Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I know, I was on about Penny's reaction to her not knowing anything about Ramona.

Haha sure, my deletion came too late. :shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, April said:

Bottom line: Just because you're completely dismissing her viewpoint doesn't mean it wasn't there. And the numbers are nowhere near your 95/5 claim to back up your point.

And you're wrong again. I am NOT dismissing Amy's POV. Apparently you didn't gather it from my post, but I would have loved to have seen more of Amy's POV. Truth be told I would like for Sheldon's and Amy's relationship to be more balanced, but I know that won't happen either.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, veejay said:

I agree. Inconsistencies in continuity and logic again. Penny didn't even remember who she was at all. We last heard Ramona shouting "bite me" at Penny as she exited down the stairs. :icon_rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what 'Bite me' means, please ? I've come across it before but nobody I ask in RL seems to know.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Can someone tell me what 'Bite me' means, please ? I've come across it before but nobody I ask in RL seems to know.

Though english is not my native language, but I guess it kinda means "Kiss/lick my Ass". :shy:

> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bite+me

Edited by veejay
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

A harsher version of "go fly a kite!" or "get lost!". A response to someone when they do or say something you don't like or don't agree with....

• Like 5

Just now, veejay said:

Though english is not my native language, but I guess it kinda means "Kiss/lick my Ass". :shy:

Thank you. I've heard that saying too, but unfortunately I've never known what that means either.

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

A harsher version of "go fly a kite!" or "get lost!". A response to someone when they do or say something you don't like or don't agree with....

Thanks. I've not heard 'Go fly a kite' but I have heard 'Get lost!' a lot. It's said on this side of the pond,especially by children when someone is being annoying. I gather 'Bite me' is a negative saying rather than a friendly one, which helps a lot with understanding.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Thank you. I've heard that saying too, but unfortunately I've never known what that means either.

from https://dict.leo.org

The LEO entry is "Bite me!", which is a less popular idiom serving to lessen the vulgarity of the original phrase, much like saying "freaking brilliant" instead of "fucking brilliant".

"Kiss my ass" is more common in American English usage, and a more direct, literal translation.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

More than anything is a (not so much) more polite way of saying go f___k yourself.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

More than anything is a (not so much) more polite way of saying go f___k yourself.

I have seen this written as "advice to perform the anatomically impossible".  And I might be misremembering but I think I read that in one book with that phrase (from the 1950s) damn was written as "d____". Times have changed.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 6:10 AM, wowbagger said:

data nerd question: How does one define 'sheldon scene'? Or 'howard scene' etc.? Does a scene with the character in it count? Does the character have to have speaking lines? Or does the character not even need to be present, but be referred to?

My method doesn't distinguish between a Sheldon Scene, or a Howard scene.  If they are in the scene, it count's as screen time, with or without lines.   The tricky part comes when you are trying to determine whether or not their screen time is spent as a couple, who are acting as a couple, or are individual characters.

For example, in the second wedding scene, the only one I would count as acting like a couple would be Penny and Leonard.  Sheldon and Amy are separated by Mary (and they don't even talk to each other) and Howard is sitting with Raj, while Bernadette performs the ceremony (although she does yell at him).  

In this case, everyone would get screen time, but only Lenny would count as a couple.  There are other examples where the group is together, but none of them are couples, until something happens to distinguish them as a couple.   I'll admit, there are a few places where whether or not they are a couple is subjective, However, *see below.

and also, that's quite a lot of footage. Do you do it manually or use some sort of scraping tool? (pushes glasses up nose)

I manually do it.  However, once you set the beginning of the scene, you can fast forward to the point where the scene changes or someone else enters.   

er - PM me, if I'm boring everyone else!

*This is the see below.