Tripper

[Spoilers] Non-Season 10 Show Discussion

381 posts in this topic

Posted

45 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

So 16 when she moved in with Kurt?

Is anyone else reminded of the notorious calculations of Bishop Usher when reading this thread?

?
"Usher's account of historical events for which he had multiple sources other than the Bible is usually in close agreement with modern accounts."

:shy:

Posted

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

Is anyone else reminded of the notorious calculations of Bishop Usher when reading this thread?

I don´t want any more grey hair on my head, so I have decided to stop worry about Pennys age and the characters economy, because nothing make sense. :icon_cheesygrin:

veejay likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I don´t want any more grey hair on my head, so I have decided to stop worry about Pennys age and the characters economy, because nothing make sense. :icon_cheesygrin:

The TBBT universe has it own mysterious hidden logic.

Posted

On 14/07/2016 at 1:06 AM, 3ku11 said:

Well IMO none of those above relationships are equally as important as Lenny. The story of Leonard and Penny is the central theme of the show. IT is the main and longest running story of the show. You coudl take away all of those stuff, other then Leonard and Sheldon. And it would make no difference on the show Leonard and Penny are the central nucleus of the show. I am not saying those relationships, are not important. But other then the LEonard and Sheldon dynamic they are not integral to the show, so have to disagree about them being as equally important as Leonard and PEnny's relationship 

OK, I entirely agree that L&P is the driving story arc - their relationship is dynamic. The other relationships I mentioned are static (except perhaps P-S to some extent) but they form the framework or foundation of the show. One might say they are the frame within which the Penny and Leonard relationship moves.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Shes susposed to move to Pasadena to become a famous actress. SO I think she was living in California FOur Years before she meet Leonard and the guys. So yes 16 With Kurt, that lasted Four Years. What I don't get is she lived with someone she diddn't truley love, well not in the deep way she does Leonard. But lived with the guy For Four years. But refuses alot of times to live with Leonard. Even now they are married, they can't live in one place at the same time. Yet she lived with another guy for Four Years. They should do an episode, explaining Penny's life before she meet the guys. Their is that Four Year Gap where she was living with Kurt, and before she meet Leonard and Sheldon in the Pilot. Be kinda interesting. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

I think Penny graduated High School at home at 18, then left for California with boyfriend Kurt; lived with him for almost 4 years that were not ideal, then moved into 4A at about age 22.  I think a lot of her commitment to Leonard problems stem from the Kurt relationship. This was all explained in "and that's the story of Penny" in episode 1:1

Posted

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

What I don't get is she lived with someone she diddn't truley love, well not in the deep way she does Leonard. But lived with the guy For Four years. But refuses alot of times to live with Leonard.

I don't get it either, tbh. Living with Kurt for 4 years...no problem for Penny. But she is hesitant resp. not ready to live with Leonard in "Spoiler Alert Segmentation".

Maybe someone has an explanation. I have none till this day. :scratchhead:

Posted

2 hours ago, luminous said:

I don't get it either, tbh. Living with Kurt for 4 years...no problem for Penny. But she is hesitant resp. not ready to live with Leonard in "Spoiler Alert Segmentation".

Maybe someone has an explanation. I have none till this day. :scratchhead:

I guess the idea was that Kurt damaged her, her catching him cheating being the final straw, even though she kind of knew he was cheating but was in denial.  She seemed to be recovering with Mike, she even told Leonard it was serious, then they had the fight over the blog and he quickly replaced her, proving he didn't actually love her.  (Did we ever actually see Mike in the show?). After that Penny was never in a true long term relationship, so we were, I guess, suppose to believe she had trust and commitment issues from those failed relationships and that is why Leonard had trouble getting through to her.

It is sort of like the I Love You, she told Leonard she said it before and look how those relationships ended, so we can assume she meant Kurt and Mike.  There is no evidence she told any guy she loved them, not even Zack, once she started her relationship with Leonard in season 3 and the first time since then was when she told Leonard in season 6.

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I guess the idea was that Kurt damaged her, her catching him cheating being the final straw, even though she kind of knew he was cheating but was in denial.  She seemed to be recovering with Mike, she even told Leonard it was serious, then they had the fight over the blog and he quickly replaced her, proving he didn't actually love her.  (Did we ever actually see Mike in the show?). After that Penny was never in a true long term relationship, so we were, I guess, suppose to believe she had trust and commitment issues from those failed relationships and that is why Leonard had trouble getting through to her.

It is sort of like the I Love You, she told Leonard she said it before and look how those relationships ended, so we can assume she meant Kurt and Mike.  There is no evidence she told any guy she loved them, not even Zack, once she started her relationship with Leonard in season 3 and the first time since then was when she told Leonard in season 6.

Wasn't Mike the guy Penny kissed in the hallway at the same time Leonard was kissing Leslie winkle. Leonard and Penny was almost competing who could kiss with most passion 

Posted

5 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Wasn't Mike the guy Penny kissed in the hallway at the same time Leonard was kissing Leslie winkle. Leonard and Penny was almost competing who could kiss with most passion 

I don't know, I thought he was a one night stand based on the way she pushed him away frustrated after Leonard went back in his apartment.

Posted

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I don't know, I thought he was a one night stand based on the way she pushed him away frustrated after Leonard went back in his apartment.

You could be right, I don't really remember to be honest 

Posted

Mike was the blog guy.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Posted

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Mike was the blog guy.

Are you referring to the guy, who posted about him and Penny making out, in the Subway food store?

Posted

10 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Mike was the blog guy.

Yep.

S1 EP17 - The Tangerine Factor
L: What happened?
P: Well, I went over to Mike's to make up with him…
L: Yeah, no, I know that part.
P: But he had already moved on.

o_0067.gif

...there's the result...:shy:

Tonstar17 likes this

Posted

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Are you referring to the guy, who posted about him and Penny making out, in the Subway food store?

Yes, we never saw him (I think) but she was suppose to be in a relationship with him.  Do you remember in the episode with Missy and Leonard won the right to ask her out first, the first thing he asked first Penny when she answered the door is if her and Mike were still a thing.  He obviously was not going to ask Missy out if Penny was now unattached.

veejay likes this

Posted

I don't think he was a one night stand because when Sheldon's twin came to town. Leonard asked penny how it was going with Mike b4 he asked out Missy. And there was a few references to him. Like the competitive kiss and meeting the guys in the hallway all dressed up as medieval characters.

Lagernisse likes this

Posted

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't think he was a one night stand because when Sheldon's twin came to town. Leonard asked penny how it was going with Mike b4 he asked out Missy. And there was a few references to him. Like the competitive kiss and meeting the guys in the hallway all dressed up as medieval characters.

They never said who the guys were in those episodes, was it the same guy?  If it was the same guy it could have been Mike.

Posted

They never said who the guys were in those episodes, was it the same guy?  If it was the same guy it could have been Mike.

If i remember correctly leonard did say how is it going with Mike. And penny said good. And on the staircase penny introduced him as as Mike. I might be wrong though.

veejay likes this

Posted

S1 EP 15 - The Pork Chop Indeterminacy

L: Oh,hi,penny.
P: How's it going?
L: Listen,that guy mike that you were dating, is that still going on?
P: Pretty much.

:shy:

Tonstar17 and Lagernisse like this

Posted

From 1.14 The Nerdvanna Annihilation:

Penny: Oh. Wow. Good for you. (Kisses Leonard's cheek.)

Leonard: Thanks. Hey, do you want to, I don’t know, later…

Good looking man coming up stairs: Excuse me. Hey, Penny!

Penny: Hi Mike.

Mike: Are you ready to go. 

Penny: Yeah, I just have to change.

Mike grabbing at Penny's butt: I’ll give you a hand.

Penny: Oh, stop it! Bye guys.

Posted

9 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Episode 2.02 The Codpiece Topology had the Kiss Competition and Penny introduced him at the start as her friend Eric.

Lagernisse and veejay like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah Mike was the guy from Nerdvanna Annilation S1, one of my all time fav BBT eps. That ultimately led to them breaking up over the blog. The guy that Penny was kissing to compete with Leonard, was Eric. As above from 2.02 The Codpiece Topology. And just like with Zac in S4 The Justice League Recombination. I don't think he got laid some how :icon_biggrin:.  We know Mike did, frequently. I always wondered that, Penny claimed she was cut deep from Kurt. Yet started dating straight away. I guess that is all she knew. A Cute guy would charm her. Then he would turn out to be a A Hole. Ala DU. Leonard was the first guy who treated her like a Queen, most of the time ahem. Leonard was kinda her Superhero in a way. Albiet a Flawed Superhero. 

I can agree that Penny had been burnt in the past, so she was hesitant to commit to Leonard fully. So she put up a wall. But by the end of S6, I Don't know Penny had no reason to not fully commit anymore. She could of married Leonard or moved in together. But they dragged that out Three years. I guess it is less a Penny Character thing. And more a writing issue for me. 

9 hours ago, veejay said:

Yep.

S1 EP17 - The Tangerine Factor
L: What happened?
P: Well, I went over to Mike's to make up with him…
L: Yeah, no, I know that part.
P: But he had already moved on.

o_0067.gif

...there's the result...:shy:

Baby Lenny :icon_biggrin:

Edited by 3ku11
veejay and Lagernisse like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Zhalen565 said:

Episode 2.02 The Codpiece Topology had the Kiss Competition and Penny introduced him at the start as her friend Eric.

Now I remember that scene,thanks @Zhalen565 for that. 

Posted

1 hour ago, Zhalen565 said:

Heheheeheh, watching each other kiss someone else(and then having to reacting and up their kissing) had to be interesting for Kaley and Johnny, as they were dating at the time.   Although Kaley was well aware that Sara was gay.

Lagernisse likes this

Posted

6 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Now I remember that scene,thanks @Zhalen565 for that. 

Happy to help, I've always loved that scene, especially The look on Pennys face as Leonard and Leslie upped their kiss.

JohnPhD likes this