The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Tonight's the night guys! Baby Hallie's coming! I hope that we get to see her little face at least. Or some tiny fingers. 

BTW I found this cute little GIF I wanted to share with you.

Ain't it adorable? Enjoy your first meal Hallie!

6983d33b12a8a142d15407f189cfb831.jpg

love it , baby hallie and dad howard

• Like 3

That's a picture of Simon with his daughter Adeline....she was born in May 2012.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

That's a picture of Simon with his daughter Adeline....she was born in May 2012.

Ah ok thanks :). Still very cute :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, john2p said:

Ah ok thanks :). Still very cute :D

Agreed...very cute!

• Like 2

Wow what a great episode that was! I laughed so hard!

First of all: Welcome Hallie Rostenkowsky-Wolowitz! Congratulations Howardette! You have a unique little daughter!

There were so many funny dialogues between H/B/R/S. 

I loved the dialogue between Howard and Bernie, remembering Howard´s mom. Howard looked as it he was near to cry, when he was thinking of his mother. It was so cute, how he kissed Bernie on the hair, after he said, that they weren´t together if she didn´t answer right to Debbie´s question if she was a "Snickers" or "Milky way girl!" (I love this little PDAs of him, showing how much he loves her, sometimes they are more meaningful than kisses).

I´m happy, that Stuart had his funny moments as well where he could kick back and I´m glad that Leonard apologised to Stuart, after Raj was mean to him. And it was cute how Sheldon waved his finger towards Raj and said: "There are things you think, but don´t say Raj" (or something like that can´t remember). 

But what made my almost wet myself was the moment when they all were looking for Hallie and suddenly you heard her crying out loud and they all looked like: WTF?! I laughed so long, that my belly started hurting, while my eyes were filling with tears, because she almost sounded like her grandmother and that was so touching. (R.I.P. Carol Ann Susie and thank you for all these great dialogues between Howard and his mother and thank you for making me laugh, whenever I watch you after a hard day. And that whenever I hear your voice, that you bring my own childhood memories back. You and my mother have left this world too early. I miss you  both so much!!)

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5

I have noticed that I had not shared my thoughts about Halley 's birth here yet. I loved the scenes between Howard and Bernie, especially the moment he spoke about his mother. It was realy a nice homage to her and the way the Halley sounded was really spot on, lol!

Looking foward to seeing how this new character would bring more fun and cuteness to the show. I hope too we can see a more involved father Howard about  everyhing Halley related and that Stuart and Raj can be a good support to the couple but not as  a second and s third father. I am sure Howard and Bernie are able to that by themselves :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

I talked about it on the actual episode thread but yeah I loved the Howardette interactions at the hospital both sweet and a little bit sad when they were talking about his mother. Interesting that they didn't show anything of the arrival, perhaps Molaro was right in the interview just before it aired that birth scenes have been done to death and they wanted to do something a little different.

In terms of the baby cry I thought it was a nice tribute to the actress who played Howard's mother. However I am not sure I am looking forward to hearing that on a regular basis. The famous voice of Howard's mother perfectly fit the character that is why it was special, hearing that graveled sort of voice again with a baby or young child i'm honestly not sure about it. But this is a sitcom, if they can have a non human gestation period then they can have a baby with a 60 year old plus voice I guess lol

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that we will never see the child. I think it was to be expected but still I hope they may change their mind at some point especially once the baby is older and probably much easier to work with from a casting and scene point of view. But they know their show and are so in tune with their audience for the most part so they will no doubt make the correct call. And who knows this may well be the last season anyway?

Poor Bernie in the next episode, looking like a new mother trying to adjust to things like sleepless nights. Howard looks as fresh as a daisy lol, though he has Stuart and Raj doing stuff most likely. I just hope Howard steps it up. She looks much more relaxed and fresher when they meet up in 4A so I assume they get used to their new arrival fairly quickly.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

I hope that we get to see Howard having sleepless nights and taking care  of Halley, she is his daughter after all not Raj´s/Stuarts´s  and he is the one who is on paternal leave. Bernie needs to sleep enough, to be fully concentrated for work. Howard can take a nap, when Halley´s sleeping or when Stuart/Raj take care of her.

Howard once promised Bernie to be a better dad than his own was and to be there for Halley. Well, now he can proof what a great father he can be.

They are a team and that means that they have to rely on each other and support each other as much as possible.

On the other hand I wouldn´t mind if Howard invented some robots, who could facilitate his life as a houseman. The outcome could be hilarious.

Imagine a robot reading a bedtime story to Halley. :icon_cheesygrin:

No. 5 input.gif

• Like 7

The promo photos about Howardette and their babysitters (LOL!) look really funny! Can not wait to see why Bernie has a new hair look but I have a litle idea why was that, lol!

Seriously, I really hope to see nice storylines about Howard and Bernardette baby. And also a glimpse of Howard's background, I mean, his story with his father is not done. And with his half brother. Looking foward about all of that!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, spidergirl said:

The promo photos about Howardette and their babysitters (LOL!) look really funny! Can not wait to see why Bernie has a new hair look but I have a litle idea why was that, lol!

Seriously, I really hope to see nice storylines about Howard and Bernardette baby. And also a glimpse of Howard's background, I mean, his story with his father is not done. And with his half brother. Looking foward about all of that!

I hope that Howard's father shows up at some point, because I'm curious which of the stories the gang told him was true. Or at least that his half brother shows up again. But above all I'm excited to see Bernie in the crip her daughter snuggled up at her. :girlinlove:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I hope that Howard's father shows up at some point, because I'm curious which of the stories the gang told him was true. Or at least that his half brother shows up again. But above all I'm excited to see Bernie in the crip her daughter snuggled up at her. :girlinlove:

Unless they decide to kill him off let's say they have a storyline where his half brother turns up to tell him they could always bring him into the show. I have no doubt it would be a dramatic storyline if his father does suddenly turn up but there could be some form of redemption or forgiveness in the end I guess.

Bernie is so tiny lol, going to be funny seeing her in the crib.

Just going off the TR I am really looking forward to their story/flashback the most in this next episode.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Unless they decide to kill him off let's say they have a storyline where his half brother turns up to tell him they could always bring him into the show. I have no doubt it would be a dramatic storyline if his father does suddenly turn up but there could be some form of redemption or forgiveness in the end I guess.

Bernie is so tiny lol, going to be funny seeing her in the crib.

Just going off the TR I am really looking forward to their story/flashback the most in this next episode.

Oh it will be dramatic for sure. With tears and all. I agree that Howard will forgive his father in the end, because he has always been hoping to have a father. JMI 

Why else did he want to drink a beer with Mike when he offered Sheldon one? Or do you remember the way he looked when Mike admitted that he admires him for going to space? Or the way he swallowed, with tears in his eyes while he listened to the stories his friends told him about his father? I'm sure he wished that all of them were true. His father is not indifferent to him. And as long as he feels something for him, no matter if these feeling are positive or negative, there's still hope for a reconciliation. If his father does make a move towards him and shows up of course.

Besides, his family is important to him, no matter if it is Bernie, Halley or Raj who is like a brother for him. 

• Like 2

As Bernie is having a hard time with Halley, wouldn't it be nice if he sang for her? I found the lyrics for the song he sang to her for their anniversary and I found out that it was written by Kate Micucci and her music Partner Riki Lindhome who perform as the comedy folk duo Garfunkel and Oates. God bless them for their hearts that they wrote this sweet little song that made Howard's performance one of the sweetest moments in Howardette's love story. Here are the lyrics:

If I didn't have you
Life would be blue
I'd be Dr. Who without the Tardis
A candle without a wick
A Watson without a Crick
I'd be one of my outfits without a Dick-ie
I'd be cheese without the mac
Jobs without the Wozniak
I'd be solving exponential equations that use bases not
found on your calculator making it much harder to crack
I'd be an atom without a bomb
A dot without the com
And I'd probably still live with my mom

And he'd probably still live with his mom

Ever since I met you
You turned my world around
You supported all my dreams and all my hopes
You're like Uranium 235 and I'm Uranium 238
Almost inseparable isotopes

I couldn't have imagined
How good my life would get
From the moment that I met you, Bernadette

If I didn't have you
Life would be dreary
I'd be string theory without any string
I'd be binary code without a one
A cathode-ray tube without an electron gun
I'd be "Firefly," "Buffy" and "Avengers" without Joss Whedon
I'd speak a lot more Klingon Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

And he'd definitely still live with his mom

Ever since I met you
You turned my world around
You're my best friend and my lover
We're like changing electric and magnetic fields
You can't have one without the other

I couldn't have imagined
How good my life would get
From the moment that I met you, Bernadette

Oh, we couldn't have imagined
How good our lives would get
From the moment that we met you, Bernadette

• Like 4

Howardette were the best part of the episode today. I was not very fond of the baby plot, but I have to tell the writers have followed a very interesting path in telling it. First they focused on Bernie's difficulties to adjust to the pregnancy both from a personal and from a work PoV. In this episode, they present how for every new mum the first weeks with their baby look like. It's not easy, there are baby-blues, difficulties in understanding why the baby cries, feelings of inadequacy. Eventually, for bernie things started to get better, because she has a good support team and because she begun to understand what works with her daughter. I liked Howard in the episode; maybe he is not the father of the year just yet (he forgot Halley at Lenny's home!!!) but he was supportive towards his wife. The scene with Bernie in Halley's crib was moving and hilarious at the same time. I also like the way that baby cries and that it reminds Mrs. Wolowitz so much, I know that sound is obnoxious, but it makes me laugh a lot! 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

Not gonna lie, I legit teared up at the scene with Bernie in the crib! omg :'D

• Like 6

Howardette was the best part of the last night episode. The crib scene was adorable, I got a bit teary eyed for such tenderness between Howard, Bernie and the litle baby sleeping. :wub:

I have thought it was realistic the way the show wrote a couple adjusting to have a litle baby. Looking foward to see more of father Howard and the baby too.

• Like 5

Howardette really hit me right in the feels with their little storyline. Another sweet detail from when Sheldon comforts Bernie that I only noticed in gifs:

http://tbbt-faves.tumblr.com/post/155491057422/season-10-episode-12-the-holiday-summation

It looks like Howard is tearing up (or it has suddenly become very dusty in 4A lol) and it just melts my heart. Awwwww <3

• Like 6

6 hours ago, April said:

Howardette really hit me right in the feels with their little storyline. Another sweet detail from when Sheldon comforts Bernie that I only noticed in gifs:

http://tbbt-faves.tumblr.com/post/155491057422/season-10-episode-12-the-holiday-summation

It looks like Howard is tearing up (or it has suddenly become very dusty in 4A lol) and it just melts my heart. Awwwww <3

Wow, I hadn't noticed Howard's reaction in 4A that closely, but you are right with the gifs you really notice how upset he is that she is upset or worried. He also has that 'see Bernie there is nothing to worry about, I told you that you are doing a good job' reaction when their friends tried to reassure them as well. Thanks for the link @April

Brilliant acting by Simon once again.

I thought their storyline was the best of the three in this episode.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

Sorry to be late to the discussion, I had a rough week!

I loved the Howardette plot as well. I felt with Bernie, because the first weeks are always very tough, not only for Bernie who has to fight with her insecuritites and fears and the baby blues, but for Halley as well, because she feels her mother´s desperation but doesn´t understand it and she has to struggle with new experiences for the first time, like hunger, thirst and to sleep outside the warm and comfort womb of her mother and this must be all very challenging for a little thing like Halley. I was near to hug the screen and cry out loud: "It´s going to be fine, it´ll pass Bernie!"

Then I saw Bernie in that crip and heard Howard saying: "I love you my girls" and "Good job Mommy!" and how he kissed Bernie´s fingers through the bars and my heart skipped a beat, while I cried happy tears. This was just perfect, this is the Howardette I want to see for the rest of the series, tender and supportive, I almost forgave Howard for forgetting Halley at Lenny´s (I said almost, not that I didn´t forgive him!)

The only good thing about the Shamy plot was, that Sheldon tried to console Bernie and patted her on the head, this was very cute.

I´ll leave out my comments about the Shamy plot, because it´s not the right place for this and I don´t want to spread bad vibes in the Shamy thread either, so I´ll swallow my frustration down (maybe I will bring up my issues in a ff, who knows).

• Like 3

Sorry for being late to the conversation. I guess everything regarding the Lenny and Shamy plot has been summed up together, so I´m just concentrating on the Howardette plot and my observations. I have found some very nice details in Halley´s bedroom. For example you can find her name on the door at the other end of the room in big red letters. (I love the owl in the shelf next to the door!)

And my favourite part is the shelf next to entrance door of the dormitory. You can see it for a second before Howard swings over on that rope. The shelves look asymmetric and remind me of the branches of a tree, which is really cool. I like how much efforts for these little details the set staff have put into this setting, like the do in every setting. (Kudos to them!)

It was sweet how Raj mentioned that Halley´s going to grow up in the same room as Howard. (Although if might disturb her one day, as soon as she finds out what her father did there LOL (*Cough* *Cough* black light *Cough* *Cough*)

I´m happy everytime I hear Halley and I hope that the show lasts longer, so we might get to hear her saying her first words like "mommy", "daddy" or "lasagna" LOL or hear her stomping through the house like Godzilla.

Simon was really find in that episode I loved his little dance but what really cracked me up was when he and Raj were brainstorming.

(Once this show ends I want Simon to get his own comedy show, because he really deserves it, he is such a great actor!)

Until then I enjoy every episode of Howard when he can show his comedic potencial.

Oh my, my belly still hurts from laughing! (I´m glad that Halley wasn´t in the bed! Bernie has to make sure to hide everything from Howard which he could use to swing, otherwise he might use the curtain next to swing over like Tarzan)

Howard crashes Halley´s bed.gif

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Sorry for being late to the conversation. I guess everything regarding the Lenny and Shamy plot has been summed up together, so I´m just concentrating on the Howardette plot and my observations. I have found some very nice details in Halley´s bedroom. For example you can find her name on the door at the other end of the room in big red letters. (I love the owl in the shelf next to the door!)

And my favourite part is the shelf next to entrance door of the dormitory. You can see it for a second before Howard swings over on that rope. The shelves look asymmetric and remind me of the branches of a tree, which is really cool. I like how much efforts for these little details the set staff have put into this setting, like the do in every setting. (Kudos to them!)

It was sweet how Raj mentioned that Halley´s going to grow up in the same room as Howard. (Although if might disturb her one day, as soon as she finds out what her father did there LOL (*Cough* *Cough* black light *Cough* *Cough*)

I´m happy everytime I hear Halley and I hope that the show lasts longer, so we might get to hear her saying her first words like "mommy", "daddy" or "lasagna" LOL or hear her stomping through the house like Godzilla.

Simon was really find in that episode I loved his little dance but what really cracked me up was when he and Raj were brainstorming.

(Once this show ends I want Simon to get his own comedy show, because he really deserves it, he is such a great actor!)

Until then I enjoy every episode of Howard when he can show his comedic potencial.

Oh my, my belly still hurts from laughing! (I´m glad that Halley wasn´t in the bed! Bernie has to make sure to hide everything from Howard which he could use to swing, otherwise he might use the curtain next to swing over like Tarzan)

Howard crashes Halley´s bed.gif

That scene is perfection, lol! I laughed so hard in Howard scenes in this episode!

Great details indeed! I hope we can see more development about this cute family soon!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

That scene is perfection, lol! I laughed so hard in Howard scenes in this episode!

Great details indeed! I hope we can see more development about this cute family soon!

I know I hope we get more seasons, so the writers don´t have to rush things now (although they could rush coming up with happy, cute Lenny episodes it´s about time). It would be nice to see them living together, singing lullabys or feeding her.

Imagine Halley had her grandmother´s appetite.

Raj sits in the kitchen and sees Howard leaving with a plate and a soup ladle .

Raj: Where are you going?

Howard: I have to feed Halley.

• Like 3

I' d like to see a plotline about Howard being more involved to share baby time with Bernie, like sharing some tasks but without Raj. I know he is Halley's godfather but I would like more parents / baby stuff, you know. I am sure it would be memorable cute moments and Howard promised Bernie to be more helpfull and less lazy at home once. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

It would be great indeed to see how he manages his life as houseman and daddy.

I would love to see him frustrated and near to tears and on the other side excited whenever Halley learns something new.

I imagine that Bernie gets tons of pictures from Howard of Halley´s first smile, Halley´s first crawling attempts and Halley´s first steps or Halley eating for the first time. Or videos of Halley laying in her bed and making noises (cute and let´s say not so cute noises :icon_cheesygrin:)

I hope we get to see Howard reading bedtime stories using different voices for every character (It would be hilarious to hear his interpretation of the bad wolf who sounds like Marlon Brando in "The Godfather" trying to negotiate with the three little pigs to get access to their houses, while Raj plays the Godfather soundtrack on his violin just for the acoustic atmosphere LOL).

Or Howard and Bernie could sing a self written lullaby and dance to it like in a musical.

I can already see it unfolding in front of my eyes.  *Sigh* :girlsigh:

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5