The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

Personally i think tptb put shamy in 4b so that they could mess with lenny. With 2 bedrooms they would be together yet still fighting

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I thought Lenny fans wanted Lenny in 4A? Now they want them in 4B?

I don't think they can handle a break up. They fight a lot when they are together but they're worse seperated. I think in S4 Penny could hide it preety well but she was quite a mess. I mean...Zack? Really? and when she came to the restaurant where Leonard was eating with Priya...I don't think that was a coincidence. They need to have a serious conversation and start communicating better. Especially Penny. Then again, I'm really confused as to where the writers are going with this... and they also love to blame Leonard for everything, which IMO makes it hard to solve the real problems.

(I guess my post turns out kind of anti-Penny, I'm not trying to witch-hunt her, just think the main problems are actually more related to issues she has to work on and to Leonard who I believe is constantly underappreciated by the charcters and writers alike)

No i didn't say that i just think tptb had it planned out to mess with lenny and these living arrangements worked out the best for their plans

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They are not going to break up, it would be too much and writers would not take a risk to ruin a relationship that is meant to be since pilot episode. I have been thinking since most recent tr came out about lenny and there is a possible scenario for them. After these episodes where their issues are growing somehow, it might be happen something that makes both to have a serious talk about where their relationship is going. A talk where they compromise to make their communication getting better as they tenderly redeclarate their love for each other and making up passionately. Then writers might introduce the plotlines about how they are doing better than ever.

Writers surely know by now that they have to do something and quickly. They could not disapoint a good part of tbbt fans.

• Like 4

A breakup does seem unlikely, because of the thing with Penny in seasons 3-5 when she wasn't with Leonard.  She was basically a mess, she didn't have a real relationship with anyone, Zack was more like a friend with benefits, and her drinking problem started to show up.  She may fight with Leonard, but she still seems to love him to death, there are some relationships where people do butt heads a lot but still want to be together, not all relationships are the same.  Also, maybe the makeup sex is awesome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Nope.  Love Penny & Leonard in 4A!!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

A breakup does seem unlikely, because of the thing with Penny in seasons 3-5 when she wasn't with Leonard.  She was basically a mess, she didn't have a real relationship with anyone, Zack was more like a friend with benefits, and her drinking problem started to show up.  She may fight with Leonard, but she still seems to love him to death, there are some relationships where people do butt heads a lot but still want to be together, not all relationships are the same.  Also, maybe the makeup sex is awesome.

This is the main reason I like Lenny the most. :shy:

40 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Nope.  Love Penny & Leonard in 4A!!! 

If I remember correctly, I was one of the first in this forum who wanted to see Penny and Leonard live in 4A after their marriage.

o_00045.gif

(please correct me if I'm wrong)  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5

If we get a season 11, then I wouldn't be surprised if Penny went home to Nebraska alone over the summer. 

I don't see that this looks impossible as a cliffhanger for season 11.

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Nope, 4A or 4B, just wanted them away from Sheldon.  Now, there were discussion about 4A would be better for Lenny, if Sheldon was alone. 

• Like 1

The problem to me with Lenny isn't that they fight or disagree.  This is real. Most couples do this at some point or another.

My problem isn't even that they fight on-screen.

My problem is when the fights are not resolved or they fight episode after episode and it's not quite resolved.   

The tree thing was their biggest fight according to them.  However, at the time of recounting it to their friends, they appear happy and they are able to look back on it and not have it dissolve into another argument.

It's having an argument that results in Sheldon writing an RA and in the next episode they are fighting again over her brother staying (a story that sounds awfully familiar...guitar guy...) and it's not explicitly clear that they have resolved that argument. 

This is where some balance would help tremendously.  If they show happy Lenny consistently with quality storylines, then 3 episodes of them fighting might not seem like a big deal.  In this case, it does to me feel heavy for Lenny.  Show me happy Lenny.

Will they break up? I would like to say no that's not the plan...but this is a Lorre show and it is Lenny who also have a history that includes breaking up.   

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Lenny can live behind a dumpster for all I care as long as they're away from Sheldon.

• Like 3

I guess the issue isn't even whether Lenny will break up, so much as whether the relationship shown is engaging? I personally was seldom comforted by being told that ShAmy were endgame, if I didn't enjoy the dynamic onscreen.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I guess the issue isn't even whether Lenny will break up, so much as whether the relationship shown is engaging? I personally was seldom comforted by being told that ShAmy were endgame, if I didn't enjoy the dynamic onscreen.

Completely agree. Same for me with Lenny. I couldn't care less about them being endgame if I don't love what's being shown to me on screen.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Denise07 said:

The problem to me with Lenny isn't that they fight or disagree.  This is real. Most couples do this at some point or another.

My problem isn't even that they fight on-screen.

My problem is when the fights are not resolved or they fight episode after episode and it's not quite resolved.   

The tree thing was their biggest fight according to them.  However, at the time of recounting it to their friends, they appear happy and they are able to look back on it and not have it dissolve into another argument.

It's having an argument that results in Sheldon writing an RA and in the next episode they are fighting again over her brother staying (a story that sounds awfully familiar...guitar guy...) and it's not explicitly clear that they have resolved that argument. 

This is where some balance would help tremendously.  If they show happy Lenny consistently with quality storylines, then 3 episodes of them fighting might not seem like a big deal.  In this case, it does to me feel heavy for Lenny.  Show me happy Lenny.

Will they break up? I would like to say no that's not the plan...but this is a Lorre show and it is Lenny who also have a history that includes breaking up.   

Well tbf they broke up once seven years ago lol. I do Agree with what your saying. I don't think they well break up. But it's lack of balance and consistency that's the issue.

10 hours ago, veejay said:

This is the main reason I like Lenny the most. :shy:

If I remember correctly, I was one of the first in this forum who wanted to see Penny and Leonard live in 4A after their marriage.

o_00045.gif

(please correct me if I'm wrong)  :icon_biggrin:

Funny at that time. Leonard could of been like oh yeah, then why did Mandy kiss me!! Who the hell Is Mandy?!! Sheldon: Oh man even I knew that was a rookie move :sarcastichand:. TBH Leonard kissing Mandy, or Mandy attacking poor victimless Leonard was it :scratchhead:. Diddnt bother me. It was the fact he has been working with her all this time.

Eta: The writing for the show is fine. But clearly the writing for Lenny has gone stagnent. Randall is S10s Guitar Amplification in context. Penny's  Romantic Dream. Is S10s Recombination Hypothesis in Context. It's almost as bad as Season 8. In terms of repeated Cannon. It's what happens with shows when you get a comfy caushion. Ratings high. You get complacent at a certain point. The show has clearly run out of any original ideas for Lenny. So they are now going around in circles. Jmo.

Edited by 3ku11

Moved my post from the Shamy thread as this is the place to grumble when you are not be happy about any aspect of a character or ship:

The RA revelation isn't going to kill off my love for Shamy (I put up with it for seasons so I guess I can do it again, especially if they seem happy). But I am not going to lie some of the admiration I had for this season and feeling proud of these two moving in together and facing the challenges it brings was because I thought about the past RA days and saw these two supposedly managing and communicating now without one (it just felt grown up to me). Anything restrictive isn't good imo, sure they might have tinkered a RA that is less restrictive and caters to both their needs more but you always run the risk of it coming between them again and causing trouble in their relationship. I understand why some like the RA, I personally don't.

Maybe if you look back earlier in the season the bathroom schedule and all the ruckus was an indication they were still in one? Benefit of hindsight I guess. But it clearly was in the past tense in 9.21 and there zero clear indication/mention this season they still had one.

I am sure I will get over it but it feels like I have been kicked in the groin area when I woke up and read about this and saw the promo. If anyone wants to criticize me for this viewpoint then fine, but I can't help how I feel about it.

• Like 3

? What RA revelation? Sorry I was under the impression Shamy were always using a RA lol. Or did they stop using it at some point?  I'll admit I'm not as invested in Shamy. You know solve a lot of issues for both couples. If the RA was discarded, and thrown in the bin, and lit on fire. Shamy diddnt need it. Obvioisiey. Nor do Lenny. Jmo.

Edited by 3ku11

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

? What RA revelation? Sorry I was under the impression Shamy were always using a RA lol. Or did they stop? 

I thought they had stopped using one, there was no mention of it when they got back together and in 9.21 the old RA meetings were mentioned in the 'past' tense. There was no mention at all they were still in one during Season 10 until last night's promo.

I am probably in the minority but I am not a huge RA fan, I know how much of a role it played in their break up. It had a purpose at first (I know they had to use it early era relationship, which I acknowledge and respect) but then it quickly wore off and I really disliked it. So I celebrated when I thought it had done its purpose and was now gone, I was wrong...

But I am not going to get into a whole debate about it, just venting which I have now done.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

If anyone wants to criticize me for this viewpoint then fine, but I can't help how I feel about it.

There's no reason for anyone to criticize you. You have every right to feel that way. And I agree with you. The RA made sense for Shamy then, not so much now. They're on more equal ground now because Sheldon isn't dictating their relationship the way he used to, at least that's how it comes across to me. I suppose if the RA is about both of their needs and things they're both comfortable with, it'd be okay. But I can see why you'd prefer them to move past a RA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I thought they had stopped using one, there was no mention of it when they got back together and in 9.21 the old RA meetings were mentioned in the 'past' tense. There was no mention at all they were still in one during Season 10 until last night's promo.

I am probably in the minority but I am not a huge RA fan, I know how much of a role it played in their break up. It had a purpose at first (I know they had to use it early era relationship, which I acknowledge and respect) but then it quickly wore off and I really disliked it. So I celebrated when I thought it had done its purpose and was now gone, I was wrong...

But I am not going to get into a whole debate about it, just venting which I have now done.

To be very honest, you don't need an RA to be controlling and restrictive. 

Amy NOT allowing Sheldon a game room , even though he really wanted it,   not controlling and restrictive behavior ? 

Is Amy managing Sheldon by drugging him, knocking him unconcious for hours , dumping him on a cart and not seeing anything wrong with it, not controlling ? 

The lying and making decisions ahead of time without consulting the other person , not controlling ? 

If both have a say in it, then to me,  the RA is just a source of humor, burocratic references and it is unique - a document listing their expectations from the relationship . I wouldn't be opposed to a new and improved RA.

Like I said, the presence and existence of an RA is not an offensive concept in and of itself   as long as both  have a control over it.

What is offensive,  is the unpleasant dishonest behaviour displayed by Sheldon or Amy and  as we have seen this season,  they don't need the RA for that.

Amy is  very much confident and assertive of her needs   and from everything I've seen on screen episode after episode , there has been a massive improvement in their dynamic this season and whatever controlling and restrictions and unpleasantness that came along the way, it certainly did NOT  stem from the RA but from Sheldon and Amy’s own behavior. So, I really can't see Sheldon as the only person benefitting from it in season 10.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

To be very honest, you don't need an RA to be controlling and restrictive. 

Amy NOT allowing Sheldon a game room , even though he really wanted it,   not controlling and restrictive behavior ? 

Is Amy managing Sheldon by drugging him, knocking him unconcious for hours , dumping him on a cart and not seeing anything wrong with it, not controlling ? 

The lying and making decisions ahead of time without consulting the other person , not controlling ? 

If both have a say in it, then to me,  the RA is just a source of humor, burocratic references and it is unique - a document listing their expectations from the relationship . I wouldn't be opposed to a new and improved RA.

Like I said, the presence and existence of an RA is not an offensive concept in and of itself   as long as both  have a control over it.

What is offensive,  is the unpleasant dishonest behaviour displayed by Sheldon or Amy and  as we have seen this season,  they don't need the RA for that.

Amy is  very much confident and assertive of her needs   and from everything I've seen on screen episode after episode , there has been a massive improvement in their dynamic this season and whatever controlling and restrictions and unpleasantness that came along the way, it certainly did NOT  stem from the RA but from Sheldon and Amy’s own behavior. So, I really can't see Sheldon as the only person benefitting from it in season 10.

You make some great and interesting points, but at the end of the day I can't endorse a relationship 'tool' that largely contributed to them breaking up in the past, I just can't. No matter how different it is worded or how it is composed and amended I don't agree with it. There is always the potential there for it to be a problem again so I would therefore rather not see it.

I am likely in the minority and will have to accept that, it's probably one of those rare times when I cannot agree with my fellow Shamy shippers on it. We shall have to just agree to disagree on this, I can't see my view changing on it.

Edited by Jonny

33 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

When I read this line in the TR my only question was: where exactly Sheldon was planning to have a game room in 4B? I'm with Amy on this one, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

When I read this line in the TR my only question was: where exactly Sheldon was planning to have a game room in 4B? I'm with Amy on this one, LOL!

Same here! Unless Sheldon wants to make their bedroom a game room , lol! The cosplay is allowed, so.... :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

You make some great and interesting points, but at the end of the day I can't endorse a relationship 'tool' that largely contributed to them breaking up in the past, I just can't. No matter how different it is worded or how it is composed and amended I don't agree with it. There is always the potential there for it to be a problem again so I would therefore rather not see it.

I am likely in the minority and will have to accept that, it's probably one of those rare times when I cannot agree with my fellow Shamy shippers on it. We shall have to just agree to disagree on this, I can't see my view changing on it.

I am with you on this. The RA is unnecessary, and was always intended to benefit Sheldon. Same with the roommate agreement...

relationship agreement.jpg

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I am with you on this. The RA is unnecessary, and was always intended to benefit Sheldon. Same with the roommate agreement...

Ohh, if I look at it properly…   :shy:

sham_014.gif

• Like 1