Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

11 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

You are right, I’m sorry. But a snowstorm or Hurricane is not as unusual anymore, with the changing climate. Weather has changed over the decades and crazy things has  happened all over the world. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasadena,_California#Climate

Sure, there are occasionally storms and such but usually it's rather rainy than snowy. It's simply too warm for snow in most years and even when it snows it's really not that much. :)

(And fun aside: it's so warm I've seen plenty of people who've been to the tapings or live there remark that it's a bit ridiculous how everyone on the show is wearing so many layers all the time. lol)

Anyway, to get back to your initial idea, and I've said something similar in the Shamy thread a little while ago, I do think that the show still could make it a bit like Christmas with the birth and if Shamy are off to their own B-plot you could have a "the three Magi bearing gifts" situation with Lenny and Raj coming to see Howardette and the baby. :icon_wink:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, April said:

Some pregnancy basics because that is just wrong.

A pregnancy lasts 40 weeks which adds up to almost exactly 9 months on the calendar (I think sometimes people count it as 4 weeks = 1 month and that way you can end up with the 10 months idea but that doesn't add up with the calendar cause, you know, most months don't have 28 days). So if Bernie knew in February that she was pregnant -and lets assume she knew pretty early- then she got pregnant in January. Depending on when exactly that happened her due date would be somewhen in October.

The show is keeping us updated with how far Bernie is into her pregnancy. The latest hint we got in 10x08 was that the baby turned upside down which happens at the beginning of the 3rd trimester and should put the story somewhen into August.

So then, we have 3 episodes left. I don't think 10x09 has anything on the pregnancy for us. 10x10 will be taped tomorrow and 10x11 the week after. If they continue with their little time hops as they did so far they could have Bernie give birth in 10x11 as the mid season finale. (And yes, Shamy's second time could happen then as well, it just wouldn't be Amy's birthday but presumably a more spontaneous scenario.) For some reason 10x10 strikes me as too early for the birth but that's just my gut. Idk. We'll see.

If Bernie would give birth around Christmas time she would have been pregnant for almost a whole year. Also, there are no snowstorms where they live.

Thanks for this. I guess some people add differently - my bad. 

• Like 2

Bernie is having a TV pregnancy on a sit-com.  I don't think the writers are trying for accuracy.  She is not required to have a nine month pregnancy.  If the writers want to keep that baby bump around for another three months, so be it.  The casual viewer is not counting the weeks and won't care.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Desdemona said:

You are right, I’m sorry. But a snowstorm or Hurricane is not as unusual anymore, with the changing climate. Weather has changed over the decades and crazy things has  happened all over the world. 

Don't they have earthquakes there ? What about a road hold up ? Raj having to deliver it and save the day ?

Or, here's a novelty : how about they break all the conventions of sitcoms and there's no drama around the birth ? They can leave for the hospital and then we see Howard ringing round, or everyone getting a text, 'Lily Deborah arrived safely at 10 o'clock. 7lbs 2 oz  Both doing well.'

• Like 1

Yeah after Rachel's birth In Friends, imo the best birth scene In sitcom history. It would be nice if TbbT considering the type of show it is, like watching comic book characters. Skips the whole drama and convention of seeing Bernie give birth. The gang arrive at the hospital, and see the baby.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady in Red said:

Bernie is having a TV pregnancy on a sit-com.  I don't think the writers are trying for accuracy.  She is not required to have a nine month pregnancy.  If the writers want to keep that baby bump around for another three months, so be it.  The casual viewer is not counting the weeks and won't care.

You think the show with science advisers will have one of their characters be pregnant for 12 months? WHAT?!?!? They're often doing things that the casual viewer won't care about. Do they need to get the science right? No, most people wouldn't know the difference. But they do it anyway. Molaro already said they'll stick with the reality of pregnancy and so far they have. You can fudge a few weeks with this into either direction cause we don't have an exact date when Bernie got pregnant and maybe the baby could be a week late - but it's not enough to get them all the way to Christmas.

• Like 1

TBH I expect if Season ten ain't the last (I don't know to be honest). Season Finalie well be Bernadette giving birth. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I agree with @April I would be surprised if they drag it out until Christmas. On one hand there is nothing stopping them from doing that and a lot of casual viewers probably aren't following the pregnancy timeline as closely as some. But on the other hand they have said they want to try and portray a pregnancy storyline that is like real life so you would think 9 months would be it. This show has a massive female fanbase looking at the data that Tensor provides on a regular basis and a lot of them are in the age range that have had children, so maybe this will be a factor in their decision making of how long they think they can realistically extend it or not.

I also think that they will probably want to move away pretty soon from being pregnant to actually dealing with what happens afterwards. Looking at how it will affect their lives after the baby has been born but also perhaps exploring the impact on the rest of the group's lives as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I agree with @April I would be surprised if they drag it out until Christmas. On one hand there is nothing stopping them from doing that and a lot of casual viewers probably aren't following the pregnancy timeline as closely as some. But on the other hand they have said they want to try and portray a pregnancy storyline that is like real life so you would think 9 months would be it. This show has a massive female fanbase looking at the data that Tensor provides on a regular basis and a lot of them are in the age range that have had children, so maybe this will be a factor in their decision making of how long they think they can realistically extend it or not.

Exactly. I mean the thing is this is a show that is taking pride in their scientific accuracy. They don't need to -because most people wouldn't know the difference- but they still let Dr. Saltzberg and occasionally Mayim Dr. Bialik (ha!) check the facts. And the length of a pregnancy is something that more people would notice than a wrong calculation or slicing a brain a certain way. And I've seen people wondering about it like "When will she get her baby? She's been pregnant forever!" They may not be as pedantic about it as I am but people notice this stuff.

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I also think that they will probably want to move away pretty soon from being pregnant to actually dealing with what happens afterwards. Looking at how it will affect their lives after the baby has been born but also perhaps exploring the impact on the rest of the group's lives as well.

This is why my money is on the mid-season finale. They won't be dragging this out for another 14 episodes or so. 10x10 would be possible as well but it would make more sense to put it into 10x11 to end on a big spectacle like last year.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, April said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasadena,_California#Climate

Sure, there are occasionally storms and such but usually it's rather rainy than snowy. It's simply too warm for snow in most years and even when it snows it's really not that much. :)

(And fun aside: it's so warm I've seen plenty of people who've been to the tapings or live there remark that it's a bit ridiculous how everyone on the show is wearing so many layers all the time. lol)

Anyway, to get back to your initial idea, and I've said something similar in the Shamy thread a little while ago, I do think that the show still could make it a bit like Christmas with the birth and if Shamy are off to their own B-plot you could have a "the three Magi bearing gifts" situation with Lenny and Raj coming to see Howardette and the baby. :icon_wink:

"The three Magi bearing gifts" sounds funny, I can see Sheldon bringing gifts that are most unconventional as a baby gift. LOL

I guess I have watched way too much movies, about worst case scenarios for America and the rest of the world, that I guess I've become paranoid. 

One of my greatest fears is that Leonard, Amy or any other of those "dozen layers of clothes" affictionates just collapse because their body temperature increased so much  that they got a heat shock. Poor things! 

10 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Don't they have earthquakes there ? What about a road hold up ? Raj having to deliver it and save the day ?

Or, here's a novelty : how about they break all the conventions of sitcoms and there's no drama around the birth ? They can leave for the hospital and then we see Howard ringing round, or everyone getting a text, 'Lily Deborah arrived safely at 10 o'clock. 7lbs 2 oz  Both doing well.'

That's right they have earthquakes, but an earthquake would be a little bit too dramatic for my taste and my poor heart wouldn't stand if something happened to one of them.

But I love your idea Joyceraye of Howard sending messages to all his friends, who are spreaded all over Pasadena, to let them know that the baby is born. It would be nice to see their reactions and how they drive to the hospital, while they talk about their own plans for a family. 

• Like 1

I've just read the latest TR (Merci beaucoup @skylex) It's finally happening the baby is on its way!!! So excited!! 

I'm always happy for anything positive that happens to Stuart I just don't know, if he should move back into "casa Wolowitz ". I feel somehow uncomfortable if I think back to the moments when Stuart used to watch them while sleeping. I hope he stops that! Another thing is I don't like that he competes with Raj about Howardette. I hope that the scene where Bernie asks Howard for help and he tells her to ask Raj and Stuart instead while he plays with his mobile is not as mean as it sounds. I don't want him to use his friends as his personal servants to get rid off the tedious tasks at home to have more time for playing.  (although it wouldn't hurt Raj, to experience how it feels in order to learn to respect other people more) Bernie please buy some high, sharp,  heels to kick your husband's ass from time to time if he's too lazy to help! And where is Stuart going to sleep? In the garage? In baby's dormitory? I guess when Bernie comes into baby's room at night,  she will find Stuart sitting in a rocking chair, rocking the baby to sleep, while Raj stands behind him looking down at the baby, humming a lullaby, while he caresses its cheek. 

Bernie: What are you doing here Raj? I thought you had left hours ago. 

Raj: I had, when I got an emergency signal that the baby is crying from the surveillance system I installed.

Bernie : Which surveillance system?! 

Raj points at a small point on the ceiling where he installed it. 

Bernie sighs and walks back to her dormitory, while she mumbles: "I'm glad that I still have access to the poisonous agents at Zangen to poison his morning coffee." 

• Like 4

Do the audience majority of it care about Bernie giving birth? I am not saying no one does. But it seems a bit of a off beat, left of centre storyline. Most people would care about Penny being pregnant. I am enjoying the storyline, just pointing out the audiences level of investment in this storyline. Once the baby is born, i think people's interest well sway. 

So then, Bernie's baby is coming in 10x11 - I informed you thusly! ;D

Do the audience majority of it care about Bernie giving birth? I am not saying no one does. But it seems a bit of a off beat, left of centre storyline. Most people would care about Penny being pregnant. I am enjoying the storyline, just pointing out the audiences level of investment in this storyline. Once the baby is born, i think people's interest well sway. 

Bernie's pregnancy has been talked about plenty in online articles and interviews (the few we had anyway) which indicates there's some interest there. How much people will be interested in the baby? We'll have to wait and see. But I'm sure there are parts of the audience eagerly waiting for some baby related comedy.

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 4

I'm so very happy for all 3 of the Wolowitzs on the birth of Hallee!  I don't know what has happened to the other posters who I'm sure sent congratulations before me.  I can't wait to see the whole group greet the first of I hope will be a bunch of babies for our guys.

• Like 5

I am very happy for Howardette family. Hallie will be such a cutie member for TBBT family. :)

Cant wait for all funny and sweet scenes that were told in taping report. Reallly looking foward to seeing Howard's reaction to his baby girl. :wub:

Who seemes to  cry as his mother? LOL!!

Looking foward to seeing Raj's reaction as well, he would be a nice godfather to his bestfriends 's daughter.

My only complain is the pregnancy's timeline. It was a shame that a show that was used to be  so accurate about science facts and then fails miserably about such importante biologic process as a pregnancy's timeline. But well, for the Howard and Bernie's happiness in their eyes and smiles, I would pretend I got wrong how long Bernie was pregant, lol!

This is one of the storylines of this season that I am looking foward to seeing more. Can not wait for watching it on screen :)

• Like 7

Yeah looking forward to seeing what happens now with the arrival of Hallie and how not only Howard and Bernie but also the gang take to the new arrival. Will we see any of the baby or will it be like Howard's mother in that you don't see but hear?

I wanted them to have a baby girl, don't know why exactly lol but I just felt that is the outcome I wanted for them. They will be great parents and they have a great support network in their friends. I can't wait to see how they take to parenthood, there could be some very funny scenes as well as some heart-warming ones. :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

You know, the Howardette baby girl name reminds me the name of one of the sweetest movies I have ever seen:

Hallie 

Wall-E :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

I love Wall-E as well @spidergirl! Such a cute movie!

I can´t wait for baby Hallie, I´m happy that it´s a little girl with a voice as powerful as her grandmother.

Poor Howard, when they both (Bernie and Hallie) shout at him! LOL

I´m sorry for not being much here in the thread lately, but I feel exhausted because of too much stress.

Have a nice time and enjoy the show! :airkiss:

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I love Wall-E as well @spidergirl! Such a cute movie!

I can´t wait for baby Hallie, I´m happy that it´s a little girl with a powerful voice as her grandmother.

Poor Howard, when they both (Bernie and Hallie) shout at him! LOL

I´m sorry for not being much here in the thread lately, but I feel exhausted because of too much stress.

Have a nice time and enjoy the show! :airkiss:

Glad to see you! 

Hope you feel well soon. I have missed you around here. :)

Indeed, when Howard messes up about something at home, he will need steel ears, lol! But they are such lovely family :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

Howard once said, that he speaks six languages. One is Chinese, which he taught Sheldon, French and Russian as far as we know. I wonder which other languages he speaks and how he learnt them? As an engineer I can imagine that he had to read a lot of user manuals for machines and got tired of the bad translations, that he had to read over years, that he decided to learn the most important languages so he understands the user manuals and can comunicate with other engineers abroad easier. This could have been another reason, why NASA sent him to Russia, because he can read the technical devices in the space rocket and comunicate with the Russian space control center on earth. I prefer this explanation rather than the thought that he learnt them, because he was hoping to find the future Mrs. Wolowitz abroad.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

So tonight is first taping with a new character: Hallie. I am so curious about how will be showed the baby and what plots they  will explore.

• Like 4

I'm curious as well @spidergirl! I hope that Howard, Raj and Stuart support Bernie, so she can rest a bit. I don't want her to clean up behind "three little piggies"! And I hope that Howardette have some time for themselves and are not surrounded by Stuart and Raj 24/7.  I hope Stuart can turn back home soon or move to Raj. I don't mind that he visits them as often as Raj does, but I would find it "The Hand that Rocks The Cradle" creepy, if he lived in their house, because he doesn't seem to know where his frontiers are. 

I hope that we See Howardette growing together with the baby as a family. They will be some overprotective, and loving parents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I'm curious as well @spidergirl! I hope that Howard, Raj and Stuart support Bernie, so she can rest a bit. I don't want her to clean up behind "three little piggies"! And I hope that Howardette have some time for themselves and are not surrounded by Stuart and Raj 24/7.  I hope Stuart can turn back home soon or move to Raj. I don't mind that he visits them as often as Raj does, but I would find it "The Hand that Rocks The Cradle" creepy, if he lived in their house, because he doesn't seem to know where his frontiers are. 

I hope that we See Howardette growing together with the baby as a family. They will be some overprotective, and loving parents.

It seems like Stuart with live with them at least for a while. I think this might actually be helping to be more flexible with H/B/R when Stuart is babysitting and the three are off to do something else. Or at least free up Raj as the third wheel to Howardette and give him his own story. We'll see...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, April said:

It seems like Stuart with live with them at least for a while. I think this might actually be helping to be more flexible with H/B/R when Stuart is babysitting and the three are off to do something else. Or at least free up Raj as the third wheel to Howardette and give him his own story. We'll see...

Yeah, it looks like Stuart is going to live with them for a while. "sigh and shake my head sadly" I hope this is not another threesome living situation that will last longer than it is good for the characters. I understand that they want to give H/B/R more freedom, but do they really have to let Stuart move in to take care of the baby? Can't they just call him when they need him or pay him a monthly salary for the babysitting so he can pay his bills, if he can't afford his Apartment with the income of the comic book store? I just don't like that the writers are portraying Stuart as a complete loser, who is unable to accomplish anything. He was such a nice guy when they introduced him for the first time, but after a while he descented in a short time in a really sad and pityful way, that is hard to watch for me sometimes. I'm not a fan of diminishing characters.

• Like 3

I'll be surprised if we see the baby anytime soon, though I am totally expecting for them to play a baby crying sound effect and one of them having to rush to attend to the baby in some scenes. Lot of ways they can explore the new arrival for example sleepless nights, changing nappies, feeding, the rest of the gang going to visit etc.

Though I do hope when the baby is older we might see her on the show in some scenes, much easier I would imagine to work with an older baby. lol imagine like with the gestation period they fuck up how old the baby actually is. My late mother used to watch tv shows or movies, see a newborn baby on them and would say that casting is way off, the baby looks way older than they should be. I would imagine a lot of parents would know the difference between a newborn and one that is like 6 months or older lol

Like with the changes with the living situation this storyline could provide plenty of fresh new material to work with for the writers. :)

• Like 3