Tripper

[Spoilers] Non-Season 10 Show Discussion

381 posts in this topic

Posted

The only reference made in the first episode was Penny lived with Kurt for 4 years. No reference to her actually age.

Posted

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The only reference made in the first episode was Penny lived with Kurt for 4 years. No reference to her actually age.

In Valentino Submergence she said she was 22 when she met Leonard. Given that her birthday is December 2nd, she must be 31 years old now.

Posted

From episode 2x03 "The Barbarian Sublimation" which aired October 6, 2008.

Sheldon: I must say, you’re playing very well for a woman of 23?

Penny: 22.

Sheldon: Right. 22.

So, she turned 23 in December 2008, which made 1985 her year of birth. The same as Kaley.

Penny saying she was 22 when she first met Leonard, in "The Valentino Submergence" is...well...TBBT and continuity. :icon_rolleyes: Penny was 21 when she first met Leonard, assuming that her age was right in "The Barbarian Sublimation".

Posted

But if Penny was 22 in 2007 then she not going to be 31 until 2 Dec 2016.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Posted

Why would we assume The Barbarian Sublimation is correct, and The Valentino Submergence is wrong?

Posted

There's an assumption they met on September 24, 2007. I'm confused though they have celebrated Thanks giving and Christmas there has never an actual episode on those days. Also the December 2 birthday I don't remember that. I do remember her saying she is a sagitarrius which puts her birthday between november 22 and December 21.

Posted

6 minutes ago, luminous said:

From episode 2x03 "The Barbarian Sublimation" which aired October 6, 2008.

Sheldon: I must say, you’re playing very well for a woman of 23?

Penny: 22.

Sheldon: Right. 22.

So, she turned 23 in December 2008, which made 1985 her year of birth. The same as Kaley.

Penny saying she was 22 when she first met Leonard, in "The Valentino Submergence" is...well...TBBT and continuity. :icon_rolleyes: Penny was 21 when she first met Leonard, assuming that her age was right in "The Barbarian Sublimation".

Oh thank goodness, I'm not crazy, I knew there was a reason I thought she was born in 1985. LOL

Tonstar17, Lagernisse, mjc45 and 1 other like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why would we assume The Barbarian Sublimation is correct, and The Valentino Submergence is wrong?

Hmm...Why would we assume The Valentino Submergence is correct, and The Barbarian Sublimation is wrong?

Lagernisse and Tonstar17 like this

Posted

Just like you assuming the The Valentino Submergence correct and The Barbarian Sublimation is wrong.

Posted

Just now, Lagernisse said:

Leonard mention her birthday in Platonic Permutation in season 9 when he had been going through her journal. 

Correct!

Penny: Well, you don’t know everything about me.

Leonard: Your birthday is December 2, you grew up on Perkins Street, the last four digits of your social are 7 6-2 1, and the odds of me letting you forget this are zero.

Tonstar17, mjc45, 3ku11 and 2 others like this

Posted

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

There's an assumption they met on September 24, 2007.

It's not an assumption.

Sheldon states it as a fact (he remembers it distinctly, because he had just composed his annual poem, commemorating the anniversary of Dr. Seuss’s death), and it's also the date the pilot episode was broadcast.

Posted

You do know that just because Sheldon says something doesn't make it facts. He has been known to be wrong on many occasions.

legacy99 likes this

Posted

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

You do know that just because Sheldon says something doesn't make it facts. He has been known to be wrong on many occasions.

I don´t think we need this discussion in the Lenny thread please. 

veejay likes this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

He has an eidetic memory, and can even remember how much Penny owes them for the food.

I think I'd trust him, wrt when Penny moved into 4B.

Also, it ties up with the anniversary of Dr. Seuss's death, and the broadcast date of the pilot episode.

Given all the above, I think we can take September 24th 2007 as an established date, for Penny moving in.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

Seems odd to move into an apartment on the 24th and on a Monday.

legacy99 likes this

Posted (edited)

Penny's age is simply another case of TBBT's sloppy treatment of continuity. :icon_rolleyes:

Since "The Barbarian Sublimation" aired more than 7 years before "The Valentino Submergence" I go along with Penny's statement in the former episode. So, in my book Penny was born on December 2, 1985.

Edited by luminous

Posted

He has an eidetic memory, and can even remember how much Penny owes them for the food.

I think I'd trust him, wrt when Penny moved into 4B.

Also, it ties up with the anniversary of Dr. Seuss's death, and the broadcast date of the pilot episode.

How can he remember how much penny as you say owes THEM for food. Sheldon has never bought penny takeout food. Its always Leonard who paid for her food. Thats canon. Again Sheldon is wrong on many occasions. He makes things up.

legacy99 likes this

Posted

I think it's more likely Penny knew how old she was talking to Sheldon in season 2 than talking to Leonard in season 9.  If I remember correctly she corrected Sheldon.

Lagernisse and Tonstar17 like this

Posted

Okay, suggestion to reconcile these two things: When she met Leonard she was almost 22 so that's the age she thought of when she mentioned it to him in Valentino Submergence.

Tonstar17, Tensor, mjc45 and 2 others like this

Posted

44 minutes ago, April said:

Okay, suggestion to reconcile these two things: When she met Leonard she was almost 22 so that's the age she thought of when she mentioned it to him in Valentino Submergence.

Exactly.  That is referred to as Age Nearest Birthday, instead of the more colloquially used Age Last Birthday.  Or, as it might be more commonly thought of here, close enough for this discussion.

Posted

49 minutes ago, April said:

To cause even more confusion, in "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis" Dave Underhill states she is a "..gorgeous 22 year old." and Penny doesn't correct him.  That show aired on the 15th of December 2008.  Which means she turned 22 on December 2, 2008, turned 21 on December 2, 2007, and so was 20 when she moved into 4B.  

Or we can just put it down to inconsistent writing about her age, and pick which age we want to use.   

Lagernisse likes this

Posted

She kept claiming to be 22 for several years--Sheldon has even called her out on it a couple times-like even though her resume says she's 22, she clearly isn't.

Posted

4 hours ago, luminous said:

Correct!

Penny: Well, you don’t know everything about me.

Leonard: Your birthday is December 2, you grew up on Perkins Street, the last four digits of your social are 7 6-2 1, and the odds of me letting you forget this are zero.

MY fav Leonard line since "We? OH no, you've had your chance to be WE for a year now. Right now your YOU, and YOUR Screwedddddd

2 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

She kept claiming to be 22 for several years--Sheldon has even called her out on it a couple times-like even though her resume says she's 22, she clearly isn't.

Oh if Sheldon called her out, her age must be wrong. He's a genius ;). She's not 22 now. We can summarise she was 20 when she met Leonard. 21 or 22 in 2008. SO she is roughly in her early 30's now. 

Posted

On 18/07/2016 at 2:20 AM, 3ku11 said:

MY fav Leonard line since "We? OH no, you've had your chance to be WE for a year now. Right now your YOU, and YOUR Screwedddddd

Oh if Sheldon called her out, her age must be wrong. He's a genius ;). She's not 22 now. We can summarise she was 20 when she met Leonard. 21 or 22 in 2008. SO she is roughly in her early 30's now. 

So 16 when she moved in with Kurt?

Is anyone else reminded of the notorious calculations of Bishop Usher when reading this thread?