The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.23 - Season Finale - May 24

The one problem the show is going to have now IF they keep P/L apart is

(which would be so so wrong) is that the show started as you said with 4 geeky guys working their way through life and a girl who lives across the hall Penny can never go back to being the girl across the hall again to much has happened

what has Forrest Gump ever done to you

I read up the thread and I see many of you expecting to see Leslie more. I also like Leslie very much and hope to see her back in season 4.

just finally saw the season finale (i was on vacation and unable to get to a tv on time! haha)...

um.. i didn't think this episode was all that great... i think the only reason why is because i'm a huge fan of penny/leonard's relationship.. it just bothered me how she tried to replace leonard with some dude that had a job that needed a little "science" in designing a place and just trying to fill that special thing leonard took with him. also how she just used him for a late night booty call... and yes, it was a double standard but he shouldn't have tried to do the same thing she did. anyway, i see a few trial and errors come from penny's part, and possibly another relationship that might last a while, in the end i believe the writers will have the two back together again...

couples need to get through the tough times apart in order to be stronger together

well, let's see where sheldon/amy goes next season and hopes for penny/leonard to spark back up!

just finally saw the season finale (i was on vacation and unable to get to a tv on time! haha)...

um.. i didn't think this episode was all that great... i think the only reason why is because i'm a huge fan of penny/leonard's relationship.. it just bothered me how she tried to replace leonard with some dude that had a job that needed a little "science" in designing a place and just trying to fill that special thing leonard took with him. also how she just used him for a late night booty call... and yes, it was a double standard but he shouldn't have tried to do the same thing she did. anyway, i see a few trial and errors come from penny's part, and possibly another relationship that might last a while, in the end i believe the writers will have the two back together again...

couples need to get through the tough times apart in order to be stronger together

well, let's see where sheldon/amy goes next season and hopes for penny/leonard to spark back up!

I think your right about Penny and Leonard but as we only have 23 episodes I hope they do not drift to far apart I can see Sheldon's love life being a sub plot all season

It didn't feel like a "finale" to me...

Exactly. That was another problem for me. This episode didn't feel like a season finale. It didn't leave anything to look forword too next season. The Sheldon/Amy stuff told you everything that their relationship is going to be if they bring the character back next season. She is not going to be a "love" interest, she's going to be a new friend for Sheldon which is something that the creators have been talking about doing for awhile now. Sheldon making a new friend outside the social interaction that he normally has with the rest of the gang.

The Leonard/Penny stuff was all negative, and really the only thing to look forword too for them next year is a whole bunch of denial.

Not true.

S1 ended with Leonard and Penny going on their first date.

S2 ended with Leonard leaving and Penny expressing that she'd miss him.

S3 ended with Sheldon and Amy starting a date.

A season finale should always make you anticipate the start of the next season. And the Sheldon/Amy story is something I'll be anticipating until I see the first episode this fall.

• Like 1

I agree that it didn't feel like a finale..but I heard that the last episode was added on unexpectedly so that would make sense that it didn't feel like a finale. The elevator episode is more suited to be a finale IMO.

I agree that it didn't feel like a finale..but I heard that the last episode was added on unexpectedly so that would make sense that it didn't feel like a finale. The elevator episode is more suited to be a finale IMO.

It wasn't added unexpectadly. The writers had more than enough advanced warning that they we're going to have an extra episode for the season. It's not like this show needs major advanced planning anyway so there's no reason why this episode couldn't have been geared as more of a true season ender.

They didn't have an "extra" episode. As Bill Prady said on his Twitter feed, a sitcom like that typically has 23-24 episodes per season. So it wasn't an extra, it was just the last episode, as planned all along.

I think we've come to expect the season finale of a sitcom always to be a big cliff hanger, but that isn't necessarily the case. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. In this case, I agree that it wasn't "finale-ish", but it didn't really bother me. I find the whole Amy Fowler storyline to be uninteresting and kind of trite, but it's fine. Doesn't grab me, but whatever.

I'm just glad they're coming back in September :)

Steve

The Wiki

It was an ok episode...

Not a cliffhanger, not a great episode, but not a bad one either...

On that note, I don't think I've watched a "bad" BBT episode 3 years now!

lol

I agree that there are no truly bad TBBT episodes. We can be honest, though, and say that there are some that fall a bit flat and a few in which the characterizations are written wrong.

A good example is the one where Sheldon has to learn to drive. There are some absolutely hilarious moments in that episode and I wouldn't call it bad. But the way Sheldon treated the other characters was way too callous and selfish for his character. Sheldon does act that way, of course, but when it's written well there is an element of innocence to his actions which balances out the spitefullness. In the best of those moments, we even see a glimmer of self-awareness. We see that he realizes that his behaviour is out of line, whether or not he knows exactly why. Think of the time he was trying to work out what he said wrong to offend Penny during dinner, or when Leonard says "It must be hell inside your head" and Sheldon responds "At times." The Euclid Alternative failed to provide that true characterization, unfortunately, and as a result it's not a great episode. But it's still great fun to watch!

The season three finale episode, while not as spectacular as, say, Adhesive Duck, certainly didn't fall flat. The characterizations were excellent. Zack was hilarious. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Amy. It wasn't a cliffhanger, that's true, but it certainly left me looking forward to the next season, in part because I feel like the weird chemistry of season three has ended and that we may be heading into another spectacular season like season two.

Now I'm off to watch a few episodes and write some wiki stuff to start my day off right!

Steve

The Wiki

The Season Finale for BBT was quite interesting where Sheldon got a match online. After watching All 3 seasons of TBBT I was surprised that I'm a fan of this show now. Can't wait for Season 4 to come out.

I'm a big fan from Germany since approx 2 month. I watched all the three seasons in this timeframe. And what can I say? I'm addicted :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm curious about Sheldons relationship in Season4. It's hard for me to imagine that Sheldon gets some human feelings :icon_wink:

What I definitely want to see in Season 4 is that Penny and Leonard become a couple again. Everything else would be very disappointing. Shure she brought the new guy but on the other hand Leonard had something with the nymphomaniac lady Sheldon invited. The way Penny reacted to this tells me that it is (hopefully) not over with them.

Now it's gonna be hard 2 month to wait for Season 4 :icon_cry:

Greetings

UrbanApe

The season finale just aired in the UK and I enjoyed it as always the little cliffhanger was a good, I was screaming at my tv no as I was expecting another clip at the end. They need to let Raj and Howard to have more screen time as we haven't really seen them much this season. Raj needs to have his own little story as most off season 3 was about Leonard and Penny.

hey. I am a big fan from Pakistan for years now... and without exaggeration i have watched each episode at least 5 or 6 times.... I love this show... storyline is great... concept is remarkably unique... acting is marvelous ... i love every character ...

But i don't know if its just me or in last episodes of Season 3... Penny has really turned from a funny, not so smart and sweet blonde to some selfish bitch... excuse my french but Leaonard was heart broken and I felt bad for the guy..

Pria has already told Leonard a relationship is impossible because of her parents. So it's just temporary.

Raj needs to get back at Leonard for doing his sister. The obvious thing to do is Penny.

is a quote from what i wrote in feb.

it's just cheaper to toot your own horn

either i predicted Penny and Raj or it was too good of an idea to pass up.

See you on Chuck's next vanity card (censored)

@Mustang.... lol grats on that !!

Now.... what are the winning numbers for next week's lottery jackpot pls?

I think Leonard ruined penny for dumb guys like zach but that's not a bad thing, but it made her believe she can date a smart guy maybe not on leonard's level but a normal smart guy.

If or when they decide to get penny and Leonard back the writers to give them a better script that includes outside the bedroom I would hope they have something in common outside the bedrooom if not then they're just a couple that only has sex and I don't think they're that, better character development please like what attracts Leonard to penny besides he's a nice and smart guy why are they together romantically have them talk to each about their interests,because the writers left so much to be desired and the scenes together were kind of boring of couse the rest of season 3 wasn't all that great either.

@ priness what's sexy pins?

They're not Ross/Rachel 2.0 those two had chemistry, L/P so far dont they're kind of boring together but I blame the script and the writing for that, if they're up and down then they're just another sitcom couple

As for Leonard/penny, Leonard needs to grow up a little and quit either being so insecure or a jerk when for the most part he's with penny, he needs to confront his mommy issues and get some confidence, not that penny is any better I suspect she's given her heart to guys to soon or too many times and the guy hurt her bad so she probably is in love and this is her first real relationship since Kurt and it scares her and probably a little confuseing to her as well.

The ones that said get rid of penny, if they did that the show would consist of 4 nerds sitting around eating Thai food playing video and watching star trek and nothing exciting happening.