fitzsimmons

Information For Attending A Big Bang Theory Taping

232 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmmmmmm, we may have to talk.  Nograv was there for a week, a couple of years ago.  We found a couple of hours and met at Downtown Disney...er Disney Springs is what it's called now.  It's about an hour and a half drive, that I'm more than willing to make, if we can find the time.   :shy:

Might be tricky. Don't fly in until after 5:30 pm on 20th and catching an 11 am flight out to New Orleans on 27th. Disney, universal and Kennedy dominate in between. If you don't mind a night drive, could meet up the first night - not that I've mentioned it to Mrs Itwas yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
joyceraye likes this

Posted

Guaranteed tickets were up no more than 3 minutes today :icon_neutral:. Standby is up now.

Posted

On 3/15/2017 at 8:04 AM, Itwasdestined said:

Might be tricky. Don't fly in until after 5:30 pm on 20th and catching an 11 am flight out to New Orleans on 27th. Disney, universal and Kennedy dominate in between. If you don't mind a night drive, could meet up the first night - not that I've mentioned it to Mrs Itwas yetemoji16.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting to find out my rehearsal schedule. Should get an updated one in the next two days. 

Posted

I'm sorry, the 20th (the entire week for that matter) isn't good.  Were running the show every night, as our show opens on the 25th.  I really hate missing chances like this.  Anyway, hope you have a great time with your trip.  

Itwasdestined likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:

Thanks, mate! Good luck for the show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you going to the 28 march taping?

Itwasdestined and joyceraye like this

Posted

are you going to the 28 march taping?

Yes, my wife and I.

joyceraye and Kev0821 like this

Posted

I'm on the 11 am STUDIO tour. Should I go straight to line up after tour ( I have GUARANTEEDs) or will I have time to get a quick lunch? Is the queue mainly hopeful standbys or are there just as many Guaranteeds lining up early to get a best possible central seat?

Posted

1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:

Yes, my wife and I.

have fun

Posted

On 3/20/2017 at 8:29 PM, Itwasdestined said:

I'm on the 11 am STUDIO tour. Should I go straight to line up after tour ( I have GUARANTEEDs) or will I have time to get a quick lunch? Is the queue mainly hopeful standbys or are there just as many Guaranteeds lining up early to get a best possible central seat?

My recommendation is to get in line right away. Or one of you can get in line while the other grabs some lunch to go and brings it to the line. The tour is typically 3+ hours, which gets you out at about 2pm. It'll take you a good 20 minutes to walk to the line, which puts you there around 2:30. Every week is different, but I know the last taping I went to, I got in line around 1:30 and nearly everyone in front of me was guaranteed, not many standby. The thing is, you'll probably get in even if you show up around 3:30 or 4, but you're cutting it close to when standbys will start to take your place if AU staff don't see you there. If you can get your lunch to go and eat it in line, that's your safest bet. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

24 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

My recommendation is to get in line right away. Or one of you can get in line while the other grabs some lunch to go and brings it to the line. The tour is typically 3+ hours, which gets you out at about 2pm. It'll take you a good 20 minutes to walk to the line, which puts you there around 2:30. Every week is different, but I know the last taping I went to, I got in line around 1:30 and nearly everyone in front of me was guaranteed, not many standby. The thing is, you'll probably get in even if you show up around 3:30 or 4, but you're cutting it close to when standbys will start to take your place if AU staff don't see you there. If you can get your lunch to go and eat it in line, that's your safest bet. 

@fitzsimmons, were you at the March 7 taping? There weren't many standbys in line that day.

Posted

Thanks. I've just switched to the 9:30 am tour time! Getting damned excited. Fly out tomorrow!

Tensor, amethyst, notchinc and 3 others like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Thanks. I've just switched to the 9:30 am tour time! Getting damned excited. Fly out tomorrow!

Good idea going with an earlier tour time. Have fun!

Posted

4 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Is it OK for us to get excited for you?:icon_cheesygrin:

Itwasdestined and joyceraye like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

Tickets for the finale taping were up from 8:23-8:26 this morning, now sold out.

Im awaiting YOU'RE STILL BANNED email ;)

Shamyfan95, mirs1 and joyceraye like this

Posted

14 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Im awaiting YOU'RE STILL BANNED email ;)

Wait, you got a "you're banned" email in the past??

joyceraye likes this

Posted

5 minutes ago, April said:

Wait, you got a "you're banned" email in the past??

Pretty much. I got a ticket for the finale last season and later received an email saying I was taken off the attendee list due to repeat attendance. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Pretty much. I got a ticket for the finale last season and later received an email saying I was taken off the attendee list due to repeat attendance. 

Oh wow, so they're really enforcing their 2 tapings per season limit? Interesting. I don't remember you going to a S10 taping though so I guess you should be fine?? *fingers crossed*

kazzie and joyceraye like this

Posted

36 minutes ago, April said:

Oh wow, so they're really enforcing their 2 tapings per season limit? Interesting. I don't remember you going to a S10 taping though so I guess you should be fine?? *fingers crossed*

I haven't been to a taping since January 2016. So well over a year. No email yet so I guess i'm safe ;) 

Its been ok not having BBT tapings actually! It's nice to take a break and do some other things. Instead I went to several Muse gigs around Europe and Comic-con!. 

mirs1, April, spidergirl and 1 other like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I haven't been to a taping since January 2016. So well over a year. No email yet so I guess i'm safe ;) 

Its been ok not having BBT tapings actually! It's nice to take a break and do some other things. Instead I went to several Muse gigs around Europe and Comic-con!. 

Speaking of Muse gigs, did you ever see my link, with a Muse drum track?  

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I got standby tickets! This is a season finale however. Do you think I'll still get in with standby?

This is my first time trying. Thanks!

bfm, notchinc and Kev0821 like this