The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard diddn't seem botherd by the fact Penny forgot his birthday. Leonard even made light of the fact. Wasen't a big deal. It was cute. 

And why wasn't Leonard bothered? Because that's how TPTB wrote it. Had Leonard forgotten Penny's birthday the writers wouldn't have kept that light at all. Penny would've given him hell. My point is that TPTB go out of their way to crap all over Leonard and I'm just so sick of it.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, No Regrets said:

And why wasn't Leonard bothered? Because that's how TPTB wrote it. Had Leonard forgotten Penny's birthday the writers wouldn't have kept that light at all. Penny would've given him hell. My point is that TPTB go out of their way to crap all over Leonard and I'm just so sick of it.

I understand your position. But I also think they crap over Penny too. With the 8x24 reveal. And the constant she's a slut or was promiscuous jokes. Or she's just a waitress etc. In any case we don't know Penny would give Leonard hell for the bday he suspose sly forgot. Lot of that is hypothetical. While I agree Leonard is the writers punching bag. I don't think this was an example of it. But that's jmo. I also think Penny's immaturity is imblancing their marrage. But Leonard seems complacent too in their marrage. 

I agree with the post saying the show don't write for Lenny, Shamy etc anymore. They write for casuals. A lot of these throw away gags that for hardcores find off putting. Casuals loves. They loooove Sheldon. It's basically Sheldon Coopers Adventures and His Friends now. Not The Big Bang Theory anymore. 

Edited by 3ku11

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

They write for casuals. A lot of these throw away gags that for hardcores find off putting. Casuals loves. They loooove Sheldon. It's basically Sheldon Coopers Adventures and His Friends now. Not The Big Bang Theory anymore. 

Which is common sense as it is the casual majority that keeps the show on air.

At the end of the day no matter how frustrated I might get with a particular storyline or character development I fully understand and accept that's my problem and not theirs. They know their show, what has made it successful and what stories they want to tell better than anyone else.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Jonny said:

At the end of the day no matter how frustrated I might get with a particular storyline or character development I fully understand and accept that's my problem and not theirs. They know their show, what has made it successful and what stories they want to tell better than anyone else.

Oh yes I understand that. I was just saying as they target casuals now. They may not giving us hardcore fans what we want anymore. It is called Paratial Possession. 

Just to make something clear: the fact that Lenny have gotten some issues out in the open (even though we never got to hear their conversation), that Penny now has to be more honest about how she feels? That's all great. But the way the writers got there was a slap in the face for this Lenny fan. I wanna be able to enjoy the journey, not just the outcome. 

• Like 3

Take 1. How can i ease the pain that Lenny is giving me right now. I'm waiting in line and taking everything in as everyone keep saying different things about the episode and with what's up with lenny. I haven't watched it yet and I don't know if I will or not, as i feel im wasting my time waiting for the good times to come back. I'm not a vulture so I'm not patient.

Take 2. There no reason why tptb keep having this arc that it leonards fault that penny is hurting or unhappy. Leonard is alway making the best out of bad situations always giving but almost getting nothing in return. People wonder why he might be changing.

Take 3. I for one believe leonard is on penny's side time and time. All it should take is a little understanding between them.

Take 4. Leonard will never intentionally cause Penny any pain, a man need more from his woman than just sex or him making all the effort most of the time.

Take 5. Leonard also needs to remember his mind might be blind at the moment and has to remember that there will always be a place in his heart that belongs to Penny.

Take 6. Leonard need to be strong not weak and not always run after her like she knows he will. Grow some balls.

Take7. Speak your mind Lenny instead of saying it's fine when it's not and bottling it in. Not good. Hold your grounds and call each out when need be and stick to your guns until you sees where each other is coming from. And leonard look happy and mean it, if your wifey wants to spend the weekend with you at a Spa.

Take 8. Penny needs to be more vocal and stop running away and tell leonard what's bothering her. The geezer is not psychic.

Take 9. Lyrics from the song. We don't talk anymore.

Charlie Puth feat Selena Gomez.

We don't talk anymore, we don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore, like we used to do
We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do.

Take. 10. Hope this is not where lenny is heading.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2017 at 0:50 PM, wowbagger said:

I mean, Sheldon and amy's relationship also includes boyfriend/girlfriend singalongs. And I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that that was not Sheldon's idea. Similarly amy wanted the two of them to have pet names for each other and the idea was to be tabled and discussed in their relationship summits. Did Sheldon draft the agreement with his own needs in mind? Of course. Does amy have no input into the document? Untrue. Do you need an RA to be a dingleberry in your relationship? Nope. Does an RA prevent you from being spontaneously affectionate? Nope. Does this mean that the RA is an amazing idea for all couples especially Lenny? Nope.

DAMN IT!!!!!

That's a triple word score for using "dingleberry" in a legitimate sentence

Edited by JE7
I swear it's like playing 3D chess with Sheldon

On Shamy. I have major issues with how they are writing them ATM. It's too inconsistent. The last episode was terribly OOC. Particularly in terms of cannon. It was a cringe fest the entire episode. I mean last episode it came across as a co-parent relationship. Where it felt like Amy was managing Sheldon, like he was her iPhone. Definitely a severe imbalance in their relationship. And of course once again we see Amy fantasising over Sheldon. I think read that in the latest taping. Last episode, suddenly it was the opposite end of the spectrum. Where suddenly they were horny teenagers in Highschool. And Amy was some pubescent teenager. Which was evident in the girls scene. Where Amy came across very like that. And Penny and Bernadette came across as the adults.

I'm sorry I may not be as invested in Shamy as their shippers. But to me that's not Shamy. Amy is an outstanding, intellectual Nuero Scientist. Sheldon is not a horny teenager. How many times are they going to change Cannon with his character? It's t the point where theirs no excuse for his behaviour anymore. It's just so inconsistent. Shamy is a relationship of the mind. I prefer Shamy as a team. Herb Garden Shamy. The one where they are working in the lab together. That kiss infront of Lenny was so abandoning everything that's them. It was so cringy it was hard to watch. Kissing like they were horny teenagers. Ugh. Not sure what to expect next episode with them. But I'm sure they well rebound. Based on how inconsistent the writing is these days. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Hmmm yeah Penny's dream was OOC. But I guess you could look at it, as a reveal? Penny does like all that stuff Leonard does. And yeah agree with Shamy. That was the most OOC I have ever seen them write Shamy. Your right ^ They are not a sensual couple. So yeah writing them as one for the sake as you said a contrast, was absurd. 

I could accept is a reveal, I suppose, but it just wasn't believable. If the spark had been dwindling, Penny would be the type to insist they do something to bring back that chemistry (like, perhaps, a spa weekend). If Leonard has become complacent, a better way for them to showcase that would be to have built a storyline around him backing out of the spa weekend to do something with the guys, not realizing it was that important to her (though they did that storyline with Shamy in S5). The way it came about wasn't believable, and frankly the one I just cooked up isn't that much better, so I chalk this all up to bad writing. 

• Like 6

Lenny never had had any engagement time, they rush their marriage, no honeymoon or their lives shown as a married couple going through happy to be married stuff and now they are having issues, that came out of nowhere. What we are giving is shamy playing out married lenny cause tptb think it's more funny than showing lenny happy. All the things we should have been given.  lenny honeymoon and happiness period was never shown or hinted at and has been given to shamy because tptb are concentrating on Sheldon's 1 billion issues and no growth for lenny. In the tptb world everyone loves Sheldon.  Not, there are ppls that watch the show for more than sheldon but just because they are not vocal enough doesn't mean they don't exist and can be ignored. Not a fan of S10 it's the new Season hate for me.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

On Shamy. I have major issues with how they are writing them ATM. It's too inconsistent. The last episode was terribly OOC. Particularly in terms of cannon. It was a cringe fest the entire episode. I mean last episode it came across as a co-parent relationship. Where it felt like Amy was managing Sheldon, like he was her iPhone. Definitely a severe imbalance in their relationship. And of course once again we see Amy fantasising over Sheldon. I think read that in the latest taping. Last episode, suddenly it was the opposite end of the spectrum. Where suddenly they were horny teenagers in Highschool. And Amy was some pubescent teenager. Which was evident in the girls scene. Where Amy came across very like that. And Penny and Bernadette came across as the adults.

I'm sorry I may not be as invested in Shamy as their shippers. But to me that's not Shamy. Amy is an outstanding, intellectual Nuero Scientist. Sheldon is not a horny teenager. How many times are they going to change Cannon with his character? It's t the point where theirs no excuse for his behaviour anymore. It's just so inconsistent. Shamy is a relationship of the mind. I prefer Shamy as a team. Herb Garden Shamy. The one where they are working in the lab together. That kiss infront of Lenny was so abandoning everything that's them. It was so cringy it was hard to watch. Kissing like they were horny teenagers. Ugh. Not sure what to expect next episode with them. But I'm sure they well rebound. Based on how inconsistent the writing is these days. 

Whether Shamy were cringeworthy, sensual or whatever, it is all subjective, and I could say the same about Lenny.

Besides, what was so OOC about Shamy ? Sheldon gives tea to people to comfort them. That is exactly what he did with Leonard. Sheldon was getting excited about writing contracts and agreements. He enjoys playing games and was trying to cheer up Leonard. All of that was in character.Amy was totally in character too. We know, she has always longed to be the "host" of girls' night and she is finally getting to be that. She loves harp and the episode referenced to her taking harp lessons on Saturdays. Amy loves wool and she predictably ended up wearing a bit too much clothing at the spa.

As for Shamy  being lovey-dovey, well, Sheldon and Amy ARE in love, aren't they ? They made conscious decisions to commit to live together, didn't they ?  Is it that out of character that they will miss each other ?

Sheldon and Amy being scientists, have studied basic MATH haven't they ? Is it that OOC that these 2 crazy people may use Math to express how much they miss each other ?

The kiss was a way of showing affection for each other. Sheldon did say, he was uncomfortable with PDA in front of "unhappy"  Lenny, but more power to him , if he got carried away and ended up kissing Amy longer than usual.

As for Sheldon , taking steps to be considerate of people ? Good for him, to improve upon himself. He may never be a perfect socially acceptable fella, but his attempts to ask questions to his friends , were  funny enough and good for Amy if she appreciates that.

Edited by serena_1995
Removed irrelevant stuff
  • Like 9

Yeah. Because when shamy were broken up lenny flaunt it in their face. They were there for them and shamy just showed how immature they are by laughing at their problems instead of being there for them. Yeah great friends.

• Like 6

I've read in various posts that Leonard and Penny shouldn't be having the taking-me-for-granted problem this early in their marriage. I don't agree with this because they might be newlyweds but they've been in a relationship with each other for years and there's no law that dictates that getting married is going to slow down the natural down periods that come in a relationship. This is a problem that unmarried couples can encounter at some point. Even more, and that's the most crucial part IMO, they've spent their entire relationship practically living in each other's apartments, so actually living together isn't anything new and exciting for them, like it is for Shamy...It's more symbolic. After what, six years (?) together there's bound to be friction and moments where routine overwhelms them and makes them forget for a little while that they have to make an effort in the relationship.

• Like 9

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, Jonny said:

I will by no means say that your post, which I've quoted, is technically wrong. However, there are other ways of interpreting what's going on. A lot of people here believe the quality of the writing of the show has diminished dramatically.

Your interpretation (from what I gathered from your post) is that it's justified because the writers write for the casual viewer, and therefore they must put literary integrity second, and it doesn't really matter if characters are being written inconsistently, or if some things are OOC, and all of this results in the overall story being written in an inorganic way.

I believe there is an alternative way of doing things: Writing the story in a consistent way, have the characters have internal logic, and telling the story, for lack of a better word "better". IMO, Game of Thrones does that. It is not written for the casual viewer. In the case of that show you really need to be involved in the overall story to really appreciate it, and the many stories being handled all at once demand heavy viewer involvement. Nevertheless it is thriving and it is the most watched show in the world.

I'm not stupid and I know it is a period drama and not a sit-com, and there are countless other differences, but my point is it can be done. As I said, not that I think your post is wrong, but perhaps things could be looked at differently. Perhaps the show could be written as well as it was before and be funnier and have as many viewers as it does now.

Obviously all I've written is highly subjective, and JMO.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I will by no means say that your post, which I've quoted, is technically wrong. However, there are other ways of interpreting what's going on. A lot of people here believe the quality of the writing of the show has diminished dramatically.

Your interpretation (from what I gathered from your post) is that it's justified because the writers write for the casual viewer, and therefore they must put literary integrity second, and it doesn't really matter if characters are being written inconsistently, or if some things are OOC, and all of this results in the overall story being written in an inorganic way.

I believe there is an alternative way of doing things: Writing the story in a consistent way, have the characters have internal logic, and telling the story, for lack of a better word "better". IMO, Game of Thrones does that. It is not written for the casual viewer. In the case of that show you really need to be involved in the overall story to really appreciate it, and the many stories being handled all at once demand heavy viewer involvement. Nevertheless it is thriving and it is the most watched show in the world.

I'm not stupid and I know it is a period drama and not a sit-com, and there are countless other differences, but my point is it can be done. As I said, not that I think your post is wrong, but perhaps things could be looked at differently. Perhaps the show could be written as well as it was before and be funnier and have as many viewers as it does now.

Obviously all I've written is highly subjective, and JMO.

c_0011.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, veejay said:

c_0011.gif

Yikes!  This gif brings to mind Chuckles the Clown and his eulogy on The Mary Tyler Moore Show:  "a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.".....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes!  This gif brings to mind Chuckles the Clown and his eulogy on The Mary Tyler Moore Show:  "a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.".....

c_0045.gif

Sorry about that. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, serena_1995 said:

As for Sheldon , taking steps to be considerate of people ? Good for him, to improve upon himself. He may never be a perfect socially acceptable fella, but his attempts to ask questions to his friends , were  funny enough and good for Amy if she appreciates that.

No. The writers fitting him to the storyline. Proof? 9.5 seasons of TBBT.

• Like 2

Yeah I think Sheldon Attempting to be courteous. Is just fitting for the sake of storyline. I mean if the "Sheldon has Evolved" crowd is so adamant. We need to see it consistently. One moment he's courteous. Next he's a Entitled, inconsiderate jackass. Like I'm The Property Division Episide. The way he was to Leonard was so out of line. Itchy Brain Level. Because he's evolved they should be writing him more consistently. But nope. Thing is it's not just Sheldon. It's his friends. His behaviour in that episode particularly was so borderline inn appropriate. Just like in 10.4 The Cohabatation Experienmentation. Sheldon suggested Penny was/is a Slut. And Leonard said nothing. Two examples this season. Of his friends enabling him, and letting him get away with it.

Having some stranger stay at their place. Was so out of line. It's mind boggling they still let him get away with stuff like that. I mean how is he ever going to learn? Well thing is he has, and he still pulls crap like this. And I'm sorry I stand by my opinion. Shamy acting like sensual, honey teenagers was incredibly Ooc for them. Especially considering they just did it to create some stale contrast to Lenny. Who were clearly not acting like horny teenagers. So that's beside the point. I felt Shamy came across incredibly immature. But that's jmo. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

Seems like the writers can't win with Sheldon. People complain about him changing and missing the old Sheldon but when they occasionally throw in some old school Sheldon like behaviour or traits they don't like it. True I complained about the RA development but I don't miss the old Sheldon at all.

In terms of the consistency argument he has evolved, changed and grown but not completely. It's still very much a work in progress and I have to say I much prefer this new Sheldon that does treat his girlfriend and his friends better but he's still going to have his moments. I don't think he will ever change fully and one could make an argument that maybe he shouldn't as a lot of those traits are who he is.

I can't ever criticize someone who wants to try and change for the better, to become a better person if they should want to do so. It's not like he is now being dragged along and forced into changing, there are clearly aspects about himself that he wants to change. He's driving a lot of these life changing developments this Season himself.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

This is jmo but I've never been a fan of sheldon neither early on the show or now. The character just gets on my nerves

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3