fitzsimmons

Information For Attending A Big Bang Theory Taping

Recommended Posts

Just curious, audiences unlimited claim that a person can only attend 2 tapings per season. Does anyone know how they determine this, or has anyone been more than twice in one season since the rule kicked in?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question - the Audience Unlimited site says NO phones allowed and no lockers to store during the taping but that security MAY hold them for you. IF I get to go ( fingers crossed ) I'll be using public transport to get back to apartment I'm staying at in Hollywood. I'll have to have my phone on me if I need taxi/Uber. From others experience have security been happy to hold onto phones


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Question - the Audience Unlimited site says NO phones allowed and no lockers to store during the taping but that security MAY hold them for you. IF I get to go ( fingers crossed ) I'll be using public transport to get back to apartment I'm staying at in Hollywood. I'll have to have my phone on me if I need taxi/Uber. From others experience have security been happy to hold onto phones


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to a taping twice (once in 2015, once in 2016) and didn't have any problems. They are prepared for this, the first time I went with a friend and she had two phones with her and they didn't have a problem with that either. Just don't take other useless stuff you won't need and you should be fine. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Itwasdestined, I agree with Denyy. My dad and I both went to the first taping in August, and had phones with us for the reasons you described. They kept making a big deal out of getting rid of phones prior to going in, but when I spoke with an Audiences Unlimited attendee, they said that it wasn't a problem. Rather, they just wanted to deter as many people as possible. Security took both my dad's and my cell phones, and held them in a clear pouch with my driver's license inside. I think you'll be fine, too. I hope you're able to go!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, Itwasdestined said:

Question - the Audience Unlimited site says NO phones allowed and no lockers to store during the taping but that security MAY hold them for you. IF I get to go ( fingers crossed ) I'll be using public transport to get back to apartment I'm staying at in Hollywood. I'll have to have my phone on me if I need taxi/Uber. From others experience have security been happy to hold onto phones

You can absolutely bring your phone with you to the studio - you just have to check it in with security at the door (along with photo ID). You can either let AU know that you're traveling and don't have a car and need your phone and they won't hassle you, or you can just hide it from them until you get to security. They try to scare people about not bringing their phones to dissuade everyone from doing it - as that would really hold things up. But in your case, there's no problem bringing it in with you. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fitzsimmons said:

You can absolutely bring your phone with you to the studio - you just have to check it in with security at the door (along with photo ID). You can either let AU know that you're traveling and don't have a car and need your phone and they won't hassle you, or you can just hide it from them until you get to security. They try to scare people about not bringing their phones to dissuade everyone from doing it - as that would really hold things up. But in your case, there's no problem bringing it in with you. 

hey did u make it to the taping yesterday?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 2L344 said:

hey did u make it to the taping yesterday?

Haha yeah I was next to you! :laugh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Haha yeah I was next to you! :laugh:

Seriously?

IMG_5535.JPG

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, my Name is Svenja. I am from Germany and i will travel to california with my brother in march. We would love to join the big bang theory taping on 28th of march. The tickets should go on sale tomorrow. But i am afraid that we don't get any tickets. It seems that's very difficult. Has someone a good advice for me? What time should i start to watch for the tickets? Can anybody help?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question about tape day... Once you have been taken in to the waiting area, can you go back to your car in case you need to drop off stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Karen said:

Quick question about tape day... Once you have been taken in to the waiting area, can you go back to your car in case you need to drop off stuff?

Yes, the will give you time before they walk you across the street to the studio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, another question about tape day (maybe two)...

Do all guaranteed ticket holders get in?

What is the best time to arrive on tape day?

Thanks 

Karen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karen said:

Hi there, another question about tape day (maybe two)...

Do all guaranteed ticket holders get in?

What is the best time to arrive on tape day?

Thanks 

Karen

 

As long as you are there on time and have ID that matches the name on your ticket, you will get in with a guaranteed ticket.

I have arrived by 3:30 with guaranteed tickets. I don't recommend arriving 90 minutes prior to showtime like it says on the ticket. They play the last taped episode before the new taping begins, so you'll want to be seated before 6 p.m. for a 6:30 taping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question. Not trying to sneak anything in or do the wrong thing but does security actually search you for mobiles? If I turn it off and put it away in a money belt under my clothes so I don't have to hand it in, would they notice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Itwasdestined said:

Just a question. Not trying to sneak anything in or do the wrong thing but does security actually search you for mobiles? If I turn it off and put it away in a money belt under my clothes so I don't have to hand it in, would they notice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they do check. You actually go through two security checkpoints. If you have one on you, they will place it along with your ID in a bag, and you can pick it up after the taping.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, they do check. You actually go through two security checkpoints. If you have one on you, they will place it along with your ID in a bag, and you can pick it up after the taping.

Ok. Thanks for the info. As I said, had no intention of doing the wrong thing re using the phone. I'll be a good boy!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:


Ok. Thanks for the info. As I said, had no intention of doing the wrong thing re using the phone. I'll be a good boy!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a great time!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have a great time!

Going to the 28th. Flying in from Australia next Friday as part of 6 week voyage across the USA


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gonna be anywhere near Florida?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando for a week 20 April to April 27. But booked out from 21-26 with Kennedy, Universal and Disney.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmmmm, we may have to talk.  Nograv was there for a week, a couple of years ago.  We found a couple of hours and met at Downtown Disney...er Disney Springs is what it's called now.  It's about an hour and a half drive, that I'm more than willing to make, if we can find the time.   :shy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now