Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

243 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, one more thing, before I leave you for today guys, here´s a song I found  which would fit perfectly to Howardette.

I can see Bernadette singing that to Howard, everytime he just sits on the couch and plays, while Bernadette comes home from work and is annoyed that he has forgotten to do his duties:

AIN'T YOUR MAMA SONGTEXT

I ain't cooking all day (I ain't your mama!)
I ain't gon' do your laundry (I ain't your mama!)
I ain't your mama, boy (I ain't your mama!)
When you're going get your act together?
I ain't your mama...
No, I ain't your mama
No, I ain't your mama, no!

Wake up, rise and shine, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
Let's get to work on time, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
No more playing video games, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
Things are about to change, I hear, I hear...

We used to be crazy in love
Can we go back to how we were?
When did you get too comfortable?
Cause I'm too good for that, I'm too good for that
Just remember that, hey

I ain't cooking all day, I ain't your mama
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama
I ain't your mama, boy, I ain't your mama
When you're going get your act together?
I ain't your mama
No, I ain't your mama
No, I ain't your mama, no

Lucky to have these curves, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
Stuck hitting on my nerves, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
You're still tryna ride this train? Ah-yeah-yeah-yeah
But something's gotta change, ah-yeah-yeah-yeah

Just remember that, hey!

I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama
(I ain't your mama, no)
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama
(I ain't your mama, hey)
I ain't your mama, boy, I ain't your mama
When you're gon' get your act together?
I ain't your mama (I ain't your mama)
No, I ain't your mama
No, I ain't your mama, no
I ain't your mama, no

Just remember that, hey

I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama (I ain't your mama)
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama (I ain't your mama)
I ain't your mama, boy (No, no, no)
I ain't your mama, boy (No, no)
When you're gon' get your act together? (Cause I ain't your mama, hey)
I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama (I ain't your mama, hey)
I ain't your mama, boy (Na, na, na...)
I ain't your mama, boy (Na, na, na...)
When you're gon' get your act together?
(No, I ain't your mama, no...)
No, I ain't your mama
No, I ain't your mama

(No, I ain't your mama, no...!)
joyceraye likes this

Posted

Episode 2 sounds funny and promising for Howardette! Can't wait to see the military getting into negotiations with the guys and Bernadette throwing Penny out of her office because she told their bosses about Bernadette's pregnancy. I just hope that Bernadette won't be mad with Penny for long and just tries to fight for her  work so she doesn't loose her leading position in her projects I would be sad if she had been working hard all These just to loose everything she had worked for. On the other hand if I think how risky her work in the Lab sometimes is it is better if she doesn't work on dangerous projects that might be bad for the baby. Speaking of the Baby. It would be cute if it would be as tiny as her parents. Imagine she raises up the Baby and you see that the its clothes are too big hanging down on it and Penny says that they shouldn't have bought clothes that big for it and Bernadette  says that this is already the smallest size they could get and that she would have to buy Barbie clothes if she would have to look for smaller clothes. 

joyceraye and mjc45 like this

Posted (edited)

Nobody knows the gender of the baby but a large part of me hopes that it's a girl. The whole seriously overprotective Howard could be hilarious and Bernie trying to buy clothes for her baby daughter for example would be funny. Then you have the the subject of Howard's mother and maybe if it's a girl you then get some kind of tribute to his mother perhaps in name or middle name.

Boy or Girl I think they will make great parents and the arrival will provide some great comedic moments.

Edited by Jonny83
mirs1, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

Bernie trying to buy clothes for her baby daughter for example would be funny. 

Would it? We live in such different worlds. 

Edited by Spaced_up
serena_1995 and joyceraye like this

Posted

My personal opinion, I think they are jumping the shark a bit with this baby thing. But well see how it all plays out. I can't say Bernie dress shopping for baby clothes tickles my funny bones lol. But thats just me.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

It could be funny if she would take Raj with her for shopping for example. Raj could become totally out of control trying to dress the Baby as modern as Brangelinas or jlos Kids. I guess he would withdraw more than one credit card before his parents find out and take his credit cards away from Him.  Lol

joyceraye, Jonny, luminous and 1 other like this

Posted

While we are waiting for the next tr,  I thought to talk about the things Howardette have in common and about my personally most disturbing (or better said awkward) moments of them. 

But first what they in Common:

-they both have an awkward relationship with their mom

-they like to sing aloud while driving

-they both like unconventional and frequent sex (Howard:"Why Else am I in such a good shape" lol) 

-they both like to take care of others (they led Stuart live with them and missed him when he left the house, they always cheer up Raj when he is sad (Raj is more than a friend for them he's a family member,  but if I were Bernie I wouldn't let them spend too much time alone lol) and they took care of Valentino) 

-they both tease each other and others 

-they both can be mean (see Parking Spot Escalation) to each other as well as to others 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Now the disturbing things:My #1 will always be when Bernie spend  a whole weekend at Howard's. Bernie wanted to use the bath to brush her teeth but Howard's mom was sitting there doing the big business. Understandably Bernie wanted to but Howard tried to convince her to go (seriously Howard?! Do you want to keep that woman or not?) when you heart a disturbing noise followed by the words: "The eagle has landed."  (Ugh,  seriously I don't need to know everything about the characters!) I would have fled if I were Bernie and would have never returned 

# 2 Howard 's leftover in Emily' s bath (Poor Emily double ugh!) 

#3 Stuart watching Howardette sleeping  

#4 Bernadette giving Howard star stickers whenever he has done something

#5Bernie being Howard's mom sometimes

Which are your most awkward moments? 

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

On 8/23/2016 at 6:27 PM, Desdemona said:

# 2 Howard 's leftover in Emily' s bath (Poor Emily double ugh!)

I didn't think that was awkward. I just thought it was hilarious. :rofl:

BTW. Excellent choice of numbering, for that reference. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

16 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I didn't think that was awkward. I just thought it was hilarious. :rofl:

BTW. Excellent choice of numbering, for that reference. :icon_biggrin: 

Thanks! :icon_wink:

Thinking of it, there's an imagen popping up in my mind of Howard climbing out of Emily's window while you see how the toilet is bubbling over like an erupting Volcano and you hear Emily entering the bathroom, screaming   "Holy shit!" 

I wonder why the writers never used this Story for an episode. :icon_wink:

joyceraye likes this

Posted

They have explored toilet humor on occasion, with the most memorable example being Howard's clogged space toilet.   The meatloaf falling from the ceiling, and Howard announcing its reason for being up there as classified gets me every time.  That being said, I'm sure the powers that be don't want this show to be known primarily for toilet humor, and I have to agree.

joyceraye, luminous and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

I know there have been a lot of jokes that have been made way too often, which I find more annoying and really get sick of seeing like Amy making sex hints and Sheldon doesn´t get them, "hairy" Amy jokes, Sheldon the big kid (It really disturbed me when Amy called Sheldon a "sexy toddler", these are two words that don´t fit together at all and sound creepy in this context), Leonard not catching a break, Howard being treated as a child as well, and so on.

Edited by Desdemona
joyceraye and luminous like this

Posted

12 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Thanks! :icon_wink:

Thinking of it, there's an imagen popping up in my mind of Howard climbing out of Emily's window while you see how the toilet is bubbling over like an erupting Volcano and you hear Emily entering the bathroom, screaming   "Holy shit!"

I love Emily's facial expression, during this exchange:-

Howard: I’m sorry. I tried to unclog it, but you didn’t have a plunger, and water was spilling out everywhere.

Emily: Right, just water.

:rofl:

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

I am continuing to enjoy this storyline and I think Melissa is enjoying the challenges and change of direction it has brought to her character as well. Simon is just brilliant at everything and this storyline only reinforces that.

The whole issue about finding out the sex of a baby was addressed in a funny but also normal life kind of way as well. I thought the scenes where they called up Raj and then kept hanging up as they weren't sure they really wanted to know was funny. I wonder if they will eventually crack and find out or if they will keep it a surprise.

Edited by Jonny
joyceraye, April, Desdemona and 3 others like this

Posted

Oh I agree Jonny they were so funny together! I love when Bernie makes snarky comments and Howard shots back. Howard's TADA! Line and them calling Raj to ask him about the baby's gender and then hanging up was so funny, especially when Bernie shouted at Raj. Poor Raj really had a short night like everyone. (Except Sheldon, who has slept like a baby lol) 

I was glad to find Cinnamon in his bed.

I missed her and I hope that now he's single again (Hallelujah!) that he makes up for her and spents more time with her so Howardette have time for themselves before the baby comes. The next episode contains some nice Howardette scenes as well. I can't wait to see their faces while they spy on Raj and Stuart using their bath tub. 

I would like the writers to explore Bernie's pregnancy a bit more. How about Bernie wanting to eat strange things like I don't know liver sausage ice cream with bananas? :icon_cheesygrin:

It would be funny to see Howard walking around Pasadena to find a store where he get that and beggs a butcher or the shop assistant in the ice cream parlour  to help him because he fears to come back without it. And while he is near to a nervous break down he gets a call from Bernie that she has changed her mind she just wants a snickers and cheese omelette .

I'm sorry that I neglected the Howardette so much since season 10! :cray:

I deserve that people say that I'm no true Howardette fan. 

Unfortunately I haven't watched the first three episodes yet because I hadn't time to watch them yet and it wouldn't be right to discuss about it if I haven't watched the episodes. I hope to catch up soon. I even watched 10x04 only once. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

I thought it would be nice, if Raj met a girl from his Grey's Anatomy fansite. It would be cute if they dated and talked and fangirled about their favorite show while they would have a Wellness day. 

But not now because he's just broken up with Emily and Claire. (Or did they broke up with him?) But after a long pause he could go on dates again. 

Edited by Desdemona
joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I thought it would be nice, if Raj met a girl from his Grey's Anatomy fansite. It would be cute if they dated and talked and fangirled about their favorite show while they would have a Wellness day. 

But not now because he's just broken up with Emily and Claire. (Or did they broke up with him?) But after a long pause he could go on dates again. 

It would suit him :)

However, I am crossing fingers for he might not dating for a while and get focus in something for his own, beside being a Howardette support for the baby birth. I think he would be a good godfather for that child. :)

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

32 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It would suit him :)

However, I am crossing fingers for he might not dating for a while and get focus in something for his own, beside being a Howardette support for the baby birth. I think he would be a good godfather for that child. :)

He would be a good godfather indeed! I would like him to sing for the baby together with Howard (a lullaby or Footprints on the Moon) or buy things for the baby. Howardette just have to make sure that he doesn't exaggerate things like Ted Mosby did when Marshall and Lilly's baby was born. :shy:

But it would be good if Raj would make progress on his career as well like Howard does. 

spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

He would be a good godfather indeed! I would like him to sing for the baby together with Howard (a lullaby or Footprints on the Moon) or buy things for the baby. Howardette just have to make sure that he doesn't exaggerate things like Ted Mosby did when Marshall and Lilly's baby was born. :shy:

But it would be good if Raj would make progress on his career as well like Howard does. 

I think it would depend on which religion (if they choose one at all) that they raise their child in. As far as I am aware godparents are a Christian concept and aren't in Judaism. 

Even if they don't have godparents officially I could so see Raj being/acting like one in all but name. He's the closest to them and it's obvious he is going to provide even more support (perhaps too much lol) as they get closer to the baby's arrival.

I like Raj being involved in this storyline, I just also want some storyline that involves him as the focus as well but a much different one from Season 9 though.

Posted

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think it would depend on which religion (if they choose one at all) that they raise their child in. As far as I am aware godparents are a Christian concept and aren't in Judaism. 

Even if they don't have godparents officially I could so see Raj being/acting like one in all but name. He's the closest to them and it's obvious he is going to provide even more support (perhaps too much lol) as they get closer to the baby's arrival.

I like Raj being involved in this storyline, I just also want some storyline that involves him as the focus as well but a much different one from Season 9 though.

I meant a godfather as what a godfather means in a child's life, like someone who cares and supports the child as they grow up. Not meaning anything about religion s choice. I hope I made sense. :)

Jonny, joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I meant a godfather as what a godfather means in a child's life, like someone who cares and supports the child as they grow up. Not meaning anything about religion s choice. I hope I made sense. :)

No it made sense, you are right people can be someone's godfather or have that type of role without going down the actual religious route.

Desdemona, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted (edited)

Been re-watching the Howardette scenes from the latest episode, man I am so loving this storyline. They have great chemistry and this pregnancy storyline is further enhancing it. The scene where he is massaging her feet is so sweet and funny, Bernie's line about the money is hilarious. I loled when they are freaking out about a possible intruder and Bernie has only her ipad and Howard says what are you going to do email 911! The fish tank line was also funny.

Keep it up writers. :)

Edited by Jonny
joyceraye and April like this

Posted (edited)

I agree it was very nice how Howard took care of Bernadette and they had a nice time for themselves. If I were them I would have scared the shit out of them so they would have chickened away. As Raj came out of the house (was it the garage or something?) I guess he has a key to the house as well as Stuart (because Howard forgot to demand it back as he confessed Bernie sheepishly lol) It is Kind of creepy that Stuart had the key still I don't want to know what else he does if they are not at home or while they sleep. 

Howardette should put some eletronical traps around the house so nobody gets inside the house. It would be funny if there were an episode where they are trapped in their own house because Howard has activated the surveillance system (this would be typical for him lol) and they try to get out the house looking for a weak point in the system. 

Edited by Desdemona
Lina78, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

On 7/28/2016 at 7:29 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

And also, who performs it.

My granny was strictly CofE  and when she was a midwife believed all boys should be circumcised. I strongly suspect she did a lot of them herself, unless the mother or baby needed the doctor in which case she got him to do it.

Posted (edited)

Every week I continue to enjoy the acting talents of Simon and Melissa and their storyline as a whole, but I am finding it kind of weird that they seem to be off doing their own thing meanwhile their other extremely close friends don't seem to be associating with them. I get that it gives focus to the pregnancy storyline but come on you don't think realistically Shamy and Lenny have suddenly thought 'let them get the baby out of the way and then after we can hang out again' do you? It would go against everything this show is about, friendship.

I thought it was very sweet when Howard wakes up with his hand on her tummy and he feels the baby kick. His reaction and Bernie's reaction when she woke up was hilarious.Howard's realisation it is real and happening and Bernie's sarcastic reaction like 'oh I wondered what that was in there' lol.

Howard showing his paternal side wanting to get the best crib for their baby, safety over money!

The minivan and Bernie's reaction to it was funny. The kind of 'I will look like a mom driving that', well Bernie you are about to become a mother soon lol.

Edited by Jonny
mirs1, April, mjc45 and 2 others like this