The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.23 - Season Finale - May 24

*spoilers included*:

Where was penny to say..."holy crap on a cracker!"? it was like the sith, as yoda would say: "always two there are"...."a sheldon and a sheldonette" :D hahahaha probably that's why Howard said "good god what have we done" lol.

As for raj, that was a very good and smart way to get sheldon to cooperate and go to the date, you know the human race has issues when you have to actually push someone to go out on a date! hahahaha. That was funny.

It was good to see Leslie again as brief as it was at least she was there, and as for penny and leonard what leonard should have realized, thought or be aware of is that when penny is drunk...her subconscious betrays her and goes back to leonard, dude, be patient its just a matter of time when her subconscious feelings travel to her conscious side hehehe, an ordeal to wait as anyone know but worth it. :D I like their scenes.

Finally just to add, Damn!!! now to wait until september! hehehe.

The issue here that they've made Penny do some unlikeable things lately. She's gone from being the sweet girl next door to a user of men. Whether or not she realizes it but she was simply using Zack to replace Leonard. The fact that he was "into science" is not a coincidence, that was a very deliberate move on the writers part to show that she was trying to replace him, and he obviously didn't make the cut because she went right back to Leonard. Then she uses Leonard to fill the loneliness she's been feeling and expects him to simply forget about it.

My problem is that we're not seeing enough from Penny's side. I want see her feel some real remorse for what she's done. Because without that it feels like her relationship with Leonard didn't mean anything to her and I simply don't believe that to be true. The scenes with Zack are meant to partially show that the relationship meant a lot to her because she's trying so hard to replace it. But we need to see more follow through with this next season.

As far as Leonard's behavior goes. It isn't his finest hour but it is understandable given what happened to him. I whole heartedly agree with him on the double standard issue even though Penny had every right to throw him out of her apartment.

The issue here that they've made Penny do some unlikeable things lately. She's gone from being the sweet girl next door to a user of men. Whether or not she realizes it but she was simply using Zack to replace Leonard. The fact that he was "into science" is not a coincidence, that was a very deliberate move on the writers part to show that she was trying to replace him, and he obviously didn't make the cut because she went right back to Leonard. Then she uses Leonard to fill the loneliness she's been feeling and expects him to simply forget about it.

My problem is that we're not seeing enough from Penny's side. I want see her feel some real remorse for what she's done. Because without that it feels like her relationship with Leonard didn't mean anything to her and I simply don't believe that to be true. The scenes with Zack are meant to partially show that the relationship meant a lot to her because she's trying so hard to replace it. But we need to see more follow through with this next season.

As far as Leonard's behavior goes. It isn't his finest hour but it is understandable given what happened to him. I whole heartedly agree with him on the double standard issue even though Penny had every right to throw him out of her apartment.

I don't see Penny's behavior as an indication she is using men. As a therapist I have a hard time not seeing her behavior as that of a 22/23 year old confused person in their developmental process. I know it's fiction but the writers are doing a great job showing the angst and confusion typical of that age group.

I think she loves Leonard but it scares the crap out of her and it seems to make her feel vulnerable and out of control. She has had a bad run of relationships since we've met her and she has self-esteem issues as an actress/waitress who struggles with her worth. People like that tend to reject others first before they're rejected. So she is trying to work all of this stuff out.

Sorry for the analysis but sometimes I can't get away from my own profession! :icon_cheesygrin:

As for Leonard, maybe he needs to look at why does he always seem to tolerate unacceptable behavior from the women he loves?

Anyway...it was a very good episode to end the season on. I can't wait for this season to be on DVD and for next season to be on TV! :icon_cool:

• Like 1

She had no genuine feelings for Zack. She was going out with him because his obsessions with science were a reminder of Leonard but without the emotional risk. Whether or not she's cognitive of that remains to be seen but she was using Zack as a means to replace what she lost with Leonard when she should have been thinking about why she broke it off with him in the first place.

When that little reality came crashing down she used Leonard for comfort and then expected him to just forget about it because she didn't want to face the reality of why she went back to him for that intimacy.

In my book thats using. Deliberate or not.

She had no genuine feelings for Zack. She was going out with him because his obsessions with science were a reminder of Leonard but without the emotional risk. Whether or not she's cognitive of that remains to be seen but she was using Zack as a means to replace what she lost with Leonard when she should have been thinking about why she broke it off with him in the first place.

When that little reality came crashing down she used Leonard for comfort and then expected him to just forget about it because she didn't want to face the reality of why she went back to him for that intimacy.

In my book thats using. Deliberate or not.

I'm sorry, I think I have been watching too much 2 1/2 men. I don't think Penny was using Jack in the way Charlie does on that show. So, you're right she is using him in the sense you mention. I just don't think it was deliberate.

In my line of work I need to see someone like Penny through the eyes of some understanding and empathy and not judgmentally.

In other words I have compassion where she and Leonard are both at and I can't take sides.

• Like 1

I really liked this episode. A great ending to the season. I`m looking forward to find out how their relationship developes. Can`t wait whole summer.....

Big Bang makes us laugh out loud! Not too many shows nowadays do that. We loved the idea of Sheldon finding someone exactly like him! Looking forward to next season!!

Did anyone see the cast last week on CBS This Morning? We couldn't believe they didn't make fun of Jim Parsons not sitting in Sheldon's position on the couch!! :icon_lol:

I really liked this episode. A great ending to the season. I`m looking forward to find out how their relationship developes. Can`t wait whole summer.....

It feels like a very long time. I agree!:icon_wink:

But at least there is a season 4!:icon_mrgreen:

I love this series so much and all the characters in them, Chuck Lorre is a pure genius!

Questions: Why don't we have love-smiley and what does Triple Bell Ring mean?

Loved this episode! it was great but the girl for Sheldon was a bit robotic if you ask me. Maybe she is an Android now that would be a twist for the new season!

In any case, all in all it was a great way to end the season, and yes Penny and Leonard have issues to work out too!

The sock joke really worked out here! Typical Raj and Howard

I liked the reference to The Bride of Frankenstien......lol

Loved this episode! it was great but the girl for Sheldon was a bit robotic if you ask me. Maybe she is an Android now that would be a twist for the new season!

I agree that she was a little robotic but I found her really funny. I am hoping this is just an introduction. I can see how she could develop her character into something special if given the opportunity.

"Something Special"

Ever heard of "The Stepford Wives"

Cold, Emotionless, Perfunctory in manners and motion.....ie, Robotic!!!!

I really wouldn't want to see Sheldon end up with a Robotic Love Doll.....it sounds way too heartless! Even someone as smart as Sheldon doesn't deserve it.

I agree that she was a little robotic but I found her really funny. I am hoping this is just an introduction. I can see how she could develop her character into something special if given the opportunity.

Loved this episode. How scary is that? To meet a mirror image of oneself !

They will probably be very comfortable with one another not realizing how weird they really are ! Can hardly wait to see more.

And the writers of 2 1/2 Men seemed to find a nich for Allen's son...Forrest Gump...love it ! He had some great material last night.

I loved the finale.

Leonard said yes to sleeping with Penny because he wants her back and thought she had 'come back' to him. Only to realize it wasn't what he thought it to be.

As for Sheldon/Amy, I found it intriguing. I doubt they'll 'date' in anything like the traditional sense, but I think they may have her come back for 'vintage game nights' or something where she could slowly work herself into Sheldon's world, even if they both oppose the thought.

Sheldon's relationship will never be like a real relationship. Tepid water in the prevening(loved that) will probably be second base in Sheldon's world.

• Like 1

I loved this season finale SO MUCH. The writers did a brilliant job of creating Sheldon's potential mate!

On the Leonard/Penny side, however, I can't say much mostly because I'm not a shipper and all that interested... But Zack was hilarious... likely because I haven't interacted with an idiot in such a long time. :D In a more serious light, Penny probably has trouble being with Leonard because she's not used to being *loved*. She only knows how to operate as a user, or being used.

But back to Sheldon/Amy... Love it. It's going to be a hilarious kick-off season 4!! Again, the writers did a brilliant job with it, because although Sheldon has a nice-attitude tendency towards admirers [LOL Ramona.], he needed someone to match him and intrigue him in return. It was excellent. Who saw that adorable little shared look at the end, both out of their known zones?? Hopefully she comes back!

• Like 1

Nice season finale! And a skillfully idea from the writers to put sheldon's possbile realationship at the end of a season, so they can check whether the community like this gril or not. This can be the beginning of a lot of fun. Now we must wait :-(

Greets

Nils

Hi did anyone else think that Amy had an uncanny resemblance in the way she talk etc' to Leonard's mother

@william - LOL. Yes, I indeed recognized this myself. Very amusing! I actually *almost* shipped Sheldon/Beverly before there was any talk of Amy. :p

The overwhelming majority of the big bang theory audience doesn't participate online. So checking the online community to gage whether or not a particular storyline is popular or not and then making a decision based on that would be foolish.

• Like 1

On the one hand I found this show to be quite funny.

On the other, after watching it again and again...... No.

I was a fan of L/P but where this show leaves off there is no way for Leonard to ever get together with Penny again. She crushed him If she tries to hang out with the gang it will just rip Leonard apart.

As a geek and senior network engineer I see no way that Leonard can recover from Penny's actions. If Penny drops by or they meet in the hall it will just tear at Leonard's guts.

This was for the most part a very poor end of season.

Sheldon was funny and I really enjoyed Raj's parts but I still way the only way to have a germ of reality and bring the humor back is to kick Penny off and have Leonard move on.

After all the show is about Sheldon and Leonard. There can no longer be any humor for Leonard if Penny is around. Well, not if the writers want something like reality.

As luck would have it this is a TV show so has nothing to do with reality and as it is a very good Tv show I can not see 23 episodes in season 4 with P/L just meeting in the hallway in season 3 he was doing her nail's within 5 min's of her walking out on him Penny and Leonard's relationship is the corner stone of the show which I've said a number of times will not work if the writers keep them apart to long........THIS IS CNN......

I REALLY loved the Season Finale! And the second last episode as well. After a sometimes disappointing Season that had me miss group-science and geek humour, the last two episodes were just everything I love about this show and I really hope the writers will remember their original audience when they start Season 4.

As for Sheldon's "date", what I really liked about it is that we finally see how any type of interaction should start - by a COMMON interest. I found it really refreshing to see a man and a woman not starting to converse about things they make up just because they are physically attracted by each other and want to ignore the fact that they have nothing in common (Leonard-Penny, for example), but that two people actually start a talk because they realise they HAVE something in common.

No sure if I want this Sheldon-Amy interaction to go anywhere, but I liked it being portrayed from this point of view.

• Like 1

I hope Sheldon's date hangs around for a while and the show nerds itself up a bit. Hopefully Leonard will join the other guys in general relationship or sex chasing rather than fixating on 1 person for so long. I realise that the L/P sceario is standard american sitcom fodder but I would much prefer to see 4 geeky guys trying to get through life. That's what made the show stand out from the others in the first place.

Apropos of the way Penny treated Leonard as mentioned earlier... I think that Penny has developed commitment issues after being let down so often after giving her heart away, so is now afraid to do so again. Leonard, on the other hand initially tried to view this gap in the relationship rationally but he is carrying around childhood emotional baggage created by a mother who did not reciprocate his love. So although he tried to deal with the Penny situation rationally , his subconscious feeling of rejection just had to come out (in snide comments)

It was probably not written that way but it does fit.

Penny may not have realised her boyfriend was so dumb because subjects in which this would have been exposed probably didnt come up in conversation. It was only when he met the guys and was responding to them that his doziness became apparent.

1 more point which is just conjecture...When Penny started going out with Leonard, she may have been proud to say that she was in a relationship with someone so intelligent which became part of the persona she portrayed to her friends. Now that she is going out with Forrest Gump's dumber brother she may be thinking..."what does that say about me?, how do I explain this to all the people I was boasting to, about going out with a physicist?"