Why should TBBT go on for another 5 Years!?

Ki22

I feel this show still has a lot to offer and to bring to all the people who watch!  TBBT has added to lives with the STEM Scholarship and I feel the writers could help even more by expanding on this story group!  This is a beautiful story and I don't see a ending....

Your thoughts.....

• Like 2

I also think they could easily extend to at least three more seasons, if the producers are willing to keep the show going and as long as the actors don't ask for salaries which can't be afforded. 

There are still so many family members we haven't met, which I would like to see interacting with Shamy, Howardette  and Lenny.

They could extend the length of the episodes (let's say 45 min.) and reduce the number of episodes per season to write stories that could go deeper. This would permit the audience to explore the characters of the show more and to show at least two main stories that could be shown at the same time. 

Plenty of life left in this show, 5 years looks unlikely but if it was a case of the actors on board, staff and the networks willing to put up the money then they could easily have enough material to do another 5 years no question.

3 more years looks like the best shot right now, though I am less confident than I was that we see another deal.

I feel there is a lot more story to tell.   The lives of our favorite people and couples are now just beginning. 

If the show is not renewed, how will we ever get to see Sheldon pull the guts out of a pumpkin, find out Penny's maiden name, see Leonard become Sheldon's boss, witness the success of Howard's guidance system,  watch Bernadette win the Nobel for her drug discovery, Raj pushing baby Howardette in a stroller while walking Cinnamon and eating ice cream, and seeing Amy sitting in the passenger seat of her car while Sheldon drives her to the airport for her next Neurobiology conference to receive an award?

Seriously, though, I want so much more of TBBT.   I'm not ready for it to end.   What would I do with my Monday/Thursday nights and time spent on this forum?

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

Umm yeah no its barley bringing out a tenth season. I don't think their is much life left in this show. Two years maybe. But five nah? i love the show, but i would rather the show end in its prime. Then be a former shadow of its former self. It's shelf life is running out. I don't think creatively they have it in them to delvier more stories but that is just me. 

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I wonder if there'll be any spin-offs?

I don't think they will, once the show ends I think they will want to do something different by playing a different character.

I think if we are talking hypothetically they could pull off a spinoff as most of these characters are petty strong and well developed. But I think any spinoffs would be a fundamentally different show, perhaps still as a comedy but exploring the drama that life brings a bit more. Lorre seems to have had a lot of success with Mom, and though I haven't watched much of that show I have heard it can be pretty gritty at times.

Spin offs would seem a good idea for those top characters of a show but I usually dont think they are good enough for come to light. I mean,  the characters are known and loved by the audience before but usualy the spin off character seems a kind of "orphan" as the storyplot is most centered on them, you know. Most characters's shows work well with all the show elements fitted in their story. For example I love shamy and for much I would love to see more of their lives than we see on the show, a show centered just on them could not work so well  as their characterizations might be too much off of the elements of the previous show that they belong to and were sucessful characters.

A real exempl of this is imo "Better call saul" , spin off of "Breaking Bad". That lawyer rocks with all BB charaters and storylines all together. He for himself is  interisting to watch two or three episodes and then he doesnt look so interisting as he was centred in BB plots.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Umm yeah no its barley bringing out a tenth season. I don't think their is much life left in this show. Two years maybe. But five nah? i love the show, but i would rather the show end in its prime. Then be a former shadow of its former self. It's shelf life is running out. I don't think creatively they have it in them to delvier more stories but that is just me. 

I think the writers are better than you think they are....They could so pull that off!

Not gunna be a shadow!

Big Bang Theory is good for the evolution of the Human Race...That is the BEST ....REASON to keep the show!  It keeps people thinking and Moving, Thinking in different ways!

Kinda like "Star Trek"......Important Product to all of Humanity!  A BIG  contributor to all of us!  A BIG Inspiration to ALL.

ki 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 11:32 PM, 3ku11 said:

I disagree....This could easily go on for another three to five years.   They are NOT at the bottom.  They are at the top of their game!  They are being steady and not losing the interest of the audience..AT ALL!   GAME ON TBBT PEEPS!!!!  I fully support you and what you are doing!  If the CUBS can WIN so can YOU!  Love you ALL! KI

2 hours ago, Shelldon said:

People mentioning spinoffs is a little ironic now......

Also I kind of rolled my eyes at the suggestion of 45 minute long episodes.

Why?  There are a couple of different comedy shows that ran in 40-45 minute slots (27-29 minutes of show) for some episodes, in the 90s. 

• Like 1

Friends back in the day had 45 minute specials some times, for thanksgiving episodes. Hour episodes some time's. For Series final, or Season Finalies too. 

On the topic of BBT. Season Ten has been really good so far (Just a suggestion, some other forums I go to, have a spoiler tag. So if you are mentioning a spoiler, you can choose to not reveal it, so you can post, and another poster has the option of revealing it). That is why I think BBT should end this season. End while your on top. Don't overstay your welcome. Season 11 prob well happen. But woulden't mind if Season Ten is the last. You want the audience to at least miss you. 

No....A show should still do it's duty as long as the people are excited for new stories....We are still excited!  And will be for years!  There are new workings in the relationships....We will keep watching!   Maybe you are bored.... The rest of us are on-board for what happens next for three to five years!

KI

Edited by Ki22
Forgot the VOTE!...VOTED! also neglected a word.

On November 8, 2016 at 1:14 AM, 3ku11 said:

Friends back in the day had 45 minute specials some times, for thanksgiving episodes. Hour episodes some time's. For Series final, or Season Finalies too. 

On the topic of BBT. Season Ten has been really good so far (Just a suggestion, some other forums I go to, have a spoiler tag. So if you are mentioning a spoiler, you can choose to not reveal it, so you can post, and another poster has the option of revealing it). That is why I think BBT should end this season. End while your on top. Don't overstay your welcome. Season 11 prob well happen. But woulden't mind if Season Ten is the last. You want the audience to at least miss you. 

TBBT is still WELCOME!   Where are you living?  I think you are just playing into the ten year curse....This show has much to offer and I do not think they are done with their stories or the public interest has waned.   TBBT is INTERNATIONAL....everyone wants them!   KEEP GOING TBBT!   TBBT has a great influence on people who are going to change the World...this should not  stop because of nay sayers...GO TBBT GO!

Edited by Tensor
just had to say