Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

243 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As Howardette are expecting their first baby, I wanted to open a thread to discuss about the baby, their role as future parents and so on.

I hope that as much people as possible join here to discuss. 

Let´s hope for some sweet, funny and exciting Howardette moments! 

Edited by Desdemona
mirs1, mjc45, Judith and 5 others like this

Posted (edited)

Hope the plot gets the attention it deserves, there is plenty of comedy and heartwarming moments that could be had with this storyline. Howardette the first to get married and the first to have a child. This show is in a large part about character growth and how they respond to the challenges and opportunities life throws at them and they have been right at the front of that whole process.

First thoughts are that Bernadette can get quite aggressive and confrontational at times lol I wonder how ramped up that could be in a storyline or two with her becoming increasingly hormonal.

They are making a big deal about the guidance system and I guess it will be making some money to allay some of Howard's fears about money. As the birth comes closer I could see Howard freaking out more and more but I think he will make a great dad and his own upbringing will see that is the case.

Raj is probably the other major character that might be impacted by the storyline, will he back off a bit after Big Bear? I am not so sure, Raj is at his most funniest when he is displaying some kind of metrosexual behaviour, I think the writers will explore that (and could have a field day) with this pregnancy storyline.

If they can find ways that other characters can be impacted in some way especially positively that would also be great.

Looking forward to the storyline and seeing what the writers have in store.

Edited by Jonny83

Posted

11 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

Hope the plot gets the attention it deserves, there is plenty of comedy and heartwarming moments that could be had with this storyline. Howardette the first to get married and the first to have a child. This is a show is in a large part about character growth and how they respond to the challenges and opportunities life throws at them and they have been right at the front of that whole process.

First thoughts are that Bernadette can get quite aggressive and confrontational at times lol I wonder how ramped up that could be in a storyline or two with her becoming increasingly hormonal.

They are making a big deal about the guidance system and I guess it will be making some money to allay some of Howard's fears about money. As the birth comes closer I could see Howard freaking out more and more but I think he will make a great dad and his own upbringing will see that is the case.

Raj is probably the other major character that might be impacted by the storyline, will he back off a bit after Big Bear? I am not so sure, Raj is at his most funniest when he is displaying some kind of metrosexual behaviour, I think the writers will explore that (and could have a field day) with this pregnancy storyline.

If they can find ways that other characters can be impacted in some way especially positively that would also be great.

Looking forward to the storyline and seeing what the writers have in store.

I hope so too! They´ve already had a good start with Howardette/Raj and the giant bear story. (BTW thank you writers for making my wish about a giant bear come true and for Raj getting all professional when it comes to Bernadette´s needs and baby´s equipment. I hope they explore that more. I would love to see Raj getting totally crazy and out of control, when it comes to furnish baby´s dormitory and to install its security and that he convinces the gang to participate. I would love to see him knitting baby cardigans with Amy or going for shopping some really expensive baby gowns with Penny.

I would love to see Howardette´s faces when they see the bills. 

Howard: 1.000 dollars for a diaper bag???!!!!

Raj: Didn´t you see the label? It´s Gucci.

I would like Raj to support Howardette on their way, so that he realises that he wants to start his own family, but that he has to decide for a woman to start a family with. But if the writers decide that he stays single, I want him to be the godfather/granny Raj Howardette could have.

And once the baby is born, I want Howard and Raj sing a song they wrote for the baby to welcome it, while Bernadette listens with watery eyes, overwhelmed with love for her husband. (I will cry out loud, if that happens )

On the other hand, I would really like to see how Howard manages his issues with becoming a father and maybe fearing that he can´t be a good father, because he never had one. Maybe the writers decide to show Howard´s father, so Howard can have his meltdown and throw all his anger and sorrow at him, for having left him and his mom. (I´m sure Simon would do a great job, which could finally get him an Emmy, which is long overdue  IMO)

I´m sure it would help him to find his peace and to leave it behind him.

JoeSal90, Jonny, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

I think this story-line could provide for a lot of developments. TBH, I'm not overly excited about adding a baby to the gang but I understand that's realistic that, in a group of friends in their mid-thirties, at some point some of them start a family. I still hope that baby-Wolowitz is a girl, maybe they can name her Debbie after her grand-mother and, alike her grand-ma,  we will hear her screaming all the time from another room, but we never get a chance to actually see her.

Anyway, the arrive of a baby for sure will create new dynamics in the group and give a lot of characters new stories. I think at some point this season we will meet Howard's father, the birth of a child is a good opportunity for Howard to deal with his past and to confront his father about his responsibilities. It can be also interesting to see how Bernadette faces her new life as a mother. Last year we never saw her at work, I'd be very interested in seeing her as a working mum, facing all the difficulties that it entails, maybe even some "social" aspects like maternity leave, or the fact that some co-worker will try (and fail, of course) to get advantage from her being home with her baby to steal her job. As for the other characters, I agree that Raj will be the most affected by the new born. The Big Baer episode underlined that gentle aspect of his personality that his plot-line about dating two girls has completely spoiled to me. So I will be very happy to be reminded that he can be much more than an insensitive j*rk when he wants. I guess the big three plus Amy, for logistic reasons, will be less touched by the baby-storyline, but maybe they can baby-sit sometimes...

Another very interesting subject is the timeline. It will be funny to be reminded of the possible time jumps thanks to Bernie's baby bump growing. I think the first time jump is possible soon after the end of the redo-plotline, to follow the second trimester of the pregnancy more or less in real-time. Anyway, Molaro has said in some Comic-Con interview that, since she is such a tiny girl, by the end of the pregnancy her baby bump will be really huge. That will be hilarious...

Edited by mirs1
Desdemona, mjc45, April and 2 others like this

Posted

Yeah I don't think we will see a baby on the show much if it all, which in a way would be a tribute to Howard's mother but also make filming easier. I don't think that approach would detract much from the show, there could still be storylines revolving around the baby post-birth.

mirs1, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

NOt that interested in this storyline tbh. Seems a bit jumping the shark tbh. But I agree I don't think their well ever be a baby on the show. I know in Friends their was, but BBT is a very different show. But a storyline revolving around it. Then maybe like Mrs Wolowitz, you hear the baby but you don't see the baby :D. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Going over new ground and exploring different aspects of life on the show does interest me, which is why I usually take real notice on the rare occasions when the show has certain characters that rarely interact actually interact for example the Bernie and Sheldon interaction last season. It adds something fresh instead of storylines or plots that go over old ground or past events.

It's going to be a tricky balance for the writers to get this storyline right and make it so it becomes popular, so I am really intrigued in how they will do it.

April, joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

I think they'll be good parents...Bernie will be more strict and sensible while Howard will be the go-to parent for fun stuff. He'll constantly try to make the baby laugh and he'll let her/him get away with murder, basically. I just hope that if it's a girl they won't name her Debbie (that was his mom's name, right?)

Oh, and I just thought - maybe in the meantime Howard could rekindle his friendship with Amy and she would end up baptizing the baby! (I know she married them but whatever). Though do Jews baptize their children? I've no idea.

Edited by Judith
joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Judith said:

Oh, and I just thought - maybe in the meantime Howard could rekindle his friendship with Amy and she would end up baptizing the baby! (I know she married them but whatever). Though do Jews baptize their children? I've no idea.

No, they don't. I actually don't think the writers will insist on the topic about which religion the baby will be raised to, it's too a sensible subject for the general audience. I think they will come up with a throw-away line saying they will present the baby both Catholicism and Judaism and let him\her make an informed choice when he\she is old enough. So no baptism, no circumcision if it's  a boy, no rituals prescribed in any religion.

Edited by mirs1
joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

Although I must admit, it would be interesting to see how Bernie handles her career, parenthood, marriage and household, IMO it would also intersting to see Howard staying home and taking care of the baby, because he´s still immature sometimes and Bernie has to force him doing things like cleaning, laundry, etc. which she rewarded with little star stickers.

( I hope she doesn´t do that anymore, it was so odd and felt belittling towards Howard, especially in front of Lenny, that I felt so sorry for him at that moment!) 

But with a baby and the household and under Bernies supervision (I guess she will install little cameras all over the house, so she could check for him and the baby, whenever she has some free time LOL) he realises how much Bernie does and appreciates her work at home, seeing everything from a different perspective.

Ok, I don´t think that he doesn´t turn into some "Tony Micelli" guy (from Who´s the Boss?), though I must admit I would die laughing, if he and Raj would exchange recipes suddenly or if the guys would have to use drip mats for their beverages, because Howard doesn´t want rims on the table. 

But I guess the writers will go more this route:

Howard sits on the couch, playing with his Wii when the telephone rings.

Howard turns off the volume.

Howard: Hello?

Bernie: Hello Howie, how´s your day with the baby?

Howard: Oh great, we are playing together!

Bernie: Oh really? This is strange, because the only thing I have seeing the last hour was you playing on your own, while the baby is sitting in his/her bed and my olfactory sensor, that I´ve installed in the dormitory says that it smells like the baby needs some new diapers, so...... GET YOUR  ASS OF THE COUCH AND CLEAN HIM/HER!!

JoeSal90, Jonny and joyceraye like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Judith said:

He'll constantly try to make the baby laugh and he'll let her/him get away with murder, basically.

Who says it'll be a she?

1 hour ago, Judith said:

Though do Jews baptize their children?

No, they have a Briss instead.

22 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I hope she doesn´t do that anymore, it was so odd and felt belittling towards Howard, especially in front of Lenny, that I felt so sorry for him at that moment!

Likewise, when Howard had to tell raj:-

And can you please make that out to Bernadette? I was taken off the joint account until I learn the value of money.

24 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

or if the guys would have to use drip mats for their beverages, because Howard doesn´t want rims on the table.

Maybe they could use Raj's coasters. :icon_biggrin: 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/09/2b/4f/092b4fb4eea6d991eb865ac1c1f13a33.jpg

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

No, they don't. I actually don't think the writers will insist on the topic about which religion the baby will be raised to, it's too a sensible subject for the general audience. I think they will come up with a throw-away line saying they will present the baby both Catholicism and Judaism and let him\her make an informed choice when he\she is old enough. So no baptism, no circumcision if it's  a boy, no rituals prescribed in any religion.

I guess you're right.

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Who says it'll be a she?

What? I said him/her.

Posted

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

So no baptism, no circumcision if it's  a boy, no rituals prescribed in any religion.

Circumcision isn't a strictly Jewish thing.  Many non-Jewish American males are routinely circumcised.   The religiousness of it depends on if the rituals of the religion are performed at the time of circumcision.   

Posted

21 hours ago, Tensor said:

The religiousness of it depends on if the rituals of the religion are performed at the time of circumcision.   

And also, who performs it.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Since Tensor started a poll about our favorite Top 10 Shamy or Lenny moments, I´ve thinking about my favorite Top 10 Howardette moments. It was hard, but not as hard, as to pick my Top 10 favorite Shamy moments (I´m still unable to pick out 10, because there´s too many and it´s starting to drive me crazy :wacko:) but anyway, here are my Top 10 of Howardette moments:

1. Howardette listening to their baby´s heartbeat (their reactions where so beautiful, Howard was so touched, it made me cry, that I could share this moment with them! Please writers I want more moments like this!)

2. Howard singing his song to Bernie on their anniversary, while she was in quarantine (it was so romantic the way he played the keyboard and sang with his friends)

3. Howard apologising to Bernie while she was hiding in her bedroom, because she was mad with him and near to break up (I loved Penny "This was thhe most romantic thing I´ve ever heard..... and it came out of you" line, while her voice cracked a bit at the last sentence)

4. Howard giving Bernie the star necklace

5. Cinderella and Prince Charming (I laughed so hard, when he pulled off his shirt and the way he walked over to her, as if he was riding a horse, I love when he´s just being silly)

6. Howard singing "Bernadette" in the Cheese Cake Factory and Bernie likes it (He has to apologise often LOL, but I love the way he does, not ashamed to embarass himself)

7. Howard having a weird conversation with Mr Sulu and the woman from Battlestar Galactica (if I remember right) in his bath tub and realising that he wants a relationship with Bernie (it cracked me up, when Mr Sulu asked Howard if he has homosexual tendencies, because he is dreaming of him)

8. Howardette´s first (double) date with Lenny and the moment they realise they do have something in common - a weird relationship with their mom LOL

9. Howardette playing an online game with the other guys and Bernie saying sickly-sweet things to Howie that make Sheldon near to throw up

10. Howardette´s wedding (the wedding is the last one, because even if it had it´s funny moments, there were a lot of things, which killed the romantic mood a bit, because Lenny were making snarky remarks towards each other and Howard´s mother was shouting in the background, disturbing the ceremony for me, but the vows were sweet)

I love the early Bernie, she was kind and sweet towards Howard, but that changed somehow, as soon as she got in contact with Mrs. Wolowitz and the writers decided her to become more like Howard´s mother, which is creepy to watch sometimes. She´s still sweet sometimes, but these moments have become rare IMO. But I love that she accepts him as "The sweet little guy who has strange relationship with his mom"  he is (to quote her).

I hope that Howard mature with his fathership and becomes more the husband/father I would like to see him, without loosing his sillyness and sense of humor, that I love so much and less the guy who has a mother/son relatonship with his WIFE.

And what about you? What are your favorite Howardette moments?

joyceraye, mirs1, JoeSal90 and 4 others like this

Posted

13 hours ago, Desdemona said:

And what about you? What are your favorite Howardette moments?

I loved the one where they're making out on Howard's bed, and his mother arrives home unexpectedly.

His attempts to get rid of his mother, by asking for lamb stew, where hilarious.

Also funny, is Howard trying to intimidate Leonard:-

Howard: I hope not, because you don’t want to mess with me. I’m crazy.

Leonard: I believe you.

And:-

Bernadette: Howard?

Howard: Huh?

Bernadette: It unhooks in the front.

Howard: Oh, that explains a lot.

While we're on the subject of Bernadette's ample bosom, it didn't look all that ample, in the 4A dinner scene. :( 

Posted

10 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I loved the one where they're making out on Howard's bed, and his mother arrives home unexpectedly.

His attempts to get rid of his mother, by asking for lamb stew, where hilarious.

Also funny, is Howard trying to intimidate Leonard:-

Howard: I hope not, because you don’t want to mess with me. I’m crazy.

Leonard: I believe you.

And:-

Bernadette: Howard?

Howard: Huh?

Bernadette: It unhooks in the front.

Howard: Oh, that explains a lot.

While we're on the subject of Bernadette's ample bosom, it didn't look all that ample, in the 4A dinner scene. :( 

Oh yeah, Howard is always good for a laugh, he cracked me up a lot of times! I just hope he and Bernie will get a bit more screen time in season 10 as well, because I want to see how they are working on their life as parents (hopefully introducing Raj into their prearrangements, so we see him doing other things, than being a douche to his girlfriends.

I´m sorry, but which 4A scene are you speaking of?

joyceraye likes this

Posted

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry, but which 4A scene are you speaking of?

It's in Gorilla Experiment.

The scene where Howard brings along Bernadette, to join them in a meal, and Penny explains why Bernadette can't sit in Sheldon's spot.

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's in Gorilla Experiment.

The scene where Howard brings along Bernadette, to join them in a meal, and Penny explains why Bernadette can't sit in Sheldon's spot.

Oh, I haven´t noticed, you are right.

Well, maybe she got kids, and that´s why they got bigger. I can´t imagine that she did some surgery.

That could explain, why she disappeared for a while and came back later. I might be wrong, but her waist looks a little bit wider, maybe she gained some weight and so her bosom got ample as well. 

Edited by Desdemona
joyceraye likes this

Posted

She doesn't have any kids.   And her ample bosom was on display in "True Blood", which she was shooting almost simultaneous with TBBT at that time.    Part of the reason they made her a full cast member was she was her character was supposed to be back on True Blood, and that contract would have controlled(as it was dated earlier), limiting her appearances, similar to Laura Spencer's position.  By making her a full cast member, TBBT contract controlled.  

It could have simply been the look they wanted for that scene, or the clothes they put her in there, made her bosom appear smaller, or a combination of both.  

Desdemona, mjc45 and joyceraye like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

She doesn't have any kids.   And her ample bosom was on display in "True Blood", which she was shooting almost simultaneous with TBBT at that time.    Part of the reason they made her a full cast member was she was her character was supposed to be back on True Blood, and that contract would have controlled(as it was dated earlier), limiting her appearances, similar to Laura Spencer's position.  By making her a full cast member, TBBT contract controlled.  

It could have simply been the look they wanted for that scene, or the clothes they put her in there, made her bosom appear smaller, or a combination of both.  

I see, thanks for the inforrmation! The choice of her clothes could play a role in it too, that´s right.

Plus, there  are bras that can lift up the bosom, push it together or maximize it, as well as minize it. (optically of course)

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

I found this sweet Howardette video I wanted to share with you guys:

Edited by Desdemona
Jonny, Lina78 and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Plus, there  are bras that can lift up the bosom, push it together or maximize it, as well as minimize it. (optically of course)

You mean like the one Penny wore, in Tenure Turbulence? :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
Desdemona, joyceraye and JoeSal90 like this

Posted

11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You mean like the one Penny wore, in Tenure Turbulence? :icon_biggrin: 

Exactly! BTW kudos to the gown, it adapts perfectly to her body.

Penny knows how to choose her weapons, when it comes to fight for her husbands objectives.  :icon_wink:

joyceraye likes this

Posted

BTW I love how Howard presented Bernadette to the group for the first time and how he was not getting tired to call her "his girlfriend Bernadette". He was so happy and proud, to have found someone. I was  so happy for him, because even if the way how he flirted may have appeared awkward to the ladies, all he was looking for was someone who loves him. 

joyceraye and Jedichic98 like this