The Big Bang Theory Forums
hbk4894

What are you currently thinking about

Posted (edited)

I just saw the movie "Brain On Fire" and I was thinking that if any one wanted to what I went through the 2 years leading up to and including my 5 month hospital stay, 12 years ago, that movie is as close as it gets. Without ruining any of the story, I went thru more in some areas, she went thru more in others and I didn't hear voices. I did NOT have what she had. I had cryptococcus (neoforman) which is talked about in the movie and can/does/did cause most of the same effects she underwent. It even includes Doctors not caring enough to...well go see the movie.

Edited by walnutcowboy

On 4/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, walnutcowboy said:

Thinking how smart animals can be !

I'm not... and I'm a cat...!  

So sorry, Mike, was really hoping she'd made some improvement too 🐶😟

She had for a while, but she IS 23 years old. It's gotten to the point where she hurts most of the time. I can't even pick her up w/o her crying out. The only time she is really happy is at night when she is next to me. I've been selfish.

Interesting facts tho:

G.G. has been with me 1/3 of my life.

1/2 of ELOISE and my married life.

2X as long as I've had brain trauma.

Posted (edited)

It was beautiful. 

On the 1 1/2 hour drive there it was raining the whole time. When we were done, the sun was shining . It was like GOD was sorry HE has to take G.G., but after HE did, HE was so happy to get her back the sun came out.

She was ready to go. She stopped eating, couldn't walk, was in so much pain,  we couldn't pick her up. Most of the time her mind wasn't even there. She was ready.

The place was great, very nice. gave us time alone first. Let us stay to say goodbye, and allowed us to stay as long as we needed after. 

They took a paw print and are going to something nice with it and give it back to us. I didn't catch what they said, but we'll find out. ELOISE (Bless her heart) is allowing me to get G.G. cremated. G.G. was THAT special to me. We will get her ashs back in a nice mahogany box and will be with me in the "office".

The "boys" know G.G.s gone. They smelled all over for her, but we have kept her separate, because of her condition, for so long. I don't know how much they will miss her anymore since there have become such good buds together.

BENNY did a wonderful job last night taking over G.G,s job watching over me at night. He has some big paws to fill, but will do great ! He won't fill the hole left by G.G. but there is a niche just his size in my heart.

THE WORLD IS GOOD TODAY !

Thank you all for caring.

Mike 

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

I had to read your post twice before I registered what had happened, and I just burst into tears, and I'm still crying as I'm writing.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Mike, and for Eloise, Benny and Playdoh - G.G. was a special girl.

Rest in peace, darling G.G., play in the garden with trees and flowers.

(((((Hug)))))

xx

Thank you so much !!! That's the nicest thing ANYONE has said to us about the situation! It has us crying again .

In an earlier post, you said you weren't "smart", well let me tell you how WRONG you are. There are different kinds of "smart". PLAYDOH has 30+ toys and knows the names of all of them, that's "smart". That is what I was thinking of at the time I made that post. BENNY knows when he tears up napkins when we are gone, and when we find out, to hide under the bed, because we can't reach him there, that's "smart". With G.G., because of the people before us, she never learned to play, she really didn't like toys, never did anything to get in trouble. But what G.G. DID have was a kind and loving heart and was so sensitive to others, which you have and are, which is truly shown in your last post (and so many other times)

and that is the BEST kind of "SMART" there is.    

Yeah, getting "it" done was sooo thoughtful of the Vet. we have more closure then we ever believed possible. 

Hugs back !

BENNY by no means is a dog we would pick out of a box that said "FREE DOGS" but we took him in because he had been abused and our grand daughter didn't know where else he could go, so we took him in. Since G.G.s passing he has been such a GOD send. It's like he KNOWS it's his job to be DADDY'S DOG now. He is trying SOOO hard !

We are doing OK now.

• Like 1

I always wonder how the owners who hurt animals would feel if they had it done back to THEM. KARMA will get them in the end.

• Like 1

As I hold BENNY in my arms (while typing), it's something I could never understand either. When we first got BENNY he was nothing but skin and bones with no muscle mass. He was dehydrated and starving. The only toy he ever had to play with was a cloth chicken. Since then he has filled out just fine. Our boys get, what we think, is the healthiest food money can buy. We have 2 different places in the house where they can choose to eat and drink. PLAYDOH now shares his 40+ toys with BENNY. They also get to run as much as they want and BENNYs little legs keep up with PLAYDOHs (they just move a lot faster) just fine now. I think what makes BENNY the happiest now is that he is no longer odd dog out and I can give him all my affection to just him now without having to share. We are really bonding. When we go to sleep, he sleeps next to me on my right side, but if I roll over he will walk around me to sleep facing me. This is too cute !

=

• Like 2

^Awwwwwwwwww.....!   ❤  For BENNY:  ❤  and for PLAYDOH:  ❤ And for you and ELOISE:  ❤❤

Posted (edited)

Thanks ! Today we are picking up G.G.s remains. (in ash's in a beautiful box).

It's all good.

Edited by walnutcowboy

It's never easy, losing a beloved pet - they are part of the family, never just an animal. They are a part of us, our lives. I wish our pets could live for ever, but I know that's not possible.

G.G. will know that you all loved her, and she gave you a lifetime's worth of love and memories, and she will live on in your hearts and minds.

Another hard thread to come to.

I know G.G did. she lasted 3 months to see me become "normal" again.  My new meds. have me thinking and acting like my "old" self. I think that is what she was waiting for !

BENNY is in my arm as I type. He got neutered, got all his shots, and "chipped" (against our wishes) on Monday so he has wanted more attention and has had night terrors and barks at every single nothing since then. But that's what makes for a good team, having each others backs. He lays next to me and lets me pet him to help me go to sleep, and I hold him and pet him to calm him down when he gets scared. This is going to work out great !