The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

45 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'll be surprised if we see the baby anytime soon, though I am totally expecting for them to play a baby crying sound effect and one of them having to rush to attend to the baby in some scenes. Lot of ways they can explore the new arrival for example sleepless nights, changing nappies, feeding, the rest of the gang going to visit etc.

Though I do hope when the baby is older we might see her on the show in some scenes, much easier I would imagine to work with an older baby. lol imagine like with the gestation period they fuck up how old the baby actually is. My late mother used to watch tv shows or movies, see a newborn baby on them and would say that casting is way off, the baby looks way older than they should be. I would imagine a lot of parents would know the difference between a newborn and one that is like 6 months or older lol

Like with the changes with the living situation this storyline could provide plenty of fresh new material to work with for the writers. :)

When has a TV show ever shown a baby that was fit to its age? :wink:

There are tons of hilarious baby stories I agree. Especially a tired and huffy Bernie who bares her teeth whenever Howard does or say something wrong can be funny. Imagine Bernie sleeps, while Howard takes care of the baby, when the guys come to play Super Mario on WII with him. I'm sure he would "shh"  them everytime they would exceed the allowed sound volume and force them to play something more silent like pantomime or "the first who blinks wins". LOL

Or they do trials of courage like who is brave enough to take a selfie with Bernie. Imagine the guys gathered around Bernie, to take a foto, when Bernie makes a sound and they jump off the bed and chicken out. Just imagining tall Sheldon jumping over her bed cracks me up. 

• Like 3

I seriously doubt if we ever see the baby.  None of the actors or writers want the headache of working with an actual baby or even a little kid and having Howardette be the couple to have a kid now is the perfect way to have somebody have a baby and have the baby be just like Mrs. W.... heard all the time but never seen.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I seriously doubt if we ever see the baby.  None of the actors or writers want the headache of working with an actual baby or even a little kid and having Howardette be the couple to have a kid now is the perfect way to have somebody have a baby and have the baby be just like Mrs. W.... heard all the time but never seen.

I can imagine them having a few short pre-taped baby scenes every now and then but otherwise I'm all for the "heard but never seen" approach.

• Like 4

I can't wait to see Bernie in the crib with the baby and Howard holding her hand! :tender: How big is this crib anyway? LOL 

I'm just sad that Bernie fears that the baby doesn't like her. Give yourself and the baby some time to get to know each other better Bernie! 

And hooray to Howard taking the paternal leave! I knew he would! I hope we get to see him handle with the baby. Without the help of Poppins and Doubtfire! Being a father and taking responsibility of baby and household will help him to mature. It just might take a while and will leave to funny conversations.

*Bing*

Bernadette: What was that?

Howard: That was the microwave. Our underwear for tomorrow is ready.

Bernadette: You forgot to put them in the dryer again?!

Howard: Hey, do you want a warm pyjama or not? Fresh from the oven. 

Bernie (sighs): Gimme that!

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

I can't wait to see Bernie in the crib with the baby and Howard holding her hand! :tender: How big is this crib anyway? LOL 

I'm just sad that Bernie fears that the baby doesn't like her. Give yourself and the baby some time to get to know each other better Bernie! 

And hooray to Howard taking the paternal leave! I knew he would! I hope we get to see him handle with the baby. Without the help of Poppins and Doubtfire! Being a father and taking responsibility of baby and household will help him to mature. It just might take a while and will leave to funny conversations.

*Bing*

Bernadette: What was that?

Howard: That was the microwave. Our underwear for tomorrow is ready.

Bernadette: You forgot to put them in the dryer again?!

Howard: Hey, do you want a warm pyjama or not? Fresh from the oven. 

Bernie (sighs): Gimme that!

I know what you mean, little Bernadette in the crib with the baby is going to be extremely adorable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I know what you mean, little Bernadette in the crib with the baby is going to be extremely adorable.

Looking foward to seeing that scene too. I think Howardette and Hallie are going to be such adorable and funny family. Cant wait to see the plots developed about them :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SRAM said:

It will be adorable indeed! I love it when the writers point out Howardette's cute tinyness! Especially Bernie's. They were adorable as smurfs! And Bernie in that crip with the little baby will be the icing on the cake. If the writers continue with Howardette like that they are going to kill us with cuteness! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

It will be adorable indeed! I love it when the writers point out Howardette's cute tinyness! Especially Bernie's. They were adorable as smurfs! And Bernie in that crip with the little baby will be the icing on the cake. If the writers continue with Howardette like that they are going to kill us with cuteness! 

Tiny Bernie with that huge teddy already killed me with cuteness. <3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, April said:

I know it was so cute! It melted my heart! That episode was not only great for Shamy but for Howardette as well. The moment Howardette heard their baby's heartbeat for the first time and Howard's reaction to it was so touching, that I cried happy tears, while watching the episode. I love these kind of moments and I hope there will be much more waiting for us! 

Damn I can't like again? This is frustrating! :icon_cry:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Damn I can't like again? This is frustrating! :icon_cry:

You can make 100 likes within 24 hours. For example: Let's say you were away for a day and haven't clicked the like button in the past 24 hours. Then you click like 1 time at 2pm and 99 more times at 4 pm. Naturally you would now get the message that you've reached your limit. So you then have to wait until 2pm the next day when that 1 like is 24h hours ago. You can click like again 1 time - but after that you get the message again that you've reached your limit. It's only at 4pm that your 99 likes from that liking spree the day before are freed up for you to use. Hope that explains it. :)

30 minutes ago, April said:

You can make 100 likes within 24 hours. For example: Let's say you were away for a day and haven't clicked the like button in the past 24 hours. Then you click like 1 time at 2pm and 99 more times at 4 pm. Naturally you would now get the message that you've reached your limit. So you then have to wait until 2pm the next day when that 1 like is 24h hours ago. You can click like again 1 time - but after that you get the message again that you've reached your limit. It's only at 4pm that your 99 likes from that liking spree the day before are freed up for you to use. Hope that explains it. :)

I See!:shy:  Thanks for the explanation April! 

Looking forward very much to seeing this episode and especially the Howardette storyline, you can't make a judgment until you have actually seen it but this might be the best storyline in this episode going off the TR.

Sounds like they are struggling a bit to adjust to the new arrival, only natural with a new baby. Poor Bernie getting upset and worried but it sounds like her fears get resolved in the end including some support from their friends.

Howard getting emotional and worried about Bernie is to be expected. He absolutely ADORES Bernie, Howard can be a lot of things but his devotion to Bernie can't be questioned. It's a new experience for him as well with the baby, in some ways I hope he mans up a bit especially around the house in terms of doing stuff. Though with Raj and Stuart around is there a danger it will get passed off to them? Who knows.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Looking forward very much to seeing this episode and especially the Howardette storyline, you can't make a judgment until you haven't actually seen it but this might be the best storyline in this episode going off the TR.

Sounds like they are struggling a bit to adjust to the new arrival, only natural with a new baby. Poor Bernie getting upset and worried but it sounds like her fears get resolved in the end including some support from their friends.

Howard getting emotional and worried about Bernie is to be expected. He absolutely ADORES Bernie, Howard can be a lot of things but his devotion to Bernie is without question. It's a new experience for him as well with the baby, in some ways I hope he mans up a bit especially around the house in terms of doing stuff. Though with Raj and Stuart around is there a danger it will get passed off to them? Who knows.

I was already delighted to hear that Howard is on paternity leave - this certainly gives him a chance to prove himself as a father. It could be fun to see him willing to learn some robes from the other guys to surprise/impress Bernie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, April said:

I was already delighted to hear that Howard is on paternity leave - this certainly gives him a chance to prove himself as a father. It could be fun to see him willing to learn some robes from the other guys to surprise/impress Bernie.

I would totally agree, though I would be more confident if Stuart and Raj weren't around. Maybe he slowly takes on more responsibilities from them as times goes on and then tells them he can handle it from here on out?

I guess there could be a real danger that Raj played a bit of a surrogate husband during the pregnancy and now him and Stuart are playing surrogate fathers. Can the writers resist writing jokes about that?

I know it's funny to portray Howard as a bit lazy, but with a show based on change this could be the perfect moment to change him a little bit as there is a real justifiable reason for doing so now because of baby Hallie.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would totally agree, though I would be more confident if Stuart and Raj weren't around. Maybe he slowly takes on more responsibilities from them as times goes on and then tells them he can handle it from here on out?

I guess there could be a real danger that Raj played a bit of a surrogate husband during the pregnancy and now him and Stuart are playing surrogate fathers. Can the writers resist writing jokes about that?

I know it's funny to portray Howard as a bit lazy, but with a show based on change this could be the perfect moment to change him a little bit as there is a real justifiable reason for doing so now because of baby Hallie.

Stuart and Raj being around so much would actually be the perfect setup to throw Howard into the cold water - at least for one episode. Let's just say Bernie goes back to work, Stuart has his store to run and presumably Raj is busy as well (work, date, whatever) which leaves Howard with no other choice than to run the show alone. Hilarity ensues as things don't go as planned (because of course!) - maybe complete with panic calls to the rest of the gang outside of "Team Baby" like "Don't tell Bernie/Raj/Stuart!!" which could mix up the usual group set up a bit.

• Like 3

You are right @April with Raj and Stuart working Howard will have no other choice than to do all by himself. Or to wait for Raj and Stuart coming and then help him clean up rapidly before Bernie comes home which I hope won't happen. I know that he is the kind of guy who attracts catastrophes (Just think of the robotic arm and the dove in the clean room LOL). So I expect that there are exctiting times coming for Howard, but I hope that he will learn to manage them and we don't get to hear the song "What have you broken this time Howard?" over and over again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, April said:

That was adorable, I hope we see it  in the corner of the baby's room.  I would like to see Bernadette and the baby both wrapped up in its arms.

I do hope the straighten this thing with Raj and Stuart and not have them competing anymore.  I'm actually missing Emily.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I do hope the straighten this thing with Raj and Stuart and not have them competing anymore.

It feels they kinda did that at the end of the episode with the whole "Team Baby" stuff, no? The TRs of the upcoming episodes also didn't mention much of a conflict so I guess they're over that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, April said:

It feels they kinda did that at the end of the episode with the whole "Team Baby" stuff, no? The TRs of the upcoming episodes also didn't mention much of a conflict so I guess they're over that.

It looks like, but I'm worried about Raj and Stuart a bit. Do they actually have an own life? Or are they reduced to spend almost every episode at Howardette's as their personal servants and Hallie's babysitters? How much more do they want to make Stuart's life look miserable? And did Raj really say, that Hallie cries in Bernie's arms because she wants to be mean to her own mother? Please Raj think first, before you open your mouth. I want Prya to slap him hard. Or Emily who speaks some sense into him. Bernie seems really sensitive after Hallie's birth, so she doesn't need his stupid comments.

• Like 3

This latest thing with Raj and Howardette reminds me of how Sheldon was with Leonard and Penny before Amy.  Raj without a girlfriend, hanging with Howardette all the time really makes me miss Emily.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

This latest thing with Raj and Howardette reminds me of how Sheldon was with Leonard and Penny before Amy.  Raj without a girlfriend, hanging with Howardette all the time really makes me miss Emily.  

I agree, but I want Claire back. I liked her no nonsense and a  "Penny" like attitude.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, john2p said:

I agree, but I want Claire back. I liked her no nonsense and a  "Penny" like attitude.

I guess I like Emily, but whoever it is, please give him a girlfriend again instead of being a second husband to Bernadette.

• Like 3

Now that they have done flashbacks once, they could do a flashback about how Claire and Emily broke up with Raj.

• Like 2

I wonder if we are going to see Isabella again? Otherwise I don't see why they introduced her anyway. A return of Yvette or my favorite, Lucy would be nice as well. Although as long as Raj doesn't change his behaviour I don't see him in a long term relationship. He should date women ocassionally  and maybe someday he might meet someone who puts an end to his "falling in love with every woman that shows up" attitude. I feel story for poor Cinnamon as well. She seems to spend more time with a stranger hired by her master than with Raj. Or does he leave the poor thing alone the whole day where she spends the whole day waiting at the door for his return? Poor thing!

• Like 2

Tonight's the night guys! Baby Hallie's coming! I hope that we get to see her little face at least. Or some tiny fingers. 

BTW I found this cute little GIF I wanted to share with you.

Ain't it adorable? Enjoy your first meal Hallie!

6983d33b12a8a142d15407f189cfb831.jpg

• Like 2