2016 Fan Fiction and Art Nominations

2016_TBBT_awards_rgbcn.jpg

The 2016 Big Bang Theory Fan Forum awards nominations are open now until September 3rd.

For the past several years, The Big Bang Theory Fansite forum hosts an award, to thank the authors who supply us with stories. This year we are adding an exciting new element! This year you can also nominate your favorite artist and artworks for a fan art portion of the awards!

To nominate you must be a member of the TBBT Fansite forum. The author or artist you nominate must also be a member of the forum.

The rules are simple, nominate your favorite author in the following categories:

Best Author

Best New Author

Best Shamy

Best Lenny

Best AU

Best oneshot/prompt (for our tumblr active members)

Best Alternative ship (Remily, Howardette, non traditional  pairing)

Steamiest

Funniest

Best Overall

Wildcard (this is no need to nominate for this category, we'll explain later) 

Stories must be published/updated since September 2015.

Nominate your favorite Fan art/artist in these categories

Best artist

Best new artist or young artist

Best Shamy

Best Lenny

Best other

Best cast portrait

Best crossover/ AU

Best photoshop/edit

Artists must give permission to the TBBT Fansite Forum to post their works.

Nominations must be sent to all the following members:

@boys3allc @Tensor @rgbcn @Queenfisher and @kerrycec03,  

This is to ensure nominations are received, and to cross check the numbers.  To do this, simply enter all five names in the "To" block.  Please also put Fan Fic Awards in the "Subject" line.  Again, nominations are open until 11:59 PM EST (0359 UTC) on September 3rd.

Tensor

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Howardette is a non traditional pairing? :icon_confused: 

Nope! Last year there were not enough stories for them to have their own so it is... Remily or Howardette or Non traditional pairing :)

16 minutes ago, geekybluestrawberry said:

For clarification regarding some of the fic nominations, would you guys like particular fic titles nominated for any of the categories or just the author?

I think the author on best authors and the title fics on the other categories, @boys3allc am I correct?

I recommend to check the fanart thread to be able to nominate artists here. There are artists who only publish here.

If you are a new user and wants to be nominated in the fanart section, go and post your art there so we can see it!! 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

The 2016 Big Bang Theory Fan Forum awards nominations are open now until September 3rd.

[...] This year we are adding an exciting new element! This year you can also nominate your favorite artist and artworks for a fan art portion of the awards!

Interesting!

Some of you may know, that I make fan art.

On this occasion, thanks to all fan art artists and fanfiction authors for their contributions to the BBT fandom and the hard work they put in. :shy:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2

Ok I'm going to nominate - but I use this forum on my phone so can't always see all the width of the screen I just want to check I'm reading this right , I can be so slow sometimes haha ! 

I nominate up to two stories / authors per catagory ? And send the nominations by pm to all five people tagged ??

They have to have at least be updated since sept '15 and doesn't matter when they were started ?? 

Once I'm sure this is right I can put my day off tomorrow to good use lol , then I can start on the fan art nominations !!! 

Oh wait, did I read they must be a forum member ? If I'm not sure they are , how do I check ?? 

On August 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM, rgbcn said:

I think the author on best authors and the title fics on the other categories, @boys3allc am I correct?

I recommend to check the fanart thread to be able to nominate artists here. There are artists who only publish here.

If you are a new user and wants to be nominated in the fanart section, go and post your art there so we can see it!! 

Enjoy!

Exactly right! The author for those categories. Just give is the title of the story and author for the others. You can send us the pic you nominate :) also it is not required to nominate in every category.

31 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Ok I'm going to nominate - but I use this forum on my phone so can't always see all the width of the screen I just want to check I'm reading this right , I can be so slow sometimes haha ! 

I nominate up to two stories / authors per catagory ? And send the nominations by pm to all five people tagged ??

They have to have at least be updated since sept '15 and doesn't matter when they were started ?? 

Once I'm sure this is right I can put my day off tomorrow to good use lol , then I can start on the fan art nominations !!! 

Oh wait, did I read they must be a forum member ? If I'm not sure they are , how do I check ?? 

Two per category and pm all of us tagged so we can fact check together.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8mNtEJhI_QY-miijxqpRv2i2p_eKtSoptDyPROsvTs

This is a list of the most current and eliglbe stories.  The story does'nt have to be on the list to be nommed but it is a helpful guideline.

thank you so much! We look forward to everyones nominations.

• Like 1

Still waiting for more artists to join us on the fanart thread. I will try to keep the list updated if there's more people joining us.

Regina@rgbcn - The Big Bang Theory fanart - Shamy lover

Support me on Patreon

Follow me on Instagram, tumblr, youtube, twitter, facebook and weibo

• Like 1

Do you guys need help combing for eligible stories and/or authors?  I know it must be a big job and still ongoing maybe...like I *think* for example, that all of my stories are eligible (though clearly not all worthy of course! LOL) because I only started writing in October last year, but only 2 are on the "eligible" list above, and my newest written over the last couple months isnt among them.

If you'd like another hand combing story lists let me know!  :-)

Edited by jlove
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jlove said:

Do you guys need help combing for eligible stories and/or authors?  I know it must be a big job and still ongoing maybe...like I *think* for example, that all of my stories are eligible (though clearly not all worthy of course! LOL) because I only started writing in October last year, but only 2 are on the "eligible" list above, and my newest written over the last couple months isnt among them.

If you'd like another hand combing story lists let me know!  :-)

Just a reminder the list is merely a guideline. You can nominate stories off the list. However I would love the help if you  are Volunteering. 

One more week guys! Send in your noms!

8 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I think five of mine are, but I don't mind if they're deemed not to be.

You are right @Stephen Hawking , I added the ones that are published in/or after September 2015 (2 in this case) I don't know if the ones updated after but published before september 2015 can be added? @boys3allc 

7 minutes ago, rgbcn said:

I don't know if the ones updated after but published before September 2015 can be added.

According to a post by boys3allc, in the thread Fan Fiction Awards 2016:-

The story must have been updated/published by September 1st 2015.

I suspect boys3allc actually meant after (rather than by) September 1st 2015. :) 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

According to a post by boys3allc, in the thread Fan Fiction Awards 2016:-

The story must have been updated/published by September 1st 2015.

My apologies, I'm in the fanart part and is the first time being here, I will add the other 3 now!

Remember for the fanart part, to check the fanart thread and submit the artists and pieces you like the most for the nominations!

you can tell us which piece do you like to nominate for each category, but better if you can add the photo of the artwork with the nomination (or the url of the image)

Only one week more!

1 hour ago, April said:

*remembers today is the last day to hand in nominations* Oh I should do that!

*remembers I'm shit at picking faves and making decisions* Dammit.

Decisions are hard! 

Going to be even harder tomorrow when the poll is posted!

Without giving away to much. I just want to say how excited I am for ya'll to see the poll tomorrow. Such a wonderful display of talent. I am so happy we included fan art this year because you artists blow me away with your talent. 

Thank you everyone for sending in your nominations. This years awards are going to be fantastic. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3