Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

18 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

For fans of other characters..........sorry for the rant..... 

yousayso.gif

:shy:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

That he continues to insinuate that Penny is a slut is equally maddening (no "just kidding" either---the episode rerun just last night on CBS had him mentioning to Amy as the settled into the bed in 4B for the first time that he was glad he couldn't read what the memory foam knew--or words to that effect).  That to me is the crux of at least my problem with Dr. Cooper....sorry for the rant..... 

For years the writers had portrayed Penny as a sexually promiscuous woman or having loose sexual morals. It wasn't just Sheldon who made jokes, Penny herself came out with running gags that indicated that and the other girls in the group made quips as well. Not particularly a fan of the term 'slut' but that's the narrative they went for as writers and to be fair that's the impression of her that I got from that dialogue over the seasons.

Should they still have these jokes now especially as she has matured and is now married? I personally wouldn't use them anymore. But they need to kill them off with Penny as well. For example earlier this season when Sheldon and Leonard were arguing about possessions and Penny's line about sleeping with the other person's boyfriend as her go to move. 

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

For years the writers had portrayed Penny as a sexually promiscuous woman or having loose sexual morals. It wasn't just Sheldon who made jokes, Penny herself come out with running gags that indicated that and the other girls in the group made quips as well. Not particularly a fan of the term 'slut' but that's the narrative they went for as writers and to be fair that's the impression of her that I got from that dialogue over the seasons.

Should they still have these jokes now especially as she has matured and is now married? I personally wouldn't use them anymore. But they need to kill them off with Penny as well. For example earlier this season when Sheldon and Leonard were arguing about possessions and Penny's line about sleeping with the other person's boyfriend as her go to move. 

Yeah, the show is notorious for these jokes - it's really not just Sheldon. I'd rather they let go of that altogether as well cause 1) characterising Penny as a "slut" was never funny in the first place, and 2) those dating days are long gone anyway so why stick to this one stupid joke?? ugh

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jonny said:

For years the writers had portrayed Penny as a sexually promiscuous woman or having loose sexual morals. It wasn't just Sheldon who made jokes, Penny herself come out with running gags that indicated that and the other girls in the group made quips as well. Not particularly a fan of the term 'slut' but that's the narrative they went for as writers and to be fair that's the impression of her that I got from that dialogue over the seasons.

I understand your point, but the promiscuous Penny is an attitude/attribute that was added later.  Early Penny comes out of a 4 year relationship with Kurt and has a relationship with Mike and not many others (all things considered).  Also, someone can refer to themselves as being "experienced", however when a good friend and the best friend of your husband continues to make snide references (as well as the others @April ) it just is not cool.  I know that they all "give each other a hard time" as has been said by cast members (Johnny G?), but it leaves a bad taste in this viewers mouth....

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, the show is notorious for these jokes - it's really not just Sheldon. I'd rather they let go of that altogether as well cause 1) characterising Penny as a "slut" was never funny in the first place, and 2) those dating days are long gone anyway so why stick to this one stupid joke?? ugh

Yeah I never found them funny, but I just knew or acknowledged what the writers were driving at.

We talk about long standing or running gags with all the characters and that most of them probably should be gotten rid of now. This is one of them, but they probably won't.

• Like 3

I still love this show and most of the characters, but there is large room for improvement even after nine years. It feels like the gang is at that awkward place where their lives are drifting apart, and the show is forcing them to stay together.

• Like 8

She inspires so much obsession in some people they should make it 'The Penny Show'.
(OK, that may contain sarcasm)

watching.gif

• Like 6

On 1/27/2017 at 1:04 PM, veejay said:

She inspires so much obsession in some people they should make it 'The Penny Show'.
(OK, that may contain sarcasm)

watching.gif

I would go straight to Amazon and pre-order the first 25 seasons on bluRay the day that show was announced. (Hopefully on HBO :icon_redface:)

• Like 3

On 1/28/2017 at 0:44 AM, Jonny said:

Seems like the writers can't win with Sheldon. People complain about him changing and missing the old Sheldon but when they occasionally throw in some old school Sheldon like behaviour or traits they don't like it. True I complained about the RA development but I don't miss the old Sheldon at all.

In terms of the consistency argument he has evolved, changed and grown but not completely. It's still very much a work in progress and I have to say I much prefer this new Sheldon that does treat his girlfriend and his friends better but he's still going to have his moments. I don't think he will ever change fully and one could make an argument that maybe he shouldn't as a lot of those traits are who he is.

I can't ever criticize someone who wants to try and change for the better, to become a better person if they should want to do so. It's not like he is now being dragged along and forced into changing, there are clearly aspects about himself that he wants to change. He's driving a lot of these life changing developments this Season himself.

That would be fine if they wrrre consistent with the writing. He can't be old Sheldon and new Sheldon at the same time.  It's not him changing. It's how unreliable it is. I'm not getting at the writers. Or being apologetic ahem. I don't want Old Sheldon. I don't like or want new Sheldon. I've simply stopped caring about his character (not that I ever did). Because he's not or the writings not reliable. I'm indifferent. Great he's changing. But the Sheldon evolving crowd should be dissapointed. He's degressed Imo. He was better when he was deadpan and playing it straight. Romance Sheldon, and changing Cannon is the issue for me personally. Its irreparable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

That would be fine if they wrrre consistent with the writing. He can't be old Sheldon and new Sheldon at the same time.  It's not him changing. It's how unreliable it is. I'm not getting at the writers. Or being apologetic ahem. I don't want Old Sheldon. I don't like or want new Sheldon. I've simply stopped caring about his character (not that I ever did). Because he's not or the writings not reliable. I'm indifferent. Great he's changing. But the Sheldon evolving crowd should be dissapointed. He's degressed Imo. He was better when he was deadpan and playing it straight. Romance Sheldon, and changing Cannon is the issue for me personally. Its irreparable.

You think Leonard chuckling and being eager about drugging Sheldon without his consent is great and consistent writing ? Leonard cheating on Penny is consistent and reliable  ?? Penny suddenly longing for romance is consistent ? What happened to Penny's talk with the therapist ? Or Leonard's secret bank account ? Is any of that consistent or properly followed up ? Not to mention the way the writers regress back to the stale old "nerd got the hot girl" jokes demeaning both Leonard and Penny in the process. Or when they turn Howard into a man child and let Bernie act like his mom. TBH every character has inconsistencies and every pairing has taken backward steps.

Also, I don't understand , what you mean by the word "degressed " .

many people like Sheldon's development. It is not flawlessly executed of course, but I admit it brings up new story possibilities for the writers . at least Sheldon and Howard are  afforded some flaws, some depth, some quirks and some richness of emotions. I feel Leonard has not changed as much since season 1.  Leonard's flaws and quirks are not explored to the same extent except for  gaining the ability to successfully brag about landing the hot girl , and apparently getting the "confidence" to cheat on her.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

On 13/01/2017 at 2:36 PM, serena_1995 said:

Amy NOT allowing Sheldon a game room , even though he really wanted it,   not controlling and restrictive behavior ? 

Where on earth could Sheldon have a game room ? Turn the only bedroom into one ? She'd have to be off her rocker to agree to that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Where on earth could Sheldon have a game room ? Turn the only bedroom into one ? She'd have to be off her rocker to agree to that.

The reason why Amy refused was not mentioned in the TR of the episode- was it because she simply didn't want Sheldon to have it or because there was no space.   But i agree, that would be logistically impossible in 4B lol !

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

The reason why Amy refused was not mentioned in the TR of the episode- was it because she simply didn't want Sheldon to have it or because there was no space.   But i agree, that would be logistically impossible in 4B lol !

I don't think it would be because she didn't want him to have one. After all, she bought him a Tardis for her own apartment. She's never complained about his games except when he let her down over her aunt's birthday party. We'll have to wait and see whether they leave that line in.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Neither 4 A or 4 B are big enough for that, even boys could convice themselves they were, lol!  Guys could wish a game room if they moved to bigger places but I think they might manage well a "game night" in 4 A living room once in a week as long as Penny and Amy are good with that.  They might do a "girls night" in those game nights. And everybody would be happy. Couples must have their own fun but each one should have fun with their friends. It is also healthy for each one's sake.

On 1/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, Tensor said:

Now, there were discussion about 4A would be better for Lenny, if Sheldon was alone. 

But, now Sheldon isn't alone.

On 1/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, serena_1995 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a new and improved RA.

TBH, I thought they were using a new RA.

They've violated the hand-holding clause so many times, I figured they must've written a new RA.

Although shipping lanes is the thread for discussion of ships - including those you don't support, please try to keep comments about other ships and their supporters respectful. Also, discussion of other sites, whose members may not be around here to defend themselves, is best avoided.

• Like 3

2 episodes without a lenny fight. Things must be looking up.
So shamy have a mild fight and they talk about it and resolved it on screen with no bitterness and understanding when wrong and apologise. Interesting. No such thing with lenny.  The lenny's so called arc fight is still ongoing until the next lenny arc when it will be continued, I wonder what the fight will be about this time? Leonard chewing too loudly? Guess I was right when i said it will not be mentioned  or we see any growth from the fight because you know tptp loves portraying lenny as the worst couple on the show with no communication skills what so ever. I guess their fights is put out there to create drama that was never there in the first place and left open for a reason. Watch this space. More lenny extreme fights in future episodes as it's never mild.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 8

@Tonstar17

How about we are shipping to our own island? Of course with an orderly kitchen and a wonderful bar on it. There we gather around our true heroes Lenny to talk about the happy hours which are long time gone now. Also we prohibit all the annoying "Besserwisser" to raise there voice against us.

n_00005.gif.413851dbff0f4761a2ee90c6c0740f63.gif

:crazypilot:

• Like 5

Tbf Marrage is a two way street. Leonard ain't a victimless innocent in this. Nor is Penny. It's not one sided. 1+1 = 2. Not 1-1 = 0. Let's not diminish the real issue. By suggesting Penny has no real reason to be upset with Leonard. She has very good justified reasons. I mean hell Leonard's lucky. Or Penny needs to do ummm sweety remember Mandy. Yeah. Tour luckey I diddnt dump your ass :icon_biggrin:.

In any case part of the clause in the RA. Is Penny can't suppress her feelings. Has to be honest with Leonard. Leonard I think should use that clause too.  Reading today's taping though. Bothered me it seems on paper anyway. Shamy get an in depth plot where they actually get to communicate and discuss things through. Where was skipping all of that for a Lenny fluff? Like it was in The Romance Recalibration? Yeah. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

She has very good justified reasons. I mean hell Leonard's lucky. Or Penny needs to do ummm sweety remember Mandy. Yeah. Tour luckey I diddnt dump your ass :icon_biggrin:.

That is no longer a justified reason.  She forgave him for that.  If she is holding that over his head, after she said she forgave him, then she is a fucking idiot.  You keep doing that, at some point, it is going to backfire on her.   

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Shamy get an in depth plot where they actually get to communicate and discuss things through. Where was skipping all of that for a Lenny fluff? Like it was in The Romance Recalibration? Yeah. 

This was my complaint about the plots (both 10.04 and 10.05) where we see Shamy talking things through, and Lenny dancing.  All I got, was being told Lenny doesn't talk about things like that.  So, after the last few episodes, we still don't see Lenny talking about their fights either.   They've been reduced to going to Sheldon and begging him to work his relationship agreement magic to fix their problems.   I guess, since Shamy was having their own spat this week, there wasn't room for a Lenny fight, so they put them in with the rest of the supporting characters this week.  

• Like 3