Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

It would be great indeed to see how he manages his life as houseman and daddy.

I would love to see him frustrated and near to tears and on the other side excited whenever Halley learns something new.

I imagine that Bernie gets tons of pictures from Howard of Halley´s first smile, Halley´s first crawling attempts and Halley´s first steps or Halley eating for the first time. Or videos of Halley laying in her bed and making noises (cute and let´s say not so cute noises :icon_cheesygrin:)

I hope we get to see Howard reading bedtime stories using different voices for every character (It would be hilarious to hear his interpretation of the bad wolf who sounds like Marlon Brando in "The Godfather" trying to negotiate with the three little pigs to get access to their houses, while Raj plays the Godfather soundtrack on his violin just for the acoustic atmosphere LOL).

Or Howard and Bernie could sing a self written lullaby and dance to it like in a musical.

I can already see it unfolding in front of my eyes.  *Sigh* :girlsigh:

 

 

 

I just love to read about your love for this ship. It 's beautiful and warm. Fandom should have more people like you :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I just love to read about your love for this ship. It 's beautiful and warm. Fandom should have more people like you :)

:icon_redface: Thank you.

But there are so many great people here who share their thoughts and impressions about Howardette and I´m so thankful for all of you, because without you all this thread would be quite lonely.

I love every character of this show, even Raj who I´d like to slap sometimes, for the things he does or says.:shy:

Howardette are so cute, they don´t try to change the other, they just accept each other and love their partner unconditionally and this is just wonderful. And they always hit me right in the heart, when they support each other in their worst moments (the death of Howard´s mother, the loss of her urn, Bernadette´s struggling with her motherhood, etc.) All this made their relationship so strong and it is great to see how much they have developed.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard is one of my favourite characters and it doesnt matter how many times I rewatch tbbt episodes whatever the season, he never fails me , I laugh hard. Like this moment from last episode, I love it to pieces! Can't wait for more from Holowitz family! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

ef999b03-a99b-40c9-a2f3-afe9b37309c9.gif

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Howard is one of my favourite characters and it doesnt matter how many times I rewatch tbbt episodes whatever the season, he never fails me , I laugh hard. Like this moment from last episode, I love it to pieces! Can't wait for more from Holowitz family! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

ef999b03-a99b-40c9-a2f3-afe9b37309c9.gif

He is so funny indeed!

He rocks!

 

Howard tears off clothes.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

He is so funny indeed!

He rocks!

 

Howard tears off clothes.gif

I have rewatched that episode a few weeks ago and Howard's scenes were golden comedy! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

I have rewatched that episode a few weeks ago and Howard's scenes were golden comedy! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

I agree Howard was funny, sometimes I miss early Howard, I mean I miss his creativitiy when it came to get women. He used NASA satellites to find the supermodel mansion, he sang for Bernie at the Cheese Cake Factory to get Bernie back, he used a robot hand for his personal needs (I cracked up when the nurse pressed the button on Howard´s laptop (I love her dry humor and was happy that she had another appearance in the birth episode!), to reboot the system and Howard freaked out, because he thought that the robot arm would twist around and do him any harm (I´m glad it didn´t otherwise Halley wouldn´t exist, I think Howard ows her a big one)

But what I love the most about him is his physical comedy.

One of my all time favorites is this one. (TBH it is my second favorite one from now on, because no. 1 is how Howard crashes Halley´s bed)

Howard riding invisible horse.gif

 

 

He´s totally unashamed and can be so hilariously silly and I love that! I hope he never changes that and I hope Halley comes a bit after him.

Take her special voice and Howard´s physical comedy and you will have another amazing character. (I wish I could see her growing up!)

And his behaviour sometimes rubs off on other characters, think of the episode, where he had this fight with Sheldon about the parking lot or the scavenger hunt with Amy. I loved to see how much fun they both had and how Amy got totally silly as well, she was so unleashed, because she was so comfortable with Howard, that she was able to let out her inner passion for music, especially for Neil Diamond.

It is my favorite HAmy moment!

HAmy karaoke.gif

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I agree Howard was funny, sometimes I miss early Howard, I mean I miss his creativitiy when it came to get women. He used NASA satellites to find the supermodel mansion, he sang for Bernie at the Cheese Cake Factory to get Bernie back, he used a robot hand for his personal needs (I cracked up when the nurse pressed the button on Howard´s laptop (I love her dry humor and was happy that she had another appearance in the birth episode!), to reboot the system and Howard freaked out, because he thought that the robot arm would twist around and do him any harm (I´m glad it didn´t otherwise Halley wouldn´t exist, I think Howard ows her a big one)

But what I love the most about him is his physical comedy.

One of my all time favorites is this one. (TBH it is my second favorite one from now on, because no. 1 is how Howard crashes Halley´s bed)

Howard riding invisible horse.gif

 

 

He´s totally unashamed and can be so hilariously silly and I love that! I hope he never changes that and I hope Halley comes a bit after him.

Take her special voice and Howard´s physical comedy and you will have another amazing character. (I wish I could see her growing up!)

And his behaviour sometimes rubs off on other characters, think of the episode, where he had this fight with Sheldon about the parking lot or the scavenger hunt with Amy. I loved to see how much fun they both had and how Amy got totally silly as well, she was so unleashed, because she was so comfortable with Howard, that she was able to let out her inner passion for music, especially for Neil Diamond.

It is my favorite HAmy moment!

HAmy karaoke.gif

Omg, that hamy moment, lol!!! It is pure gold! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only one issue I have currently with their storyline or direction and I wouldn't say it is a big one  and I am on record being a big fan of their storyline this season.

I think they need to mix in more group stuff again. They have kind of separated the group a lot this season at times which actually makes sense because of the storylines. We won't see the baby so there is nothing stopping them perhaps having a piece of dialogue there that says someone off camera is babysitting for example Stuart or even say Bernadette's parents.  This could then free up Howard, Bernadette and even Raj to have some storylines with the group as a whole or members of the group/their own storyline. I guess for as much as I have enjoyed this story arc I do miss some of the group interactions a little.

I guess it's about finding that balance. Maybe that might be tweaked more as Halley gets older?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

There is only one issue I have currently with their storyline or direction and I wouldn't say it is a big one  and I am on record being a big fan of their storyline this season.

I think they need to mix in more group stuff again. They have kind of separated the group a lot this season at times which actually makes sense because of the storylines. We won't see the baby so there is nothing stopping them perhaps having a piece of dialogue there that says someone off camera is babysitting like Stuart or even say Bernadette's parents and then freeing up Howard, Bernadette and even Raj to have some storylines with the group as a whole or members of the group or n Raj's case have his own storyline. I guess for as much as I have enjoyed this story arc I do miss some of the group interactions a little.

I guess it's about finding that balance. Maybe that might be tweaked more as Halley gets older?

I agree that they didn't spend much time as a group, when Bernie was pregnant. But I can totally understand that Bernie wanted to rest and spend time alone with her husband before the baby arrived.  But now, that Halley's there, we see Howardette joining the group more. We have seen a group meal and girl's night at 4b and we have seen Howard supporting Sheldon with the emotion detector device. That's a start that hopefully leads to more group episodes. I would love to see the boys go out and meet other colleagues, like Bert, Kripke and Dave. I miss the last two a lot! But I guess this would be too crowded. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Jonny, I do miss some of the group interactions too. Writers can't focus at same time about group and individual plotlines every week as the characters now are more but one of the things I think tbbt was awesome was how all characters interact as a family and sometimes there are many scenes from litle groups inside the group and it affects the gang dynamic. Lives changes indeed but there are so much potencial for new strories as much the characters embrace new things in their lives that sometimes what we got is good but taste as litle, you know. Hopefully we might see more of this developed soon or in more future seasons. *crosses fingers*

And there is a thing that annoys me a bit is the question of wherever is howardette and baby, there will be there Raj or Stuart. They are close friends, they help with Halley but it imo seems a bit too  much as they have so much influence in couple's lives. I wish the writers could focus a bit more in Raj for he had his own plotline and who knows, something good for Stuart embrace in his life beyond his  role as nanny of Halley.

I love so much these characters that I really want all them happy for their own things too and not only for the things their friends got. And it is possible as the show develop equally plotlines for everyone , even we can't see every week all characters included in main plotline. I would not mind at all.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I agree with @Jonny, I do miss some of the group interactions too. Writers can't focus at same time about group and individual plotlines every week as the characters now are more but one of the things I think tbbt was awesome was how all characters interact as a family and sometimes there are many scenes from litle groups inside the group and it affects the gang dynamic. Lives changes indeed but there are so much potencial for new strories as much the characters embrace new things in their lives that sometimes what we got is good but taste as litle, you know. Hopefully we might see more of this developed soon or in more future seasons. *crosses fingers*

And there is a thing that annoys me a bit is the question of wherever is howardette and baby, there will be there Raj or Stuart. They are close friends, they help with Halley but it imo seems a bit too  much as they have so much influence in couple's lives. I wish the writers could focus a bit more in Raj for he had his own plotline and who knows, something good for Stuart embrace in his life beyond his  role as nanny of Halley.

I love so much these characters that I really want all them happy for their own things too and not only for the things their friends got. And it is possible as the show develop equally plotlines for everyone , even we can't see every week all characters included in main plotline. I would not mind at all.

I agree totally with you, there has to be another destiny for Stuart than just the role of Halley's nanny. I mean he is Intelligent, has a sense of humor, sensitive and he has studied arts at college. He was self confident enough to ask Penny and Amy for a date once (what happened to this guy anyway?) and suceeded. So it shouldn't be a problem to find another woman or go out for dates, should it? Or at least let him write on his own comic and suceed publishing it. A comic based on his life for example. Or whatever and then move into a nice Apartment where he can paint and write. And Raj? I know he is Howard's best friend and as much as I love to See them spend time, I find that he is way too much time spending there. He is not alone he has Cinnamon. I would love to see them having dinner at candle light, eating something Raj has cooked. Cinnamon could sit in a highchair for toddler's a nice sparkling bow on her head and Raj raises his glass towards her saying: "Happy Birthday princess!" Or now that his exes have given him advice, he is able to find a girlfriend, he truly loves and keep her. There are so many possibilities.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not much to see about Howardette this time, but I was glad to read that they refused to let Raj live in their house. *sighs relieved* 

I'm glad that the writers seem to fix Raj (at least I'm hoping) but I was really mad, to read that he wants to feed Cinnamon with Imodium. Seriously Raj?! That is how you treat your little princess?? If it is such a burden for you to take her out for a walk and take care of her, then find her a new home with people who really care for her. 

Cinammon if you want to flee from your ass of a master, then twitter #woof and I come for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

There's not much to see about Howardette this time, but I was glad to read that they refused to let Raj live in their house. *sighs relieved* 

I'm glad that the writers seem to fix Raj (at least I'm hoping) but I was really mad, to read that he wants to feed Cinnamon with Imodium. Seriously Raj?! That is how you treat your little princess?? If it is such a burden for you to take her out for a walk and take care of her, then find her a new home with people who really care for her

Cinammon if you want to flee from your ass of a master, then twitter #woof and I come for you. 

Seriously, that made me cringe! As a cats owner, I think it was a cruel quote about pets that imo is not funny at all.

But honestly Raj really needs to try really hard to amuse me lately. Which is a pity because I had faith on Raj in past.

About Howardette, I really like their refuse though. They need to stand up for themselves and for Halley!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Seriously, that made me cringe! As a cats owner, I think it was a cruel quote about pets that imo is not funny at all.

But honestly Raj really needs to try really hard to amuse me lately. Which is a pity because I had faith on Raj in past.

About Howardette, I really like their refuse though. They need to stand up for themselves and for Halley!

I don't find it funny either. He can hurt her seriously with these pills. I don't understand how his feeling could change that much for her. I mean when he got her, he was so happy to have her, he installed surveillance cameras in his apartment, he bought a stroller to drive her around like a baby, he feeds her with expensive meat, he shares his bed with her, he even wanted to rip out some dog's intrails to save her life. 

What happened to the dog lover Raj? Pets are like family members, you don't drug them! I know some might think I overreact because she is a tertiary character, but I love her as much as every other character and it hurts me to read, how he treats her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is Howardette thread but let me tell you just one more thing about Raj. I think he is damaged and I feel sorry for him. Maybe the goal of writers ( I am an eternal optimistic, can't help myself) is creating a situation that save him in some way. Because if they realy dont what to do with him, at least they should not make him being so harsh and cruel as sometimes he shows to be in some situations. 

Hopefully Howard and Bernie might help him in some way, who knows.  I would like it could happen. I hate the idea of every character be happy but Raj. I want everyone happy and confortable with their lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I know this is Howardette thread but let me tell you just one more thing about Raj. I think he is damaged and I feel sorry for him. Maybe the goal of writers ( I am an eternal optimistic, can't help myself) is creating a situation that save him in some way. Because if they realy dont what to do with him, at least they should not make him being so harsh and cruel as sometimes he shows to be in some situations. 

Hopefully Howard and Bernie might help him in some way, who knows.  I would like it could happen. I hate the idea of every character be happy but Raj. I want everyone happy and confortable with their lives.

Let's hope.

Before I go for today I'll leave this little Howardette GIF, to remind me that this is the Howardette thread and because I want to depart with happy feelings. And this GIF makes me happy. 

 

200_d.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Let's hope.

Before I go for today I'll leave this little Howardette GIF, to remind me that this is the Howardette thread and because I want to depart with happy feelings. And this GIF makes me happy. 

 

200_d.gif

See ya! I love to chat about Howardette with you :)

a7b953709833dfeedd17b376cbf6aeb5.jpg.844b04dd6607b597295bc950bc9ab94d.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, spidergirl said:

See ya! I love to chat about Howardette with you :)

a7b953709833dfeedd17b376cbf6aeb5.jpg.844b04dd6607b597295bc950bc9ab94d.jpg

It is always a pleasure to talk to you too. :shy: 

Aww, that's sweet thanks for the hug! 

 

images.jpg

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

I've had to give my elderly cat Miralax--it was prescribed by the Vet;  maybe Raj's Vet told him about the Imodium.

And it helped your cat? I didn't know that it works for animals as well. 

But still, I have the feeling that he gives her imodium, because he doesn't want her to shit in his apartment, while he is working or doing whatever. It is much easier than waking up early, to take her out for a walk. I'm sure the writers think it's funny, that the characters like to drug each other when one of their friends is difficult to handle. The worst thing is that none of them ever had any scruples to do it and that's very disturbing for me.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a beautiful Video of Howardette on YouTube. Unfortunately I couldn't embed the link here, so if you want to see it, type "The Howard and Bernadette Story from The Big Bang Theory". It sums up their love story pretty. 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the last episode was about Howard and Raj so I will just talk about the gathering with Raj´s exes. It was painful to hear, what the girls had to say, but knowing what an ass Raj has been, he deserved it.

But I liked that Howard defended Raj and pinched his cheek.

I was bewildered by their dialogue, because I didn´t know what to think about it.

I mean, if the writers chosed to let them get gay, then the best moment would have been ago, when they were both single.

TBH I´m not interested in another ending like HIMYM, where Howard after 20 years of marriage realizes that he actually loved Raj and that he needed to be married with Bernie to realize that.

Yeah, they clearly love each other, but not like lovers, more like siblings.

They sometimes remind me of the sitcom The Odd Couple (with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall, not the remake). And that is how I see their relationship, besides all the sex jokes.

If Bernie died before Howard, I could clearly see him living together with Raj but not more than that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Well the last episode was about Howard and Raj so I will just talk about the gathering with Raj´s exes. It was painful to hear, what the girls had to say, but knowing what an ass Raj has been, he deserved it.

But I liked that Howard defended Raj and pinched his cheek.

I was bewildered by their dialogue, because I didn´t know what to think about it.

I mean, if the writers chosed to let them get gay, then the best moment would have been ago, when they were both single.

TBH I´m not interested in another ending like HIMYM, where Howard after 20 years of marriage realizes that he actually loved Raj and that he needed to be married with Bernie to realize that.

Yeah, they clearly love each other, but not like lovers, more like siblings.

They sometimes remind me of the sitcom The Odd Couple (with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall, not the remake). And that is how I see their relationship, besides all the sex jokes.

If Bernie died before Howard, I could clearly see him living together with Raj but not more than that.

Exactly my thoughts about this! I think it would be pointless the show put these two having a sexual/ romantic relationship after Howard fell in love with Bernie and built a family with her. I really hope it was just a thrown line.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Exactly my thoughts about this! I think it would be pointless the show put these two having a sexual/ romantic relationship after Howard fell in love with Bernie and built a family with her. I really hope it was just a thrown line.

Exactly, Howard clearly loves Bernie and they have Halley, so I see no reason why he would suddenly would want to divorce and marry Raj.

But maybe the writers wanted to test the waters, to see how the audience would react, if Raj would fall in love with an other man?

Although combined with his metrosexuality it would be too clichée.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Exactly, Howard clearly loves Bernie and they have Halley, so I see no reason why he would suddenly would want to divorce and marry Raj.

But maybe the writers wanted to test the waters, to see how the audience would react, if Raj would fall in love with an other man?

Although combined with his metrosexuality it would be too clichée.

Indeed! It is pity how writers seem lost about what to do with Raj. There are a few things they could explore about his character and they seem to be forgotten.Raj has a different  background of his friends as he is a foreigner working and living in a different country from he was born so he has a few cultural differences that could be explored. He doesnt work with the guys but he has a such interisting profession that is usually  never mentioned and he has usually never said any facts about Astronomy. It is like he just hang out with the gang and collect exes, which is a pity. I really hope the writers can save the character in some way but rather without damage none of the others for save him, you know. Because if  Raj might be gay or bi, he could be and not necessarily he had to date one of his  close friends like Howard.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.