Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

243 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Congratulations for being the first on the 10th page of the Howardette thread @Zimtzicke! :clapping:

WOW 10 pages we have reached!!! That is amazing!!!

I would like to thank everyone who comes here to talk about Howardette! Thank you so much for being part of this thread and for making it so vivid and entertaining! :air_kiss:

I hope that we will have a lot to talk about Howardette in season 11 as well and I hope that you will join the discussion in the Howardette Season 11 thread as well.

May there be more exciting and beautiful things to come for our two cuties!

Howardette train.gif

Edited by Desdemona
mirs1, spidergirl, Jonny and 4 others like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Congratulations for being the first on the 10th page of the Howardette thread @Zimtzicke! :clapping:

WOW 10 pages we have reached!!! That is amazing!!!

I would like to thank everyone who comes here to talk about Howardette! Thank you so much for being part of this thread and for making it so vivid and entertaining! :air_kiss:

I hope that we will have a lot to talk about Howardette in season 11 as well and I hope that you will join the discussion in the Howardette Season 11 thread as well.

May there be more exciting and beautiful things to come for our two cuties!

how_103.gif.e1b0b204c52aae6755e2414935f423d9.gif

:shy:

Edited by veejay
HBO content will follow soon.
spidergirl, snapepans, bfm and 4 others like this

Posted (edited)

I have been rewatching Season 10 this weekend, currently I'm watching 1007.

This time, I tend to focus on Howardette and Raj and Stuart.

I love how the writers were handling Bernie's pregnancy, not too focus on "pregnancy" per se, but wrote about some very real issues, such as "pregnant women tend to get removed from some projects at work", "not all pregnant women only focus on the babies but nothing else", "it's time to buy a practical car like minivan", etc, etc. 

All the time, I find that Howardette's plots are very funny, warm, and Howard and Bernadette have great chemistry and communication.

And, I noticed something. Howard, or Bernie, or both of them, sometimes they knew about some secrets about someone, but they didn't always share the secrets with the rest of the gang, at least not immediately after they knew.  I think this is one of the things they have in common, sort of like "they both have this dark side". 

I've always think Howard and Bernie have similar IQ and EQ, similar upbringing, similar living environment, etc, etc. And most importantly, they have similar sense of humor, "the dark side", not to mention, their observations and comments about the other people in the gang are always spot on.

Remember Bernie's comments about Sheldon in 1014?  Bernie said:"Let's see. You are better than us. A little bit sorry for us. But mostly glad you don't have to be us."

Remember in 1007, after Raj said he was 100% honest in all of his relationships, Howard asked:" And how single are you right now?"

So true, so spot on!!!

I love these two very much. I enjoy watching their stories. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by snapepans
add something

Posted

1 hour ago, veejay said:

how_103.gif.e1b0b204c52aae6755e2414935f423d9.gif

:shy:

LOL great gif Veejay! :shy:

I guess M rated would not be enough once these get started. I remember, when the girls were talking about guys and sex and Bernie were talking about how she would like to leave bite marks on a male butt. She´s a wildcat that´s for sure. :icon_wink:

They both had surely a wild past, but we only know about Howard´s wild past and not about Bernie´s.

I laughed so hard when Bernie followed Howard, Tammy Jo in her hand and the puppet offered a "ménage à trois".

I hope the writers go with @Jonny´s idea (if I don´t remember wrong it was you, right?) and do an episode called "The Ventriloquism Exorcism".

It would be a great plot for a Halloween episode.

Howard gets all paranoid of Tammy Jo, because he thinks that the puppet is watching them when they are doing it (I can see the puppet sitting in a shelf in their dormitory) or the puppet gets all "Annabelle" or "Chucky" like and appears at different places in the house, so Howard freaks out and begs Bernie to get rid of her or to burn her.

Or he could stand in front of the shelf, looking at the puppet, and you see how the camera switches between Howard and the doll staring at each other, while Howard makes hilarious faces, until the puppet suddenly falls from the shelf and on Howard. He freaks out and screams and starts fighting with the puppet And when Bernie comes in curious what all this rumor is about, she finds Howard laying on the floor, his hands wrapped around the puppet and tries to suffocate it why he asks Bernie to call a priest.

bfm, spidergirl and snapepans like this

Posted

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

I have been rewatching Season 10 this weekend, currently I'm watching 1007.

This time, I tend to focus on Howardette and Raj and Stuart.

I love how the writers were handling Bernie's pregnancy, not too focus on "pregnancy" per se, but wrote about some very real issues, such as "pregnant women tend to get removed from some projects at work", "not all pregnant women only focus on the babies but nothing else", "it's time to buy a practical car like minivan", etc, etc. 

All the time, I find that Howardette's plots are very funny, warm, and Howard and Bernadette have great chemistry and communication.

And, I noticed something. Howard, or Bernie, or both of them, sometimes they knew about some secrets about someone, but they didn't always share the secrets with the rest of the gang, at least not immediately after they knew.  I think this is one of the things they have in common, sort of like "they both have this dark side". 

I've always think Howard and Bernie have similar IQ and EQ, similar upbringing, similar living environment, etc, etc. And most importantly, they have similar sense of humor, "the dark side", not to mention, their observations and comments about the other people in the gang are always spot on.

Remember Bernie's comments about Sheldon in 1014?  Bernie said:"Let's see. You are better than us. A little bit sorry for us. But mostly glad you don't have to be us."

Remember in 1007, after Raj said he was 100% honest in all of his relationships, Howard asked:" And how single are you right now?"

So true, so spot on!!!

I love these two very much. I enjoy watching their stories. :icon_cheesygrin:

You are right, Snapepans they have a great chemistry!

I´m not worried at all, if they tease each or throw insults at each other, because I know that they didn´t mean it. Bernie even smiles often enough, when they tease each other, which tells me that they are ok.

I love their observations as well, which as you said, are so spot on.

I love when they are supportive to Lenny or Shamy and try to bring in their own experiences as a married couple.

Who would have thought in the first season that Howard would be first to get married and become a father?

And here he is, ten years later, more mature, without having lost all of quirks.

I still see a lot of work for him to do, especially when it comes to his contribution as father and houseman, but I hope that the writers let him discover this part of his life as well, especially knowing that he never had a male example to guide him.

But I´m sure that Howard doesn´t have to fear that he comes after his father, because he is supportive and kind towards Bernie and he knows how bad it is to grow up without a father, so no fears that he commits the same mistakes.

There are so many things to discover for Howardette apart of their roles as parents and I hope that the writers continue with the great work they have done with Howardette this season, because Simon and Melissa have so much comedy potential to offer that it would be a shame to miss the opportunity. 

snapepans, bfm and spidergirl like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

LOL great gif Veejay! :shy:

I guess M rated would not be enough once these get started. I remember, when the girls were talking about guys and sex and Bernie were talking about how she would like to leave bite marks on a male butt. She´s a wildcat that´s for sure. :icon_wink:

They both had surely a wild past, but we only know about Howard´s wild past and not about Bernie´s.

I laughed so hard when Bernie followed Howard, Tammy Jo in her hand and the puppet offered a "ménage à trois".

I hope the writers go with @Jonny´s idea (if I don´t remember wrong it was you, right?) and do an episode called "The Ventriloquism Exorcism".

It would be a great plot for a Halloween episode.

Howard gets all paranoid of Tammy Jo, because he thinks that the puppet is watching them when they are doing it (I can see the puppet sitting in a shelf in their dormitory) or the puppet gets all "Annabelle" or "Chucky" like and appears at different places in the house, so Howard freaks out and begs Bernie to get rid of her or to burn her.

Or he could stand in front of the shelf, looking at the puppet, and you see how the camera switches between Howard and the doll staring at each other, while Howard makes hilarious faces, until the puppet suddenly falls from the shelf and on Howard. He freaks out and screams and starts fighting with the puppet And when Bernie comes in curious what all this rumor is about, she finds Howard laying on the floor, his hands wrapped around the puppet and tries to suffocate it why he asks Bernie to call a priest.

Wasn't my idea, just quoting what a US newspaper said in its review they came up with that episode title. :)

I do hope we see Tammy Jo again, Howard's reaction and Melissa's actual ventriloquism talent with it for me should mean they revisit it again someday.

Edited by Jonny
joyceraye, veejay and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

Howard had lived through such  a nice growth process since he met Bernie. He used to seem  a bit lost between what he thought he should behave about women and what he would realy want in a relationship  and Bernie really had a soft way on him, as she never tried to change him as she loves him uncondionately as much as he loves  her back. She still  roll her eyes as the typical traits of Howard get to surface in a daily situation as she did when they were in their bedroom and Howard was kind of suffocating her with sappy talk in last episode, lol. 

I love the litle Holowitz nest both built with their litle Halley and I am really looking foward to seeing great anchievments for this lovely family.

Edited by spidergirl
Grammar
Desdemona, joyceraye and bfm like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Wasn't my idea, just quoting what a US newspaper said in its review they came up with that episode title. :)

I do hope we see Tammy Jo again, Howard's reaction and Melissa's actual ventriloquism talent with it for me should mean they revisit it again someday.

I see, I´m sorry, than I remembered it wrong. Thanks for clarifying it Jonny!

I wonder if Melissa had to learn to do it, or if she knew ventriloquism because it is/was a hobby of her.

All I know is that I love Bernie´s hobby. You could tell from the way she played with the doll´s hair and how she stopped Howard from throwing it away, that she loved it. The doll even wore an Alice band like Bernie uses to wear them. That was a cute little detail.

I hope that we will find out about more quirky hobbies of her and Howard.

They could participate on a Talent show. Bernie and her ambitious attitude could be funny. :shy:

joyceraye likes this

Posted

14 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I see, I´m sorry, than I remembered it wrong. Thanks for clarifying it Jonny!

I wonder if Melissa had to learn to do it, or if she knew ventriloquism because it is/was a hobby of her.

All I know is that I love Bernie´s hobby. You could tell from the way she played with the doll´s hair and how she stopped Howard from throwing it away, that she loved it. The doll even wore an Alice band like Bernie uses to wear them. That was a cute little detail.

I hope that we will find out about more quirky hobbies of her and Howard.

They could participate on a Talent show. Bernie and her ambitious attitude could be funny. :shy:

There is a picture on her Instagram with a dummy she took home to practice with. I think she just learnt it and did a bloody good job at that!

Desdemona and veejay like this

Posted

48 minutes ago, Jonny said:

There is a picture on her Instagram with a dummy she took home to practice with. I think she just learnt it and did a bloody good job at that!

Then she has done a terrifically good job a agree!

I don´t know if I could learn to do ventriloquism in a few weeks time.

Or did it went?

Did they ask her a few weeks before, or did they warn her, that there might come up an episode that mighht require some ventriloquism skills? 

TBBT writer: Melissa, you aren´t familiar with ventriloquism, are you?

Melissa: No, I´m not. Why?

TBBT writer: Well you might need this soon. Oh, ehm.... it would be cool if you could learn some Southern accent too. (Gives her the puppet and walks away leaving her totally puzzled) LOL

Posted

Now that season 10 ended, I think it is time for a little walk down memory lane with Howardette.

Due to my rl I can´t be here every day unfortunately, but I will try to upload a gif or a video or a quote every week.

All of you are invited to do the same, if you have some Howardette goodies to share. I would be very happy. :shy:

I´ll start with their first date (a double date with Lenny). Although it started bumpy, they found common ground.

Although, to be honest, Bernadette´s problems with her overprotective mom seemed to serve for the only purpose, to bring them together and to make ground for a relationship, because we never saw proof that Howardette´s mother was overprotective indeed. It disappeared as well as the big golden cross around her neck.

For those who stay away during hiatus, I wish some great holidays and I hope to read all of you again when season 11 starts! Take care!

Anyway, here´s their first date.

Thank you Penny, you cute little Cupid, for introducing them! :air_kiss:

spidergirl, mirs1 and bfm like this

Posted (edited)

You read my mind, girl! I was rewatching s6e18 and I thought to share one of funniest howardette moments ever imo. Love so much this! I always laugh hard everytime I rewatched this. Love Howardette 's sexy games, hehe! :icon_cheesygrin:

tumblr_mjiu6mlmsf1qdz44io4_250.gif.a72b81a31a87c34710d6fc054d3bc158.gif

iUl39d8GPqBYd.gif

Edited by spidergirl
Desdemona, bfm and mirs1 like this

Posted

31 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

You read my mind, girl! I was rewatching s6e18 and I thought to share one of funniest howardette moments ever imo. Love so much this! I always laugh hard everytime I rewatched this. Love Howardette 's sexy games, hehe! :icon_cheesygrin:

tumblr_mjiu6mlmsf1qdz44io4_250.gif.a72b81a31a87c34710d6fc054d3bc158.gif

iUl39d8GPqBYd.gif

I love that one too! Simon´s physical comedy was brilliant! He made me laugh so much in the past! And he still does!

I wonder if it was his decision to do this or if were the writers choice!

How much room have the actors to put their personal note into a scene?

Jonny and spidergirl like this

Posted

Before I leave I just wanted to share their first onscreen kiss with you guys.

Howardette_kiss.gif

You guys surely remember this scene.

Bernie wants their relationship to get to the next level, but Howard is unsure if he wants a serious relationship with Bernie (because he was actually looking for a hot, tall woman, so he, stupid as he was, refused Bernie at first) but after a little night chat, with Mr. Sulu and the woman from Battlestar Galactica, he finally knows what he wants, although he rushed things a little bit and fast forwarded to the engagement part, which Bernie rejected rightfully. (I blame his excitement, because he finally had a girlfriend, who really loved him)  But as Howard caught fire, he was determined not to give up on her, so he sang the song "Bernadette" for her.

I love battlesome Howie, who is not ashamed to embarass himself. And he got recompensed with a touched Bernie who forgave him.

Here´s the video:

spidergirl, bfm and Jonny like this

Posted (edited)

My favorite moments of Howardette in Season 10:

1. The crib scene. Bernie was upset about not getting Halley to sleep and Howard was so worried about her. The scene with Bernie in the crib and that air of worry easing off Howard was great to see. You also have the scene with Howard literally crying in 4A when Sheldon told Bernie she was doing a good job. A running theme this season when Bernie is really upset or worried about something it upsets Howard greatly seeing his wife like that and becomes very emotional as well, sometimes in ways you might miss and not with actual dialogue. Simon's fantastic acting in the background of some scenes.

2. Tammy Jo.St Cloud and it creeping out Howard so much. Tammy Jo should make at least one comeback sometime!

3. Whether to ask Raj about the sex of the baby or not. That dialogue was really funny, shouting in the background to put the phone down on Raj and not know. Then they ring him again.

4.Howard waking up in the middle of the night with his hand on Bernie's bump and it finally hit him that they were going to actually have a baby. Howard's line about actually realizing they were having a baby and Bernie's 'Oh yeah that's where I put it' was very funny but also sweet.

5. Howard and Bernie were planning to go on one last trip away before the baby arrives, Bernie has morning sickness and Howard tries to cheer her up by saying how sexy she is and how turned on he is lol.

6. The whole hot tub conversations as they observe Raj and Stuart in the hot tub. The line about 'Oh this is why people have aquariums watching the fish' made me lol.

7. Scene at the hospital when Howard and Bernie both excited about the baby coming but sad at the same time Howard's mother wasn't around to witness this special event.

8. The Stephen Hawking toy. The conversation was so funny, Bernie proved right in the end that is was offensive lol.

9. Howard trying to go to comic con (BTW Howardette have such amazing kitchen conversations, both drama and comedy). Howard offering to do stuff around the house and Bernie takes full advantage of it.

10. Bernie worried about going back to work and Howard so worried about the emotional toll it's taking on her. Like the crib scene earlier in the season you can see how worried he is. Fantastic acting.

And that's not including the 'Sexy Jewish greyhound' line, discussions around the minivan purchase, the scene in 10.23 when Howard becomes all affectionate because he lost the project and it turns out Bernie has done similar things when she has lost work lol.

Terrific season, a real eye opener for someone who perhaps underrated them a tad going into this season.

Edited by Jonny

Posted (edited)

Great Top 10 @Jonny!

This has been such a great season for Howardette! I hope it continues like this in season 11! 

Here's  a PDA from season that I adore:

Howardette snuggle.gif

Edited by Desdemona
I deleted my top 10 season 10 because I have to rethink it, I'm not satisfied with it yet.
bfm, Jonny and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

Here´s another great mile stone of Howardette.

I´m skipping the episode where Howard confesses to the guys that he and Bernadette broke up (The Plimpton Stimulation) and the moment where it is revealed why they broke up (The Hot Troll Deviation) and the moment Bernie wants to move together with Howard (The Cohabitation Formulation), because they all had kinda creepy outcomes, so I´m fast forwarding to the Herb Garden Germination which was not only a great episode for Shamy but a happy one for Howardette too, even if it started sad, because there were rumours spreading among the group about Bernie wanting to break up with Howard. Fortunately they were wrong and nobody told Howard about the rumours, so he asked her full of hope and she she said happily yes.

Howardette proposal.jpg

Edited by Desdemona
spidergirl likes this