Tripper

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-9 Episode Tournament

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So, the episodes for the semi-final are:-

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis

The Adhesive Duck Deficiency

The Opening Night Excitation

The Panty Pinata Polarization or The Justice League Recombination

Do we know, which episodes will be matched up?

Bath Item vs. Opening Night

Adhesive Duck vs. Panty Pinata/Justice League.

• Like 2

It's looking like Panty Pinata is going to win the current round, which is a blessing for me, because I'd find it very hard to choose between Adhesive Duck and Justice League.

• Like 1

PPP shows the best and worst of the classic seasons, IMO. The worst is Howard and Raj at the ANTM house (altho' I generally enjoy SH doing sleazy - that was usually brilliant). The best is Penny vs Sheldon - KC and JP have great comic chemistry, their facial expressions alone in PPP  have more comedy than some whole episodes in recent seasons.

I liked Howard  chanting "One of us" - nice self-deprecating implication that Penny is the only one who isn't a Freak.

But this is one of the storylines where easier possibilities have to be ignored for the sake of the joke. Really, Leonard could have sorted it by asking Sheldon something like "If a story appeared in local and online media headlined 'Creepy Boffin Steals Beautiful Actress's Underwear', what do you think the effect would be on the respective careers of the boffin and the actress?"

• Like 1

Had KC received an Emmy nom for season 2, I think she could have easily submitted Panty Pinata or maybe Barbarian Sublimation.

I thought her delivery of " Your Ken can kiss my Barbie !" was just as good as Mayim's "Please pass the butter " in s7. 

Look forward to the next round.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Given what is left I'd take both bath item and opening night over the other three.

rs_1024x759-151217090506-1024.the-big-bang-theory-jim-parsons-4.ch.121715.jpg

Funny diverse opinions here. I really liked Opening Night. But I would vote Panty Pinata over Opening Night, if it came down to it. But that is just me. And I understand ppl prefer the story telling of later years. Over the Jokes come first of early years. That is why even though some are right the whole Sheldon and Penny story could of been avoided. But that is why comedy should always come first. If it was real life lol, but for comedy sakes, it is neccessary. That is why I prefer early years over say post Season 6.  Example is end of Platonic Permutation. They choose story telling and drama over comedy. 

Edited by 3ku11

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Funny diverse opinions here. I really liked Opening Night. But I would vote Panty Pinata over Opening Night, if it came down to it. But that is just me. And I understand ppl prefer the story telling of later years. Over the Jokes come first of early years. That is why even though some are right the whole Sheldon and Penny story could of been avoided. But that is why comedy should always come first. If it was real life lol, but for comedy sakes, it is neccessary. That is why I prefer early years over say post Season 6.  Example is end of Platonic Permutation. They choose story telling and drama over comedy. 

I think the other thing about the most recent three seasons is they are relatively fresh. The first three seasons are getting to be more like the undead. They have been around too long.

Army_of_the_dead.jpg

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I think the other thing about the most recent three seasons is they are relatively fresh. The first three seasons are getting to be more like the undead. They have been around too long.

Wojciech_Gerson_-_Zjawa_Barbary_Radziwiłłówny.jpg

Haha true, the recent episodes probably have a better impact as you have not seen them over and over. Although certain episodes in 1-3 still hold up, and are fresh to me. But their is alot that are not. Post s6 it is less consistent, but still of the same high quality. Just the duds are more frequent currently. 

Edited by 3ku11

11 hours ago, Tripper said:

Bath Item vs. Opening Night

Adhesive Duck vs. Panty Pinata/Justice League.

Hmm...that's hard. Two episodes I don't really like that much against two/three I'd put in my top five anytime..

Voted Bath Item :D. One of my fav episodes from a comedy series ever. ON is fine on its own And best in recent memory. But IF i am lookign at twenty years from now, its prob a tad over hyped. Where as I think Bath Item is a classic ep ppl well always remember from this show, and played in syndication for years to come. 

• Like 2

I also voted for the Bath Item episode. Nothing can beat that napkin IMO. The other episode well I`m not crazy about Star Wars, but I loved the Shamy there but that wasn`t enough for me to vote for that episode. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Personally when I rewatch S1-3 episodes for the umpteenth time I'm always struck again by how much excellent stuff there is in them and how fresh they are. I recently rewatched 204, generally not an outstanding episode, where Raj is picked out by People magazine, and I had forgotten Sheldon's repertoire of ghastly smiles. We don't get so much facial acting from JP in recent seasons.

• Like 2

I thought the Wheton Guys plot was the best part of the episode. The whole life is over if SW sucked so bang on. Take Shamy coitus out of the plot, does it hold up? Againgst others? Probably not. But it has a 19 vote lead right now, so someone likes it lol. But I am predicting Bath Item to gather some steam ovree the next few days. 

42 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I thought the Wheton Guys plot was the best part of the episode. The whole life is over if SW sucked so bang on. Take Shamy coitus out of the plot, does it hold up? Againgst others? Probably not. 

Most people won't vote for Opening night because of SW.

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Most people won't vote for Opening night because of SW.

Well ironically i love SW, but that wasen't factored in when i voted for Bath Item lol.

57 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I thought the Wheton Guys plot was the best part of the episode. The whole life is over if SW sucked so bang on. Take Shamy coitus out of the plot, does it hold up? Againgst others? Probably not. But it has a 19 vote lead right now, so someone likes it lol. But I am predicting Bath Item to gather some steam ovree the next few days. 

I agree about Wil Wheaton. He was so much fun in that episode! Great guy! (I`ve met him five years ago and it was a pleasure!).  Yeah Bath Gift Item for the win (my personal opinion). 

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well ironically i love SW, but that wasen't factored in when i voted for Bath Item lol.

Bath Item is a top  5 for me. Definitely not a favorite. If Opening was a M fanfiction it would be a lot better. Seeing Shamy in bed kind of gives me a queasy stomach. JMO

• Like 2

It's not really relevant to the quality of Bath item, but it's a bit disconcerting that there seem to be 1 or 2 episodes missing between 210 and 211. Leonard was in a close relationship with Dr Stephanie, asking Penny's advice on how to manage it, then he was single and apparently pining for Penny again. Does anyone know what happened - did the actress who played Dr Stephanie suddenly become unavailable, or what?

9 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Personally when I rewatch S1-3 episodes for the umpteenth time I'm always struck again by how much excellent stuff there is in them and how fresh they are. I recently rewatched 204, generally not an outstanding episode, where Raj is picked out by People magazine, and I had forgotten Sheldon's repertoire of ghastly smiles. We don't get so much facial acting from JP in recent seasons.

Yes, those GHASTLY smiles were hilarious! **LOL** Not enough funny stuff from Sheldon now. He is too normal and boring now . I assume u mean this one ? Look how *happy* he is for Raj ! **LOL**

tumblr_lmg5r5ysO01qbxt98.gif

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

It's not really relevant to the quality of Bath item, but it's a bit disconcerting that there seem to be 1 or 2 episodes missing between 210 and 211. Leonard was in a close relationship with Dr Stephanie, asking Penny's advice on how to manage it, then he was single and apparently pining for Penny again. Does anyone know what happened - did the actress who played Dr Stephanie suddenly become unavailable, or what?

I don't have answer but more of a guess. Leonard was always doing what Stephsnie wanted (and other women wanted) and Penny gave the advice that he should tell her what she wanted. Leonard thought he would get dumped but ended up following her advice and at the end of the last Stephanie she was fine with that. I think the relationship ending was a set up for Bath Item. I don't necessarily think Leonard was pining for Penny going in. But after she went out with Underhill he didn't understand why she would date someone as smart or smarter than himself. The only thing I didn't get was why Penny told him if he wanted her so bad why didn't he do something considering she ended up not wanting s second date with Leonard.

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I don't have answer but more of a guess. Leonard was always doing what Stephsnie wanted (and other women wanted) and Penny gave the advice that he should tell her what she wanted. Leonard thought he would get dumped but ended up following her advice and at the end of the last Stephanie she was fine with that. I think the relationship ending was a set up for Bath Item. I don't necessarily think Leonard was pining for Penny going in. But after she went out with Underhill he didn't understand why she would date someone as smart or smarter than himself. The only thing I didn't get was why Penny told him if he wanted her so bad why didn't he do something considering she ended up not wanting s second date with Leonard.

To be fair, from what I recall Penny never said she diddn't want another date with Leonard. She backed off, and her insecurities got the better of her. With the whole thinking Leonard is to smart for her. And feels she is not good enough in that department. She did not actually outright say, I don't want to date you again Leonard. She just slammed the door in his face lol, after he presented collage applications. Which came across to Penny as Leonard trying to improove her, so she is an acceptable girlfriend. If you have noticed Penny does not like to be controlled by a man :D. So regardless if, Penny ended uop not wanting a second date with Leonard. I still think Penny is justified in saying why wasen't Leonard was more honest, about the things between them. She is not a mind reader, Leonard clearly was upset about the whole thing. And kinda idealizes for more between them. So Penny was right Leonard should of been more honest. Hence if your so smart, how come your so fine, with the things between us? I never saw that as a romantic question. More as a , yeah maybe your not so smart for me after all lol kinda thing.  So I think Penny's statement, and Leonard not doing anything. Had little to do with Penny not wanting a second date. And Penny starting to appreciate Leonard, and Leonard learning a lesson too. 

ETA: As it is, Bath Item now has a 3 vote lead 137-134 over Opening Night now. 

Edited by 3ku11

Wow pretty close, 209 all. Hope Bath Item wins. Originality over Been their done that :D. 

Edited by 3ku11

Damn Bath Item got knocked out lol. 212 - 210. Personally I Think Opening Night is a good episode, best in recent memory. But take away  the Shamy coitus plot. While it was nice for nostalgia purposes seeing the guys geek out to SW. End of the day, I think it is severely over hyped. But that is just my two cents. I well be voting for Adhesive and Panty in the final. In this round, prob vote for Panty, love both episodes though.