Tripper

[Spoilers] Non-Season 10 Show Discussion

381 posts in this topic

Posted

Always funny the kiss of in S2. Penny would date her type around then. But would always make sure she made it clear to the men she was dating, and potential women in Leonards life. He and She is not for keeps. Almost like a Lion protecting her cub. Like with Stephanie, she walked in her nighties haha. Like how in S5ish you never saw Penny in a serious relationship. In fact other then Leonard and Kurt, I Don't think Penny was ever in a serious relationship. She is similar to Phoebe their. 

Posted (edited)

I was just wondering, do you think people's perception of this show in terms of quality. IS determined by the fact the fanbase and audience is much larger then it was post syndication? I mean I Was looking at a poll for best Season Finalies. And S8 won LOL, it has 55% of the votes. Really? Leonard cheating, and Shamy breaking up is the best ever? Yeah no. I am thinking maybe the proportion of the audience is much larger then it was post 2010. So more numbers means a bigger percentage. So it is all subjective. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I was just wondering, do you think people's perception of this show in terms of quality. IS determined by the fact the fanbase and audience is much larger then it was post syndication? I mean I Was looking at a poll for best Season Finalies. And S8 won LOL, it has 55% of the votes. Really? Leonard cheating, and Shamy breaking up is the best ever? Yeah no. I am thinking maybe the proportion of the audience is much larger then it was post 2010. So more numbers means a bigger percentage. So it is all subjective. 

I can't follow your train of thought.

I don't think quality has much to do with this question. Perception has more to do with personal preference and definitely is subjective. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I can't follow your train of thought.

I don't think quality has much to do with this question. Perception has more to do with personal preference and definitely is subjective. 

You know I don't agree with that. I can't see anyone who watches the show prefering to see Leonard cheat lol But anyway was just a theory I was throwing out their. I mean when the 200th ep aired, most comments on forums partic here. Was people did not like it, and were kinda lukewarm to the episode. But just saw a poll, And 55% voted Excellent. SO I don't know whos voting, but clearly it is subjective. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I don't think they will cancel it, whether we will actually see it or not on television remains to be seen. I'm not one of the writers so I don't know why they pick a particular plot or what their ultimate aim is with the various subplots attached to it. I am just putting it out there that we we necessarily want to see or what we think will happen might not actually happen. The writers have said themselves we might not even see a re-do hence all this speculation.

I agree it was awful, but I don't know if the casual viewers felt that way. I guess the writers and all those associated who know their show best will know if they fubared the whole scene or not.

Most review on the internet did not like the episode and the wedding in particular. Many people in the comments section hated the episode.

Edited by Lagernisse
JE7 and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Most review on the internet did not like the episode and the wedding in particular. Many people in the comments section hated the episode.

While I really didn't like how the wedding was shown to us on screen (you know, with the Shamy fight cut in between, not showing the "I do's", "You may now kiss the bride", etc.), I loved the vows. They were beautiful IMO.

Posted (edited)

Sorry the vows don't make up for the shitty Season 8, the shitty oh I cheated. And the crappy Wedding. Where Sheldon interuppted most of it. They spent the whole of S8 ignoring the fact Lenny were an engaged couple. Rather have Penny stare creepily into Sheldon's eyeballs. Then when they did acknowledge it. They threw in oh I cheated, to counter Shamy break up. Which was a pathetically lazy attempt to create drama for a finalie. So therefore throwing Leonard under a bus. OF course LEonard only brought it up after 2 years. Because he was subconciously sabotaging himself. SO while the vows were nice I am sorry but they no where near make up for that crap. The point was it wasen't just the wedding or that one episode. it was crap because everything leading up to it wsa. A Whole season of ignoring Lenny. Then they go the clichied lets go to vegas. It was rushed, and poorly planned. But that is just how I feel. The person who wrote the season 8 final should of been fired on the spot.  Sorry every time I think of that finalie, it just riles me up :laugh:.  Worser then the Penny and Raj Season 4 finalie imo. 

Edited by 3ku11
agt_1, HeWolf and Lagernisse like this

Posted

11 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Sorry the vows don't make up for the shitty Season 8, the shitty oh I cheated. And the crappy Wedding. Where Sheldon interuppted most of it. They spent the whole of S8 ignoring the fact Lenny were an engaged couple. Rather have Penny stare creepily into Sheldon's eyeballs. Then when they did acknowledge it. They threw in oh I cheated, to counter Shamy break up. Which was a pathetically lazy attempt to create drama for a finalie. So therefore throwing Leonard under a bus. OF course LEonard only brought it up after 2 years. Because he was subconciously sabotaging himself. SO while the vows were nice I am sorry but they no where near make up for that crap. The point was it wasen't just the wedding or that one episode. it was crap because everything leading up to it wsa. A Whole season of ignoring Lenny. Then they go the clichied lets go to vegas. It was rushed, and poorly planned. But that is just how I feel. The person who wrote the season 8 final should of been fired on the spot.  Sorry every time I think of that finalie, it just riles me up :laugh:

Season 8 is easy the worst season, nothing else is close. The laughs was few and far between.

I still don´t get it, why do you get Lenny engaged in season 7 and then not doing anything with it in season 8 before the final episode. 

I´m not asking for a Lenny love parade but there could have been some scenes that was dealing with their marriage planing.

agt_1 likes this

Posted

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

Season 8 is easy the worst season, nothing else is close. The laughs was few and far between.

I still don´t get it, why do you get Lenny engaged in season 7 and then not doing anything with it in season 8 before the final episode. 

I´m not asking for a Lenny love parade but there could have been some scenes that was dealing with their marriage planing.

Idon't know maybe to spear people of the wedding planning. Or I can think of. I personally beleived Leny should of never got engaged in S7. I personally beleived Series final should of been their wedding. But it is what it is now. They were in a good place now in S9 final. I just think they went the wrong way about it getting their. That and the now dragged out living arrangements, that has put the show into a moving pattern. 

Posted (edited)

@ Lenny's wedding vows: I don't like what led up the wedding/the vows too. But of course that doesn't prevent me from loving them. In this case I see the vows as isolated, solitary things. But that is just how I feel. :p

And speaking of season 8. While it's ranked at the bottom of my favorite seasons list, I will buy the Blu-ray of it, as soon as the price is ok. I want my collections complete. :wink:

Edited by luminous
Jonny and mjc45 like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

It was a big surprise to me they did no panning. My guess is the writers don't want to be predictable and perhaps they feel weddings and wedding planning has been done to death on TV. I expect surprises watching TBBT and the lack of any planning was a surprise.

Posted

4 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Oddly, that was one of the few joys I got from that shit wedding -- the overwhelming negative responses on multiple social media sites. I have no idea, but I like to think (hope) that TPTB are aware of the profound displeasure of the general viewership for that total crap wedding. But do they really care that, in the fans eyes, that the wedding was a POS? I guess we'll find out IF they give us a re-do and how they choose to handle it.

JE7, Lagernisse and veejay like this

Posted

1 hour ago, 5Mississippis said:

Oddly, that was one of the few joys I got from that shit wedding -- the overwhelming negative responses on multiple social media sites. I have no idea, but I like to think (hope) that TPTB are aware of the profound displeasure of the general viewership for that total crap wedding. But do they really care that, in the fans eyes, that the wedding was a POS? I guess we'll find out IF they give us a re-do and how they choose to handle it.

Just out of curiosity. Do you think the vows were also - to use your wording - a "piece of shit"? I'm one of the fans you mentioned, a hardcore Lenny, and I say it again: I loved at least the vows.

Posted

I find it odd that the kiss was never mentioned again after the second episode.  I think (and like to hope) they realized they f@@ked up big time with that story arc and just decided to drop it and never mention it again.

Lagernisse and mjc45 like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, luminous said:

Just out of curiosity. Do you think the vows were also - to use your wording - a "piece of shit"? I'm one of the fans you mentioned, a hardcore Lenny, and I say it again: I loved at least the vows.

The vows were lovely, everything else not so great.

I know you weren´t talking to me, but I just wanted to say what i felt about the vows.

27 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I find it odd that the kiss was never mentioned again after the second episode.  I think (and like to hope) they realized they f@@ked up big time with that story arc and just decided to drop it and never mention it again.

i think you´re right there @Kathy2611.  I think it is the same as the season 4 finale(and we don´t need to discuss that topic again), the writers thought they were funny but the fans did not enjoy it.

Edited by Lagernisse
mjc45, Kathy2611, veejay and 1 other like this

Posted

Oh trust me the writers are not done yet. Every season since S7 the writers seem to test the audience with how far they can go with S & P and its gets weirder everytime. Im dreading what they are going to cook up for S10 for them.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

5Mississippis, veejay and JE7 like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Oh trust me the writers are not done yet. Every season since S7 the writers seem to test the audience with how far they can go with S & P and its gets weirder everytime. Im dreading what they are going to cook up for S10 for them.

Leonard's drunken kiss had nothing to do with Sheldon and Penny. :icon_neutral:

Posted

Leonard's drunken kiss had nothing to do with Sheldon and Penny. :icon_neutral:

Opps sorry thought they were talking about the dream kiss in S9x2. My bad.

Posted

23 minutes ago, luminous said:

For me, they were tainted. In the minority here, but I found very little to like, vows included. Hated Leonard's rapid 'yes' paired with Penny's equally rapid 'no' when the officiant asked if they had prepared any vows. As a hardcore Lenny too, I found that very painful. I liked Leonard's bit, he really put thought and love into it. It was thoughtful, original, unique. Kudos given. Hated that Penny could only cite that Leonard was 'the love of her life' and 'best friend'. True, but they are overused and cliched and can be found on any Hallmark card and e-greeting. Nothing original or from the heart. When pressed, her use of the word 'friend' brought forth the lyrics from You Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story. Zero effort from Penny because all she demonstrated was a flight of ideas. But hey, the majority of folks seem to love it and get all emotionally gooey from it. Not me. Like I said, tainted and very little to like. 

Posted

1 hour ago, Kathy2611 said:

I hope that too. That crappy retconning out of nowhere a year ago was a punch in the gut. I still want to slap the writers for that. :punish:

JE7 and veejay like this

Posted

Sorry jmo, but saying the vows were lovely (They were), some how makes up for the shoddy wedding. IT does not. IT is almost like they threw in those vows to soften the blow. Well I did not buy it for one second :icon_biggrin:,  You can't go omg were engaged. Omg who are you for 23 episodes. Then OMG I cheated on you Penny two years ago. Do you blame me, look at your hair :laugh:. Why did I only choose to reveal it now? Cos I am a dick, and I am trying to sabotage myself duh. Considering Penny's history with cheaters, she was strangely quiet and calm about the whole thing.  But while i thought Lenny's enganement was the only thing they got right. IT was beautiful in their own disaster kinda way lol. In BBT, they spent S8 diminishing Lenny, not even acknowleding the whole thing. Then when they did, they threw in manufactured angst for a finalie. It was rushed and poorly planned, therefore so was the actual wedding. IF they actually developed it properly through out Season 8. Instead of wasting 23 precious episodes on absoloute nothing. Then maybe we would be remembeing, ahh what a great wedding that was. Lenny really had theirt day diddn't they, hmmmm. I felt the S8 final was like Chuck Lorre most likely was pulling a middle finger to the audience. 

And a point on the living arrangements. Lenny being a newly married couple need privacy, and space. But they never got that. Because Sheldon in 2003 Approximation threw a panty, and threw his toys out of the cot. So of course Lenny had to change their lifes, to accomodate Sheldon. That meant paying two rent just to appease the Selfish Crybaby. But it is what it is. The show is stuck in a moving pattern, that has no end in sight. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Opps sorry thought they were talking about the dream kiss in S9x2. My bad.

All of the "bad" SP scenes or plots have been all dream sequences. I don't beleive they well do anything different to what they have been doing. 9x23 was Shenny of of old, comic SP.  I enjoy their peculiar friendship. IT is so harmless imo. To me by 9x24 it is obvious they have moved on. I mean they have establiished Lenny are endgame,  IT is funny I talk to some Shennys or Former. And they laugh, because to them they are disenchanted. Because they have moved on, as it is so obvious Lenny are endgame. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments on other members opinions.

Posted

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Mind you, Leonard also crowed about it, when he realized Alex was hitting on him.

Likewise, he was pretty chuffed, when he made out with Alice, while dating Priya. He had two women on the go, at the same time.

They were all younger and singler then. In one's early thirties even two or three years is a lot of growing-up time. Attitudes change.

Posted

LEonard never had Alicia and Priya on the go at the same time. Raj is actually dating two women. HE made out with Alice, stopped. Told Priya. And found out she did worser. Then they broke up, end of. Leonard is susceptible to attention from the opposite sex. So it did not surprise me. Most of S6 Leonard was chuffed younger women found him desirable. So he was really drunk and made out with some chick, who diddn't even remember it lol. What got me was he lied about it for two years. OF course it never existed until TPTB created an imaginary plane in the timeline. But technically Leonard could of told Penny at any time from 7x01 to 8x24. But he diddn't. The fact he brought it up right before their wedding. Shows he felt guilt, but it also shows he was subconciousley sabotaging himself. For me it tainted their relationship. Leonard was susposed to be her hero, that was the fairytale of Lenny. Suddenly he was just like any other guy who betrayed her in the past. So suddenly he was the villan, Now he is the flawed hero. So it changed the show for some people. Somehow they salvaged it, but it is clearly still a sore point. Prob started since Penny and Raj for some Lenny's. In any case I agree what Leonard did in S4, is not relevant. HE is much older now, and prob learnt alot over the past six years. Penny too. 

Posted

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Suddenly he was just like any other guy who betrayed her in the past.

Not really. Less white hat perhaps. She has never said she saw it that way.

JohnPhD likes this