Penny gets her long awaited acting job

I have an idea how the 3rd series might end, which will disappoint a lot of people if it comes true. Penny might be leaving...

"TV's Kaley Cuoco ('Big Bang Theory') will co-star in the live-action/CG-animated film 'I Hop' with James Marsden ('Enchanted,' 'The Box') and Russell Brand. Cuoco will play Marsden's sister in the film, about an unemployed slacker (Marsden) who accidentally injures the Easter Bunny (Brand) and is then forced to take him under his wing. Meanwhile, Cuoco will also join the indie film 'Last Ride,' starring Henry Thomas as country legend Hank Williams. [Hollywood Reporter]"

I dont know about conflicting schedules or whether Kaley could commit to another series if she was looking to break into movies full time. It may be the case that Penny could be written out fairly quickly if she committed to a movie shoot. If Penny does leave, I hope they give her a big movie role (maybe with Vincent Chase?) in some blockbuster

In any case, Im sure you will join me in congratulating her on her new roles.

Hi from what I've read on the web season 4 is locked in again only from what I've heard here and there the way season 3 end's Penny would have to be still in it ( we are only up to episode 11 in the UK) at the start of season 4

Kaley is not going anywhere. They finished taping Season 3 on April 4th. There are 23 episodes for this season. They have 4 months off before they start taping for season 4. Most TV actors due other things during these long breaks such as make movies, do theatre work and other personal interests. I'm not sure if the poster of this thread meant that Penny was actually going to be written off this show. I think they were just giving an opinion on how they thought the Season 3 finale would play out. I believe all 5 actors are under contract thru Season 4.

Kaley is not going anywhere. They finished taping Season 3 on April 4th. There are 23 episodes for this season. They have 4 months off before they start taping for season 4. Most TV actors due other things during these long breaks such as make movies, do theatre work and other personal interests. I'm not sure if the poster of this thread meant that Penny was actually going to be written off this show. I think they were just giving an opinion on how they thought the Season 3 finale would play out. I believe all 5 actors are under contract thru Season 4.

Nice to know ^^

Nice to know ^^

No Problem Shiz Nizal (I have no idea how to spell that Howard quote):icon_lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yhea I can't imagine being able to replace her. They would have to do what they did on NCIS when they replaced Kate with Ziva. They would have to go with something different because some one similar with Penny just wouldn't work.

Phew indeed. what asigh of relief. I was just thinking about That 70s show and how eric left due to a roll in another movie (spiderman I think) and how much i hated spiderman for taking away that 70s show main character. Even though I love stan lee and marvel comics.

hopefully she won't be going anywhere.. she's an original character, perfect for this show and i believe the ratings will drop drastically if she were to leave, forcing the show to cancel! if she does take on another project, i will definitely support her!

Well, that would suck if she left. the chemistry between the cast would fall apart. They tried to introduce other female cast and quickly realized the error (Alicia from upstairs).

Kaley needs to remember how she got where she is. leaving in the prime of the show would be bad news. You never realize what you have til its gone. She's great on the show and should stay for a while.

If she does leave? the replacement would have to be exceptional in every way and the chemistry would have to be their or the show would simply loose viewers. She brings an edge to the cast and a diversity to the genius humor we all love.

I can only see Penny leaving when the show is pulled as season 4 may be the last season but your right if they replaced her it would never work it's been said before they all work so well anyone new would not have time to work their way in