[Spoiler Free] Season 10 Discsusion

Tensor

This is the Spoiler Free, Season 9 Discussion topic.  Discussion of anything having to do with Season 9 can be discussed here. Also, this is the place for spoiler free discussion of Ships other than Shamy.   Spoilers, or even officially released episode specific material are not allowed, until after the episode airs.

• 3 months later...

Question- do the aired promos count as spoilers in this thread? 

I'm spoiler free except for the promo that just aired, which is my game plan for the season. Obviously, there was no hiding from the coitus spoiler last season, but I really regretted that I knew everything about how it was going to play out. It took away some of the enjoyment of the episode and build up for me. With the ring still in play as well as Bernadette being pregnant (which I assume means she's going to give birth this season during a sweeps episode- especially since season 11 is not guaranteed), we have some big moments for the show coming up. 

Wishlist:

More Rajamon!

Howard and the guys taking care of robotic babies for the weekend ahead of Baby Howardette's arrival. 

Leonard and Penny finally move into 4B, leaving Sheldon to learn how to live by himself for a few episodes before either proposing to Amy or asking her to move in with him in preparation for marriage. 

More old school guys nerding out plots. D&D 5th edition just came out recently and it's more storytelling based (Howard's strong point), versus mechanics (which I assume Sheldon to be). 

A definite answer to the Shamy have they/ haven't they had coitus since Amy's birthday question. Bonus points for horny Sheldon who decides not to wait. In my head cannon, there was an addendum to the relationship agreement specifying when and how coitus is to occur. I'd love to see Sheldon trying to find a loophole in his own contract. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I feel extremely sorry that I have to say this aloud. In my opinion, the show isn't what it used to be anymore, and by this I don't just mean that the characters have evolved from the years they were when the show began. It isn't about that. It is good that characters do evolve in the show; times goes by in their fictional world as well. The actors and characters get older and new phases of life. But the current problem in the show, at least for me, isn't about evolving characters and development per se. The problem, the way I see it, is the (lack of good, intuitive) humour and how it is nowadays generated. Humour isn't present in the way it used to be, also the source of the humour has changed significantly. Because this significant aspect of the show has changed, the tone of the whole show or overall development seems really stagnant. I feel they try to generate humor from sources or situations that there is nothing to laugh about. The show isn't funny in the sense as it used to be. Some episodes from this season reminds me lot about Friends.  That's not why I fell in love with TBBT in the first place.

I used to love this show very much, with is unique characters. I'm so sorry to say this, but for me, the show and some characters are only a shadow what they used to be. I don't know if I bear to watch the show anymore or not. I really miss old Big Bang Theory from seasons 1-5.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2016 at 2:39 PM, Catlina said:

I feel extremely sorry that I have to say this aloud. In my opinion, the show isn't what it used to be anymore, and by this I don't just mean that the characters have evolved from the years they were when the show began. It isn't about that. It is good that characters do evolve in the show; times goes by in their fictional world as well. The actors and characters get older and new phases of life. But the current problem in the show, at least for me, isn't about evolving characters and development per se. The problem, the way I see it, is the (lack of good, intuitive) humour and how it is nowadays generated. Humour isn't present in the way it used to be, also the source of the humour has changed significantly. Because this significant aspect of the show has changed, the tone of the whole show or overall development seems really stagnant. I feel they try to generate humor from sources or situations that there is nothing to laugh about. The show isn't funny in the sense as it used to be. Some episodes from this season reminds me lot about Friends.  That's not why I fell in love with TBBT in the first place.

I used to love this show very much, with is unique characters. I'm so sorry to say this, but for me, the show and some characters are only a shadow what they used to be. I don't know if I bear to watch the show anymore or not. I really miss old Big Bang Theory from seasons 1-5.

Sadly I agree with a lot of what you say here. I have started watching the show in a different light. I watch it not expecting to be really excited to watch it over and over again. I treat it as a weekly show that I enjoy watching, but not one that I am going to obsess over throughout the week. That has helped me see more positives in it as compared to the end of last year, where I was tempted to call it quits. I am mostly watching because I want to see how everything wraps up. And of course that ring. :)

I want a time jump for the series finale that takes us 3 to 5 years in the future, where we get to see where our characters end up. I really don't want this to be the last season because I want the writers to know which season is the last before they start filming that season. Since as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed there will be a next season yet. I hope when they do announce it, they announce it as their last. That is of course just my hope. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 1:05 PM, dana1010 said:

Any spoiler free guesses on Howardette baby gender? 

My guess is a baby girl that they will name after Howard's mom. 

Honestly, I haven't given this much thought. I'm really not looking forward to this additional plot point as I don't see any way this will actually add to the TBBT experience. All I can envision coming from this is tired old jokes about crying babies, no sleep, and dirty diapers. Hardly anything that has not been done to death on other shows. 

• Like 2

Nothing confirmed yet, if you go by all the speculation in the media it might be the last season. You have to take their articles with a pinch of salt as they aren't the really reputable ones.

Don't think we will know for a good while yet if we get a season 11 and beyond.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

Nothing confirmed yet, if you go by all the speculation in the media it might be the last season. You have to take their articles with a pinch of salt as they aren't the really reputable ones.

Don't think we will know for a good while yet if we get a season 11 and beyond.

Thanks for the reply. I am not happy about the answer. I don't want this season to be their last. If it is, then I just hope that the writers have a plan on how to end the series. 

• 1 month later...

Relationship agreement for Lenny. Not sure how I feel about this, but honestly if it will give Lenny some more stories and screen time then I am all for it. They deserve to be treated like a married couple and have storylines related to married couples. They have been ignored for far too long. 

• Like 2