG.7c8878125082a34d3fa63f2465f90783.JPG

mirs1 likes this