Stephen Hawking

That's an amusing factoid.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:35 PM, walnutcowboy said:

Just like a liberal, only allowing one view !

Please feel free to post your comment/view, but don't try to stop me from mine

The topic is Amusing Factoids. Here's an amusing factoid for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4165902/Trumpocalypse-preppers-buy-underground-shelters-Texas.html

People on all sides of the political spectrum are gearing up for an impending apocalypse, if a Texas bunker manufacturer is to be believed.

Following the election of Donald Trump, the Doomsday Clock reached two-and-a-half minutes to midnight - the closest to an apocalypse since 1953.

And Rising S Company in Murchison, 75 miles southeast of Dallas, is offering willing and able patrons livable underground bunkers.

The company offers shelters from a 96-square-foot abode for two to the aptly named 'Aristocrat' which can sleep 44 people and includes 10 individual master bedrooms.

That translates into approximately 1 McDonalds for every 22,000 Americans. In Canada, we have approximately 1 Tim Hortons for every 8,000 people. I guess we're pretty fond of our donuts and double doubles here! :) (For those not fluent in Canuckian, a double double is a coffee or tea with two cream two sugar). 

India just launched a record-breaking 104 satellites into space from one rocket

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/india-just-launched-a-record-breaking-104-satellites-into-space-from-one-rocket/2017/02/15/e705626c-64ff-4b46-a05a-655cfd3cdb7c_story.html

“This is a great moment for each and every one of us. Today we have created history,” said the project’s manager, B. Jayakumar afterward. The total number of satellites far outstripped the previous record — 37 simultaneously sent into space by Russia in 2014.