Tensor

Debate Zone
[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

763 posts in this topic

Posted

16 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

TPTB seem to be building towards something. And now they have the set of Raj's empty apartment to create another living space … 

misc_00271.gif.0e8473343e6f27e1c90791415114da25.gif

...sorry, I'm fooling around. :shy:

sarah7, JE7, 5Mississippis and 1 other like this

Posted

21 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

TPTB seem to be building towards something. And now they have the set of Raj's empty apartment to create another living space … 

Penny's parents place in Nebraska could fill that empty space. 

5Mississippis, legacy99 and veejay like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

The problem is the context, the great picture. For about two months now we have seen Lenny fight or disagree in almost every episode, without (seeing) a proper resolution. I think it is definitely going somewhere and I think the message that they have marital problems is already clear, even without Beverly stating it outright.

This, is exactly the problem I have.  The individual episodes, taken by themselves are usually no problem.  But, put together, the paint a picture of Lenny, I no longer want to watch.   This episode by itself, wasn't bad, but then came the part of the TR that pissed me off.   It had nothing to do with how things came across in the TR for me, it was the fact that the writers had Raj move in with them.  That was there in the TR and the episode, there was nothing about how that came across for me.

I mention one of the problems I had with Raj moving in, was simply that he would be in the middle of their relationship.  Again, for me, it's not going to be how it comes across as he does girly things with Penny or that he knows Penny's co-worker's names, in the TR.  Just the fact that he is doing those things with Penny puts him, as I stated, in the middle of the Lenny relationship.  As you can tell, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that they would do this.  

legacy99, Lagernisse, JE7 and 4 others like this

Posted

On 3/9/2017 at 10:51 AM, No Regrets said:

Genuinely think Lenny are headed for a break up. And at this point it wouldn't even upset me. I've no idea anymore why they're together.

I totally agree.

legacy99, ajond and 5Mississippis like this

Posted (edited)

On 3/10/2017 at 6:26 PM, Chrismo said:

As I mentioned earlier the guitar guy dating story is vague at best.

I don't think it's vague, since Penny clearly had a sexual encounter (or encounters) with him.

On 3/10/2017 at 6:51 PM, Tensor said:

Penny had sex with the guitar guy, Leonard had sex with the friendly professor.  

And in neither case where Leonard and Penny a couple, so it was none of their business, what the other got up to.

In the case of the guitar guy intending to sleep on Penny's couch, and the suggested return of Dr. Plimpton, the situation is quite different, since Leonard and Penny were, and currently are, a couple.

BTW. Despite her promiscuity, I rather liked Elizabeth Plimpton.

On 3/10/2017 at 6:58 PM, Chrismo said:

I believed Leonard said she had sex with him.

Penny pretty much confirmed it too.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, Chrismo said:

True. Though she didn't say it happened either.

I think we can infer it, from what she said.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, Chrismo said:

The thing is everybody saw Dr. Slutbunny.

To be fair, Elizabeth Plimpton was (as far as we can tell) single, as were Leonard, Howard and Raj.

Given that, I hesitate to judge her.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

On 3/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, No Regrets said:

I think her seeing her old friends could actually be an interesting storyline in itself. Imagine Penny sees them again and they're still those party girls and they haven't grown up one bit, which then makes Penny realize she's really not that girl anymore and is actually happy with how far she's come. 

I do not trust the writers to do this well AT ALL. I just do not trust them any farther than I can throw them at this point.

Posted

6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I do not trust the writers to do this well AT ALL. I just do not trust them any farther than I can throw them at this point.

Right there with you.

5Mississippis, legacy99 and JE7 like this

Posted

I think Raj and Penny would be a cute couple. They have more in common then Penny and Leonard....

I hope I posted that comment in the correct area...

Posted

I think Raj and Penny would be a cute couple. They have more in common then Penny and Leonard....

I'm not a women. Lol. but why would a woman want to be with a man that reminds her of a woman unless she is a lesbian. Girly things in common doenst make them a match. She has has her girlfriends to do that on regular basics.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3ku11, legacy99, bfm and 5 others like this

Posted

Karen really nailed Lenny. But just too add. That is what makes Lenny such a special sitcom couple. The fact they have little in common. Yet posses these Attributes and Qualities. So despite the current state of Lenny. I have trust they well be fine in the long run. IT is hard lol. But I Trust the process.

5Mississippis and joyceraye like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Karen really nailed Lenny. But just too add. That is what makes Lenny such a special sitcom couple. The fact they have little in common. Yet posses these Attributes and Qualities. So despite the current state of Lenny. I have trust they well be fine in the long run. IT is hard lol. But I Trust the process.

Skull, let me make this clear.  Do not comment on how or what others posts.  Or insinuate your interpretation is somehow better than others.  You can post your opinions, but saying people are blowing it out of proportion, isn't an opinion of the show, it's an opinion of someone else's opinion.  Knock those kind of comments off. Two posts have been hidden, the next one draws a warning.   

joyceraye likes this

Posted

32 minutes ago, bfm said:

Post of the week for me!!!

And let me add some Penny examples:

-Arranging for him to give his speech to the graduates via video call.

-Taking "satan" (i.e., his mother) from the airport and trying to better their relationship, having a wedding re-do to improve Beverly's relationship with Leonard and her. 

-Trying to make him feel better when Sheldon was the only one gicen the credit for the super fluid idea.

-Watching Sci-Fi movies and series with him (she can complain as much as she wants but she have seen a lot of these throughout the years and knows a thing or two about it, much more than Bernie and Amy).

-Asking him about his work even if she doesn't understand him (didn't happen a lot but happened nontheless, she even wrote it on that napkin :icon_biggrin:).

-Organizing his going away to the North sea party and stopping Sheldon from acting on his envy regarding the occassion. 

Yes! Yes! Yes! Absolutely perfect! 

bfm, hokie3457, Tonstar17 and 2 others like this

Posted

14 hours ago, Sah said:

I don't think having many things in common defines a great relationship. If you look at Leonard and Penny they have practically nothing in common, but the love they have for each other outweighs that.

I've seen more "perfect match" relationships crumble than anything else. 

Posted

13 hours ago, 5Mississippis said:

**** Working through Disagreements:

~ The Bug Report;

I have to say, not one of his better ideas. :icon_biggrin: 

IMO, the only thing two people need to have in common, for a relationship to work, is a love of TBBT:) 

joyceraye and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm curious by nature so does anybody knows why the discussion thread is locked.

JE7 and joyceraye like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm curious by nature so does anybody knows why the discussion thread is locked.

@Tensor probably just forgot to unlock it. lol

joyceraye and Lagernisse like this

Posted

39 minutes ago, April said:

@Tensor probably just forgot to unlock it. lol

Actually, I did unlock it.  Unfortunately, some still couldn't play nice and I locked it again.  Since they couldn't play nice, I wasn't going to leave it unlocked, while I went to bed.  

Posted

I do think Lenny is a wonderful couple. Even without lots in common. I think that I was just happy to see happy, excited Penny back doing things she enjoyed. She was happy the entire episode. I have not seen that for awhile...perhaps, I just liked that Raj and her got along without the bickering that has been so prevalent in the show lately. 

joyceraye likes this